Type keyword(s) to search

Season 7: Speculation and Spoilers Discussion

• Start Topic

In the books, it's indicated that Bran can potentially contact his siblings through he Wolf-dreams (indeed, he has done so with Jon). Unrelated to the show, I've considered this as a possible way for Sansa to find out the smoking gun about LF and Joffrey. Varys may be able to tell her, too, but so far it doesn't seem like he will be in a position to tell her. In the books, Varys is likely to be pro-Aegon and against Dany, anyway, so his role would be rather different.

Who convinced Joffrey to "act bold as a strong king should" has been a plot point emphasised in the books and, IIRC, also hinted at in the show (I think show-Varys did say the line: "who really killed Ned Stark, that day?" as part of his "power is a shadow on the wall" speech).

I suppose the answer to Varys' question must become relevant at some point (the riddle about power aside). And the ultimate fall of LF should be the consequence - or at least that's what I would expect. 

• Love 1
Just now, Wouter said:

In the books, it's indicated that Bran can potentially contact his siblings through he Wolf-dreams (indeed, he has done so with Jon).

I wasn't saying it wasn't something he could do, I just feel that it doesn't satisfy dramatically.

3 minutes ago, Wouter said:

I suppose the answer to Varys' question must become relevant at some point (the riddle about power aside). And the ultimate fall of LF should be the consequence - or at least that's what I would expect. 

That's going to be interesting with Jon heading south and being around Varys. I'm guessing his scenes will be spread out, and I'm hoping he and Varys get to have a chat. I'm assuming Dany & Co already know that the Vale has declared for Winterfell, and they probably know that's where LF is.

Honestly, I'm just looking for LF's downfall any way I can get it.

3 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

That's going to be interesting with Jon heading south and being around Varys. I'm guessing his scenes will be spread out, and I'm hoping he and Varys get to have a chat. I'm assuming Dany & Co already know that the Vale has declared for Winterfell, and they probably know that's where LF is.

Honestly, I'm just looking for LF's downfall any way I can get it.

Varys could easily have told Sansa all this in Season 3 when the show changed his plot to have him trying to stop her from leaving with Littlefinger, but he didn't, because, of course, she couldn't be allowed to have that information or the plot wouldn't work.  So I wouldn't get your hopes up that Varys is suddenly going to get involved.

I shouldn't get used to new spoilery goodness every single day. Spoiler drought is coming after filming...Nah, doesn't work. Gimme now!

The only things I don't like so far are the probable demise of Yara (I agree, things don't look good for her); Melisandre possibly at Dragonstone instead of getting stabby-stabbed by Arya, yes I still hate the Red Religious Nut; and Arya possibly being hostage of the Sansa/LF mess. Arya avenging Ned by killing Littlecreeper is OK with me after she avenged Catelyn by slashing Walder's throat. But M.Williams/Arya has always had such great chemistry with whomever she was onscreen with, and there are only two shortened seasons left so I hope she won't be stuck with those two and join everyone else where the real fun is.

Another huge grip: Jaime not bailing out on Cersei soon enough. They're dragging it out for maximum shock because he's the valonqar, I don't see any other explanation. Jaime is a world away from the man he used to be, it makes no sense to me that he'd still follow Cersei after everything. Of course, the leaks are only partial and not confirmed but for the Dragonstone bits so far. I'll wait before I rant and rave about Arya and Jaime's storylines.

Jorah was always one of my faves so I'm glad he's back, but poor Sir Friendzone indeed. Jon got his father's sword and now he might get his beloved. I can't help but wonder if Jorah is going to be sensible about it...Maybe it isn't in a romantic way, but Dany loves Jorah so could he be "the" one who betrays her? I hope not...

Gendry/Davos/Jon/Jorah as a team? Early christmas gift if you ask me [imagine here several paragraphs of gleeful fangirling that I spare you of]. If the Hound, Arya and Brienne could join them I'd be in fan heaven. Please don't kill off any of them.

All these leaks must have crashed WOTW.

I can see Arya thinking the worst about Sansa from their early days, also she may get some bad vibes from the mummers play then along comes LF; hopefully Bran gives them the true scoop.

