Type keyword(s) to search

Season 34 Spoilers & Rumors

loki567
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

Probst is president of the Boston Rob fanclub. A club with only one member.....

When they said "returning player" I immediately thought of BRob, to my chagrin.  Like maybe it's some kind of 'perk' for the winning team to get to spend time with him and pick his brain or something.  I would love to see what Sandra makes of that.  Can't think of any other reason, unless Probst is auditioning him as a replacement.

2 hours ago, piequinn35 said:

Wow that bootlist is effing true! I don't know who to root for in the f3 Sarah-Brad-Troy. :/

Well, if Troy goes on to win with that F3, I will laugh hard that it all began with Sarah's awkward, stumble-bum ploy to draw him into an alliance because she's "bored."

And color me surprised, but as this season is playing out, at this point, I would not hate it if Brad won.  He's got game this time and not just on the challenges.

Still would prefer Troy to win of that three.  I never hated him like so many others.  Sarah, I'm kind of meh. 

• Love 4

I would be okay with Brad. Indifferent to Sarah, because I know nothing about her; I didn't watch much of her season. I would hate a Troy win. The only way I would be happy with Troy going far was if it was alongside Sandra in their pre-game alliance. Since that doesn't happen, yuck. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

No one out of the original group is listed on the boot list, so I'm guessing the person on the boat is there for brain picking.

Brain picking??  If I was going to pick ANY Survivor's brain, it would be Sandra's because she won twice.  And the second time, it was against people who had played before and knew how everything worked.  I would not be interested in picking the brain of a player who took four attempts before he won once, and that was against a bunch of newbies.

• Love 7

JT mentioned Andrea and Cirie being on the bottom of OldNuku in one of his interviews today.  Given the tight alliance of Sierra/Brad/Tai/Debbie (until she goes rogue again), plus Brad and Sierra's pre-game with Troyzan, I can almost believe the merge order that was speculated is probably pretty true.  Hali/Michaela/Cirie/Andrea may make up the minority alliance that gets both picked off, and manages to slide by with an occasional idol play or flip flopper.  Since I don't think Aubry will vote with Michaela, she'll probably side with the majority, as will Zeke and Ozzy.

In terms of the winner, Brad is really looking damn good, but I feel like he's peaking too soon.  But it's possible they are setting him as a possible robbed finalist, where it's Kaoh Rong 2.0 in terms of who should have won vs who actually won.  Sarah getting that soundbite and showing her going to Troyzan could be the start of something for her.  From what little we've seen of Sarah this season, I still don't like her.

11 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

Sarah getting that soundbite and showing her going to Troyzan could be the start of something for her.  From what little we've seen of Sarah this season, I still don't like her.

I don't know if I like Sarah, but I do at least appreciate that she's trying to be more proactive this go-round rather than be constantly played and led around by the nose like she was by Tony in Cagayan.

• Love 1

We've got an episode title of "What Happened on Exile Stays on Exile". I thought it was next week, but I realized last night that my cable provider has the next two episodes up, so it's in two weeks. It makes me feel like something important happens out there. 

Maybe the returning visitor (Boston Rawb) goes to exile with the exilee to provide strategic tips?  Look for an advantage?

I never saw a bootlist that didn't end with JT....because Sandra goes next? and she's the leak so.....  Is there one?

Edited by Giesela

I have to 'fess up to some Boston Rahb love.  He was manipulative and controlling, but he did it with that twinkle in his eye, never losing sight of the fact this is a game, and he's in it to win it.  Because of that, Boston Rob comes off as mischievous while Sandra just comes off as mean.  Her hamming it up for the camera during sugargate was the only twinkle I've seen from her so far.

I also liked Rob and Amber's turn on The Amazing Race as well.  From what I could see, they really do have a supportive and healthy relationship.  That's rare these days--particularly for a reality TV couple.  I'm lookin' at you, Brenchel...

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, Giesela said:

I never saw a bootlist that didn't end with JT....because Sandra goes next? and she's the leak so.....  Is there one?

The one from SU does have the final pre-merge boot, as well. That's Varner. There are apparently some on Reddit and Sucks that have post-merge, but I don't know how reliable they are. They may be posted earlier in this thread. 

ETA: Must have read them at Sucks, which referred to Reddit. You would have to read there to find post-merge.

Edited by azshadowwalker

So Boston Rob says in his tweet that "we're back", how much do you want to bet he got CBS to fly him, Amber and the 4 kids out to Fiji for a free vacation?

As far as him being there, it is clear to me he is only going to be on exile to "help" what ever player ends up there to give him or her tips on how to win the game. Though why they need tips from a guy who failed to  make the merge twice and only won on his fourth try is beyond me.  I just pray to all the old gods and the new that Zeke is not the one to end up there because you know he will give a very long confessional about how Rob is such a "game changer" and I am such a "game changer" and he gave me tips on how to even be a "better game changer", and I can't wait to get back and do "all these new game changing moves". Ugh.

