Type keyword(s) to search

Death In Paradise - General Discussion

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, WildPlum said:

What I had to do was click on the Christmas special, have it start playing and then hit the "back" button to show me seasons and episodes, then I could click on Season 12 and get the first 2 episodes. Just searching for Season 12 didn't work,

Sometimes the closed captioning quits on me (I use Roku for streaming) and I have to reboot the system for it to come back.

I loved that the last episode focused on Naomi. Shantol Jackson is really coming into her own on this show. Plus, she is drop dead gorgeous! She looks stunning in every single frame!

I'm really enjoying the team this season. Feels like they've really gelled.

• Like 3

I also had a problem accessing the new episodes in Season 12.  I had to resort to what WildPlum did to make the episodes appear on my screen.  I first searched for Season 12, but only the icon for the Christmas episode showed up.  When I hit the "back" button, Season 12 popped up.

• Like 1

My Amazon home page used to place the shows that had new episodes on my homepage so I knew to watch. It hasn't been doing that for DIP so I'd have had no idea it was back unless it was for you guys.

I'll watch tomorrow, since I'm actively avoiding the SuperBowl, so this will be a fun distraction (although I should be watching or at least care since I live in Philly, but I just don't care at all! But with that said go EAGLES!)

• Applause 1

I was not a fan of the last episode. Gonna spoiler bar for it.

Spoiler

Neville is not usually so emotional and he NEVER goes off and interviews people on his own, but somehow he does this time? Twice? I'm really hoping this was just a set up somehow. Maybe Sophie is the villian and they are tricking her? I don't know, the whole thing was weird and contrived and out of character.

• Like 1

Continuing the season on BritBox

I was surprised by how much Selwyn's storyline with his daughter, Andrina, moved me. Good work from both actors.

Loved the cliffhanger at the end of episode 6. Inspector-is-now-the-accused is an old trope, but I'm curious to see the dynamics it throws up for this set of characters.

Edited by Gillian Rosh
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Wasn't particularly taken with the last couple episodes this season and I particularly don't like the "we have presented this person a certain way for several episodes/seasons and now we would like you to believe they are the complete opposite"

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I really enjoyed the murder storyline on the last episode but the season long arc was not one I enjoyed. It was just not good to me. I'm glad it's over and I really hope Neville is really staying!

• Like 6

I was watching the new (2nd) season of Madame Blanc Mysteries on Acorn. In episode 3, a familiar face showed up. Catherine!!  Elizabeth Bourgine has a small, but significant, role as an estate lawyer. It was weird seeing her in a business suit.

I just wish Catherine would stop meddling in Neville's potential love life.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
On 3/22/2023 at 10:05 PM, Prevailing Wind said:

I was watching the new (2nd) season of Madame Blanc Mysteries on Acorn. In episode 3, a familiar face showed up. Catherine!!  Elizabeth Bourgine has a small, but significant, role as an estate lawyer. It was weird seeing her in a business suit.

I just wish Catherine would stop meddling in Neville's potential love life.

Yes, it took me awhile to figure out who she was even though she looked familiar. 

• Like 2
51 minutes ago, kaygeeret said:

anyone know when PBS will get new episodes?

I am REALLY sick of the reruns

This show isn't on the national PBS channels. It's really up to your local PBS station.  For instance, my parents usually get the new episodes around now.  My local station airs them in the summer.  

It takes a long time for my local PBS to get new episodes.  However, the reruns are still better than other options out there.  I am currently watching the DI Mooney episodes again and what I really like about his character is that he embraces his new life even though he's a bit quirky.  AND he doesn't get "love struck" about his DS like two other DIs do which totally ruins my enjoyment as it's so cringe and wrong IMO.  This may not be a popular opinion, but I find that the Katherine character during Neville's tenure should have just been written out.  It's as if they don't know how to keep including her so instead they had her push Neville into romantic relationships that should have been left alone.