In the books Sansa is figuring out LF plays, but in show they seem to put road blocks up for her to totally figure things out, most notably what happened in the throne room.

I wonder if Arya meets up with Sandor he tells her what went down, Sansa doesn't believe it until Bran can confirm it to both of them, it be a way for Sansa and Arya to be at logger heads for a while.

5 minutes ago, Happy Harpy said:

Another huge grip: Jaime not bailing out on Cersei soon enough. They're dragging it out for maximum shock because he's the valonqar, I don't see any other explanation. Jaime is a world away from the man he used to be, it makes no sense to me that he'd still follow Cersei after everything. Of course, the leaks are only partial and not confirmed but for the Dragonstone bits so far. 

She is pregnant and he has the opportunity to actually be a father.  He'll stay loyal to her until whatever happens for him to choke her to death (does she decide to fake the pregnancy in S8?).

9 hours ago, SeanC said:

That there was a shift away from GRRM's original outlined Jon/Arya romance is clear, but I don't think that was a result of abandoning the five-year-gap.  By that point he already had the major characters' storylines figured out, from his own telling.  If the first three books were setting up a Jon/Arya romance, then it would be a big part of their stories, and he wouldn't change that.  He'd bite the bullet and figure out how to get Arya to the right age.

You have a greater confidence in GRRM than I have considering that 5 years later we still don't have TWoW and I don't think we will ever see the last book. His gardener activities has led to him running into problems. He clearly struggled over having the 5 year gap - hence the long gaps after ASoS.  It's clear at this point that he does not know how to get the different characters to their end points, let alone get Arya to the right age to have a romance with Jon.  That's why he's blogging about football rather than finish the damn books.

3 hours ago, SeanC said:

Bran is one of the most important characters in ASOIAF (maybe the single-most important, for all we know), but he's had nothing whatsoever to do with Sansa's narrative.

Jon has even less to do with Sansa's narrative than Bran and the show had no hesitation shoving her into his plot last season.  Seeing Jon and LF in the same scene is mind boggling.

3 hours ago, Wouter said:

In the books, it's indicated that Bran can potentially contact his siblings through he Wolf-dreams (indeed, he has done so with Jon).

I don't think he can do this with Sansa since she lost her wolf and is the weakest warg of the siblings.

Edited by anamika
2 hours ago, Happy Harpy said:

Gendry/Davos/Jon/Jorah as a team? Early christmas gift if you ask me [imagine here several paragraphs of gleeful fangirling that I spare you of]. If the Hound, Arya and Brienne could join them I'd be in fan heaven. Please don't kill off any of them.

And Pod, please. Don't forget Pod!

3 hours ago, anamika said:

You have a greater confidence in GRRM than I have considering that 5 years later we still don't have TWoW and I don't think we will ever see the last book. His gardener activities has led to him running into problems. He clearly struggled over having the 5 year gap - hence the long gaps after ASoS.  It's clear at this point that he does not know how to get the different characters to their end points, let alone get Arya to the right age to have a romance with Jon.  That's why he's blogging about football rather than finish the damn books.

Jon has even less to do with Sansa's narrative than Bran and the show had no hesitation shoving her into his plot last season.  Seeing Jon and LF in the same scene is mind boggling.

I don't think he can do this with Sansa since she lost her wolf and is the weakest warg of the siblings.

well per GRRM they are all wargs, Ned wasn't a warg yet he thought he heard something calling him in TOJ, Sansa is a weak warg but she be further ahead in it then Ned.

Director order info at WOTW!

7x01 - Jeremy Podeswa

7x02 - Mark Mylod

7x03 - ?

7x04 - ?

7x05 - Possibly Matt Shakman

7x06 - Alan Taylor

7x07 - Jeremy Podeswa

L7R reports that Las Atarazanas, the Royal Shipyards of Seville, will be another part of the dragonpit.

The Seville extras will be Lannister guards at the dragonpit.

There will be many characters passing through the Dragonpit, and Jaime and Brienne will have at least one scene together.

