Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E22: Lost in the Flood

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Password said:

I wish I knew what happened in the scene between Felicity and Curtis in episode 18. He seemed very in the loop about their relationship and I would've liked to hear what Felicity said.

Yeah, I want to know about how much Curtis knows too. Does he know about the kid and even more importantly about the lying or does he believe that Felicity left Oliver because of his GA activities? On the one hand, it would make a better paralel to Donna leaving Noah because of his illegal doings. On the other, Curtis has known about Felicity working with GA for six months or more now and he knows Oliver and Felicity were a functioning couple for most of that time. The comparison doesn't work for me. Not just from my POV, but I don't see how Curtis is connecting the dots either. Felt more like we're near the end of the season, O and F have almost no scenes together, so we need a mention of them at least.

• Love 3

tumblr_o7eibpss7F1tjk4tmo1_500.gif

tumblr_o7eibpss7F1tjk4tmo2_500.gif

tumblr_o7eibpss7F1tjk4tmo3_500.gif

tumblr_o7eibpss7F1tjk4tmo4_500.gif

One, that thank you, Jesus arm movement kills me with giggles. Two, Donna and Curtis totally text, don't they? I bet she was informed about the "bad burrito" and ran off to buy a burrito onesie.

il_340x270.531206987_h8yp.jpg

• Love 20
(edited)

As much as the scene about the potential baby was hysterical and CuH & DS owned it - it did make me question does DS not really know a lot about the break-up? Because that was a major leap and a little too much excitement for DS to have knowing what a world of hurt FS was in post break-up to assume that she could be pregnant with her ex-fiance's child, and that DS should be over the moon about it.

I get wanting grandkids, it just seemed off for this episode. It also contributes to my underlying theory that the actors, directors and now apparently the writers need a reminder that O/F are not together anymore. Perhaps they can post a Post-it note somewhere.

Edited by kismet
  • Love 5

My personal headcanon is that Donna knows precious little about the break up. The bee episode implied that Felicity wasn't letting her in. So I can see her petitioning for a reunion since Oliver moved out and now thinking she just succeeded.

• Love 9

The mayor curse continues!  Fare thee well, Ruve!  Couldn't happen to a nicer person.  And it was all thanks to Lonny/Anarky.  Who also pretty much destroyed Genesis, so really, he's somehow become the hero Star City needed.  Well, he still has some ways to go, since he did kill Alex for no real good reason.  But once again, he somehow busts out the most impressive fighting skills ever.  Holds his own against Oliver, Thea, AND Diggle?! Seriously, why didn't the LOA ever recruit him back in the day?  This kid is unstoppable!  Hell, Rip from Legends of Tomorrow should have invite him along, and Savage would probably have been defeated by episode one!

Loved all the stuff with Felicity, Noah, Donna, and Curtis.  A lot of laugh out loud moments, and some good dramatic moments too.  Glad to see Noah and Donna interact with each other, and I thought Tom Amandes and Charlotte Ross worked very well together.  The characters obviously don't like each other and will never like each other, but I could buy that they would have history, and would at one point develop an attraction when they were younger.

On the other hand, the Thea stuff was dull and just a waste of time.  More brainwashing, and it is already resolved by the end of the episode.  Yawn! This show seems to have no idea what to do with Thea.

Fun seeing Connor again, although he'll always be known as "Electric Boogaloo" to me, from here on out.  Thanks, Damien!

Show, I get that John Barrowman is awesome, but I think you really need to accept the fact that Malcolm has become unnecessary, and you just either need to take the character in a completely new direction or just be done with him.

The flashbacks continue to be lame, but I at least was laughing through them.  Super Ryder vs. Super Poppy!  I can't believe someone in the writing room thought that was actually something I would want to see.  Oh, Arrow!

Another day, another season that ends with Star City in trouble.  At least this time there isn't a "it's for your own good!" reason anymore, and it's just because Damien is mad now, so he's literally throwing a nuclear tantrum now.  Obviously, I doubt it will work, but I wonder what his fate will be, and if he'll take anyone down with him.

