Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E01: Out With the Old, In With the New

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, karenc3 said:

I had read an article about the interview Khloe did with Howard Stern late last year, this is probably the one discussed on the show because she also discusses Lamar.  During the interview, Khloe said that they heard about Caitlyn's transition from producers of the show who told them that Bruce was having a show about transitioning, and that's how they found out.    Here's the article:

https://www.howardstern.com/news/2016/1/13/listen-official-audio-khloe-kardashian-opens-about-lamar-odom-caitlyn-jenner-and-boob-jobs/

I could see why Khloe was upset about this, and I think why Caitlyn was so mad is because she didn't want anyone to know this. 

This interview stood out to me at the time because it made it clearer why the family reacted the way they did.   

They have all lied to the public over and over with regard to just what the hell was going on with Caitlyn all those years. Kylie and Kendall say they've known for "years". Then they try to put this big spin on it and make it look like all is happy and peaceful in Jenner/Kardashian land when in truth, the family is in turmoil over her decision to transition.    

• Love 3

I cannot imagine the turmoil they must be going through.  For Kris, I wonder if she really knew all along and just hoped it would never get to the point of her husband actually transitioning...even if I don't care for Kris, it did seem as though she and Bruce were quite in love early on.  Kendall and Kylie no longer have an involved, grounded parent - Caitlyn's attitude towards her family is pretty dismissive, at least what we've been shown.  Rob no longer has a father figure, not to mention Brody, Brandon and Burt.

It really struck me watching the phone conversation between Kris and Caitlyn...Kris was clearly crying on the phone, and Caitlyn's "BYE!" was extremely dismissive and cold as ice.  Maybe Kris put Caitlyn through hell for years, or vice-versa, who knows - but Caitlyn doesn't even seem to be trying anymore when it comes to their kids.  Interesting, because Bruce was always all about the family.

• Love 12

They have all lied to the public over and over with regard to just what the hell was going on with Caitlyn all those years. Kylie and Kendall say they've known for "years". Then they try to put this big spin on it and make it look like all is happy and peaceful in Jenner/Kardashian land when in truth, the family is in turmoil over her decision to transition.    

You are right they all have lied about what was going on with Caitlyn for years. The say one thing then contradict it later on. I suspect the truth is somewhere in the middle, because I have a hard time believing exactly what Caitlyn and the K women say. I would think Khloe would have had an inkling that Caitlyn was going to transition. When did Caitlyn get her show in relation to when she announced that she was transitioning?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

I cannot imagine the turmoil they must be going through.  For Kris, I wonder if she really knew all along and just hoped it would never get to the point of her husband actually transitioning...even if I don't care for Kris, it did seem as though she and Bruce were quite in love early on.  Kendall and Kylie no longer have an involved, grounded parent - Caitlyn's attitude towards her family is pretty dismissive, at least what we've been shown.  Rob no longer has a father figure, not to mention Brody, Brandon and Burt.

It really struck me watching the phone conversation between Kris and Caitlyn...Kris was clearly crying on the phone, and Caitlyn's "BYE!" was extremely dismissive and cold as ice.  Maybe Kris put Caitlyn through hell for years, or vice-versa, who knows - but Caitlyn doesn't even seem to be trying anymore when it comes to their kids.  Interesting, because Bruce was always all about the family.

I thought the same thing about Caitlyn, she seems cold, selfish and hurtful. Then I remembered this is the Kardashian showcase with Kris as one of the producers and all Kardashian editors. I took Caitlyn's attitude with that in mind, but she has most certainly done her best to estrange her own biological children. Kylie and Khloe have been as thick as thieves most of their lives. How is Kylie supposed to work both sides of the fence between Khloe and Caitlyn and at the same time keep them both happy?

I also thought how interesting it was that they needed a pow-wow together to talk about the fact that Rob and Chyna are together and that Scott and Tyga are best-buds. They are extremely against the friendship Scott has with Tyga and I'm sure it's because Tyga isn't going to be a good influence on a recovering alcoholic/addict. BUT, why weren't they all as concerned when Kylie and Tyga were f**k-buddies right under their noses? Is there a double standard even for their own gender? It's okay for Kylie even though they weren't thrilled about it, but it's absolutely not okay for Scott to hang with Tyga.