New pics have been posted from today's filming. Kit, Emilia, Nathalie, Liam, and Conleth are on the set. Looks like a Matt Shakman episode (if he's the bearded ginger dude with the red and black baseball cap), so 7x05? Emilia's wearing the silver cape Dany outfit.

L7R has heard that costume fittings are starting for the Italica filming, and that they include a new set of armour for "a kingsguard" (the Mountain?). Not necessarily a confirmation of the leaker's version of the dragonpit scene, but the Mountain was supposed to be there in their version as well.

Edited by Eyes High
46 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

The Seville extras will be Lannister guards at the dragonpit.

There will be many characters passing through the Dragonpit, and Jaime and Brienne will have at least one scene together.

So Jon/Dany trying to convince Cersei of the WW threat seems more or less confirmed.

Brienne at the Dragonpit is her probably accompanying Arya or Sansa down south for some reason.

Jaime/Brienne shippers must be happy! - Gwendolyn mentioned that the fans will be getting what they wanted this season.

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, anamika said:

So Jon/Dany trying to convince Cersei of the WW threat seems more or less confirmed.

Brienne at the Dragonpit is her probably accompanying Arya or Sansa down south for some reason.

It's not clear. The leaker was emphatic about neither Arya nor Sansa being present at the dragonpit scene, and if the leaker is right about what goes on at the dragonpit involving Jon and Dany trying to convince Cersei of the WW threat, the leaker's probably correct about Arya and Sansa not being there as well.

However, the leaker initially insisted that Brienne stayed at Winterfell all season and when confronted with WOTW spoilers that Brienne was in fact present at the dragonpit "remembered" (?) that Sansa had sent Brienne south to represent the North at this meeting (I guess because she didn't trust Jon not to fuck the North over). That's plausible enough, I guess; Sansa has sent Brienne south to represent her interests. It's still a bit sketchy, though.

We should know either way soon enough. Filming in Seville is scheduled to start next week. Given the inability of any of the actors to conceal their presence in Spain, if Maisie or Sophie do show up in Spain over the next few days, we'll know.

If the leaker is correct, big reunions like Jon/Arya, Sandor/Arya and Sandor/Sansa will have to wait until Season 8. Team Jon is supposedly headed north at the end of Season 7, and I'm guessing their first stop in Season 8 would be Winterfell. From a meta perspective, I could see D&D saving those reunions for Season 8 rather than shoving them in at the end of Season 7 in a scene where there's a lot of other stuff going on and the focus is on the war against the WWs. (Granted, they're shoving in a Jaime/Brienne reunion, but they saw each other just a few episodes ago, as opposed to Jon and Arya, who haven't seen each other for six seasons, and Sandor and Sansa, who haven't seen each other for five seasons.)

Edited by Eyes High
12 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

that Brienne was in fact present at the dragonpit "remembered" that Sansa had sent Brienne south to represent the North at this meeting (I guess because she didn't trust Jon not to fuck the North over).

Yeah, this makes no sense because Jon is already 'representing the North' and all he and Dany are supposedly doing is try to convince Cersei of the WW threat. What's Brienne going to contribute? The only reason I can think of for her being there without the girls is if she was carrying word to Jon of events transpiring in WF. And if this is happening towards the end of the season, the whole Arya-LF-Sansa debacle would be over -  no reason for Sansa to send Brienne to undermine Jon.

I think the leaker does not have any details about Brienne's story (Other than her sparring with Arya at one point) and was making something up for her.

26 minutes ago, anamika said:

Yeah, this makes no sense because Jon is already 'representing the North' and all he and Dany are supposedly doing is try to convince Cersei of the WW threat. What's Brienne going to contribute? The only reason I can think of for her being there without the girls is if she was carrying word to Jon of events transpiring in WF. And if this is happening towards the end of the season, the whole Arya-LF-Sansa debacle would be over -  no reason for Sansa to send Brienne to undermine Jon.

I think the leaker does not have any details about Brienne's story (Other than her sparring with Arya at one point) and was making something up for her.

The leaker might have no direct information about any northern storylines but might be able to make certain assumptions about what's going on in the northern storylines based on what happens in the south. For example, the leaker has said that Jon receives word that Bran and Arya have arrived safely to Winterfell in Episode 5. So if the leaker knows that, the leaker can make up some kind of plot involving Sansa, Arya, Bran and Winterfell, since the leaker knows from the other scene that they're all there.