• Love 7

The problem with this episode was tonal. Having a nuke drop and kill so many people last episode was a big deal but this episode instead chose to go with the witty banter/awesome hacking tone again. It worked last episode. it didn't work this episode. Not that I didn't enjoy it.I  actually enjoyed the episode a lot. But it felt like filler (were they given an extra episode at the last minute?); like it was an episode between the first part and the conclusion that they wedged in.

• Love 12

Wow, that was the most ridiculous hacking match I've ever seen on this show and that's saying something. How did they even see what they were typing with that Digital Sauron screensaver plastered all over every screen?

At least the General Chang quotes were on point...

I don't like how Damien's wife got taken out so cheaply.  The Big Bad's Dragon shouldn't be dispatched without a fight.

Also, I have a feeling the a lot of those Ark people didn't make it out.  Just a hunch.

Also, Hive ripped off Fallout 4's Institute for their grand scheme and shtick with a seemingly perfect underground society and the upper world being killed off.  Shame, Damien Darhk!  Shame!

But, once again, Felicity's mother steals the show.  The woman needs her own spin-off.

(edited)

I can't say I loved the episode, but I didn't dislike it either. I just liked the two before better.

As much as it was kinda boring seeing Oliver saving Thea again, I can't say I blame him. He didn't know she wasn't in danger, since he had just received a text saying that she was being held by HIVE. And he didn't know she was in the Dome. He didn't even know about the Dome until he was there. So I get it.

The flashbacks were hilarious. I can't tell if the show is doing it on purpose. 

8 hours ago, calliope1975 said:

Anarchy can stay. Except for that "Mommy" crap - stop that.  

I am totally Team Anarky. And I actually don't mind the "Mommy" thing, it's even creepier. :)

8 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

I mean, as long as they don't try to date, it works for me!

You know, I wouldn't even be opposed to that, haha.

3 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

Or maybe Tevat Noah is Hebrew for Ark of Noah, lol.   

It is. Or at least Matt Mitovich said so in his recap for 421. :)

2 hours ago, bijoux said:

Yeah, I want to know about how much Curtis knows too. Does he know about the kid and even more importantly about the lying or does he believe that Felicity left Oliver because of his GA activities? On the one hand, it would make a better paralel to Donna leaving Noah because of his illegal doings. On the other, Curtis has known about Felicity working with GA for six months or more now and he knows Oliver and Felicity were a functioning couple for most of that time. The comparison doesn't work for me. Not just from my POV, but I don't see how Curtis is connecting the dots either. Felt more like we're near the end of the season, O and F have almost no scenes together, so we need a mention of them at least.

I don't think they are making a parallel between Noah and Oliver in terms of their respective activities - afterall, Noah is a criminal, while Oliver is a hero, which we know Felicity knows and approve of, and has been helping for the past three years. I think the parallel/contrast is in terms of their behavior. Even when Noah appeared in 413, Felicity repeated  the spiel that people don't change. Now, Curtis is pointing out to her that she will just assume that people don't change: her mother believed and believes it with regards to Noah - and so does Felicity; she accepted her mother's reasoning for taking her away from her dad as sound - just as Felicity believes it when it comes to Oliver and his tendency to lie. I think it has a lot to do with Felicity interiorizing this "truth" that people can't change in light of her experiences, and also maybe not wanting to make some of the mistakes her mother made.

About the people in the dome, I think the reasoning behind saving them was Oliver believing that they just wanted someone to give them hope and that's why they turned to DD - that they are actually good and need saving.

2 hours ago, bijoux said:

tumblr_o7eibpss7F1tjk4tmo2_500.gif

tumblr_o7eibpss7F1tjk4tmo4_500.gif

I agree with people saying the tone was a bit off, after what happened last week. Still, the scenes with Felicity, Donna, Noah and Curtis were awesome. I was giggling. I loved the fight sequences - especially the chase in the suburbs and Oliver jumping the bush and shooting an arrow, but that moment between Donna and Curtis wins the episode. And I love Emily's face in the first gif. :)

Edited by looptab
  • Love 9

You know something is wrong when one of the alleged villains (Anarky) is the one I can root for the most. Killing Ruvé? Hell yeah! Planning to blow up the creepy Stepford biodome (minus Pauly Shore and Stephen Baldwin)? Hell yeah! Wanting to kill Damien? Hell yeah!

