Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E01: Catfishing Fallout

• Start Topic

(edited)

From TVGuide:

Season 7, Episode 1
May 8, 2016
Catfishing Fallout
In the season premiere, a therapist helps the family deal with the aftermath of Meri's scandalous catfishing incident. Meanwhile, Madison prepares to move to Montana to be with her fiancé, Caleb; and the Browns get ready for their newest member.

I wonder how honest the series will portray the 'catfishing'?  A few of us here have followed the story closely up until the point where we became too annoyed by Jackie's continued delusions to remain interested.

Madison 'prepares' to move to Montana?  Hasn't she lived up there for over a year now.

This season on Sister Wives (preview):
http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/sister-wives/

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 1

Yeeeeeaahhh buddy. I am so excited for this hot mess. I've got a bottle if wine, and I'm ready to drink every time someone cries about being persecuted for their lifestyle/faith.

Also, happy mothers day to all ofthe mamas out there! I don't know how you do it without at least 2 sister wives to help you!

• Love 22

I've got a bottle if wine, and I'm ready to drink every time someone cries about being persecuted for their lifestyle/faith.

Then you had better sit in something with arms because you may be falling down drunk by the first commercial.

• Love 10

I want to be excited, I want to know more from their perspective the fall out from the catfish... However I fear I already know all I will ever know and they won't it'll be more of the same using the scandal to bring viewers in and then refusing to talk when we get there.

• Love 4

Okay, so Meri fell for another man online who turned out to be a woman except she supposedly slept wth him/her/it?

Didn't care enough then to figure it out, care even less now, and yet this is their season opener?

Meri-is-an-idiot and the wives cry all the time is exactly zero news. Moving on. Wish TLC would.

• Love 6

Kody's personality sucks. The little kids and the wives are so desperate for Kody's attention that they hang on his every word and laugh at him like he is hysterical when he isn't. So he thinks he is just the most charming, funny guy in the world when in reality he is annoying and corny as hell.

• Love 10
(edited)

Cody appears to me to get irritated pretty easily.   Im guessing that when the cameras are not around, there is a lot of tip toeing around him so he doesnt twist off.

Just heard Cody call Robyn Mrs Brown during the "dr" visit.  Uh Ouch Cody, way to rub that in the other wives faces..yeeps dude!

Edited by Christi
  • Love 14

Random thoughts, no spoilers. Robyn is really most beautiful when she's pregnant. And it was interesting to hear that in polygamous families, children tend to claim their mother's bed, and get touchy when they get kicked to the curb on their father's night in the home. 

• Love 6
(edited)

Robyn's looks are starting to hit the wall. I don't want Kody to be too happy (LOL) but it would be a burn if he picked up a younger hotter wife.

**** funny that I posted the opposite of MelissaMinion at the same time. Maybe I just can't find Robyn attractive because of her personality.

I am flipping over to Fear The Walking Dead, it's all filler of Maddie moving no juicy Catfish material yet.

Edited by Armchair Critic
  • Love 2

Well, if they dont make the most of the good Catfish drama, then this show has officially Jumped the Shark for me.  

Another season of Robyn pregnant, jerk Cody and bratty kids is not enough keep me.

The Real Story is that plural marriage doesnt work.  Even the Spokesmodels for it are miserable, jealous and resentful, and they cant seem to keep it under wraps anymore.   They dont even have that pesky religion thing hanging over their heads!

• Love 9

Robun looks her best while pregnant to me.  But that isn't beautiful either.  I don't think she's going to age well.  I think Kody is quite emotional when not being filmed.  I can see him being quite sulky and having temper tantrums when things don't go his way.

• Love 7

At this point, all I'm feeling is sympathy for Meri. Getting scammed is easy. If it wasn't easy, there wouldn't be scammers.

And I like that Robyn was asking the "how did we not see that you needed help?" question.

Somebody shoot my unicorn, please? I don't want to feel sympathy for any of these people! 

• Love 8

Uhhhhh Robyn..waake up

If the dude WAS real, she would be a million miles away, with her own Spinoff show right now. 

The reason she "never was going to leave" is because she found out her dream boat is a 400 lb stalking troll.

Blah Blah Blah, this is being spun as Mary is a victim of blackmail now.  Gurl, Bye

• Love 18
(edited)

I agree Christi. If "Sam" would have actually looked like his pictures Meri would have packed up and moved faster than Maddie. 