Even if the Arya/LF drama is entirely resolved by this point, I could see Sansa getting very nervous if she hears that Dany is trying to make a deal with a woman who wants Sansa dead. She's already made it clear she doesn't trust Jon to protect her. I'm not sure if she thinks Brienne could do something to steer the negotiations that Jon couldn't, but maybe she sends her to report back on what's taking place?

Edited by Eyes High
13 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

Even if the Arya/LF drama is entirely resolved by this point, I could see Sansa getting very nervous if she hears that Dany is trying to make a deal with a woman who wants Sansa dead. She's already made it clear she doesn't trust Jon to protect her. I'm not sure if she thinks Brienne could do something to steer the negotiations that Jon couldn't, but maybe she sends her to report back on what's taking place?

If it's solely Brienne heading south, I expect that if the writers want to contrive a reason for her to meet Jaime again, they won't care too much about the specific pretext for doing so (see also, Season 6).

Edited by SeanC
16 minutes ago, SeanC said:

If it's solely Brienne heading south, I expect that if the writers want to contrive a reason for her to meet Jaime again, they won't care too much about the specific pretext for doing so (see also, Season 6).

Except that Sansa will look like a complete tool with the whole "sending Brienne to represent her and the interest of the North."

If we're 5-6 episodes in and she still doesn't get that this is so much bigger than her and the North and all of Westeros, then I'm just going to throw in the towel where she's concerned.

http://itsallaboutmagic.tumblr.com/post/152384419599/dragons-and-jon-and-dany-anddragons

Kit and Emilia playing with dragon heads! So cute.

I am wondering if Brienne has her own story in the books (Something to do with Jaime) other than being Sansa's yes woman and if that is a possible reason for her being in the Dragonpit.

And I don't think the Sansa-Cersei enmity is going to amount to much if the wall falls at the end of this season and next season will be about the WW.

Edited by anamika
31 minutes ago, anamika said:

I am wondering if Brienne has her own story in the books (Something to do with Jaime) other than being Sansa's yes woman and if that is a possible reason for her being in the Dragonpit.

The removal of the whole Riverlands plotline and Lady Stoneheart essentially shredded Brienne's book narrative, so I imagine her seasonal excuses to go back to the south are so that she can continue to show up in Jaime's story as required.

23 hours ago, ElizaD said:

There has been so much speculation about the third head, which led to theories like Tyrion Targaryen as a way to get him a dragon, that the Night's King being the third head feels like an exciting twist that I want to be true; I can't remember ever seeing a serious discussion of that possibility,

Yes, there were all kinds of specs about Tyrion as a Targ, but wasn't there also plenty of spec about Bran warging a dragon? I suppose that could still happen, but now we have the added challenge: can Bran warg an undead dragon? Uncle Benjen seemed to think Bran's powers would be more than up to snuff for defeating the NK ("you'll be ready for him"). And if Bran can warg an undead Vyserian, well, then, what about all the other undead? Just something to wonder about.

I'm okay with Jon / Dany bringing the pretty, after all Fire + Ice, right? I leave room for doubt over end game, primarily because of the former title, "A Time for Wolves." Wolves, not dragons. And btw, according to the GoT Wiki, Arya's age is expected to be around 17 for Season 7. Arya/Jon? I'll say that's 25% me shipping, 75% me shipping because there's so much else that points to it.

Although, believe it or not, I can almost see Arya/Jamie. They could be deadly together, and if Jamie is willing to clean his slate with Bran, it would be a good political marriage for the Starks to marry Arya off to either of the Lannister boys, knowing how easily she could kill them in their sleep.  Love the Jamie/Brienne, but I'm not convinced that will ever be more than an emotional affair.

I'm happy about the leaks, overall. If the books were out, we'd have read them already.

*twirls* Jaime/Brienne *twirls*

Made my day.

I know they're going to rip my heart out at some point.