But somehow the show wants me to side with Oliver who is risking the safety of the entire world to rescue Thea, STILL refuses to kill Malcolm, and tries to save Ruvé? Nope.

• Love 7

There are two developments I really liked in this episode. One, DD coming for Felicity because of who Felicity is. Back when we were waiting for something to happen to her in 4x09 I hoped it would be because of her involvement with GA or rescuing Ray only for him to come after her because of Oliver. So I feel sort of vindicated here for having her targeted because of her superior skills. Two, Oliver should finally be over Ivy Town and he and Felicity ought to be on the same page regarding this.

Some little things I appreciated are Noah calling Cooper a third rate hacker, I really was waiting for something like that, and Dig snapping with the ark people. It's a nice little beat regarding his emotional state. Which is something I doubt we'll really see explored in the finale much like Felicity's. So until they remember to come back to it next season, I'm grateful for the little I got.

• Love 10

I didn't particularly enjoy this episode because Thea was drugged AGAIN; Oliver, Thea and Dig saved DD's daughter AGAIN. It's hard to be entertained when I know I have already seen those things and they weren't particularly interesting the first time around either.

I liked the Felicity/Noah/Donna/Curtis part of the episode but I really didn't like Donna making the decision to send Noah away because Felicity isn't a child anymore, she has a right to make her own decisions. What she did when she was a child can be understandable, but I don't feel like justifying her for what she did now.

They paralleled what happened with Noah with what happened with Oliver but the problem is Noah didn't make the choice to leave, while Oliver made the choice to lie and Noah proved, despite what he did in the past and being a criminal, that he can be trusted. When did Oliver prove that?

It felt like the episode was a set up for the finale and the ending left me intrigued so we will see.

• Love 2
(edited)

I agree with most about it being an OK episode, but not spectacular.

Things I like that haven't already been discussed:

HIVE being such an enterprise.  I loved the vibe from the HIVE command center, especially toward the beginning of the episode.  There was such a corporate and intelligence base of operations feel to the bustle, and I liked Darhk and Ruve walking through and strategizing like the awesome power couple they are.  For some reason, I love that the Big Bads are a married couple, and that she is as much his partner than she is a minion.  I like that she has been fully on board the crazy train.  Also, the ark was a well-planned enterprise, except for its vulnerability to a stray arrow taking the whole place down.

Oddly, Ruve's death was reminiscent of both Tommy and Laurel's deaths.  It seemed like Anarky jabbed the arrow in her similar to the way that Darhk did when he stabbed Laurel. Also, her scene with Oliver when she's trapped and dying under the debris (complete with rebar) reminded me of Tommy's death--including the promise extracted from Oliver with her dying breath.

HUGS!  I loved how many people Felicity hugged: Noah, Oliver, Donna, and Curtis (I think).  To me, that was the best way that they showed her distress over the Havenrock destruction and everything else.  She just really needed a hug.  I get that.

I liked the contrast of Ruve and her daughter wearing bright clothes as the walked down the streets line with drab-looking people in grey smocks.  Ruve's blood-red coat and her daughter's cheerfully yellow pants were such a delicious contrast and perfect for establishing them as the rulers over it all.

I really like how Oliver compared the ark to Ivy Town.  Many of us suspected he had imbibed the Kool-Aid there, especially considering he seemed to really like those silly neighbors.  Maybe that has finally come up here--Suburbia is Evil!

Things that bugged me:

The set decorations were pretty much okay, except there were empty glass decanters on the hearth in the loft--right in front of the fire!  For some reason, I fixated on that stupid detail every time it was in the frame.  

Lance seemed lost with nothing much to do.  I'm not sure why Felicity and Friends didn't move the hacking party to the bunker.  Noah already knows too much about the Green Arrow enterprise, so it seems like the trade-offs of being in a more secure location and staying within the GA command center would have been worth letting the man who was trying to help save the world be there too, even if he was a criminal.  Malcolm has access, FFS.

Felicity didn't just seem to let Donna off the hook, she seemed completely on board with her sending Noah away again.  I'm sure there are a lot of interesting and complex emotions about that situation that we'll never see, but they made it too easy for Felicity to give up the guy she obviously wanted in her life.