LOL at Kody's little flipped up at the end hairdo. His shark eyes really come out while listening to what Meri says about the Catfish.

Edited by Armchair Critic
  • Love 12
(edited)

I wish, instead of all this yammering, they would have a Read Along circle and read all her texts out loud, with her pictures she sent him...kinda like a Grown Up Show and Tell lol.

Lets REALLY get it out there people..play her voice messages to him...WAY  beyond just being "kinda flattered". Lol

Edited by Christi
  • Love 11

Kody, for the love of all that is decent, stop saying "baby sister"! In the span of ten minutes, he must have said it twenty times. Still waiting for Meri's revisionist version of her almost-affair.

• Love 3

Truely seems to be pretty spoiled, I can see Christine giving all her attention to her because Christine is lonely because Kody ignores her. But I don't think it's doing the kid any favors. And yes I know we aren't supposed to smack on the youngsters so I will leave it at that.

• Love 6
(edited)

Please just play the voicemails and show the pics Meri texted.  One pic had her scratching Sam's name into her arm or leg...yeah, thats normal.

It was Robyn's "good" friend that started all this.  She introduced them at some sales convention for the pyramid scheme of vitamins they were shilling.

Cant believe I know all this, but it was SO juicy at the time!! Meri was NEVER a victim, from what I read.

Oh, and the catfisher wrote an E Book..."Almost Meri'd"

Lolololol

Edited by Christi
  • Love 7

What they don't admit is Meri was vulnerable to a Catfish because their lives are centered around that idiot Kody and their kids and when the kids move out their life is empty because Kody is not there for them (except Robyn).

• Love 20

I think I'm over my urge to sympathize. Yeah, Meri was sitting at home alone, in her lonely house with the wet bar. But who set up that situation? She wanted that. 

Can they not have her evaluated for depression? Jeez, she's looking like the poster child for anti-depressants right now.

• Love 12

I think they changed the order of the episodes, because the second hour appeared to have been filmed directly after last season's finale and Meri wasn't featured in the first.  I believe the reason why Kody didn't try to get closer to Meri when she was pulling away was because he simply didn't care.  Janelle seems to be the only one who isn't sympathetic to Meri's plight.  Saying that she can't believe Meri would fall for something like that, is basically calling her stupid.  Meri was a fool for confiding in Robyn.  I have a feeling she relayed every last detail of their conversation to Kody.   I find it interesting that Christine said that Robyn and Meri were very, very close; emphasis on were.

• Love 13

Aww. Widdle Kody feels abandoned. I wondered if any of the wives rolled their eyes at that.

"I was here, in the room, when you were taking calls...". Well, yes, that's how it works. When you have a spouse that is not monogamous, you're going to feel bad when they pay attention to another. 

I just want to shout DING! when he comes out with one of these hurt statements, and maybe hit him with the big clown hammer that makes DOINK! sound effects.

• Love 18

Kody felt shut out...huh

Right after he divorced Meri to marry the Flavor of the Month.  Who da thunk that might not sit well with your current wife?

Robyn is mad because 

1. It ruined her friendship with the catfish aid.

2. It took the spotlight off of her and the idiot spawn

3. Kody is actually paying attention to someone else (if only to save face, and prove that he is still worshipped by all)

Oh how I wish Dr. Phil or the real Catfish show would have done this story.  The TLC Spin Machine is working on overload now.

• Love 16
4 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

What they don't admit is Meri was vulnerable to a Catfish because their lives are centered around that idiot Kody and their kids and when the kids move out their life is empty because Kody is not there for them (except Robyn).

I absolutely agree.  Kody will never admit he's been an ass and the wives will never admit their life sucks.   Meri will never tell them how she feels.   

Kody is all about Kody.   He is turning this whole situation on Meri. 

• Love 19
3 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

I find it interesting that Christine said that Robyn and Meri were very, very close; emphasis on were.

That's interesting. I missed hearing that.  I wonder whether it's a side effect of Robyn finally getting the ring, and a new baby, or if it's due to Meri pulling away from everyone?

• Love 1

There's really no reason anymore for the family to tiptoe around Meri's feelings. Her daughter is grown, and can carry on relationships with her other mothers. Meri only had one, yes, but at this point, fixing that issue is not feasible. She gave up the First Wife status, so that unspoken status is gone. She got her big house and wet bar, and what did she do with it? Used it to isolate herself and carry on an online fling. 

