Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E22: Lost in the Flood

• Start Topic

Really wasn't into this episode,  something just felt off. However, that ending was exciting.  I'm worried about Donna.

Hate, hate, hate the thea brainwashing stuff.  I'm sooooo tired of this show jumping through hoops to keep Merlyn around.  Just kill him already! Oh  and kill flashback chick while you're at it.

Last complaint, I really hate when shows make the villain monologue and do stupid things like NOT kill the heroes when they can 

I did like the Oliver/Diggle fight sequences. Hated the stupid 3 on 1 fight with Anarky

• Love 11

Cix1UwBUgAENG7o.jpg

Oliver and Felicity hug, then Felicity: "Thanks for not being dead." Aaw.

Felicity is in the same situation as the choice Oliver was forced to make with William. Wow.

Really liked Anarky in this episode. Think he could do a nice half redeemed Scooby with the right amount of cray left in him.

DAT END, THO.

• Love 10

So I thought they might parallel the Oliver/William situation to Felicity/Noah but I'm not actually sure how I feel about it now? It's basically leading in to the fact that Felicity will have to have a change in understanding of the situation but what does Oliver do? I mean, the guy still lied and pretty easily, IMO, so I'm not sure I like the idea that Felicity has to be the one to change here. I think there needs to be an equal footing kind of thing going on.

IDK. I feel like I need to re-watch to get a better sense of it.

• Love 8

The scenes in the loft (Felicity/Donna/Noah/Curtis) were by far the best part. The action was awesome too. And the last few minutes was exciting! 

Was this episode amazing? Nope. But it did make me excited for the finale so I call this episode a win. 

• Love 7
(edited)

Every hero except Felicity and Curtis was dumb as beans. Imma go ahead and despise ppl who react to "my city sucks" by being totes cool with murdering EVERYBODY IN THE WORLD. Fuck every single person knowingly in that dome. Also, once again Oliver's obsession with Thea puts everybody, like legit EVERYBODY IN THE WORLD, in danger. And the episode ends with Felicity in major danger bc...shocker...bad dude comes after TOTALLY FUCKING UNPROTECTED PEOPLE WHO JUST FOILED HIS EVIL PLOT AND WERE IN THE MOST OBVIOUS PLACE EVER.

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 20

I wish that Oliver and Diggle had gone down into the dome to destroy it - which is a pretty good strategic decision, since the madman is less likely to destroy the earth if there's no way to repopulate, generally speaking - rather than racing down there to save Thea. So close, show. So far away.

• Love 19

Donna and Noah snipping at each other was so funny. What the heck did Noah do? It can't just be the criminal hacking stuff. I'm so confused and curious. It's all I can think about. Is it a comic book thing?

Really solid episode. Outdoor fight scenes!

• Love 2

That episode felt about as good as I expected it to be. Loved the Felicity and friends aspect of the show. Didn't enjoy Saving Private Thea again.

Ok so seriously - I'm not supposed to like Anarchy right? Because I kind of cheered when he killed Ruve. And the fact that he took out the whole damn ark - yea! But I'm really starting to be confused about who the hero of this show is...besides Felicity of course.

• Love 19
(edited)

As for the episode, I enjoyed most of it but IDK, some of the plots didn't sit right. Thea getting drugged has been done before but it felt so stupid that the drug worked its way into her system so quickly. And then her being able to fight it after a quick pep talk from Oliver? LOL okay. 

And still no one did anything about Malcolm. WTF is wrong with these people? I kind of want to bash Oliver and Thea's heads together. 

I liked the Smoak/Kuttler family scenes but at the same time some of the stuff felt a bit out of place in the episode. I liked how Felicity told her mom that she worked with GA. I liked the sniping and banter and Curtis being there really helped lift the scenes, I think. But then Donna walking off and folding laundry and the two of them having a nice quiet talk while the world/city is in need of saving didn't feel right. 