I really like Curtis, but it bugs me that they sometimes make him seem that he's no more than a male version of the S1-S2 Felicity.  He was using her old script when he said awkward things and then realized he had said them out loud.  And, maybe I'm burned out from fan fiction, but I could never hear the word  "frack" again and be perfectly happy.  It was cute the first time Felicity used it ages ago, but having Felicity and Curtis say it in unison is just too much.  If we're going to invest in Curtis as a character, I would prefer that he is his own character.  Felicity was beloved for way more than her verbal gaffes.

This one is incredibly shallow and pretty mean, but Darhk's daughter looked too gawky and awkward.  I think it was her skin-tight braids.  Without really having any lines or really doing anything but being an innocent kid with evil parents, she seemed so shifty.

I can't believe #Poppy is still alive.  Why? WHY? 

ETA: Made minor edits to correct typos.

Edited by EmeraldArcher
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, EmeraldArcher said:

HIVE being such an enterprise.  I loved the vibe from the HIVE command center, especially toward the beginning of the episode.  There was such a corporate and intelligence base of operations feel to the bustle, and I liked Darhk and Ruve walking through and strategizing like the awesome power couple they are.  For some reason, I love that the Big Bads are a married couple, and that she is as much his partner than she is a minion.  I like that she has been fully on board the crazy train.  Also, the ark was a well-planned enterprise, except for its vulnerability to a stray arrow taking the whole place down.

Oddly, Ruve's death was reminiscent of both Tommy and Laurel's deaths.  It seemed like Anarky jabbed the arrow in her similar to the way that Darhk did when he stabbed Laurel. Also, her scene with Oliver when she's trapped and dying under the debris (complete with rebar) reminded me of Tommy's death--including the promise extracted from Oliver with her dying breath.

HUGS!  I loved how many people Felicity hugged: Noah, Oliver, Donna, and Curtis (I think).  To me, that was the best way that they showed her distress over the Havenrock destruction and everything else.  She just really needed a hug.  I get that.

I don't think the ark operation was that impressive. The compound was infiltraetd easily by Oliver, Dig and Anarky. And my number one complaint - they apparently had no night setting! Those people would go even more insane than they were in a matter of weeks what with not getting any natural night time.

I appreciated the arrow. In hindsight I care less about Laurel than I ever have but it felt good to get that retaliation on the part of the entire team. They really should think about having Anarky filling in Malcolm's crazy adjunct helper spot.

Yep, Curtis also hugged Felicity once she came home and he was traumatized from the bickering.

8 hours ago, Xenith22 said:

Except Oliver did not know she was safe. All he knew was that he could not reach her and then Felicity got a text from Thea that simply said she was being held prisoner by HIVE and Merlyn - 911.  (Malcolm arrived before she could provide any more details) I can not exactly fault Oliver for thinking that maybe she was not safe, because although Malcolm would likely not kill her or want to hurt her too bad Darkh is currently like a crazy demigod planning to end the world.  There is no guarantee that he would not kill Thea at anytime and even Malcolm would have been powerless to stop him.  Felicity even essentially urged Oliver of the danger Thea could be in and essentially sent him off on this rescue mission.

Except Felicity is not a young kid anymore.  She is an adult capable of making her own decisions, and she knows full well what Noah is capable of (and if there is something particularly horrendous she does not know then Donna could have told her everything so she could make a more informed decision).  I don't fault Donna for leaving him in the past, but Felicity deserved to be allowed to make her own decision as to whether she wants to pursue any kind of relationship with her father now.

His little sister MAYBE being in danger, vs everyone in the ENTIRE WORLD definitely being in danger. He should learn to prioritize.

I was specifically speaking, as was apparent from what you quoted, about YOUNG Felicity, and Donna keeping a not-good guy away from her young daughter.

A critique of this episode, in the form of the rant:  Why is Malcolm Merlyn STILL alive?!