• Love 10

After seeing the lyrics Tyga posted in his song supposedly about Kylie, I don't know why the K sisters, along with Kris and Caitlyn, weren't standing in line to punch Tyga in the throat.  I am beyond weirded out that somehow, in some realm of Kris Jenner's brain, she is okay with the coupling of Tyga and Kylie.  Hitching her daughter to the next big thing's star?  Yeah, not so much.  Especially given that this guy not only likes to not pay his bills, has an ex who has been known to stir up trouble in the lives of the Kardashian sisters, and has a small child.  If Tyga and BC manage to weave themselves into this family and stir up all kinds of extra drama, I will sit back and watch it unfold with glee.

And in the previews for the upcoming season, we were shown a snippet of Kylie apparently romancing Tyga with flower petals on a bed...I mean, I know she is technically an adult but that's just all kinds of icky to me.  I do not need to see a disheveled, post-interlude Kylie and Tyga on my television screen, but I doubt PMK has a problem with it...because ratings. 

• Love 7

If Tyga and BC manage to weave themselves into this family and stir up all kinds of extra drama, I will sit back and watch it unfold with glee.

Maybe this was their long term plan? Lol

"We need to keep our fame going, what do we do?" "I know. We get divorced. You hook up with Kylie, then I'll work on Rob." "Done!"

• Love 8

Why so many awkward Kris/Scott scenes?  Just listening to Kris coo things like "Mmmm so tasty!" and "Ooooh fun" and she is fake as fuck.  Scott has always been my fave, he looked rough.

As much as I hate Kris, she had me cheering when she told Kim off at the end of the episode.  Can that be for real?  "Married for 72 days - THAT'S normal" - ooh gurl.  I love it!  More bitchy Kris and less Stepford Kris, please.

• Love 6
49 minutes ago, ingenting said:

Kris and Scott have a playful wittiness, which is totally lacking from the rest of the family. 

Except that Kris's frozen smile is reaching Joker-like proportions, and Scott seemed to not know where he was or what he was saying most of the time.

• Love 5
(edited)

I was happy Rob was no longer putting himself on this show for the last couple of seasons. To me, it seems to do more harm than good. And yet, even when he isn't on this show, they talk about him. And laugh. And he is like the punch line in a joke to these people. Who are his family. 

I have a lot more I wanted to say on the BC/Tyga/Rob/Kylie saga but I don't think really care? It all seems funny to me just because they are defending Tyga with Kylie in this whole thing. Which.. I mean..really. 

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 7
(edited)
2 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

I was happy Rob was no longer putting himself on this show for the last couple of seasons. To me, it seems to do more harm than good. And yet, even when he isn't on this show, they talk about him. And laugh. And he is like the punch line in a joke to these people. Who are his family. 

I have a lot more I wanted to say on the BC/Tyga/Rob/Kylie saga but I don't think really care? It all seems funny to me just because they are defending Tyga with Kylie in this whole thing. Which.. I mean..really. 

Even the promo for their show is all about 'family' and how there's nothing more important. But I think they're only including all the females and have totally left Rob out to dry. Over the years, they have all been tough on Rob, including Khloe. They have all belittled him in some way or mocked whatever business he tried to get going. Essentially they destroyed his self-esteem. Even though Khloe has said that she and Rob have been the closest and probably they have been, Khloe has done a job on his head with her brother-sister sexual innuendo and teasing about her vagina or sex toys. It's just unnatural and nasty and if she's been teasing him in this same way since childhood, I'm not surprised that Rob is messed up.

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 8
12 hours ago, HumblePi said:

Even the promo for their show is all about 'family' and how there's nothing more important. But I think they're only including all the females and have totally left Rob out to dry. Over the years, they have all been tough on Rob, including Khloe. They have all belittled him in some way or mocked whatever business he tried to get going. Essentially they destroyed his self-esteem. Even though Khloe has said that she and Rob have been the closest and probably they have been, Khloe has done a job on his head with her brother-sister sexual innuendo and teasing about her vagina or sex toys. It's just unnatural and nasty and if she's been teasing him in this same way since childhood, I'm not surprised that Rob is messed up.