The stunts were great again but I laughed out loud at Diggle's stunt double running. It was so noticeable. LOL.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 4

I also wasn't too terribly impressed with the episode as a whole. The Felicity and Friends sections were entertaining. I liked her working alongside her father while her parents bickered. I hope Noah can return in the future, though if Donna kicking Noah out instead of him leaving is the big Smoak family secret, ehhh, it doesn't appear he tried too terribly hard to return to Felicity's life. Perhaps there will be more to that story beat. 

Put a fork in me, I'm done with saving Thea yet again. Oliver should have been going after DD. Thea should have straight up murdered (though I would call it justice) MM once she regained her ability to make her own decisions, and I side eye her basically telling him not to brainwash her. Again. For the 2nd time. Gah!!!!!

Anarchy can stay. Except for that "Mommy" crap - stop that.  

• Love 20

Yeah, last week Anarky was just taking out the CO2 scrubbers. Which would have kept DD from going forward with his plan to MURDER THE WORLD. It wouldn't have killed the people in the dome. So Thea was pretty much the villain when she thwarted him. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, nksarmi said:

Ok so seriously - I'm not supposed to like Anarchy right? Because I kind of cheered when he killed Ruve. And the fact that he took out the whole damn ark - yea! But I'm really starting to be confused about who the hero of this show is...besides Felicity of course.

I was cheering for Anarky. I like him, aside from the creepy 'Mommy' thing. Haha.

• Love 5
(edited)

The Smoaks' scenes were the only ones that carried any emotional resonance for me. CR really handled the heavier material really well.

The Green Arrow costume should never be out in the light of day.  I know everyone here complains about the princess puff sleeve shoulder pads but that leather hood gives a terrible profile.

They fooled me when they shot Poppy. I was ready to run for the champagne.

Thea was brainwashed again, I just .... *yawn*

Edited by Orion
  • Love 6
Just now, apinknightmare said:

I actually like the "Mommy" thing because of its creepiness, haha.

LOL. It works. But it does creep me out. So I guess they're doing it right? Haha.

• Love 3

Empire Commercial break - I have to admit, I was really bored for most of the episode.

What I liked:

• I enjoyed Arrow in the Daylight.
  • I loved the Smoaks banter, even enjoyed Curtis being part of it
  • DD snark & one-liners, NM can own a scene

What I disliked:

• Let's rescue TQ again
  • Anytime MM was in a scene (a first for me)
  • OQ's annual maybe the bad guy is right
  • Did they just somehow connect BM's struggles with Donna's struggles - because I don't need Noah/Oliver parallels - plz don't go there Arrow
  • But it was really boring to watch the Hack off, like really boring if there was no banter I would have taken a snack break.
  • When did Anarky become a martial arts expert?
  • Even Ruve's death fell flat
  • Too many explosions & guns, not enough of Arrow action scenes.

Glad the episode is over, I know it was a transition episode for the finale, but it felt like it was a filler episode.

All-righty, will catch up on the thread later. Empire is back :)

• Love 1

When Damien told Malcolm that he had someone who could get Rubicon back online I totally thought he meant Noah and we were gonna have a last minute swerve, but he means Felicity, right? How is he going to force her to do that? Yikes.

But yet another consequence of Thea constantly needing saving - the people actually helping stop HIVE were left completely unprotected. Good job! Well done!

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

When Damien told Malcolm that he had someone who could get Rubicon back online I totally thought he meant Noah and we were gonna have a last minute swerve, but he means Felicity, right? How is he going to force her to do that? Yikes.

But yet another consequence of Thea constantly needing saving - the people actually helping stop HIVE were left completely unprotected. Good job! Well done!

Yeah, I'm guessing he means Felicity and that's why Damien showed up at the loft.

And to be fair, even if Digg and Oliver weren't saving Thea (again), I don't think they'd be sitting around in the loft - they'd probably be out doing some other whatever. 

• Love 2

I really enjoyed this episode and I've liked this most recent stretch of Arrow episodes a lot.

The Smoak family drama with Curtis was a lot of fun.  I hope we see more of Noah next season.  Throwing in Felicity's old boyfriend "Electric Boogaloo" as her opponent was a nice touch.

The action was great.  I particularly loved the scene of Oliver and Diggle being chased through the neighborhood via a running gunfight.

