Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E19: Fast

It’s career day at Quantico as the NATS meet representatives from various FBI branches to help them decide their future paths. In the future, Alex continues to search for the terrorist, and in the process, discovers some familiar faces – including one who knows the terrorist’s endgame.

I will be very disappointed if Will is dead.

Drew, on the other hand, could not be gone soon enough.  His "Go to the doctor when I might be sick?  How dare you suggest that?!" storyline, similar to all his others, was a bore.

The twins' plot with Freedman the handler was the worst though.  Apparently you should trust strangers right away, even when they treat you badly ("I'll call you one and two" ... really?) and act shady!  Or  ... maybe you should not anyone at all.  I'm not sure, and this show doesn't seem to be either.

• Love 3

The twins' plot with Freedman the handler was the worst though.  Apparently you should trust strangers right away, even when they treat you badly ("I'll call you one and two" ... really?) and act shady!  Or  ... maybe you should not anyone at all.  I'm not sure, and this show doesn't seem to be either.

More of Quantico's life lessons.

• Love 3

Decided to check and see if this show got a) coherent and b) somewhat enteratining? It's no on both fronts, IMO.

The twins' plot with Freedman the handler was the worst though.  Apparently you should trust strangers right away, even when they treat you badly ("I'll call you one and two" ... really?) and act shady!

WTF was that? I wanted Nimah and Raina to beat the shit out of that handler. So much hate.

Edited by Gillian Rosh
  • Love 2

Can the hair & makeup team on this show win an Emmy? Everything else is bullshit. If anyone knows how to find Anjuane's lipstick in the "present" scene with Shelby, I'd really appreciate it. Her look was the MVP of this episode. 

Edited by sarkygal
  • Love 5

Why is the FBI still letting Alex into the building? All her superiors seem to hate her, she is constantly getting yelled at, and doesn't seem to have any actual work to do. And if she does, she is ignoring whatever her assignment is and doing whatever she wants. 

So it has only been 6 days since Natalie died and her mother comes all the way to NYC and to her boss to find out where she is? That seems kind of soon for that kind of reaction. Maybe she was just really busy with her job in the FBI?

What was with Alex telling Miranda that Shelby had been helping her parents for 15 years? Shelby gave them money but because she was tricked into it.

How did I like this show so much in the fall, and find it so awful now?

• Love 8

For me, it was somewhat more entertaining as a trainwreck, it's just boring and dumber now.

Can the hair & maakeup team on this show win an Emmy? Everything else is bullshit. If anyone knows how to find Anjuane's lipstick in the "present" scene with Shelby, I'd really appreciate it. Her look was the MVP of this episode.

They're the only ones pulling the weight around there.

• Love 2

So, what was the point of Drew, exactly?  Just proof that Alex is attached to assholes or something?  Because I wasn't sure if I was suppose to feel bad for but, but I certainly didn't.  This wasn't some minor thing.  Whatever was going with him, it clearly could be a danger to anyone he was on the field with, and if anything, Alex was wrong to wait as long as she did, because it really looked like he could have injured himself and her during the training exercise.  So, him ranting at her at the end and her looking guilty, was just so stupid.

Nimah and Raina's stuff was just as dumb.  Their handler acts like an asshole and basically acts like an asshole version of Mr. Miyagi ("First you must polish the guns!  Polish the guns, I say!"), and they find what looks like money and drugs, so they complain to Liam, Liam tells them it was all a "test" to see if they would be loyal to him, and the guy is all "I may be ancient new, but remember that you can be too!  So, don't just use your skills to take on terrorism!"  OK, then.

No surprise, Caleb was working an undercover operation with Clayton the entire time, but since it was off the books, they are telling Shelby and the rest that he went out on his own and got corrupted (again), so Clayton had to pull him out of the FBI to "get help."

Meanwhile, back in present time, turns out Shelby was also being threaten, so she and Alex are now teaming up, and it leads them to a church where Will shows up and a) looks like the baddies are making a nuclear bomb now and b) Will seems to be dying from radiation, I guess.  What are they going to do?!  I'm sure it will be stupid!!

No Battle of the Hairs for this one, since I was too busy distracted by the eye-liner Shelby was sporting in the present.

• Love 1

Random thought:  Did Agents Beaman and Aderholt go through this same academy?

I liked the reference back to the bomb in the lectern.  Not because it was smart, because it poked at their collective IQ or lack thereof.

Dit dit dah dah dah...."Be sure to always drink your Ovaltine." 

Another scene:  "You don't have clearance to be in here."  "But I dropped in to see my friend."  "Oh, okay, here's what we're doing in this high security area."

• Love 4

So Sistemics is actually Scientology meets the Militia Movement? Interesting.

I'm so tired of the flashbacks. At this point they are useless.

You know who this show needs? Denise from Scream Queens. And Chad.

• Love 3
If anyone knows how to find Anjuane's lipstick in the "present" scene with Shelby, I'd really appreciate it. Her look was the MVP of this episode.

Now this is the truth. She looked amazing in this ep.

Edited by Gillian Rosh
  • Love 1

At this point, I honestly believe the writers expected the show to be cancelled after it's initial 13 episode order.  When it wasn't cancelled, they panicked and have been winging it ever since leading to a lot of incoherent story telling and filler so they can make it to the season finale. 

• Love 6

I finally have figured out who the voice is. It's Putin who together with aliens wants to invade New York, close down every hair salon in the city and destroy all the shampoo supplies. Girls of Quantico with bad hair, that would be a real act of terror. And yes, they definitely have to deactivate that nuclear treat, radiation makes one bald. 

(Now even recaps make no sense anymore.) 