I always imagined that Bran would warg a dragon ("you will not walk but you will fly" = all but confirmation imo) allowing non-Targ Tyrion to ride it. Tyrion did design a saddle to allow Bran to ride a horse, it would be a nice mirror effect.

• Love 1

Sophie and Maisie are both in Belfast again (neither has been sighted anywhere recently, that I've seen so it's possible they've been there a while).

For people speculating as to whether the spoilers about Winterfell are true, if nothing else, I believe that for four of the five times we know Sophie was in Belfast, Maisie was there too, so they certainly could be filming together (Maisie was also in town for some times in September when Sophie wasn't there).

James Hibberd's half-assed attempt to try to make people doubt the filming spoilers we've seen aside, it's a slight possibility that for something like the Italica filming they might actually fly in a "surprise" actor for a day or so just to try to muddy the water.  We should keep that in mind, while discounting it in respect to things they've already filmed.

Of course, if they can't keep the actual Italica filming hidden, it's pointless anyway.

Cersei pregnant?  Oh barf.  I don't see the point of that.  After all of the crap Cersei has pulled including blowing up the sept (yeah it got rid of the Sparrows but there were a lot of innocent people killed too), and three of his children already dead, Tommen because of her, and he doesn't mind making another one with her?  Seriously?  And she has a convenient miscarriage?  That's bad fanfic written by 12-year-olds right there.  I didn't think D&D could muck up anything worse than Dorne, but here it is.  Ugh.  

On 26/10/2016 at 9:30 AM, anamika said:

Jon/Dany is different compared to Jon/Sansa though. Jon and Sansa grew up together as half-siblings whereas Jon and Dany are total strangers connected by blood.

It's funny that the opposite happens in the infamous original outline. Jon and Arya are horrified that they are falling in love in that way and R+L=J was supposed to be a solution to the 'passion that torments them' because it's all okay if they are cousins. In the current scenario it would be Jon and Dany falling in love first and later R+L=J throws a spanner in the works.

I agree. The fact that Jon/Dany will fall in love first and then find out about R+L=J is something I've always been convinced could happen and, apparently, that's the route their storyline is taking. It's also the only way for them to stay together besides being aunt/nephew, imho, and to be a more "accettable" couple for the audience than Jon/Sansa (or Cersei/Jamie). Whether they'll both be alive till the end, that's a completely different issue.

2 hours ago, GreyBunny said:

Cersei pregnant?  Oh barf.  I don't see the point of that.  After all of the crap Cersei has pulled including blowing up the sept (yeah it got rid of the Sparrows but there were a lot of innocent people killed too), and three of his children already dead, Tommen because of her, and he doesn't mind making another one with her?  Seriously?  And she has a convenient miscarriage?  That's bad fanfic written by 12-year-olds right there.  I didn't think D&D could muck up anything worse than Dorne, but here it is.  Ugh.  

I have the feeling the only reasoning behind Cersei's pregnancy is to justify why Jamie stays loyal by her side even after what happened in KL. By the way, I guess she got pregnant last time she and Jamie had sex... I don't think they will have sexy times after Tommen's death.

Filming today includes Dany, Tyrion, Varys, Grey Worm, and Missandei. Looks like we're down to just Team Dany. Could it be Dany's arrival at Dragonstone? Filming should be wrapping up soon at Zumaia and moving on to Seville.

Someone spotted Alfie Allen at Belfast Airport (apparently he was talking a lot of shit...?).

• Love 1

People are already complaining about certain points of the plots in case the leaks are true. I also do not like some of them but I will talk about some storylines that, I think, people incorrectly criticizes:

Dany does not believe Jon's story about the WW and she is a magic being herself!
It is a matter of context. Example:

-Case 1
Jon: There is unicorns in the North!
Dany: Yay! Awesome!

-Case 2
Jon: There is unicorns in the North. You need to stop whatever you are doing and send your troops there to protect them!
Dany: Yay! Aweso....wait a minute!

It is not that she does not believe it is possible. She surely does in the back of her mind. But she does not want to believe it is true because it implies she needs to do something she does not want. She surely thinks " I start my invasion and this guy tells me a story  about the so called WW and precisely they are invading Westeros now too? what a coincidence! How convenient! No way!"
That, my friends, is what we call human nature. Sometimes we do not want to believe stuff because it implies some action related to it.

