Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E24: Toby Or Not Toby

Team Scorpion must outthink their unstable ex-Scorpion member, Mark Collins, after he kidnaps Toby and threatens to kill him unless his cunning demands are met.

Toby yelling at Walter at the end about him letting Paige walk out with a "big, sexy, muscled Navy SEAL" was hilarious.  

• Love 3

Of course Happy is married. And psycho knew about it because he predicted Happy would say no because she can't. Interesting.

Oh Walter, you idiot. At least he admitted to it. His scene with Toby at the end was great.

The episode flew by, probably because as said above, it wasn't as ridiculous as usual.

I caught some of this by accident; couldn't Walter have just broke the guys leg or something so he couldn't walk away? He had the pipe right there, he didn't need to kill him, if he didn't want to do that.

• Love 7

I love how Cabe just stood there watching as the keytar fell, and didn't even try to catch it.

On a more serious note, I was genuinely pleased that Happy wasn't willing to be damseled and did one take down tackle and one rescuer tackle, and that Cabe said her "not good" line this week.

• Love 1

The seasons ends with Walter driving down the road going after Paige? Not exactly the best season ending. I hope he doesn't find her.

They forced Happy/Toby/Walter/Paige so much.

I like Scott Porter's character and that they show he's not stupid compared to the others, but helpful. 

• Love 2

I caught some of this by accident; couldn't Walter have just broke the guys leg or something so he couldn't walk away? He had the pipe right there, he didn't need to kill him, if he didn't want to do that.

The likeliest trope, IMO, would be to knock him out with the pipe and have him wake up in jail with a bandaid on his forhead. But even that would damage Saint Walter's character too much.

And yet. Walter seems to forget what happened last time he sped off in Le Super Car. Maybe he thunked himself with the pipe?

Edited by shapeshifter

Yeah, I, too, didn't understand the dilemma of Walter there. "You can't hit me, Walter, because....you...uh...you can't hit me!" Just hit him! Fine, don't crush his skull, crack him in the knee (or whatever). Make it so he can't run away. So contrived. Couldn't they have just come up with something more legitimate where Walter really would have had to leave him to save Toby? 

• Love 2
On Tuesday, April 26, 2016 at 0:00 AM, Jack Kerouac said:

That episode was less ridiculous than usual. Happy's married plotline is stupid.

There seems to be starting a pattern of having the finale being about 1/2 of a couple in danger, prompting forward movement.

Maybe it didn't occur to Walter to hobble Mark?  I'm not sure about this because it seems to "deep" for this show but I wonder if it was on purpose to show that Mark was right; emotional Walter and genius Walter can't co-exist and in his worry about Toby the obvious solution of disable Mark until Toby is safe is something he never even thought of because he was distracted.

This would be a bad choice by the writers but...........is it possible that Mark knew Happy was married because she's married to him?  (That's just a thought please don't do that to us show!)

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, sigmaforce86 said:

This would be a bad choice by the writers but...........is it possible that Mark knew Happy was married because she's married to him?  (That's just a thought please don't do that to us show!)

That was my thought!

I wonder if they're going for a trend in finales--this is the 2nd finale with Walter, alone, in a car.

• Love 1

I wonder if they're going for a trend in finales--this is the 2nd finale with Walter, alone, in a car.

Totally. We were shouting at the tv "Dude! You had this plot already!"

I like Scott Porter's character and that they show he's not stupid compared to the others, but helpful.

Yes, it's great that a the non-geniuses on the team aren't treated like adorable pets. Cabe and the New Guy (he'll always be Jason Street to me) are level-headed, excellent at reading people, and quick to either help or get out of the way so that another team member can get the job done. 

I love how Cabe just stood there watching as the keytar fell, and didn't even try to catch it.

Dropped from that height, I don't know that he would have prevented it from shattering even if he did catch it--it would have only shortened the keytar's drop by six feet, and that's if he wasn't seriously injured by the impact.

