Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E20: Fashionable Crimes

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, AntiBeeSpray said:

I was wondering about that.

IRL Richard Belzer (Munch) had testicular cancer in 1983 and then his older brother jumped 16 stories to his death in 2014.  The death alone would take a toll, but I'm wondering if the cancer has returned.  He actually looks like someone who has cancer. :-(

16 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

IRL Richard Belzer (Munch) had testicular cancer in 1983 and then his older brother jumped 16 stories to his death in 2014.  The death alone would take a toll, but I'm wondering if the cancer has returned.  He actually looks like someone who has cancer. :-(

Damn :(. That isn't good. I hope it hasn't. I could see how the latter would affect someone too.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Dot Com said:

So anyone know why Carisi was referring to Noah as "Lou" when taking pictures on the Carousel? 

He was referring to Olivia.  LIEU  as in Lieutenant.

• Love 2
On 5/5/2016 at 11:18 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

I'm so impressed with this show, and the people behind it, and the people who write for it, calling out Terry Richardson like this.

When I heard the Gaga song playing during the opening scene, I legit started slow clapping. They weren't even trying for subtle.

Damn, they so underused Munch, what a disappointment.  I'm laying all blame in the NBC hype monkeys.

Barba was in fine snark form, but I kinda loved how his Vonnegut quote fell flat.  He looked so proud! And Liv was so confused! 

God damn, Carisi is just too perfect for words.

• Love 8

I'm kinda surprised though the House of Gilbert went for that young lawyer who I think I last saw on young Darius' case. I would think with all of their power and money, they would go to either Calhoun or Buchanan. Especially Buchanan, since this is right up his alley.

• Love 2

Right? I mean, this woman could ruin you, just burn you to the ground--and that's what she did by handing over all her camera files of, like, ten assaults? Why insult somebody who's so dangerous to you with shitty lawyering? That's what happens when you go swanning around all "AHHH-RT! Art for art's sake and Alvin's a GENIUS and you're his MUSE so of COURSE you won't mind having your life trashed and going to jail! Silly peasant!" to somebody who literally has a box full of skeletons with your name on them.

• Love 5

I'm so impressed with this show, and the people behind it, and the people who write for it, calling out Terry Richardson like this.  I'm incredibly disheartened to see celebrities who can make a difference like Jennifer Aniston or Kate Hudson work with him.  There is no feasible way TR could possibly be more powerful than THEY are so how can they stoop so low as to work with such trash?  Do they not have a conscience?

I pay so much attention to fashion that it always (very sadly) seemed like a niche/fringe issue only the really fashion obsessed were aware of.

For those who many not know about the accusations against TR just Google.....  my respect for this show has climbed immensely.  

I feel like Fisher Stevens has had the lollipop head thing going for awhile, no?

Here's model Lakshmi Menon's response to whether she does nudes or not:

I agree! And I thought about Yolanda Foster´s daughter Bella, she has been doing disgusting photo shoots with TR recently, yet her mother is always going on and on about how she loves her kids yada yada. I don´t see it, if she "allows" her 18 year old to be almost nude in a room with that sicko. It´s so creepy how these people will literally do anything and even make their kids do anything for some fame or attention.

• Love 1
On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 3:22 PM, slowpoked said:

They have enough ammo to use the classic "Who would believe you?" defense because they have built enough goodwill with the people that matter.

Ugh, it kills me that these things still happen. I think sexual assault in the fashion industry is probably one of the more underreported statistics in sexual assault cases as a whole just because of this whole power tripping thing. 

I'm going with emphasis on the "power" part more than the fashion industry part.  ~50 women asked "who would ever believe me?" about Bill Cosby.  I bet you could round up groups of  commis chefs and political interns and untenured professors with the same sad secret.  So, so still happening.  I hate it too.

• Love 4

Man, Fisher Stevens just gets skeevier with age, doesn't he?  He's about five years away from Gollum.

I always mix him up with Brad Dourif!  Both play creepy sorts very well.

I did not like that the victim's smile on the conveniently captured camera footage of the murder IMMEDIATELY spelled out "My brother shot me."  It makes more sense that he'd be expressing fake happiness to see the Sandrine Holt character than that he'd get a big grin on his face for the bro he just saw five minutes ago.  Or maybe for one of those half-naked models wandering out for a smoke and a career-boosting rape.

Well, yeah, I thought it would be her too.  That smile looked like, "Nora!  You're out of jail........" *BANG* Oops......

Wait, was Nora still in jail (for the photos) at the time of the shooting?  I forget.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, ethalfrida said:

I do not understand why Munch is off the show.  He is clearly an asset and awesome actor.

18 hours ago, Snookums said:

I believe he's been ill and couldn't take the workload.

My understanding was that Belzer and Dann Florek were both casualties of cost cutting and the network wanting to go younger. As for why Belzer hasn't been back more often that probably has to do with his health, his brother's suicide, and other personal issues.

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, wknt3 said:

My understanding was that Belzer and Dann Florek were both casualties of cost cutting and the network wanting to go younger. As for why Belzer hasn't been back more often that probably has to do with his health, his brother's suicide, and other personal issues.

Okay. I did not realize he had personal concerns. Thank you...

• Love 1

I kind of didn't get what Nora's story was supposed to be. So she's in awe of this guy, but taking pictures of him raping women is pretty extreme. Are we supposed to think she was raped by him too? And then her character's story was just sort of dropped once she agreed to...do something? Testify? I think. I'm not sure. It felt very disjointed to me.

• Love 1
On May 9, 2016 at 9:21 PM, ethalfrida said:

I do not understand why Munch is off the show.  He is clearly an asset and awesome actor.

On May 9, 2016 at 10:32 PM, Snookums said:

I believe he's been ill and couldn't take the workload.

On this Youtube video of 1.4 of Homicide: Life on the Street, near the end, about the 39 minute mark, is youngish Richard Belzer, as Munch, singing karaoke to "Mac the Knife": https://youtu.be/fo6EoZoGqvI

• Love 3

Munch! Munch babysitting! That was the best part, hands down. How I've missed that paranoid pain in the ass!

Uncle Munch! hee.  That was awesome.  And also, Barba. ((Swoon))

This made me laugh right out loud. (and empathize.) @Sarah D. Bunting

Revelations About The Continuing Characters' Personal Lives That We Should Remember Going Forward

Jr. has a black-sheep bro. Carisi is adding photography to his hobbies list along with cooking and adorbling. Munch babysits, and when he's not doing that he's...well, we don't really know. He went to work in the DA's office but that isn't mentioned here, only that he found out "there's more to life than SVU" and he's glad Liv found that out too. Noah has a sweet haircut and his "bye Munch!" caused my left ovary to self-incinerate. No mention of the outcome of Fin's date, or of Tucker.