Dany having hard time defeating the Lannister? no way!

Here the key word is Tarly.
Yes, last season some people complained about the Tarly dinner scene as useless or boring. But this scene served many ways:
-Character development for Sam' lil family.
-Give us info about Lord Tarly.

We now know not only about the terrible father he is. We know also he really really hates the Free Folk. His prejudice is huge. And we know prejudice taints everything sometimes. Even the most important decisions. Well, here it comes Dany and her horde of "Wildings from Essos". Surely, inside Tarly mind he is screaming : No way!. And if he finds within the first episodes that Jon, the Wilding King in the North want to ally the Wilding Queen of Essos, then I can imagine this racist man and any other Westerosi lord or general  thinking the same (and I suspect there are a lot of them) deciding to abandon the Tyrells ( they are already very weak now) and any attempt to work with Dany. Maybe they think if they defeat Dany first, they can later face a weak Cercei.

I think we should not forget this Tarly factor in the equation and how many allies Lord Tarly can persuade to his cause.
And the importance of the Tarly factor does not end there. But more of it later.

Wight kidnapping mission? What??

Think a second about this hypothetical case: you need to do some work and have it ready Tuesday. Ok. But it is Friday and you are still sleeping in your comfy bed. And nope, it is not the week before Friday . It is the same week Friday! it means you are already 3 days late and you are doing nothing yet! That late you are.

Now lets think about other case: you and your team will face another team. Ok. But the other team has 100 guys and you have only 15. And your people are fighting each other. And every member you lose the other team will add! Things look really really bad....

Well, that is precisely Planetos problem right now. They are terribly late to be ready to face the WW invasion. And they also are terribly outnumbered too. In other words, Planetos cannot lose a single minute more on other matters than does not include mostly getting ready for the apocalypse. And people cannot lose a single human being more in the Dany conquest war. No one. At all. Things right now are already in such bad shape than the only option is stop the war and work quickly together to face the WW.

The only option is to convince everyone (and I mean everyone) than nobody will survive the long night. Not the rich, not the poor, the lords, the soldiers, the farmers, or the queens. Nobody will be able to survive if they do not work together.

And here comes the Tarly factor again: another thing we found about him is that he thinks the White Walkers are just a Wilding superstition and nothing else. How many of the other small leaders think the same? i suspect than many of them. Their prejudice and ignorance will make very hard to work together.

Maybe, just maybe if they bring a live proof ( undead proof?) to show them, it is possible they will believe that something must be done and quickly.

And if it means they need to go on a very risky mission to get a wight, so be it. It seems, at least, the only option they have.

This is also an element that shows the Jon we need. The only guy who actually sees beyond the trees and looks at the forest. Even if it means he needs to bend the knee.

Edited by OhOkayWhat
  • Love 4

I agree on Dany needing to be convinced about the WW (which she could believe to be fairytales too - dragons were there until 100-150 years ago, WW's are mythical) and on Tarly possibly being one of a number of important lords defecting from the Tyrells, but the problem I have with bringing a wight is that all the Night King/WWs have to do is stop animating it after Jon takes it and brings it anywhere near KL. The latter is a potential problem.

Why do we think the WW have to constantly animate the wights? I haven't seen anything in books 1-5 that explains the corpse animation and functioning process definitively.  We are learning as we go.  The hand Thorne took to KL rotted; it's true, but it continued to move, even so.  IIRC, the bones were still moving, but Thorne didn't think they were very convincing enough.

So far, I think that once someone has been re-animated, they will remain a wight until destroyed by fire.  The WW appear to have the ability to command the wights to do their bidding, but the books strongly imply that the wights retain some of their memories and appear to hold grudges.  Maybe proximity to the WW helps them to command the wights, but once they are far away, the Walkers can't do anything to control them (so, we get Thorne's wight hand still moving all the way down in KL)

On 10/27/2016 at 2:51 PM, Happy Harpy said:

*twirls* Jaime/Brienne *twirls*

Made my day.

