Type keyword(s) to search

Season 34 Spoilers & Rumors

loki567
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, LadyChatts said:

I'm starting to see how this boot list is going to happen.  Unlike the woman kicking ass at the merge like I was hoping, looks like Brad and Troyzan are going to run things.  They get rid of Ozzy early for threatening their alpha status (him talking repeatedly this season about being a provider is going to end up being his downfall).  Idol plays and maybe a rock draw may explain some of the order.

I agree on Brad, but I haven't really see Troyzan run anything yet, while Brad definitely has.

Sarah is essentially dead in the water at this point which may be because she hasn't been to tribal yet. But I have to say she better get some content soon because right now Brad has got the winner edit though I do think he got some negativity tonight which may be a sign of things to come.

I'm not sure why everyone is so quick to write off Sarah as the winner.  She has yet to go to TC.  She's on a tribe with much bigger characters.  If she is, in fact, end game, I can see why they might focus on someone like Andrea (even if her confessionals are pointless) since she's an early merge boot.  Of course, so is Zeke if the boot list pans out, and we haven't seen much of him yet either (I'm already predicting he'll be another casting dud this season).  Cirie and Ozzy are fan favorites and well known.  Troyzan's the odd man out (through clever editing anyway).  On the other hand, I don't know why everyone automatically assumed she won, either, except for past performance of Troy and Brad.  But it's only been 4 episodes.  She could become a major character once she actually has to start playing.  

I'm still thinking they are setting Brad up for future returns, arrogant or not, and maybe trying to make him seem more as a power player. He mentioned something in an interview about him and Monica coming back and being team captains in a future season.  

Edited by LadyChatts

As I said in the episode thread, without spoilers, you can really see how tight Brad and Sierra are.  I'm sort of surprised that its not Brad Sierra and Troyzan and F3 vs. Sarah.  

I was totally confused by this episode.  All I got is that JT was blindsided somehow because EVERYBODY is mad at him not just one side.  

But why does that tribe lose yet again at challenges?  Because Malcolm is gone.  When the f are they going to play Micheala?   I hate that Sandra seems to have a pit bull throat hold on everything that goes down on that tribe and doesn't seem to care if she burns it down around her as long as she makes it to the next tribe swap or merge. 

11 minutes ago, Giesela said:

I was totally confused by this episode.  All I got is that JT was blindsided somehow because EVERYBODY is mad at him not just one side.  

JT ran over to Culpepper when the whispering began, Sandra assumed he told Culpepper who they were voting for (which he did, Sierra) and when the vote didn't go their way because Tai saved Sierra with an idol (given that info by JT), Sandra extended her claws. It was crystal clear JT betrayed them by telling the other team Sierra was on the chopping block. 

• Love 5

But didn't Culpepper or someone say something as they were leaving about JT?  I got the impression that they were mad at him too.  He saved Sierra, why would they be mad?  They screwed him by not telling him about the idol?  

15 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

I'm not sure why everyone is so quick to write off Sarah as the winner.  She has yet to go to TC.  She's on a tribe with much bigger characters.  If she is, in fact, end game, I can see why they might focus on someone like Andrea (even if her confessionals are pointless) since she's an early merge boot.  Of course, so is Zeke if the boot list pans out, and we haven't seen much of him yet either (I'm already predicting he'll be another casting dud this season).  Cirie and Ozzy are fan favorites and well known.  Troyzan's the odd man out (through clever editing anyway).  On the other hand, I don't know why everyone automatically assumed she won, either, except for past performance of Troy and Brad.  But it's only been 4 episodes.  She could become a major character once she actually has to start playing.  

I'm still thinking they are setting Brad up for future returns, arrogant or not, and maybe trying to make him seem more as a power player. He mentioned something in an interview about him and Monica coming back and being team captains in a future season.  

Ia m not writing Sarah off yet, I am just concerned haven't heard anything from her in the last couple episodes. But gain one can chalk them up to her not going to tribal yet.  I still think there is plenty of time for her to emerge.

24 minutes ago, ForeverAlone said:

Considering how this all went down at this week's tribal, it's easy to see how JT is the next boot. He really is BAD when he doesn't have Stephen with him. 

