Type keyword(s) to search

Season 34 Spoilers & Rumors

loki567
  • Start Topic

I had seen that Mana will be Hali, Sierra, Debbie, Brad, Tai, Caleb, and the green tribe is Cirie, Sarah, Andrea, Ozzy, Zeke and Troyzan.  If Mana loses that boot list better be right about Caleb going, because I don't see Hali getting Debbie/Sierra/Brad/Tai on her side.

And someone from the green tribe is likely going to find an idol tonight.  BTW, didn't Redmond use to post the swapped tribes in the past?  I know he won't go into specific game spoilers, but I thought he posted at least that.

ETA: yep, those are the divisions.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1

Some people are speculating she gets rocked out, since she was the only one seen making a comment about that after Jeff made the announcement last week.  Don't know if that's true, but perhaps she was the lone hold out in not wanting to flip the vote and winds up paying for it.  

Based on Brad's edit, I'd say he stands a chance.  Last week with his saying he'd ask "What Would Monica Do?" and now this week showing him trying to liven up the camp and talking about how he and Monica decorated their home together...looks to me like they're aiming at some sort of redemption arc for him after his first appearance.  Not so sure about Troyzan's to this point.

So if both losing tribes are going to tribal council next episode, then the boot order that was most recently posted here is not quite so accurate because according to it, the next three boots are on the same tribe...which we now know is not possible.  Interesting...maybe there's hope for that final three being wrong after all.

Edited by wallflower75
  • Love 1

Trozan 'randomly' finds a clue to the an immunty idol that just so happens to be applicable to the next immunity challenge

The immunity idol  is "randomly" stored only on Trozan's tribe puzzle table.  (So on one else could 'randomly' find one at their station.)

'randomly' = without producer intervention or knowledge

What a set of coincidence.

• Love 2

So there's a double boot next week, with the two losing tribes going to TC.  Since Malcolm and JT are supposed to be on the next two boots, yet on the same tribe, I'm guessing the list is off?  In fact, it's all nuNuku members that are next to go.  Something must be off with the list.

There was a boot list floating around that had Ozzy as a pre merger, and JT making the merge.  I'm wondering if that one is in fact accurate.  Could be they were starting to set Ozzy up tonight with his comments about the tribe needing to keep him around, on top of being stuck with Cirie.

Though the thought of losing Malcolm and Ozzy in the same episode, but JT sticking around, makes me even more sour on this season.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 2

The only way they could both go -- Malcolm and J.T., I mean -- is if the tribe does something someone just tossed about on Sucks: volunteering to just vote twice instead.  And Probst does look shocked about something in the preview for next week, so maybe that's it.

• Love 2

I've seen speculation that both losing tribes go to tribal council at the same time and only vote one person off. This may be people clinging to the bootlist and just hoping it is still right but honestly would be surprised if Jeff threw a twist like this.

(As far as I could tell Jeff only said both losing tribes were going to TC, he didn't say two people were voted off. I would also add that previews are almost always misleading)

Edited by LanceM
  • Love 1

The only way I could see them throwing in that twist is because they weren't liking how the votes were going, so they do this as a last ditch effort to maybe get a weak, invisible player out.  Or maybe they really want Brad to have an easy time coasting to the end, so they set it up for all the threats to go early.

I do agree it seems like people are desperate to believe the boot list.  Quite honestly, I'd rather that be the case, because I was nervous enough for Hali tonight.  Would rather live with the idea that she goes far into the game!  But it seems weird that they'd have two tribes vote out one person.  Maybe Jeff will clarify tomorrow.  

Honestly, I could see Malcolm getting idoled out JT, then the nuNuku tribe deciding to get him out before he can find the re-buried idol.  That theory makes more sense.  My feeling is Jeff's expression is just someone says something outrageous at TC.  Maybe someone openly flips on their alliance, or pulls a Malcolm and pulls the idol out right then and there.

Edited by LadyChatts
On 3/13/2017 at 9:44 AM, Special K said:

Haha!  I was trying to figure out your Wagner reference!

I was too. I even googled.  I was prepared to be impressed!  lol

• Love 3

I'm willing to wait and see what happens next week, because Probst phrased things a bit differently.  He said two tribes are going to Tribal Council, but he didn't necessarily say that two people are getting voted out.  I just think SurvivorsUnite knows something we don't.  He's been really slow in giving things out.

• Love 2

I'm honestly hoping it is not two tribes go to TC, and one person is voted off.  That's pathetic.  But if it does happen, and the boot list remains intact, I can see why this season goes the way it does.  