Anarchy is growing on me but I still can't take seriously that this boy band reject can fight off Oliver, Diggle and Thea all with a leg wound.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

Yeah, I'm guessing he means Felicity and that's why Damien showed up at the loft.

And to be fair, even if Digg and Oliver weren't saving Thea (again), I don't think they'd be sitting around in the loft - they'd probably be out doing some other whatever. 

I don't think I totally agree. They were located in a super obvious place, Felicity's HOME, and they were 100% thwarting Rubicon, the main part of DD's plot. Protecting them should have been job #1. Instead, as always, Oliver only cared about Thea, who wasn't even in any immediate physical danger.

I'm getting more and more uncomfortable with his obsession with her. 

• Love 3
(edited)
4 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Yeah, that's true. I suppose at least the team are above ground now and can get to them quickly. I'm just so bored of Oliver rushing to save Thea. I get it, she's his sister and he loves her and he'll do anything for her. But I understood that all through s3, I don't need reminding.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 2

(I'll give Oliver and Diggle a break. They had just come back from an attention-filled mission saving Thea and they were taking a breath. I'm sure they would have gone back to Felicity in another few minutes.  But consider me aboard the Bored With Saving Thea boat.

I liked it a lot.  (And compared to the Castle episode, it's bloody brilliant.)

I thought, wow, that's good directing as they moved between past and present, and then the credits came on and I saw it was Glen Winter.  He really is so good.  I even enjoyed the fight scenes again.

The best part for me was The Three Hackers, even though Curtis was just the chorus. Echo Kellum was brilliant, Curtis could be super annoying (as I find Cisco) but he made all his scenes funny, especially feeling sorry for Felicity being the child of a divorce.  I think they've really nailed TA as Noah Kuttler. I hope he comes back.

I really felt for Donna when she saw Felicity getting close to Noah and she felt left out, after having been the one to work multiple jobs in 6" heels to raise her.  CR did a nice job of Donna's conflict.

Love the 'Mommy" thing because it is so creepy.  Did he survive?  I want to keep Anarky, Thea has way more chemistry with him than with the departed (and not regretted) Alex.

I'm also glad Ruve is dead.  And bad me, I was thinking maybe the kid should have been killed too because wow those are bad sociopathic genes and a bad upbringing.

20 minutes ago, Soulfire said:

Felicity is in the same situation as the choice Oliver was forced to make with William. Wow.

I don't think they're the same at all.  Noah was a criminal and a gambler and after sever years, Donna thought that it would be bad for Felicity to grow up with him.  Samantha just didn't want to share William with his father. so she stuck to the lame excuse that Oliver was too much of a playboy even though she knew he wasn't any more.  But that doesn't mean the show isn't going to use Felicity's conflict to have her forgive Oliver.

At last there is a point to the flashbacks -- magic turns you evul.

16 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I wish that Oliver and Diggle had gone down into the dome to destroy it - which is a pretty good strategic decision, since the madman is less likely to destroy the earth if there's no way to repopulate, generally speaking - rather than racing down there to save Thea. So close, show. So far away.

The "let's go down and only save Thea" was pretty lame.  But DD is so BSC that he would destroy the world just because he was angry, especially now that he knows Ruve is dead.  How, I'm sad to be totally betting that he finds out next episode that his daughter is still alive just as he's about to destroy the planet.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, AyChihuahua said:

I don't think I totally agree. They were located in a super obvious place, Felicity's HOME, and they were 100% thwarting Rubicon, the main part of DD's plot. Protecting them should have been job #1. Instead, as always, Oliver only cared about Thea, who wasn't even in any immediate physical danger.

I only disagree because Oliver and Diggle weren't around when Darhk showed up anyway, and they'd already gotten Thea out of beyond thunderdome. Of course, regardless of the situation, they wouldn't be around anyway. Because plot. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, AyChihuahua said:

I'm getting more and more uncomfortable with his obsession with her. 

I wouldn't consider Oliver wanting to save Thea from dying is considered an obsession, tbh. If my brother's life was constantly in danger, I'd try to save him every single time too.