Actually, there was a lot to like in this episode, but I am choosing to place the blame for my dislikes at the feet of Malcolm Merlyn.  As a villain, he hasn't been truly threatening for over two seasons.  His superpower seems to be turning people dumb so they don't kill him when they the means, motive, and opportunity.  And he's given plot when there are such better villains around. Dahrk is a psycho megalomaniac, and Anarky is a good, old fashioned psychopath, but both were not used to full effect because Malcolm was still hanging around.   In his two post-fire appearances, Anarky through spanners into the works of Dahrk's plans, and I can't help but think of how much better Thea's bloodlust storyline could have been if she had an archnemesis in the form of Anarky, who is both a mirror of her and her opposite, instead of her storyline being co-opted by Oliver and Merlyn again. If Merlyn makes it into season five and we lose both Dahrk (likely) and Anarky (possibly), I'm going to be pissed. I get that Barrowman is delightful, but enough's enough.

I also blame Merlyn for my other problem with this episode--the Smoak family drama.  I actually really liked how it played out, but didn't think it belonged in episode 22 sandwiched between a nuclear attack and the final battle.  The tone was off for me.  The bulk of the conflict should have taken place during the episode when Felicity had Dad arrested (with only residual sniping in this episode) but instead that episode was again dedicated to Malcolm and Oliver battling it out for Thea. I resented Mama Smoak being in this episode.  I don't want to resent her!

I also have to say, that I am starting to get annoyed at Oliver prioritizing Thea over  . . . stopping the apocalypse? One truth bomb I thought Baby Canary dropped that was interesting was the fact that our heroes just left all the people in cages when they escaped Dahrk at Christmas. I feel like the missions in seasons three and four have become very insular--our heroes are always saving each other.  If Thea had been kept in one of Star City's many empty warehouses instead of the pod city, would Oliver have saved those people?  Unlikely.  

That said, things I loved Oliver and Diggle fighting their way through the suburbs in the middle of the day--it came off as almost surreal.  The fights since Laurel died have really been great, and at this point I do think there is a direct correlation--Katie Cassidy was dragging down the fight scenes.  I liked that moment of realization when Oliver saw how Dahrk was giving people a sort of hope.  Darhk's love for his family has been consistent through the season, and seeing him channel that rage after his wife died and his daughter taken was gorgeous to behold--I will really miss Neal McDonough next season.  I loved Anarky, and if anyone is on twitter you should check out Alexander Calvert's tweets from last night--he was having a ball.  

TLDR: Kill Malcolm Merlyn 2K16

• Love 6
7 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

Thea had been missing and out of touch for over a day as a mad man tried to destroy the world.  I think it was the right time to go looking for her, especially when she was showing up still in Star City.   Losing Laurel is too fresh so that's added into the mix, and DD just said he wasn't going to kill them because he wanted them to die in the fallout so it seemed at least for a while, Dahrk wasn't coming after them.  So they went looking for their missing teammate.  They didn't know she wasn't in immediate danger when they broke into the bunker.  Even when they realized it was an Ark, it made sense to try and rescue her. 

DD told them he was going to let them live so they could go ahead and die in nuclear flames. Who was, at that point, the only thing standing bw the world/them and nuclear flames? FELICITY AND HER DAD. Who were then located IN HER HOME. With NO PROTECTION. Those two were, at that point, the most important people in the world. I don't care if Thea was being actively tortured right then...the WORLD matters more than she does, and Oliver and Digg should have been keeping the two hackers standing between the world and TOTAL NUCLEAR ANNIHILATION safe. 

• Love 1

@thegirlsleuth, it's really hard for me to see DD as a family man since once he heard about Ruve biting it and the ark being destroyed, he went straight to torch everything without giving a thought to his kid when she was unprotected. I actually thought she would turn out to be a motivating factor for him and Ruve. Now I suspect that he will be given no motivation at all.

• Love 3

The episode just... I don't know. There were parts I loved and there were parts I didn't. 

Loved:

I loved Curtis, Felicity, and Noah working together. I also liked "oh Frack" moment Curtis and Felicity had. LOL

I loved Anarky. He got more shit done in two episodes than Team Arrow had in an entire season against Darhk.

I really loved Anarky destroyed the town and killed Darhk's annoying wife/Thea's useless boyfriend. Well done, Anarky. 

Loved Team Arrow moments/Olicity hug. 

Loved Diggle fighting more. Go Diggle!

Disliked:

Thea being brainwashed AGAIN!

MM being alive. 

I didn't like that Darhk let Oliver and Diggle go in the first scene of the episode. It felt like another coupout until the season finale.