I know they're going to rip my heart out at some point.

Our hearts will break this season.  By the time Jaime and Brienne reunite, he'll most likely know Cersei is pregnant and will choose the baby (not Cersei) over Brienne.  

d6a54ece53bfe55533748a54ba277b02.jpg

I just watched Celeste & Jesse Forever the other night and it was the same type of ending that I predict for Jaime and Brienne.

Sad and I'll use a Costco size box of kleenex, but it needs to happen so we can end the series with this:

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by CofCinci

The wights that were sent to kill Mormont in book 1 were brought into castle Black because they were believed to be dead  - and not animated. IIRC it was the same in the show.

So, at least the Wights can "play death" or not be animated for a while.

Moreover, Qyburn can animate the death, too, and nobody in KL seemed to really blink about that one.

21 hours ago, Wouter said:

The wights that were sent to kill Mormont in book 1 were brought into castle Black because they were believed to be dead  - and not animated. IIRC it was the same in the show.

I think if they are fully re-animated, they will not stop trying to kill humans. If we talk about the case of those wights in the first season, I suspect they were not wights yet. Surely their corpses were already influenced by magic, but maybe they were in process to become wights, but their transformation was not complete yet. In other words, they were not fully re-animated until later that night.

I have two theories:

1) Maybe the dragons are magic beings themselves. If their magic meets WW magic, then two things can happen:

a) The fusion of both magic powers. Maybe that is the reason the Night King is able to break the Wall if the leaks are the real thing.

b)The proximity of the dragon cut the WW signal towards the wight, therefore making it impossible to give the wight new commands.

2) The second theory is that the wights share the same nature than the WW, and at some core level, they are very similar. Both, WW and Wights cannot stop their Prime Directive: destroy the Humankind. Therefore the control over the Wights is relative once fully reanimated, the Night King can control more or less the attack, he can guide it, but he cannot stop them completely.

Maybe it is a mix of both theories, maybe the distance and weather have influence too. In any case, i think this part of the plot is not a narrative problem, it makes it more interesting.

Edited by OhOkayWhat

Some more info from L7R:

1. Cave scene was with Dany, Grey Worm, Varys, Tyrion and Missandei and was from 7x01.

2. Jorah's arrival at Dragonstone was filmed.

3. A local newspaper has a photo of prep for the Caceres ambush scene, specifically of one of the wagons to be used. You can also see a lot of hay, crates and hampers in the shot.

4. Seville filming starts on Tuesday, although it's not known whether it will start with Italica or with Las Atarazanas (the royal shipyards). Filming at the Castillo de Almodovar del Rio starts later.

Lastly, and perhaps most interestingly, L7R reports that the scene of a character falling into the water is not from GOT but from another project filming in the area (Star Crossed). This will undoubtedly fuel speculation about the truth of the leaks, since the leaker's information contained a scene with Theon jumping overboard.

Apparently, Joe Dempsie is leaving Bilbao and is going to a fan conference in Brazil.

18 hours ago, penelope79 said:

I agree. The fact that Jon/Dany will fall in love first and then find out about R+L=J is something I've always been convinced could happen and, apparently, that's the route their storyline is taking. It's also the only way for them to stay together besides being aunt/nephew, imho, and to be a more "accettable" couple for the audience than Jon/Sansa (or Cersei/Jamie). Whether they'll both be alive till the end, that's a completely different issue.

Part of me thinks that the only reason Jon and Dany would have sex would be so, when Jon dies in Season 8, Dany is carrying a little Starkling to continue the family line.

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, Brn2bwild said:

Part of me thinks that the only reason Jon and Dany would have sex would be so, when Jon dies in Season 8, Dany is carrying a little Starkling to continue the family line.

This sounds like bad fanfic, everything I'm hearing about the show sounds like bad fanfic. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Jazzy24 said:

This sounds like bad fanfic, everything I'm hearing about the show sounds like bad fanfic. 

This is the show that turned Ellaria into a one-dimensional villain and shredded 95% of Doran's character.

• Love 1
On 26/10/2016 at 3:03 PM, Eyes High said:

Jon agrees to renounce his KITN title in exchange for Dany's assistance against the WW.