Edited by skotnikov
  • Love 3

Another thing - why is Alex so trusting?  You would think after everything she's been through this season, it would take more than Shelby tapping out Morse Code to make her think "Oh, never mind. Shelby's innocent."  

Yet another pointless and confusing episode.  The only thing that is clear as day to me is how much I despise Ryan and how much I despise Alex.

Is Will dead?  He was really the only one I liked.

The storyline of the frumpy handler of Nimah and Raina was beyond ridiculous.  So they complain, and then they get a female handler who instantly takes a shine to them.  I have no idea what the point of this was.

So I think the show is trying to make it look like Drew Perales is the disgruntled Voice.  Couldn't care less.

The storyline of the frumpy handler of Nimah and Raina was beyond ridiculous.  So they complain, and then they get a female handler who instantly takes a shine to them.  I have no idea what the point of this was.

Re: the handler- I think it was the other way.  The "frumpy" handler took a shine to the twins and wanted to teach them something more than counter-terrorism.  He wanted to give them skills to have longevity in the FBI rather than being pigeon-holed into undercover arabic counter-terrorism projects.  The twins only realized what he was doing, and how it was good for them, after he left and then the female handler gave them just the assignment to look into arabic plots against the US- and then they realized that with her they would be stuck in one category of the FBI.

So the point was that they should have listened to him and not jump to conclusions about what he was trying to do or teach them.  The usual hubris-irony plot that shows like to have.  Pride goeth before fall.

Was the guy Alex hooked up with in a bar in the first episode of the second half of the season Drew?  Is that going to be a "thing" going forward; Alex has sex with a guy she just met and *SURPRISE* she ends up having to work with him???

I think the guy Alex hooked up with in the bar was just a mark- she was hooking up with him to get his ID or cell phone or something like that.  It wasn't Drew to the best of my memory.

On a shallow note, I dig Caleb with glasses and slicked back hair.  And the casting is good- he is a very believable son of Marcia Cross and Mark Pellegrino.  

• Love 3

If you've ever been to Venice beach or Vegas and seen a street performer try to get a crowd all full of energy, promising he's about to eat glass or walk on coals yet keeps changing the subject or asking a crowd member about his or her self, adding to the build up, at some point it becomes clear he's never going to do this amazing act and people start walking away even tho they have already put a dollar in his hat. This show is that guy. Twist, turn, fake out. Come on. Eat the damn glass already.

Edited by Adusk81
  • Love 4
...and then the female handler gave them just the assignment to look into arabic plots against the US-

Which, in real life, just might make sense, as in - We have two people fluent in Arabic and familiar with Arabic culture, and there's a definite problem with terrorism both in and out of the US (the reasons for which belong in another post), soooo, let's have them do cyber security, or bank robbery.  Let's put the NFL guy on the JTTF, oh, wait, he's gone.  Somebody, anybody, preferably without a clue, please step up.

So the point was that they should have listened to him and not jump to conclusions about what he was trying to do or teach them. The usual hubris-irony plot that shows like to have. Pride goeth before fall.

To be fair though he could have sat them down and, you know, talked to them plainly. "I think we also need to be making sure you're not going to be pigeon-holed into Arabic anti-terrorism for good so I'll be training you on other skills".

• Love 2

This show is a mess, and I'm not sure I'll continue to watch next season.  The flashbacks used to be semi-interesting, but then they shoved a bunch of newbies (who I mostly don't care about) on us, so now flashbacks suck just as much as present-day stuff.  It won't surprise me if we get some convoluted bullshit reveal in the finale.   

On April 25, 2016 at 1:46 AM, Dowel Jones said:

Random thought:  Did Agents Beaman and Aderholt go through this same academy?

I was about to say no, but then I remembered that Stan is oblivious to two Soviet spies living right across the dadgum street.

So I'm revising my theory to yes, but Aderholt clearly got some decent training elsewhere first.

• Love 4

Nimah and Raina's stuff was just as dumb.  Their handler acts like an asshole and basically acts like an asshole version of Mr. Miyagi ("First you must polish the guns!  Polish the guns, I say!"), and they find what looks like money and drugs, so they complain to Liam, Liam tells them it was all a "test" to see if they would be loyal to him, and the guy is all "I may be ancient new, but remember that you can be too!  So, don't just use your skills to take on terrorism!"  OK, then.

I really disliked this.  I feel like there are much better ways for him to have tried to do what he did that didn't involve treating the twins like crap, and then making it seem like it was their fault for not trusting him.  I just wanted to be like: "You want to know why the twins didn't trust you?  Because you were openly hostile towards them from the moment you met!  That's not a confidence booster!"  

• Love 1
On 4/25/2016 at 3:02 AM, mertensia said:

You know who this show needs? Denise from Scream Queens. And Chad.

Preach. Denise brings the sleuthing and sass and Chad brings the model hot bod.

The thing is I like the actress that plays Alex but I don't find Alex a compelling lead character at the moment. She's running around like a chicken with her head cut off, suspicious of someone until she isn't, and a puppet of 'The Voice'. I find everyone else and their situations a lot more interesting. That's the drama, this current group, once classmates, all in wildly unexpected places in their lives than what we and they expected at Quantico.

I'm liking the focus of the ensemble weaved in and out of the conspiracy and the idea of all their personal side missions that inform but the writing needs to be better. Also I find Ryan a lot more compelling -both professionally and potentially personally- paired with the twins. I found his ex-wife and their relationship interesting and oddly Caleb and Shelby are the 'romantic couple' to root for and not Alex and Ryan. Money says Shelby or Caleb will die for realsies at the end of the season to give the other a revenge storyline.

My guess is season 2 is totally going to be the gang will have to go back to Quantico and pose undercover as instructors in order sniff out traitors in the new class that are the next phase of the events of season 1.