I disliked that Oliver didn't even have a plan to go do something to that town while rescuing Thea. 

I actually didn't like Mama Smoak and Papa Smoak's mini-fights like not the time guys.

As stated previously, there were parts of the episode I liked and parts of the episode that bored me because of it's repetitiveness. 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, bijoux said:

@thegirlsleuth, it's really hard for me to see DD as a family man since once he heard about Ruve biting it and the ark being destroyed, he went straight to torch everything without giving a thought to his kid when she was unprotected. I actually thought she would turn out to be a motivating factor for him and Ruve. Now I suspect that he will be given no motivation at all.

You are right--I meant to edit that.  I do think that his love for her will play a part in the next episode.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

My one issue with him is his skill level at fighting.  Three of them should be able to smear him into the ground.  I will at least concede the show now expects us to accept that he is a super duper good fighter since it keeps coming up again and again.  I might have to rewatch his origin episode.  Maybe something will point to him being a better fighter than I keep thinkin he should be.  His pride in his mommy is super creepy but I'm kind of eating it up. 

Anyone else upset that DD didn't just kill Cooper for his failure?  For a moment I thought he had so, yeah, I was bummed when he stood up.  I did like that the show has built up a deep enough cast of background characters that they could bring him in and it very much made sense to the story.

Yeah, this is my main problem with Lonnie.  I've started warming up to the character and he threw a good wild card into this final storyline.  But I still can't get over the fact that this boy band-looking reject kicks the shit out of Oliver every time he fights him.  Last night, he manages to get the better of Oliver, Diggle and Thea at the same time while bleeding from an arrow wound in his leg.  Really?  Just how the hell did he get that good?

• Love 3
(edited)

BTW, I want to give major props to Felicity and Curtis for not giving away the Green Arrow's identity in front of Noah.  In this was The Flash, Barry and his enablers would have blabbed it out, as well as The Flash's own secret identity no less than 80 times right in front of Noah.

Edited by benteen
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, wonderwall said:

Idk if you're joking or not :p But if you're not. I think it was just a coincidence!

I'm joking. Not about the Arrowverse's favorite staircase though - that really is making an appearance in tonight's episode of The 100 if that one shot in the promos makes it into the final cut.

• Love 2
(edited)

Some of my fave moments in 422 (including the hug in both video and still shot)...

Incidentally, Jenny Raftery in her Vuture review (posted on page 166 of the Starling City Times thread) wondered if Kovar could be Red Star.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

Something I had forgotten.  This whole thing is Ray's fault.   If he hadn't done research on the power uses of Dwarf Star Alloy, then DD wouldn't have been able to power his dome of doom with it. 

Oh come on that like blaming every inventor in the world for the shit people did with their technology afterwards. And WAY more blame falls on Waller's shoulders that Ray's. Other people were working on Dwarf Star Alloy technology (Stein points that out in Legends) - but only SHE could come up with a way to give one madman control over all the world's nukes. :)

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, nksarmi said:

Oh come on that like blaming every inventor in the world for the shit people did with their technology afterwards. And WAY more blame falls on Waller's shoulders that Ray's.

But blaming Crazy Eyes is about 600% more funny.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, thegirlsleuth said:

You are right--I meant to edit that.  I do think that his love for her will play a part in the next episode.

I hope you're right, although I think it's lame they're waiting with it until the bitter end. It could and should have played at least into this episode as well.

Hey, somebody finally gifed the flying arrow. Yay!

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

But blaming Crazy Eyes is about 600% more funny.

Yea I get it but seriously I just thought about the fact that Darkh has been trying to get his hands on nukes since 1975 (according to Legends). Guess this plan has been a long time in the making. He just had to wait for a control freak like Waller to come along.....

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, nksarmi said:

Yea I get it but seriously I just thought about the fact that Darkh has been trying to get his hands on nukes since 1975 (according to Legends). Guess this plan has been a long time in the making. He just had to wait for a control freak like Waller to come along.....

I get you were taking it seriously, but, you know, jokes! I also blame Barry for the baby mama drama. It's all 100% his damn fault because it's way funnier that way.

• Love 6

Didn't Ray have some dwarf star alloy mine owner sign over his mine to him or whatever? I was hoping we'd find out that Darhk got the stuff from Palmer Tech, with the reveal that what's-his-butt head of the board guy would be revealed as a HIVE member.