Hopefully it is Hali who goes and when Rob arrives she says "who are you?"

Edited by LanceM
  • Love 3
Just now, cooksdelight said:

Wasn't this filmed last year? Why would Rob just now be saying he's back? Or is he convinced we're all stupid?

I was referring to Rob's tweet I linked above where he said "we're back" that he posted in June, which is the same time this season was being filmed.

(edited)
20 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

I have to 'fess up to some Boston Rahb love.  He was manipulative and controlling, but he did it with that twinkle in his eye, never losing sight of the fact this is a game, and he's in it to win it.  Because of that, Boston Rob comes off as mischievous while Sandra just comes off as mean.  Her hamming it up for the camera during sugargate was the only twinkle I've seen from her so far.

I also liked Rob and Amber's turn on The Amazing Race as well.  From what I could see, they really do have a supportive and healthy relationship.  That's rare these days--particularly for a reality TV couple.  I'm lookin' at you, Brenchel...

I like him, too.  He was never mean nor had fits of anger.  He always seemed to have a twinkle in his eye and enjoyed himself.  He was well liked. The advice he has, if that happens, will probably be more about keeping yourself calm, centered and fun to be around rather than how to win.  Or perhaps win the favor of the ladies.  He got them to save the browned rice on the bottom of the pot for him!  

I hope it is he who returns and not the batshit crazy, signing woman whose name I forget (thank you failing memory). 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1
(edited)
29 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

Was that Wanda from Palau?  They actually cut her singing out if you re watch that season.

Stop it......fingers in ears...I don't hear you...don't want to remember.....no no no.

There were 2 singers, one had a ukulele.  I am also blocking her.   

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1
(edited)

If BRob returns and there's also an Exile Twist, I could imagine things going down as follows:

• Everyone drops their buffs
  • They pick new buffs, and all separate into two tribes
  • Play for reward (and either the winning team has to choose one of their own to go to Exile Island, or the losing team chooses someone to go to Exile Island)
  • And surprise! BostonRob will be joining them on their reward with letters from home! *eta: and Survivor will edit it so the winners' tears over letters from home will actually look like tears of joy to be able to spend time with the biggest GameChanger of all time...Boston Rob!*
  • Screwed tribe member has to go to Exile Island, miss the reward, and also not be present for any bonding with the new tribe
  • Everyone has a great time, and tell BRob all the intel on the game since he's not in it to win it
  • Miserable tribe member is trying to build a fire on Exile Island while cursing the twist, and feeling sure he/she is the next one out
  • Reward Challenge breaks up and everyone gives BRob big hugs, and asks him to contact their families for them
  • BRob sails away in a boat, and the survivors go back to their camp
  • Back at camp, everyone talks about the awesome reward, and being able to send messages home
  • BRob land on Exile Island, ends up staying the night with the Exiled tribe member and blabs everything that was said to him during the Reward
  • Exiled tribe member returns from Exile Island with a heavy arsenal of info on the new tribe mates

The real reward is being able to scheme on the new tribe with Boston Rob!

Edited by cuphead
  • Love 8
16 minutes ago, cuphead said:

If BRob returns and there's also an Exile Twist, I could imagine things going down as follows:

• Everyone drops their buffs
  • They pick new buffs, and all separate into two tribes
  • Play for reward (and either the winning team has to choose one of their own to go to Exile Island, or the losing team chooses someone to go to Exile Island)
  • And surprise! BostonRob will be joining them on their reward with letters from home!
  • Screwed tribe member has to go to Exile Island, miss the reward, and also not be present for any bonding with the new tribe
  • Everyone has a great time, and tell BRob all the intel on the game since he's not in it to win it
  • Miserable tribe member is trying to build a fire on Exile Island while cursing the twist, and feeling sure he/she is the next one out
  • Reward Challenge breaks up and everyone gives BRob big hugs, and asks him to contact their families for them
  • BRob sails away in a boat, and the survivors go back to their camp
  • Back at camp, everyone talks about the awesome reward, and being able to send messages home
  • BRob land on Exile Island, ends up staying the night with the Exiled tribe member and blabs everything that was said to him during the Reward
  • Exiled tribe member returns from Exile Island with a heavy arsenal of info on the new tribe mates

The real reward is being able to scheme on the new tribe with Boston Rob.

That is fucking awesome! :D

2 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

That is fucking awesome! :D

Ha.

Thanks.

Doubt it will happen, but if it did, it could breathe more life into Survivor (add'l life after introducing the cool concept of hidden immunity idols at Challenges, and the incredible gameplay from last season).

It would also be another reminder that the game never stops, even when you're hanging out with a guy who's not even in it to win a million dollars.