This season we've only seen Oliver concerned about Thea only when her life is threatened or she's facing her blood lust issues (which he was kind of the cause of because he put her in that pit). Otherwise they barely interact...

• Love 12
(edited)
3 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

I wouldn't consider Oliver wanting to save Thea from dying is considered an obsession, tbh. If my brother's life was constantly in danger, I'd try to save him every single time too.

This season we've only seen Oliver concerned about Thea only when her life is threatened or she's facing her blood lust issues (which he was kind of the cause of because he put her in that pit). Otherwise they barely interact...

She was perfectly safe in the dome with the rest of the Vichy assholes. If everybody else in the whole entire world would have died, she'd have been fine. I don't understand why he went down to save her in the first place instead of guarding the people who were actively thwarting the big bad. Plus, she's usually putting her own idiot self in danger. Sure, date/go off with a dude working for the evil person. That couldn't POSSIBLY turn out bad.  

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 6

Is the show trying to prove it can redo the bad parts of Season 3? Because you can't, show... they were BAD. Thea being brainwashed by her father? Bad. Oliver refusing to kill Malcolm? Dumb. Oliver doing whatever it takes to save Thea, even thinking "Hey, maybe the world DOES suck" -- SO IDIOTIC I CAN'T EVEN. 

The show I want and have always wanted now is Felicity and Friends, because at least they make more sense (although I'm intrigued by Noah/Donna's interaction, and I thought Felicity would be more curious but maybe she was just excited about thwarting nuclear global destruction).

Oliver and Thea really are the worst heroes possible... Also, no joke, Oliver has disarmed/beat Thea multiple times THIS season during training sessions, and he can't take her down quickly? Really? And Anarky can hold off ALL THREE of them? after he warns them "don't shoot stuff" in here. Why would you shoot things??

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, popgoesculture said:

after he warns them "don't shoot stuff" in here. Why would you shoot things??

Because the plot needed the place to explode, and both Oliver and Thea are so extremely easy to write for plot it's not even funny.

• Love 6

All that stuff #Poppy was saying - about defeating some evil guy back in Russia - is that gonna come into play in next season's flashbacks? Also, will the flashbacks ever be good again? 

• Love 4
Just now, Angel12d said:

All that stuff #Poppy was saying - about defeating some evil guy back in Russia - is that gonna come into play in next season's flashbacks? Also, will the flashbacks ever be good again? 

Maybe if David Nykl comes back and they do a good job writing his character.

I'm betting Poppy dies next episode, although she suddenly became a lot more interesting.  What I'm curious about is what they're going to do with the idol so that DD can get to it.

• Love 4

Yeah, so I figured out that although I used to like Thea, this season has made her character almost insufferable for me. I think she's better off leaving the team. I find that Thea surprisingly drags down the team, much like Laurel. While everyone else provides something interesting. I actually like OTA+Quentin, with them getting occasional help from Curtis. Quentin surprises me the most, because without Laurel, they allow him to be the 'rotating' member, in which he takes up the mantle for several roles. First as the getaway driver, and now sitting by on the comms. Sure, neither of these require a lot of experience, but I think that's the point. They are still fairly important. Not only that, but Quentin can also go out on the field on occasion, so it works really well. And he has the law on his side (well...had?) so he's got that going for him. I just think that all Thea can do is fight (kinda...) and not much else. She's good at the management occupations, but I don't know how well that'll fit on the team. So maybe it's best for Thea to find her own path. 

The Smoak-Kuttler family drama was actually pretty funny. I'm really glad Donna knows about Felicity working with Green Arrow. I thought Donna/Noah had an interesting dynamic, but Tom Amandes and Charlotte Ross had good chemistry going. Dare I ask for more of them next season? Also, it's sad that Donna had to confess that they left Noah, and not the other way around. So there have been lies in the family. Hopefully they can repair them next season.

Curtis was great. I feel like he is a great comic relief character. I don't want him to get too serious or angsty (which is why I hope for Curtis to keep his husband...please). He had some good moments, especially with being the fourth wheel.