NO SUCH LUCK

• Love 7
11 hours ago, AES13 said:

I thought the episode was fun but I had 2 major problems: Malcolm wasn't killed by Thea immediately and the tone felt completely off to me following on the heels of a town being nuked. 

Yes,  absolutely.   I get they wanted to have Thea make that comment that she was pretty damn tired of Merlyn drugging her,  but seriously,  she should have shot that arrow through his skull. 

5 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

The mayor curse continues!  Fare thee well, Ruve!  Couldn't happen to a nicer person.  And it was all thanks to Lonny/Anarky.  Who also pretty much destroyed Genesis, so really, he's somehow become the hero Star City needed.  Well, he still has some ways to go, since he did kill Alex for no real good reason.  

You're listing killing Alex as a negative in the hero category.  Maybe it's because he was drugged and kidnapped Thea.   Or maybe it's just because he was hella boring and I'm glad he was shocked to death.   But Lonnie loses no points for that murder. 

In other news,  Merlyn was right.   Thea does look a hell of lot alike Moira "I'll burn your world to ashes" Queen when she's pissed off. 

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Didn't Ray have some dwarf star alloy mine owner sign over his mine to him or whatever? I was hoping we'd find out that Darhk got the stuff from Palmer Tech, with the reveal that what's-his-butt head of the board guy would be revealed as a HIVE member.

NO SUCH LUCK

There's still one more episode to reveal that Mr. Dennis is a bad guy! 

I did wonder how DD got his hands on the dwarf star material. Are we to assume it had something to do with Ray's capture earlier in the season?

• Love 1

I think quarks should start "Ways Thea fails as a vigilante" section. Obvious ones in this episode: going off/continuing to date guy working for evil people who know you're one of the masked vigilantes. I don't care how nice a guy he is, that is absolutely asking for trouble. Getting brainwashed with like one pill. Wow, that's some impressive strength of will there. Also, failing to play nice with Malcolm and pretend to go along, knowing the alternative was him drugging you into compliance. Are you completely stupid? Okay, you're a Queen/Dearden, so the answer is yes, but JFC you're a terrible hero. You could so easily have used this as an infiltrate/eliminate opportunity, but no, you're too damn stupid to be at all helpful. And just last episode you stopped the guy who was effectively helpfully delaying the END OF THE WORLD by stopping him from blowing up some frigging scrubbers. Oh, and maybe you could have at least pretended to give a shit about everybody outside of the dome who were about to die, including, you know, your BROTHER?

She really needs to be fired as a vigilante. She NEVER saves herself...even Felicity, who is not a physical badass, has saved herself. Thea is worse than useless, bc she constantly gets in trouble and Oliver can't focus on anything but saving her. It's boring as hell to watch for the thousandth time, but also makes her a very dangerous teammate. There's a good reason the US military separates spouses/family members. Oliver loses all focus on the mission when she's in danger, ergo she needs to be removed from a position constantly putting her in danger.

(edited)
7 hours ago, kismet said:

As much as the scene about the potential baby was hysterical and CuH & DS owned it - it did make me question does DS not really know a lot about the break-up? Because that was a major leap and a little too much excitement for DS to have knowing what a world of hurt FS was in post break-up to assume that she could be pregnant with her ex-fiance's child, and that DS should be over the moon about it.

I don't think Donna knows anything. I think it's partly because Felicity keeps her emotions close to her chest but also maybe she didn't want to tell Donna that Oliver has a child because it was a secret and she was respecting that. If she had told her about Oliver lying about William, it would open up a whole world of questions about why he lied in the first place and that veers too close to telling her he's the Green Arrow.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, Angel12d said:

I had to LOL at the family Diggle and Oliver spoke to in the 'ark' because they hadn't been drugged and were like 'the city has gone to shit, that's why we believe the world needs nuking and we can start over.'

WTF. Just move cities, fools. Haha.

Yeah, this was really hack-y. The writers were trying to make it seem like the people under the dome were reasonable for wanting to be there--and to inspire Oliver to provide more hope to the city or whatever--but that falls flat because...they're basically loony-tunes Doomsday cultists complicit in the conspiracy to murder every living thing on the planet. They're not victims of DD, they're criminals. Fine, put the minors in protective custody and do a bunch of psych evals on them, but all the adults need to go to fucking prison.