The thing is, this person already shared spoilers that everyone knew.  The only thing different was that JT was not out 3rd as rumored, but the pre merge as been known for months.  And I can by someone being flipped with another person.  So we'll see.  Since this season started late, maybe they have to do double boots to speed it along.  

Edited by LadyChatts

So SurvivorsUnite is posting over at Sucks right now and he claims that Malcolm is going home next week and that he is the only one going home. He didn't give any details as to how this happens. So we shall wait and see. So far he is 3 for 3.

Edited by LanceM
  • Love 1

Well, one thing I do believe-Jeff wasn't kidding about this season starting slowly.  Everyone seems so afraid to make a move.  Malcolm going home isn't going to make it any better for me.  And seeing the post merge, I'm just not excited about that final 4.  I do hope Hali makes it far.  I feel like Aubry is going to wind up being a disappointment that came back too early, and if the boot list holds up, Michaela is an early merge boot, which disappoints me.   

• Love 3
3 hours ago, my tiffany said:

Trozan 'randomly' finds a clue to the an immunty idol that just so happens to be applicable to the next immunity challenge

The immunity idol  is "randomly" stored only on Trozan's tribe puzzle table.  (So on one else could 'randomly' find one at their station.)

Probably all camps have hidden immunity idol clues. However, the producers would only put the hidden immunity idol out on a challenge if someone from that camp had found the clue, as the clue is for the very next challenge. The other camps idols weren't put out, because no one from the camp found the clue. It was the same thing that happened during Second Chances. 

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

Personally, I wouldn't call the past 3 episodes "amazing".

So it looks like that Sucks poster is probably right then, if that's all we're getting from Jeff.

Well, SurvivorsUnite just said what I was expecting.  Only one person is still going home.

I wonder if it goes down like this?

1. All three tribes compete for immunity.
2. The first tribe wins immunity.
3. The two losing tribes go to Tribal Council.
4. Probst springs a twist on them: they'll both compete in a second Immunity Challenge, just the two of their tribes.
5. The winning tribe gets the other immunity and is sent back to camp immediately.
6. The losing tribe remains behind and proceeds with the normal Tribal Council.
7. The fourth person gets voted out.

Could be.  You never know.

9 hours ago, my tiffany said:

Nothing random about it. Each tribe has a hidden clue somewhere around their camp. If someone finds it, production puts the idol somewhere on their next challenge. Every person out there has a camera person following them 24/7. It's how this game works.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, ForeverAlone said:

Probably all camps have hidden immunity idol clues. However, the producers would only put the hidden immunity idol out on a challenge if someone from that camp had found the clue, as the clue is for the very next challenge. The other camps idols weren't put out, because no one from the camp found the clue. It was the same thing that happened during Second Chances. 

IIRC, you also cannot claim an idol that you just "stumbled" upon. So you have to have a clue first before you can lay claim on the idol. I remember on SC, Jeremy said that on his second idol, the one that he had to find in the woods, that production set it up so that no one else but Jeremy can get it. That if anyone else accidentally happens to see it, production will "intervene" so that the idol will not go to someone who didn't find the clue to it first.

Agreed - really do not like that rule if it's true (not doubting you, slowpoked, just the source).

So what if each member of an alliance took turns walking by and trying to pick up the idol to suss out who had the clue - would production stop them every time? Kind of ruins the mystery. Also, wonder what "intervene" means in this case.

• Love 2

I guess my understanding is they don't hide it until the person goes looking for it?  Or if they find the clue hidden at the challenge.  This season, according to Probst, idols will even be hidden at TC.  If anyone was going to accidentally stumble across it, that would be the place. 

Although, during WA, Joe was the one who actually had the clue to the idol.  He did share it with Tyler, but Mike overheard them and found it first.

I miss the days where the clue could be somewhere obvious that everyone could find it.  I re-watched HvsV, and the clue for the idol was hidden in a reward each tribe got.  And everyone saw it.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, Sugar said:

Agreed - really do not like that rule if it's true (not doubting you, slowpoked, just the source).

Oh for sure, no worries. The details are hazy now, but I remember Jeremy explaining something to the effect of how the idol was only for him. Because the second idol was hanging out in the open like a lantern, right, and not exactly hidden like in the pockets of stems or roots of trees. So anyone can easily walk by it, look at it, and see that it's an idol and get it.

I don't know how the production can intervene either. Like, tell the player they cannot get the idol? So the player will know that there's an idol out there earmarked for somebody but now who exactly?