I think she's going to find coming back from this harder than her previous struggles, and the other wives not as accommodating to her feelings. 

I think they might pay lip service to fixing the relationship, for the cameras, but I suspect they, especially Janelle, are just DONE with Meri and her issues.

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

So tired of Kody and Robyn's polygamy tales. Polygamist mostly do home births because they are afraid of going to hospitals and being found out. How is it that the one place they feel free to go to without free of reprisals is the welfare office?

This doesn't make sense to me.  Robyn is the legit wife now.  Why "hide" by having a home birth now?

• Love 8

I think it is hilarious that Meri is trying to spin this as, "I was a victim, but I've taken back my power". I don't buy that she was keeping quiet to protect the family.  Based on her smug demeanor at the restaurant in Alaska, she thought Sam was real and she was ready to bounce. 

• Love 17
(edited)

This is less of a premiere and more of a recap of last season.  A year later and everything is still at the same place we left off. The preview for family therapy bloated the running time of this episode, it wasn't that interesting, and they could have fit it into 1 hour. The commercial breaks were so long. Thank goodness for DVR. The Meri teasers aren't working. I'm not going to be able to watch all this drivel in one sitting. Does anyone know when family therapy starts? 

Since you've all got the therapy session covered, I'm going to snark on the rest of it. 

Looks like King Kody is already planning his next bro-vacation. Maddie barely announced her engagement and Kodester is thinking fishing trip to look for a venue. Since when does the father of the bride venue shop? They will probably end up wading through muddy trails in the dense woods somewhere by a lake with good trout for her wedding if it was left to Kody. And of course, the women all accede to his wishes. They still selling us the hogwash that they have equal say and equal rights to Kody? 

Speaking of which, how do you think Kody's older sons feel to see their dad drooling over Caleb wanting to spend 'male bonding time' after ignoring them for most of their lives? That must sting. The thing I really appreciated abut Brady (My 5 Wives) is that he makes a genuine effort to connect and have strong bonds with all of his kids. Maddie has no compunction about GTFO as soon as she had the chance to. And Kody Siamesing himself to Caleb...wow that was beyond obsessed. And him fixing the couch, after probably months if not years of it being broken...that was not bizarre. That was showing off to Caleb, caveman style, like a dog peeing on a tree. Kody always has to be the center of attention. Even at dinner, he was trying to monopolize the entire conversation.  A couple of looks Maddie gave him, she was irritated. 

Robyn, the forever pregnant one, has to make everything a big deal, even just getting the baby room ready calls for a massive logistical meeting. Anything to get extra QT with Kody, (what is his nickname?). The way she was talking, you would think she was having quadruplets, instead of one, and that she had never had a kid share a room before. *gasp* #polyproblems. I hope she is not under any illusions that her sister wives are going to help in any way besides 'holding the baby' as Christine put it. My sister, my neighbor, and my husband's first wife have given me a lot of help with my twins, logging probably more support and help than Robyn is ever going to get with all sister wives combined.  And they still want us to believe that polygamy is better? Yeah right??

Edited by Spiderella2
Spelling
  • Love 18

No, Robyn has/had a friend-fan that she let into the inner sanctuary.  This girl knows, or at least fronted for the catfish, sticking up for him etc.

Lots on FB and Twitter wars between them all. Also the website All About The Tea reported tons of stuff.

Robyn appears to be trying to do the backstroke, pretend that she had no knowledge or ownership in any of this.  Her "friend" contacts a bunch of celebrities, and Robyn was the first to take the bait. She has 10 kids of her own, and I think is dreaming of her own show.  She was even on an episode of Sister Wives, doing a make over on them.

Her twitter name is 9 peas in a Pod or something.  She runs a fb group, and now there are a ton of fb groups exposing all of this. Its like falling down the rabbit hole....thete is so much detail out there, its crazy!

I haven't checked these groups in ages, but I will tonite! Lol this is Christmas for them! Other Sam victims coming forward...scammed out of money...and one woman was scammed out of her DOG! !!!

Swear to god lol

Meri still shoulda left...had a spin off, focusing on finding herself or something.

She is miserable, Kody will NEVER forgive her.

1 star of a spin off will make a lot more $$ than splitting it a million times with this insufferable crew.  She had her chance to escape, and really could have turned it into a survivor story.

Dummy

• Love 8