Plus, the possibility of a reward-within-a-reward could be a lot more interesting if it played out to be a game advantage, not a clue to the idol.   Personally, I think the game is saturated with too many ways to get immunity (e.g. at least two idols at any given time, winning an immunity challenge, and now this silly Legacy Advantage).  Finding an idol is no longer a huge deal anymore, and it downplays its importance. What happened to the days when people held onto idols and kept them secret?  Nowadays, idols can be passed around like crabpuffs at a cocktail party (two at a time in some cases!), or could be a semi-solid Plan B for someone who feels in danger. Really wouldn't mind a toning down of immunity opportunities.

But back to the reward-within-a-reward reconceptualizing- the game advantage could also possibly ruin your game if you don't use it correctly (e.g. Adam's Reward Steal Advantage), and will have to be twisted in many ways to figure out how it would actually work to your advantage in this specific game.

And if the next episode twists the concept of Exile Island, it could be a very interesting place to go in future seasons.

(edited)

It's why I'd love for their to be twists on the immunity idols.  Maybe if you find one, you can't find another one all season, or if you find it pre-merge you can't find another one until the merge.  Just something to make it more worth the person's while to using it, and maybe not make every TC an idol free for all.  I also hate the advantages, and the idol twists involving super or combined idols and anything in between.  Especially since this show makes up the rules of idols and advantages as it goes along.

That aside, I love your idea about what could happen this week!  It's probably doubtful, but dang, that would be all sorts of awesome.  Especially if the exiled castaway doesn't tell anyone that they got the surprise visitor, too.  

Edited by LadyChatts
(edited)
36 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

It's why I'd love for their to be twists on the immunity idols.  Maybe if you find one, you can't find another one all season, or if you find it pre-merge you can't find another one until the merge.  Just something to make it more worth the person's while to using it, and maybe not make every TC an idol free for all.  I also hate the advantages, and the idol twists involving super or combined idols and anything in between.  Especially since this show makes up the rules of idols and advantages as it goes along.

That aside, I love your idea about what could happen this week!  It's probably doubtful, but dang, that would be all sorts of awesome.  Especially if the exiled castaway doesn't tell anyone that they got the surprise visitor, too.  

Ha.

Thanks for the "awesome". 

My pseudo-fanwanking version of the chain of events is never going to happen, but hey, it's always fun to theorize, no?

=)

*edited bc I think I misunderstood your comment*

I'm just hoping the idol becomes more pure in the future (no more Voltron Idols, please), and once it's burned, it stays burned. Throw it in the fire if you have to.  Just don't rebury it. 

Edited by cuphead

The problem with the idols is that they keep re-hiding them after they have been used. David from last season even said he had no problem using his idol so early in the game because he knew when he got back to camp he could just go find another one.  I like idols I do think the add something to the game but as far as I am concerned once and idol is played, that is it.  There should be one hidden at each camp and one at the merge. Once any of those idols are played they don't get re-hidden.  

• Love 7
(edited)
15 hours ago, LanceM said:

The problem with the idols is that they keep re-hiding them after they have been used. David from last season even said he had no problem using his idol so early in the game because he knew when he got back to camp he could just go find another one.  I like idols I do think the add something to the game but as far as I am concerned once and idol is played, that is it.  There should be one hidden at each camp and one at the merge. Once any of those idols are played they don't get re-hidden.  

I agree, and that was how they did it in One World -- one at each camp pre-merge, one at the merge, and that was it.  And Philippines, Worlds Apart, and Kaoh Rong only had one at each camp.

Edited by Vyk
(edited)

Count me in with those who are over the whole "idols, idols everywhere" policy that Survivor has adopted.  They thought they changed the game up enough by saying that any ties at Tribal Council would basically be broken by a rock draw?  Tell the contestants up front that there's only going to be one immunity idol for the entire game at each camp.  Would Tai have played his idol for Sierra had he known it would be the only one of the game?  Of course not.  He played it because he knew he would find another one, which he did.  (Ya know, I talked about how stupid Nuku was for leaving J.T. alone to hunt for the idol, but Mana was just as stupid when it came to Tai.  As Scot and Jason discovered to their doom in Kaoh Rong, it's not always easy to convince Tai to use his idol to your advantage.)

Also--if you're going to have immunity idols, either make all of them easy to get to or all of them hard to get to.  Tai and J.T. only had to wander around to find their clues--and their idols were in camp.  They just had to wait until they were left alone to get them.  Troyzan only had until the end of the next immunity challenge to get his idol, and had to risk getting caught by EVERYONE.  And what if it had been a woman who had found that clue?  Most of them wear bathing suits during challenges.  Troyzan was able to hide his down his shorts.  Where would a woman have put hers that it wouldn't have been noticed??  C'mon.  At least in Cambodia both Jeremy and Wentworth had similar experiences in getting their idols--both had to risk exposure in a challenge, and both had to find one hidden at camp.  That's fair.