Can they kill Malcolm next episode? Pretty please? His confidence over not dying would make it the perfect moment to have Oliver slash his throat open. Or Thea. Whichever one. But this time, decapitate his head, take out his heart and burn every inch of him and then scatter his ashes across the world.

So....I decided since I've been skipping the flashbacks since....oh, probably the second episode this season, I decided to actually tune in. Man, I wish I hadn't. Except the fight scenes were decent, I guess. Also, I'm not sure whether I liked the scene transitions through facial match-ups for the flashbacks. Also, it looks like they're really going to have to speed through Oliver's 'I'm a killer' phase in less than a two year span. 

I hope Anarky doesn't die. He's a good villain to keep around for a bit longer. 

I will say the last fight scene was ok.

• Love 6
(edited)

I liked all the stuff in the loft - hacking and Smoak Family Drama. All good. But I massively did not care about anything else, mostly because I hate the magic stuff and 80% of this episode felt like recycled storylines from other seasons. 

ETA: Did Oliver pick a lock with one of his arrows? Is that an actual thing that happened or am I crazy?

Edited by GirlvsTV
  • Love 7

I had to LOL at the family Diggle and Oliver spoke to in the 'ark' because they hadn't been drugged and were like 'the city has gone to shit, that's why we believe the world needs nuking and we can start over.'

WTF. Just move cities, fools. Haha.

• Love 24
2 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I had to LOL at the family Diggle and Oliver spoke to in the 'ark' because they hadn't been drugged and were like 'the city has gone to shit, that's why we believe the world needs nuking and we can start over.'

WTF. Just move cities, fools. Haha.

There are real U.S. towns that have nearly zero crime. But nah, instead move to creepy dome with nutbars evil dude and be complicit in murdering every single person/animal/insect in the whole frigging world. I'd have probably shot those assholes.

This show is really, really weird sometimes. I agree it's foreshadowing to him giving hope to SC residents, but it's still very weird to try to get us to sympathize with people who are okay with NUKING THE WORLD.

• Love 8

I said weeks ago that they need to send Thea over to Legends or just let her leave town and go be with Roy somewhere. Arrow does not know how to use her and they are going to continue getting her wrong until I hate her - which will make me sad.

I was seriously watching the Anarky scene thinking "why are they trying to stop him? no really, why?"

And I was very frustrated with Oliver starting to drink the damn crazy juice that somehow Star City equals that whole damn world. Yes Star City suck, but other parts of the world are kind of ok - you know if DD doesn't nuke them. So yea, work on stopping that or protecting the people who are you morons. And let the people whose definition of "hope" is nuke the world and ride the underground ark to populate a new one - after 6 billion people die, all plant and animal life is dead, and the planet has endured a nuclear winter - let them just die because frankly - they are part of the problem Oliver!

• Love 11

For perhaps the first time since, oh I don't know, the first season, I thought the flashbacks were marginally interesting, not nearly as intrusive as usual (because most of what was going on in the dome was nonsense), and yet somehow still completely pointless. I liked glowy eyed Poppy soaking up bullets and...well, that's about it really. We already know what happens to Oliver and the idol. Why am I supposed to care? On the other hand there is now a giant smoldering crater in the middle of Star City. Which is drastically different from that giant smoldering crater which was off to the side of Star City, or wherever the Glades was. Seriously, why DOES anyone still live there? I mean, how many times does the universe need to tell you to move?

• Love 6

I don't know why but I feel like Donna is still hiding something? I get that she wants to protect her daughter but I found it kinda odd that she asked Noah to leave. Felicity is 26 years old. She's old enough to decide who she wants in her life. Ugh at meddling parents.

• Love 11

Even if Diggle and Oliver weren't available, not one person had enough sense to request ARGUS agents, or just anyone that can provide protection, to stand watch outside the loft?. Felicity and Noah lost valuable time, a matter of seconds, in the last episode when Murmur made his way into the security data center and caused them to lose the nuke that eventually hit Havenrock. Protecting the very people who are responsible for saving the world should have been top priority, not saving Thea.

• Love 14