Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E05: Thanksgiving

• Start Topic

(edited)

I am ridiculously excited about Jonah running for Congress, if only because I know his uncle is setting him up as someone "willing to sacrifice his name and reputation."

I kept wondering why they didn't have Selina give a statement outdoors so she could wear sunglasses to hide her eyes and then they finally did it at the end of the episode!

I totally laughed my ass off when Sue said she was married and everyone in the room stopped and was like whaaaaat?!

Where did Mike put the turkeys while he was doing it with Wendy? I know the real question I should be asking is why they got a hotel room for the turkeys in the first place.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 4

Jonah running for Congress with Splett as his manager is just gold.  Those two actors have great chemistry.  I can imagine Jonah being successful despite his uncle's puppet plans.

Just like Bighead on Silicon Valley, I can see Jonah failing his way to fame and fortune and then maybe losing it all.

• Love 3

Yeah - ever since Selena became president, I've been wondering where they could go with this, given the fact that the show is called "Veep" not "POTUS." I kind of figure she's going to wind up being Veep again. I wonder if there's an end-game for this story and how far away it is, because Congress will have to decide before the inauguration in a couple of months. 

• Love 2

First LOL moments for me since the season began.  About time.  :)

Did they think we really needed the matching tea server scene for us to get the obvious parallels between Dan's new role and Gary's job?

It was also obvious that Uncle Jeff was going to put Jonah forth as the candidate.

Where was Amy's outrage at her father's assumption that Dan slept with her?

Loved every scene with Doyle. 

• Love 2

Plus, it was a nice, funny image.

I was surprised at how good Doyle was with the media.

I thought it was strange that Selina would decide to have her eyes done now. Actually, I can't believe that any President would have any kind of vanity surgery during his/her term(s).

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, cattykit said:

Where was Amy's outrage at her father's assumption that Dan slept with her?

I guess he was right - going back to before the show, when Dan and Amy briefly dated.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I totally laughed my ass off when Sue said she was married and everyone in the room stopped and was like whaaaaat?!

Not only that, didn't she say there were like 300 guests and none of them were from work? She was sending a message right there. They all assume she has no life other than being the president's secretary.

• Love 5

I thought it was strange that Selina would decide to have her eyes done now. Actually, I can't believe that any President would have any kind of vanity surgery during his/her term(s).

Well, it is Selena after all. I've wondered at times what it is she likes about being president. I don't necessarily get the "I'm in charge" power vibe from her, and I don't sense that she's really tied to a certain cause/greater good. It feels like it's more about the awesome perks she gets and being the most popular girl around - kind of juvenile/high schoolish. So in that vein, I can totally buy off on her having vanity surgery. And really, how better to have it than wearing a surgical gown that has its own presidential seal?!

• Love 4

When Ben was making fun of Dan's panic attack, Kent's abrupt "well done" off camera killed the scene. Same thing with Ben's "hmm" after "solid 8, even 7 after kids."

17 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I'm crushed that there will be no more Kent/Sue though.

I think I liked this because I like Ben and Kent the most and there was a lot of them this time. 

I really hope Jonah turns out to be a good politician.

Did anyone watch the bonus scenes with Ben, and the other with Richard?

(edited)
14 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Not only that, didn't she say there were like 300 guests and none of them were from work? She was sending a message right there. They all assume she has no life other than being the president's secretary.

This is such a good point.  I like that to Sue this is job, nothing more or less.  Also, she knows Selina (who in fairness, is probably busy as president) would never come anyway.  If you invite one person from work, you pretty much have to invite everybody or risk political ramifications.

It's is also nice to think that Sue, who can come off a bit like a robotic weirdo at work, has a large circle of friends and family.

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 4

She said there were 250 guests at her wedding so she is definitely not like some of the other characters on this show who are so consumed by their jobs that the only people they know are other White House/Selina staffers. Then again, Sue gets to work more regular hours and doesn't travel as much as the rest of Selina's team so she has more opportunity to have a life. 

• Love 3

I watch on hbogo and the bonus scenes are run right after the show. It's usually a character going through different lines. Ben and Richard were particularly funny this week.

I don't remember Dan having any kind of nervous breakdown - when did that happen? I know they used him as a scapegoat for some kind of scandal and I can't even remember what that was, but I remember it's what cost him his job at the White House. Did he have some kind of breakdown I'm forgetting about?

5 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I don't remember Dan having any kind of nervous breakdown - when did that happen? I know they used him as a scapegoat for some kind of scandal and I can't even remember what that was, but I remember it's what cost him his job at the White House. Did he have some kind of breakdown I'm forgetting about?

In Season 3 when Dan was Selina's campaign manager he basically presided over a series of fuck ups culminating in his hospitalisation when they were in London. I think employing Ray (Chris Meloni's character) and his behaviour was the catalyst.

How many times did they have to film, "Oh, please.  He wishes," because JLD couldn't suppress her laughter?

I would love to see the blooper reel of the two of them trying to get thru a show.

It seems to me that this season is a lot funnier than last.  I have been LMAO and texting my sister to stop everything and watch VEEP.