Type keyword(s) to search

BrainDead in the Media: "Comic Thriller"???

I'm getting into this; it's great fun! Then, I live Inside the Beltway so the fun is trying to tell which characters have been infected, and which are just their usual selves....

• Love 1
(edited)

Well, Saturday's bad, too, but Battle Creek went to Sunday nights at 10 and died (for which I still hate CBS). And I know there have been other TV shows I've watched over the years (I'm pretty old, so we're talking a few decades) that got cancelled after they went to that slot--on all three networks. 

Edited by kirinan
  • Love 1

The show has zero chance at a season two. I'm just glad that it wasn't yanked. Seriously, the ratings are AWFUL. It's pretty much the network's worst rated show. Lets just enjoy the rest of the season and take it from there.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Browncoat said:

I thought this was just a short-run summer series anyway -- not destined for the long haul.

It is short run; I just don't want it to disappear without us getting to see all the episodes.

• Love 2

I'm sorry that BrainDead isn't getting better ratings.  The timing/current political situation probably doesn't help. And while I like most of the cast (who are new to me, except the actor who plays Ella and of course, the amazing Tony Shaloub) I don't like Luke. I don't really feel a sibling connection between him and Laurel or even really buy him as a Senator.  (It could be because I saw him recently during my annual Burn Notice re-watch playing a creepy lawyer. Didn't make the connection until I looked him up on IMDB.)

I will follow it wherever it goes on the schedule - though I'm actually okay with Sunday. My Mondays are usually overloaded anyway. 

• Love 1

Well, I'm disappointed there isn't an episode tonight.  I was looking forward to it, and to have to wait almost two weeks (again) for another episode is going to lose them some viewers.  

I have been enjoying this show so much, I really hope they don't cancel.  We got two seasons of Gallivant (against all hope) so maybe this will be a favorite of someone important at CBS and we'll get two seasons.  

I'm going to stop loving shows, because it never ends well for me.  :( 

• Love 2

Me too.  That link some one posted above won't open for me - I assume it's being moved to Sunday?  Is that because of the convention or permanently (where permanently means until the season is over)?

• Love 1

In one sense it's all pretty straightforward. The salami is a penis substitute acceptable for network TV. Laurel sticking the salami in her mouth is oral sex. 

It gets a little weirder when Gareth chows down on the salami, but I'm sure the producers agree with Freud a cigar is sometimes just a cigar. Even if the switch back to just a salami was kind of quick. 

And partly, the scene was just a role reversal joke, where the woman finishes prematurely. 

• Love 1

Mary Elizabeth was on The Late Late Show last night.  They showed a scene from BrainDead (where she was trying to get the bugs out) but I got the feeling that James Corden was only having the clip as a courtesy to CBS and not because he was particularly enamored of the show.

She is cute as can be though.  Love her. 

Aww, I didn't realize that more seasons meant ones focused on Wall Street, Hollywood and Silicon Valley. That would have been fun.  Hey, CBS - I might even sign up for your All Access if you put new BrainDead online. 

• Love 1

looking to see if cancelled and found this from a week after the finale

BrainDead Season 2: Laurel Moves To Wall St; Michelle, Robert King Discuss Renewal Chances

but then there was the another not a cancellation notice yet, but misleading title story. 

‘BrainDead’ Season 2 Cancelled On CBS: Ratings Fail To Score A Renewal Order From Network

So it averaged a .4 rating. They compare it to limitless, those who watched loved it, but not enough people watched. 

and from  Oct 8th

Renewal Scorecard 2017-18

BrainDead: Limbo/Season 2 TBD

guh, too long wait. 

• Love 2

It's official: one season and done.  At least it got a good wrap-up, but I'm a bit bummed by it.  It ended up being a pleasant surprise over the summer.  Too bad it didn't work out.  I wonder if it was just too weird or, if anything, it was almost hitting too close to home, considering the current political climate.  

At least Mary Elizabeth Winstead will be going to Fargo!

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, thuganomics85 said:

It's official: one season and done.  At least it got a good wrap-up, but I'm a bit bummed by it.  It ended up being a pleasant surprise over the summer.  Too bad it didn't work out.  I wonder if it was just too weird or, if anything, it was almost hitting too close to home, considering the current political climate.  

At least Mary Elizabeth Winstead will be going to Fargo!

I wonder if MEW signing to do Fargo had anything to do with the final decision to cancel. The show is better than the previous summer's Zoo, but Zoo didn't have to share ratings with the Summer Olympics and election coverage. Silly CBS. </sigh>

11 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

I wonder if MEW signing to do Fargo had anything to do with the final decision to cancel. The show is better than the previous summer's Zoo, but Zoo didn't have to share ratings with the Summer Olympics and election coverage. Silly CBS. </sigh>

I think she already knew, it was pretty obvious, especially coming from CBS that usually doesn't keep shows like this around for long.

The Kings have also moved on to The Good Wife spinoff.

Zoo seems to be the next Under the Dome (3 seasons and done).

• Love 1

The only wistful regret is that the show did not get the opportunity to cast Susan Gallagher as an Easter Egg.

Susan who?, you may ask.

She's the girl in the "You Might Think" 80s video, and she's still active and acting.

• Love 1
On 3/21/2017 at 1:50 AM, shapeshifter said:

I wonder if it had been broadcast this spring or upcoming summer if it would have garnered a larger (or smaller) audience.

I'm struggling with the real-world politics the Kings are inserting into their new drama (The Good Fight), so I'm one of the people who would have probably found BrainDead way too depressing now.

• Love 1