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but I'm delurking just for this. Why Dany would demand that Jon renounces his KITN tittle?

16 minutes ago, AndreaMarcy said:

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but I'm delurking just for this. Why Dany would demand that Jon renounces his KITN tittle?

Cause she wants to be the only King/Queen ruling Westeros. 

I was going to post this in the media thread, but, since all the cast that is present could constitute a spoiler, I'm posting it here.  The cast eating together at the restaurant of Spanish chef Martín Berasategui (who has been awarded 7 Michellin stars over the years)

3 hours ago, Eyes High said:

No, those photos were taken in Manchester (scroll down to comments on picture). Neither has been spotted in Belfast recently to the best of my knowledge.

Yeah, subsequent to my posting that it was clarified that it was elsewhere (apparently they're touring the Midlands, since they've been photographed in Manchester and Leicester).

Actually, it doesn't seem like there's been much word of anything happening in Northern Ireland in the past several days, perhaps because the various directors have been busy in Spain (though I don't think Alan Taylor was seen anywhere).

38 minutes ago, SeanC said:

Yeah, subsequent to my posting that it was clarified that it was elsewhere (apparently they're touring the Midlands, since they've been photographed in Manchester and Leicester).

Actually, it doesn't seem like there's been much word of anything happening in Northern Ireland in the past several days, perhaps because the various directors have been busy in Spain (though I don't think Alan Taylor was seen anywhere).

Podeswa, Shakman and Mylod have all been filming in the Basque region at various points (Shakman in particular has been very busy). If Dragonstone isn't a point of focus in 7x06 and 7x06 is Taylor's only episode, it's not surprising that Taylor would be absent.

The only Northern Ireland stuff over the past few days that I saw was the snowy scene with a few characters on horseback filmed in the Mournes. Other than that, NI has been a big blank lately.

Euron/Theon scene filming in Zumaia today. I guess Alfie Allen went to Belfast and back in pretty short order.

It's not surprising that Sophie and Maisie would have a break if all the action is in Spain at the moment. Season 7 filming is scheduled to take about as long as Season 6 filming (six months, albeit September-February as opposed to July-December) but resulting in 30% less content. It makes sense that they would have extended breaks during this period where not much was being filmed. I also expect Sophie and Maisie to sit out the Iceland filming.

The bulk of the spoiler discussion to date has been dominated by the Team Stark photo leaks set at Winterfell (one assumes) and all the new Dragonstone filming, so to take another tack, have we seen much/anything of NCW yet?  Nothing springs to mind.

Returning to the subject of the veracity of the leaks, Jon and Davos riding off with Gendry and Jorah is an interesting case.  The whole wight-hunting expedition seemed like one of the most out-there aspects of the narrative, but there's clearly some kind of mission, as I'm uncertain why else Jorah would go back with Jon (Gendry, sure, I expect would go with Jon to see Arya again, if nothing else).

Edited by SeanC
9 minutes ago, SeanC said:

The bulk of the spoiler discussion to date has been dominated by the Team Stark photo leaks set at Winterfell (one assumes) and all the new Dragonstone filming, so to take another tack, have we seen much/anything of NCW yet?  Nothing springs to mind.

The last thing I remember hearing about NCW was back in June or July (before filming) he was spotted in Iceland and it had people speculating he might go North, but it doesn't sound like he'll leave Cersei until the end of season 7 (if the spoilers are to be believed) and there won't be enough time for him to end up in the north this coming season. Also, I can't imagine why he would show up in Iceland so long before filming.

30 minutes ago, amandawoods said:

Pictures were posted on reddit.  It looks like Theon is fighting one on one with an Iron Born or maybe Euron?  It's hard to tell. 

Looks like one of the guys who arrives with Theon at Dragonstone (he was near the front of the boat, beard, long robes).

Jeremy Podeswa is handling the filming of the Theon scene, so this is either 701 or 707.  This would be the scene where Theon loses the respect of the Ironborn, per the leaks, so there's another instance where the guy clearly knew something about the Spanish filming.

Onward to Italica, where the cast sightings are sure to be interesting.