What's always been strange to me in their treatment of Rob is that he is the only son of the father the K sisters supposedly all revered and adored.  How do they justify treating Rob like they do - do they think their father, if alive, would've condoned that treatment?  If they loved Robert Sr. like they claim, they don't show it at all in how they treat their brother, who not only strongly resembles his dad, but has his name.  You'd think they'd throw a little more love Rob's way, or at least be somewhat sympathetic to his struggles as the only son of a very successful man.  Instead, he's become the family scapegoat.  And Kris is no help - she waffles on how she reacts to how her girls treat him - sometimes she defends Rob, but a lot of times she's laughing right along with everyone.  To me, as a mom, that is reprehensible behavior.  They can all see he is struggling to find his way, but they seem to delight in this - the harder he falls, the more ammunition they have to make fun of him.

Maybe Rob has been lazy, or maybe he just can't find his niche.  But considering that Kim & Co. pretty much owe their success to PMK capitalizing on Kim's hoorish ways, they really don't have a lot of room to define who is or is not "successful."

• Love 8

Everyone in this family is messed up, but there was something really disgusting about watching Khloe and Kim in particular try to shame their mother for helping their brother. These women forget how they got where they are today and it wasn't through hard work. It was through a released sex tape and pimping a new image of Kim on every red carpet available. Rob didn't jump on the train and when the family came up together, they took part in a lot more woman friendly activities - a clothing store for women, a women's clothing line, selling their bodies to any and every endorsement. Their success was afforded to them by the many opportunities presented to them as women willingly and accepting of objectifying their minds and bodies for the sake of entertainment, fame and money. That isn't a common opportunity for a man in the entertainment industry.

I'm not a fan of any of them but I was happy that Kris pointed out the hypocrisy of someone like Kim criticizing her for helping her children - specifically bringing up her 72 day sham of a wedding. How selfish of them to shame their mother for being a mother when all of them at many points in their lives received her unconditional support in helping them. They all like to call themselves smart business women. The intelligence in that family runs no farther than Kris Jenner. She is the mastermind behind that family and has afforded them the opportunity to delude themselves into thinking they're rich, successful women on their own merit.

• Love 10
(edited)

Probably because she can still monetize them still being associated with the family. I'm sure that if for whatever reason they no longer provide the Koven with any financial income, she'll cut them loose like so much dead weight.

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 5
On Monday, May 02, 2016 at 8:34 AM, bichonblitz said:

Khloe's ass is of control. My mouth was hanging open watching her prancing around in her skin tight jeans. She looks seriously deformed. 

Seriously... I could not look away. Yes, Khloe, you most certainly are a totally *new* person. On the other hand, we have Kylie. When she came on screen, (maybe sitting at some table with Khloe) I immediately paused with that screeching record sound in my head.

It's as though PMK's steamroller  (I'm sorry...glam machine) ran over her and left behind a pair of surprised yet vacant eyes, grotesquely over-inflated fish lips and a wig. I kind of hope she really is vacant/dumb, because I don't know how else a person could survive that family as well as being turned out in a sense as a young teen. 

On Wednesday, May 04, 2016 at 8:40 AM, laurakaye said:

Maybe Rob has been lazy, or maybe he just can't find his niche.  But considering that Kim & Co. pretty much owe their success to PMK capitalizing on Kim's hoorish ways, they really don't have a lot of room to define who is or is not "successful."

Thank you. The women may have had better luck fitting into their little revenue streams, but all the fame and opportunities trace directly back to Kim's sex tape and the hustler pushing it  (PMK).

• Love 3
On 5/2/2016 at 7:34 PM, MarysWetBar said:

And who wants to look at her rotten clam??? Larssa I guess. 

Jonathan, meanwhile, weeps bitter tears of frustration that it wasn't him in the bathroom instead of Larssa...

• Love 12
15 minutes ago, sharkfan said:

Jonathan, meanwhile, weeps bitter tears of frustration that it wasn't him in the bathroom instead of Larssa...

He's so far up Kim's ass  I would have thought Larsa caught a glimpse of him in that mirror.

• Love 12
27 minutes ago, sharkfan said:

Jonathan has spent 10-15 years of being Kim's "gay bff" just waiting for the opportunity to see that nasty old thing.