In Cagayan, didn't Woo steal Spencer's clue? I forgot what happened afterwards if Woo did indeed find the idol or the idol still ended up with Spencer.

6 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

I think it's stupid that you have to have the clue to find the idol.  I get not stealing it from someone, but if you stumble across it, why not?  Should be finders keepers.

6 hours ago, Sugar said:

So what if each member of an alliance took turns walking by and trying to pick up the idol to suss out who had the clue - would production stop them every time? Kind of ruins the mystery. Also, wonder what "intervene" means in this case.

Meh.  I'm good with that.  I think of it as a challenge set up for the finder of the clue.  Hence why they don't let anyone else go for it.  The person who found it, found out, so it's his or her challenge to take.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

I guess my understanding is they don't hide it until the person goes looking for it? 

Sure - but IMHO once an idol has been hidden it should be considered "in play" and open to harvest by any player.  Heck, the player who found the clue already has a near-insurmountable advantage; if they can't capitalize on that advantage, then that's on them.

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Sure - but IMHO once an idol has been hidden it should be considered "in play" and open to harvest by any player.  Heck, the player who found the clue already has a near-insurmountable advantage; if they can't capitalize on that advantage, then that's on them.

Exactly.  Quite honestly, what's the point of hiding the clue?  Why not just hide the idol?  People are going to be digging around anyway.  I could see giving them a clue if it was a hidden at a challenge-but I also wish they weren't so obvious about it, either.  Especially during returning player season.  I seriously think they make these seasons easier, but then throw in a lot of stupid twists like what we may potentially be seeing next week with two separate tribes voting one person off.

During S31, when Jeff said the idols would be hidden at the challenges, he made it sound like it was going to be more complicated and daring.  Perhaps even effecting the person's ability to concentrate and making their team lose as a result.  But eh.  Only difference is you're at a challenge instead of camp.  The risk of getting caught is certainly greater, but so far, I think Kelley Wentworth is the only one who had a near miss opportunity with getting the first idol during S31.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1

Could someone refresh my memory about the idol that Scot and Jason wound up with in Kaoh Rong?  Because for some reason, I thought the girl they bullied had the original clue but wasn't able to access everything she needed to get the idol, which is how they ended up with it.  Kind of puts a hole in the whole "they set it up so the person with the clue is the only person who can get the idol"...unless there's an exception where they want to create drama.

What I think happens with idols:

A clue is hidden at each camp stating that the idol can be found at the next challenge (with diagram), etc. If one or more people find a clue then the idol is placed at that team's challenge set. If no one finds a clue, no idols are placed at the challenge.

While the challenge takes place, production removes the unfound clues and replaces them with clues to find an idol at the next challenge. No contestants are at their camps during that time.  I don't think there will be clues for an idol at tribal council until the merge takes place. I wouldn't be surprised if idols and idol clues were hidden during reward and immunity challenges since it's guaranteed none of the contestants will be around during those times.

• Love 4

There's a new preview I posted in the Speculation thread.  Judging from Tai's "there's going to be fireworks tonight", it sounds like Mana likely loses again (poor Hali).  I could see old Nuku (including JT) banding together and someone flipping (like Hali, who wants to try and stay in the good graces of her new tribe) to get Malcolm out.  In one of the extra videos this week, Sierra said she was glad her tribe lost immunity, because it meant JT and Troyzan were safe on their new respective tribes.  So old Nuku likely is sticking together if they wind up at TC together. 

I hope this twist isn't something stupid, like the last two tribes to finish go to TC, but the very last tribe to finish is the only one that could be voted for.  Yes, I can see the show doing that.

I do wonder what has Probst so excited and speechless.  Unless idols suddenly start falling from the sky and they come into play in a big way, I don't know if it's going to be much.  Could just be what someone says.

Yeah if that is not misdirection with Tai and Mana does go with Nuku to tribal than there is no doubt in my mind that Hali votes for Malcolm.  It would be the smart play for her.  She can't afford to weaken her tribe(or hope for another swap)  by voting out Brad (who I assume would be the target) because all that would do is ensure she gets voted out next week when Mana most likely loses immunity and they vote her out.  By voting out Malcolm it weakens that tribe and gives Mana a better chance to win immunity next week and it might win her some loyalty points from her tribe and possibly get her to move out from the bottom where she is now. But we will see. I honestly wouldn't be shocked if that Tai clip is misdirection and its the other two tribes that go.

Edited by LanceM
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

I do wonder what has Probst so excited and speechless.  Unless idols suddenly start falling from the sky and they come into play in a big way, I don't know if it's going to be much.  Could just be what someone says.