This episode was hard to evaluate on a quality level because I thought the tone was very off and I was unconvinced by basically every emotional beat, so, hmmm. I really think one squabble between Donna and Noah would have been more than enough, that "you're pregnant!!!!" scene needed to be cut entirely, the Curtis/Felicity "look at the parallels!!!" could also have gone.  It's just typical Arrow, I guess, trying to wrap everything up at the very last moment when it's really not the appropriate time to do it. I would have been fine with any of that in some other episode, but not here, with the stakes at hand.

• Love 15
(edited)
26 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

I did wonder how DD got his hands on the dwarf star material. Are we to assume it had something to do with Ray's capture earlier in the season?

I think he acquired the dwarf star stuff when he was holding Ray captive. He did say he was interested in the suit, and at the end of 406 he said something about getting what he needed, IIRC.

Edited by looptab
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, Carrie Ann said:

I really think one squabble between Donna and Noah would have been more than enough, that "you're pregnant!!!!" scene needed to be cut entirely, the Curtis/Felicity "look at the parallels!!!" could also have gone.  It's just typical Arrow, I guess, trying to wrap everything up at the very last moment when it's really not the appropriate time to do it. I would have been fine with any of that in some other episode, but not here, with the stakes at hand.

Agreed. They were all moments fine in and on themselves, but definitely not for this episode. I appreciated the "you're pregnant" scene though, even in context, if only for the sheer absurdity of the moment. The world is about to end, and Donna is jumping and squealing all over the place, plus Curtis, who is aware of things, jumps on the "Felicity is pregnant" train as well. Priceless.:)

• Love 6

NAME:    Cooper Selden.

From the previouslytv recap,  but um, no,  I'm going to assume 25 year old Felicity Smoak wasn't dating a man more than decade older than her. 

• Love 5
15 hours ago, quarks said:

5. While I'm criticizing Malcolm, I know you are evil and all that, dude, and that Damien Darhk now has superpowers yadda yadda, but the second Damien announced that he was going to destroy everything was the second you should have made some attempt to stop him.

Figure that'll come next week and that Malcolm's last second alliance with Oliver and team will be what convinces them to not kill him.  Again.  Oh and that Malcolm will likely end up in charge of HIVE as well.

3 hours ago, dtissagirl said:

I get you were taking it seriously, but, you know, jokes! I also blame Barry for the baby mama drama. It's all 100% his damn fault because it's way funnier that way.

Ok now that is Barry's fault - he didn't make Oliver lie, but his wrong assumptions sure as hell got the ball rolling down the wrong path...

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Delphi said:

From the previouslytv recap,  but um, no,  I'm going to assume 25 year old Felicity Smoak wasn't dating a man more than decade older than her. 

Why?  Felicity dated Ray who is also at least a decade older than her

3 minutes ago, johntfs said:

I thought Ray was around Oliver's age, so a few years older. Felicity is older than the actress who is playing her and Oliver, Ray younger. Also Cooper and Felicity were in college together, they can't be more than a few years apart.

10 minutes ago, johntfs said:

5 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

I thought Ray was around Oliver's age, so a few years older. Felicity is older than the actress who is playing her and Oliver, Ray younger. Also Cooper and Felicity were in college together, they can't be more than a few years apart.

Exactly.   Cooper was definitely her contemporary.  And 29 year old Nolan Funk does not look to be in his late 30s at all. 

• Love 3

Good riddance to Dragon Lady Ruve.  So thrilled she is gone.  If only the same could be said about Damien Dahrk.  This season better end with his death, because I don't know how much more of him I can take.  In this episode, he added "altering reality" to his already formidable telekinetic powers.  He's now like the comic book version of Scarlet Witch, he can pretty much do whatever he wants.  Too powerful.

My question.... why isn't Oliver asking Flash for help?  Oliver is clearly out of his league.  The idol is the source of Dahrk's powers.  Why not have Flash zip on over, steal the idol, and vibrate and explode it?  Then he could easily zip on back to his own problems.

• Love 1