• Love 2
On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 6:11 AM, iwasish said:

They knew about the cross dressing; but not necessarily about being transgender.  The 2 don't always go hand in hand.  There also had to be some denial - which is normal in a situation like this.  I disagree with your claim that everything is peaceful with the transition.  If there wasn't turmoil with this kind of change, that would be atypical.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, escape said:

They knew about the cross dressing; but not necessarily about being transgender.  The 2 don't always go hand in hand.  There also had to be some denial - which is normal in a situation like this.  I disagree with your claim that everything is peaceful with the transition.  If there wasn't turmoil with this kind of change, that would be atypical.

I think they knew it was way more than cross dressing. Maybe not way back then, but certainly well before the public started to get wind of it.

IMO that is why Kris is so emotional, not that her marriage is over, that was done long ago, but because this is something she can't spin or control.  

I don't believe everything was peaceful with this change, clearly it isn't. But they have, up til recently, tried to act as if they don't have any issues with it. Obviously they do. And should. I can't imagine too many people would just be " Oh, you're a woman? Good by Bruce, Hello Caitlyn". 

• Love 3
(edited)
6 hours ago, iwasish said:

I think they knew it was way more than cross dressing. Maybe not way back then, but certainly well before the public started to get wind of it.

IMO that is why Kris is so emotional, not that her marriage is over, that was done long ago, but because this is something she can't spin or control.  

I don't believe everything was peaceful with this change, clearly it isn't. But they have, up til recently, tried to act as if they don't have any issues with it. Obviously they do. And should. I can't imagine too many people would just be " Oh, you're a woman? Good by Bruce, Hello Caitlyn". 

4 minutes ago, escape said:

But you're making the following sweeping generalizations:

#1) Everyone in the family knew (and understood) the transgender issue.  There is nothing factual to back any of this up. Tabloid gossip doesn't count.   And even if some suspected, Denial is a normal part of the transition. 

#2) Everyone in the family has acted as if they don't have any issues with the transition.  Not true, since Kris, Khloe have expressed publically the adjustments they have gone through.  Also Kendall and Kylie wanting to support their Dad (and protect her from hate), doesn't mean they didn't have any issues with it.

Edited by escape
(edited)

I think that Khloe is mad at her mom for financing Robs home because she wanted him to have to stay dependent on her for a place etc. which it seems (if the media stories were correct) that he no longer is. Maybe Rob is better cause he got away from Khloe and Lamar which I think was a big enabler and bad influence on Rob when they all lived together at beginning of Khloe and Lamars marriage.This is another reason why I find the way Kris loves Lamar strange even more so than just the normal reasons a mother should not act the way she does with her daughters exes. I have been told that sometimes co-dependent people are sicker than the addict sometimes.(Khloe)

Caitlyn is the worst and should be called out for the miserable sick cold person she is. Period. I dont care what may or may not have happened its no excuse for her bad behavior - two wrongs never make a right. Im so tired of everyone blasting Kris for making money on her daughter but no one ever mentions that Caitlyn/Bruce was there cashing in as well. She never was a good parent or person.

Edited by OnceSane
Please just use "she" when referring to Caitlyn
  • Love 1
On 5/4/2016 at 0:56 PM, jnymph said:

I don't understand Kris's empathy & help towards 2 men (Scott and Lamar) that have acted like assholes cheating on your daughters.   

I think in a way, she kind of enjoyed seeing Kourtney and Khloe in shit relationships. The two of them always preferred each other to her (and Kim) and I think she resents them for being disrespectful little shits to her. Kim, on the other hand, always deserves to be treated like the princess she is.  I also think at heart, Kris is about 17 years old and just lives for the drama.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, gotta watch said:

I'm ashamed to say I caught about 10 minutes of the latest episode. Kim looked a lot like .....Blac Chyna.

The blonde hair and the expressionless face, Kylies getting the same look. Who is copying who? 

• Love 3

It's one thing to copy someone's shoes, but Kim and Kylie really did look just like BC. I think partially it's just because the three of them have been so altered by plastic surgery none of them look like real humans anymore.

And the platinum wig was still better than that weird slicked back look that just looks greasy