The "I'm already married" thing is so overdone. I know Happy is emotionally gun-shy, but if she's gotten as close to Toby as they're implying, she would have told Toby about whatever the deal is with Mystery!Husband, be it he's in a coma, or missing, or whatever other TVLand reason there is she isn't with him but not divorced. It would have been hard for her, but I really believe she would have felt obligated to come clean with Toby before getting involved.

• Love 1

I assumed Mark is who Happy is married to just because, why would Mark know and not the others?  Anyway, I hope that's wrong but there really isn't any scenario in which it is a plot point - it's just stupid.  And, boy, was Happy cold as a fish in that scene after the song and proposal.  

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, Lee4U said:

why would Mark know and not the others

While I wouldn't put it past the writers to make Mark Happy's mystery hubs, it would make sense that Mark knew every little detail about Happy, b/c he had made it his obsession to study Toby and everything that was important to him, and Happy was important to Toby. And handwaving that Mark, like any other geek/genius in TVLand, can access any information on earth if he has an internet connection.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Reishe said:

And handwaving that Mark, like any other geek/genius in TVLand, can access any information on earth if he has an internet connection.

I have trouble finding, well pretty much anything, so I'm always impressed when, Scorpion find things on the fist keystroke. 

Happy is kind of a bitch about everything, so I'm glad Toby can't marry her. 

• Love 1

So, their backgrounds were not vetted by the government (Homeland Security, etc) before being engaged to participate in these highly sensitive "missions"?  There is a lot one can hand wave but any sort of even half ass security check would have revealed this bit of info about Happy; now, maybe they wouldn't share it with anyone but I have no doubt someone - their "leader" (can't recall his name right now) who assigns their missions would know their backgrounds.

I just chalk it up to stupid, last minute hijinks they threw in because - god forbid - a couple should get together too soon in TV land.

• Love 1

Happy is married, huh?  That's dumb.  I just really hope it isn't Mark, but the way he was talking to Toby made it sound like he wasn't just taunting Toby, but knew something he and everyone else didn't.  But I'm sure we'll find out all about it next season.

Yeah, I didn't understand why Walt didn't just cripple Mark or something, and then go help Toby.  Mark wouldn't have gotten very far with a broken leg.  You are off your game, Walt!

Other then Toby/Happy, I can't believe that the big cliffhanger is Walt rushing to this music festival to finally declare his feelings about Paige.  This entire relationship has been the cliched "Will they or won't they?" story, at every twist and turn.

I wonder if Scott Porter will actually be a regular next season or not.

• Love 1

At least, since Happy is a Souper Jeanyus, if she got married in Las Vegas and didn't know it was a legal marriage (like two women on other shows I can think of offhand), we will know it's a copout on the part of the writers.

There is a saying or law in psychology that you can't measure the intelligence of someone who is smarter than you are.  Apparently it is difficult to write for someone who is smarter than you are.  The writers are hitting many of the standard lazy tropes for this: have the characters use lots of jargon, give them quirks and neuroses, etc.

• Love 1
On April 29, 2016 at 9:46 PM, thuganomics85 said:

Other then Toby/Happy, I can't believe that the big cliffhanger is Walt rushing to this music festival to finally declare his feelings about Paige.  This entire relationship has been the cliched "Will they or won't they?" story, at every twist and turn.

Walt at a music festival is going to be amusing. Too bad it's jazz and not Coachella. ( Walt at Burning Man would be fun too)

• Love 1
On 4/27/2016 at 9:28 AM, sigmaforce86 said:

Maybe it didn't occur to Walter to hobble Mark?  I'm not sure about this because it seems to "deep" for this show but I wonder if it was on purpose to show that Mark was right; emotional Walter and genius Walter can't co-exist and in his worry about Toby the obvious solution of disable Mark until Toby is safe is something he never even thought of because he was distracted.

Exactly, the whole time Mark was taunting Walter, I was like, umm, how about just conk him on the head so he is unconscious?

• Love 1

This is one of my 'scream at the TV' things. Smash his head, knee or something you maroon.

It's right up there with 'there is a couple boats/cars and one hero is left with them while the others do something heroic. They run out and jump in the Boat/car and tear off. The BG's jump into the intact vehicle (s) and the chase is on. Arrrgh.