Edited by wallflower75
grammar is my friend...really.
  • Love 7

I like the idea of telling everyone that only one idol will be planted at each camp, and that'll be it once it's found.  It also might make people less likely to let certain others wander off to go idol hunting, while they just sit back at camp and think they can find the next one.  I also would like to see them be more consistent.  Hide them at the camp (and maybe actually make it a challenge), or at challenges (which is what I like).  That in itself can be a challenge, since Wentworth almost missed the chance to get her first one during SC, and Troyzan had to struggle to get his before anyone saw him this season.  After WA, Probst made a comment that idols were going to look extremely different from each other, to the point where they wanted to trick the castaways into wondering if they really found an idol or not.  I don't believe that's ever happened.  I wonder if the rock draw rule is going to stay in effect for future seasons.  I can see why they would do it for a season like this, but I don't know if a newbie season would give them the TV moment they are hoping for with it.  Sure, MvsGX did, but they didn't count on that I'm sure. 

The problem is, they are all about making these big TV moments, but when you give everyone an idol and advantage and a trip to EI to avoid being at that TC, and let people get up and play telephone during TC, of course you are going to have them.  It's not like good old fashioned game play.  It's just using what you gave them and of course they are going to use it (unless you're JT, who forgets his idol). 

• Love 1

Sarah did get one confessional tonight. I am not writing her off yet. With Brad and Troy on the same tribe they kind of had to show them teaming up if they are going to be an alliance that lasts to the end.

I'd like to say I am happy that I was wrong about Boston Rob being the former player to return but I can't because Cochran returning was even worse.

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, LanceM said:

Sarah did get one confessional tonight. I am not writing her off yet. With Brad and Troy on the same tribe they kind of had to show them teaming up if they are going to be an alliance that lasts to the end.

I'd like to say I am happy that I was wrong about Boston Rob being the former player to return but I can't because Cochran returning was even worse.

I'm not writing Sarah off, either.  I'm not a huge fan of her, but I'll still take her as a winner over Brad (though I'll admit I actually do find myself liking him a lot better this go-round) and definitely over Troyzan.

Cochran at least has this humility that Rob doesn't, so I could actually take him over him.  But yeah, I really don't like either one of them at all.

• Love 2
(edited)

I have a feeling Sarah's arc might be building, and will show up more after the merge (although Nuku is losing next week, since Varner's the boot, so we might see more of her then).  It could be because I don't like Brad, but I'm thinking his edit might be turning negative at some point in the near future.  Unless the show really wants to make him look good.  However, seeing him and Troyzan tonight makes me back to thinking Sarah is going to win with an almost all female jury.

ETA: Here's Jeff's teaser for next week.  He's been pretty skimpy on the teases this season.

The huge threats keep on falling. What can you tease up for next week, sir!
One of the best things about the Survivor format is that it allows the show to remain culturally relevant no matter how long it’s been on… and I think it’s a fair statement to say that’s the case next week.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/04/06/survivor-jeff-probst-game-changers-advantage/

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1

I'm still not sure if we're free of Boston Rob yet. Game Changers seems to be a bit of a series-wide retrospective, I wouldn't be surprised if a few more big characters pop up down the line. 

There were rumors that one TC got particularly bad. Sucks has speculated that Varner might have outed Zeke as Trans. That could be what Jeff means by, "culturally relevant." Also could be something happens politics-wise. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I'm curious how the show would handle such a thing.  Especially if Zeke didn't want to be outed as trans (and in this current environment I can hardly blame him).  Would the show be able to skirt over it completely?  Assuming this all did happen.  Some people were speculating that Zeke betrayed Varner which possibly lead to him outing Zeke.  Others said he might have made an off hand comment, not realizing no one knew.

I have seen the speculation about this, and Varner has even said it's a mean season and he was in the middle of something big that went down.  I was hoping the previews might shed some light on it.  There's even speculations Varner ends up quitting over this.  So far I haven't seen anything that would indicate this season as being mean, although I can possibly see it going in that direction.  There was a rumor Zeke was voted off for being trans, so Varnerr might have been referring solely to that.  If he felt close to zeke tonight, then betrayed, that might be what leads up to whatever allegedly happens next week.

And please, no more returning players.  Cochran was my worst nightmare come true.  I hadn't even thought of him as coming back, and that got me thinking of other players I didn't even consider as coming back for a visit.  It was not a pretty thought.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 3

The way they are doing the editing, you know who is not in the F3:  Cirie, Ozzy, Sierra, Michaela, Andrea, Hali, and I'd almost want to say Aubry as well.  There have been almost no interviews with them, you pretty much only see/hear from them if its in a group.  I miss Cirie's snark, but I guess there may not be a whole lot when one never goes to TC.  I'm sure the episode they are voted out, we'll hear a whole lot from them.