I suddenly have a visual of all these idols raining down on camp and conking everyone on the head (including Jeff).

• Love 2

If two tribes go to TC but only can vote for player on one tribe, the losing IC tribe, then I'd think the winning IC tribe would be the other tribe to go and not the second winning IC tribe. Because I would think it a benefit to be the tribe to go to TC to vote on another tribe.

The last purported boot list was divided btw Caleb, JT and Malcom.  So.....I'm going to assume it will either be JT or Malcom this time.  Not sure who to root for, who would give better game?  JT's raft stranding was pretty good.  

I wonder if they do something like give the tribes a choice - say......one tribe can unimously agree to vote off someone  and get some great thing or not.  The discussion could be revealing

Edited by Giesela
  • Love 1

I think "two tribes go to TC" will be both tribes going to the same TC, with the "winning" tribe (i.e. the one that came in second at the IC) will just watch the losing tribe send someone home. In early Survivor, didn't they do something like that (maybe with only a couple of players)--watch another tribe at TC to see the dynamics of the other tribe?

Yes they have done the one tribe goes to TC to watch the other tribe vote someone out.  This twist is different though. Here the two tribes are going to tribal and all 11 or 12 members will participate and vote one person out.  That person can be from either tribe.

• Love 1

Looks like the CBS interns are at it again, uploading a behind the scenes challenge that isn't happening this week and is designed to be a 5 on 5 on 5 challenge. In other words no member of NuMana is going home this week.  Not that we didn't know this already due to the spoilers.

2 hours ago, LanceM said:

Looks like the CBS interns are at it again, uploading a behind the scenes challenge that isn't happening this week and is designed to be a 5 on 5 on 5 challenge.

What makes you say this?  The tribes are at 5, 6 and 6.  This challenge could be run this week with one person each from Blue and Green could be sitting out.  And the other previewed challenge specifically states it is a reward challenge only.  So this could be the upcoming IC that sends two tribes to TC.

ETA:  Never mind.  I looked at the episode preview again and saw the blindfolded challenge.  That would be the IC in question, and not this one.  This challenge will likely be in the 4th episode. 

And agreed, by logic, Mana will finally win an IC.  Amusingly that the first time Orange doesn't go to TC, every other tribe does.

I haven't gotten the tribe names down, are Malcom and JT going to be at Tribal?

I tried to check Reddit last night for anything new but didn't see anything.  But I get sort of lost on Reddit so that isn't definitive, I might have missed something. 

Edited by Giesela

Nuku is Sandra/Michaela/Aubry/Varner/Malcolm/JT

Mana is Hali/Sierra/Debbie/Tai/Brad

Green tribe (whose name I don't remember) is Ozzy/Zeke/Troyzan/Sarah/Andrea/Cirie

If the boot list proves accurate, Nuku is going to TC tonight with Malcolm going home.  Not entirely sure who the other tribe is that loses (many are saying Mana), but two tribes are going and voting one person off.

I'm starting to see how this boot list is going to happen.  Unlike the woman kicking ass at the merge like I was hoping, looks like Brad and Troyzan are going to run things.  They get rid of Ozzy early for threatening their alpha status (him talking repeatedly this season about being a provider is going to end up being his downfall).  Idol plays and maybe a rock draw may explain some of the order.

There were rumors about pre-game alliances being really strong and holding together this season, and I guess that was right.  I can also see how they are setting Sandra up for a downfall.

ETA: Now JT's boot next week makes total sense.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1

Do you know who the strong pre game alliance s are?

Boy Sandra just screwed JT with all her running the show confidence they have no idol.  Make her pay!

Next Weeks immunity challenge

gilligan island.jpg

Edited by Giesela
  • Love 4
30 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

ETA: Now JT's boot next week makes total sense.

Yep.  The tribe thinks he betrayed them.  I don't know about that, though--it seemed to me like he was kind of stunned when the vote went down. I think he genuinely thought they'd vote out Sandra.

I'll say this for how this episode was edited--even though I couldn't resist the spoilers and knew who was going home, it had me on the edge of my seat thinking it might wind up being Sandra tonight.

• Love 1

He obviously didn't know Tai had an idol, and would stupidly play it on someone instead of saving it for himself.  I think he thought he'd do the loyal thing to his old tribe and tell them who they were voting for, yet someone from that side would still go.  Whether he expected they were going for Sandra or not I don't know.  

He looked ready to throw up, so him doing damage control next week will be interesting.

Edited by LadyChatts