Anyway, I do enjoy the Mooney episodes and his efforts to really experience everything he could.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
11 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

It takes a long time for my local PBS to get new episodes.  However, the reruns are still better than other options out there.  I am currently watching the DI Mooney episodes again and what I really like about his character is that he embraces his new life even though he's a bit quirky.  AND he doesn't get "love struck" about his DS like two other DIs do which totally ruins my enjoyment as it's so cringe and wrong IMO.  This may not be a popular opinion, but I find that the Katherine character during Neville's tenure should have just been written out.  It's as if they don't know how to keep including her so instead they had her push Neville into romantic relationships that should have been left alone.

Anyway, I do enjoy the Mooney episodes and his efforts to really experience everything he could.

Mooney is my husband's favorite. He says he reminds him of Columbo. 

We are getting the new episodes where I am at, so I'm pretty happy. So far so good. I really do like Darlene and Marlon has stepped into the "Dwayne" role. I don't care of Neville's romance but I have read spoilers. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

Yes, I think this is it!  He is always respectful and always has one more question...

And he did the best at acclimating to Saint Marie.  He was even the ladies bingo caller !

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 3

I’m watching my favorite episodes while crafting and I have the Heritage society 1. I like the ending , but it would have been funny to me if the former President had killed Frances.  It would be Mr Collins killing Mr Wickham from the only version of Pride and Prejudice I accept until they make a muppet version 

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

I think the PBS stations here in the U.S. have to wait until they are shown in England, which is usually in January/February (I also watch Father Brown).  Once they complete their run in the UK, they usually show up on 2 of my local PBS stations around April/May.  That's been the pattern for the past several years.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
On 5/2/2023 at 8:29 PM, dariafan said:

Dwayne was Cat in Red dwarf.   My brain can not handle this 

I know!!!

And from down here in the shallow end of the pool, he's still so cute😎

• Wink 2
  • LOL 1
On 6/17/2023 at 2:42 PM, Linda956 said:

I think the PBS stations here in the U.S. have to wait until they are shown in England, which is usually in January/February (I also watch Father Brown).  Once they complete their run in the UK, they usually show up on 2 of my local PBS stations around April/May.  That's been the pattern for the past several years.

I watch from WTVS in Detroit. The Christmas special just aired and the new season begins July 8. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

I'm in the Houston area, and we just finished Season 8.  It was a fun season even though the overarching mystery was very predictable.  I'm curious about the future for this show. I kind of expected them to hit at Nevill's departure, but they didn't.  I haven't seen any spoilers for that. I guess I need to look into it.

I still prefer the DI Mooney years as he had so much joy while living in the Caribbean and seemed to enjoy working with the officers.  Outside of Poole, Mooney has been my favorite-especially as there was never a hint of falling in 'love' with one of his team.  Both Humphries and Neville lost me over that issue.

• Like 8
  • Fire 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I still prefer the DI Mooney years as he had so much joy while living in the Caribbean and seemed to enjoy working with the officers.  Outside of Poole, Mooney has been my favorite-especially as there was never a hint of falling in 'love' with one of his team.  Both Humphries and Neville lost me over that issue.

I loved DI Mooney. I think I rewatch his episodes the most. Poole was so obnoxious that I never really warmed to him.

• Like 3
9 hours ago, Door County Cherry said:

I'm more Poole, Neville, Mooney, subs, future DIs, the lizard and Goodman.  (Very much not a fan of Goodman.) 

Oh! I forgot Harry and the Commissioner.  They'd both come in after Parker in my list.

• LOL 1
13 hours ago, wanderingstar said:

I loved DI Mooney. I think I rewatch his episodes the most. Poole was so obnoxious that I never really warmed to him.

I know life would be boring if everyone had the same likes/dislikes but Mooney's interminable stories just make him last on my list even though I do appreciate his 'fatherly' relationships with Florence and Ruby. I actually miss Ruby even though when she was introduced I didn't like her at all, but she was different from the others and that's saying something in a show that's been on for so long. I also started out hating Neville but quite like him now and I have always enjoyed Goodman. My list would probably be Poole, Goodman, Parker and Mooney. Though Parker might move up and Goodman down just a bit.

• Like 1