I've always thought JT was one of the overrated winners. Stephen was mostly the brains behind his win, he just didn't have enough of JT's charisma.

Edited by slowpoked
  • Love 4

Here's Malcolm's Gordon Holmes interview.  http://my.xfinity.com/blogs/tv/2017/03/23/survivor-castaway-malcolm-jt-trying-screw-us-100/  Have we been shown any indication of what he says, that there's antagonism between Aubry and Sandra?

I brought this over from the media thread, since answering it requires referring to the spoilers. We heard that Aubry wanted the winners out, and we saw her vote against Tony. Wondering if the tension between the two relates to that drive by Aubry. Regardless, it would seem to indicate that we are seeing very little of the real game, but we already knew that. 

Edited by azshadowwalker
  • Love 3

I missed this interview last week where Caleb "randomly" throws out Sarah's name as someone who can win.

http://www.etonline.com/tv/213103_exclusive_survivor_castaway_caleb_reynolds_on_bromance_with_tai_after_game_changers_betrayal_he_had_to/

"Put it this way, everyone out there is out there for a reason, and you could see anyone at the end of the game, [but] I'll say, I don't think you'll see a big, strong physical player at the end of the game. You won't see an Ozzy in the final three. You won't see a Malcolm at the final three. You won't see a JT or a Caleb Reynolds. You'll see, you know, someone that's weak. Someone who just gets along, you'll see someone that has some type of strategizing game," Reynolds predicted, before tossing out Sarah Lacina's name as a possible winner. "For some reason, police officers are really good at this game."

I'm not surprised Caleb would randomly give out spoilers like that.  It's unfortunate that the boot list is going to be right, but I really hope the part about Hali making it to the final 6 is true.  I've seen other boot lists that have her more early merge. 

Also, are police officers really good at this game?  Tony won, but I didn't think Sarah did so hot her first time around.  Kelly from WA was a dud, and Bret from MvGX wasn't so great, either.  Ken from Thailand, if we want to go that far back, might have been a better gamer if he had a more competent tribe and better season to play on.  Of the final 3, I guess I'd be okay with Troyzan or Sarah winning, but I really don't want it to be Brad.

In the new preview I posted in the other thread, Sarah finally gets a clip-except it's the same clip from episode 1 where she talks about being a criminal.  I thought she was using that line again, then I saw she had the Nuku buff on. 

Edited by LadyChatts

There was some discussion Reddit about where the spoilers were leaking from.  Caleb was one name, at least for some of them, perhaps inadvertently.  Ican't remember the other speculation.  

6 hours ago, Giesela said:

There was some discussion Reddit about where the spoilers were leaking from.  Caleb was one name, at least for some of them, perhaps inadvertently.  Ican't remember the other speculation.  

There's the idea that the SurvivorsUnite poster at Sucks is tight with Sandra. The poster spoiled HvV. He is very fond of her. This season, he only gave pre-merge and F3 spoilers. If Sandra wasn't around by merge, she wouldn't know the post-merge boot order, so it makes sense. 

Edited by azshadowwalker
  • Love 2
54 minutes ago, azshadowwalker said:

There's the idea that the SurvivorsUnite poster at Sucks is tight with Sandra. The poster spoiled HvV. He is very fond of her. This season, he only gave pre-merge and F3 spoilers. If Sandra wasn't around by merge, she wouldn't know the post-merge boot order, so it makes sense. 

I doubt it's she who's his source.  After all, were that the case, how would she know the F3?

1 hour ago, Vyk said:

I doubt it's she who's his source.  After all, were that the case, how would she know the F3?

Talking to people afterwards. That's much easier to find out than how post-merge boots happened. Much easier to remember from a casual conversation, too. The other suggestion is that the Final 3 weren't spoiled to him; he lifted them from other people's boot lists, but got pre-merge from Sandra. 

ETA: Sandra is friends with Troy. She also had a pre-alliance with him, from what we know. That's an easy way to get the Final 3, if she's the source.

Someone over there said SU has attended events with Sandra and another former player  (can't remember who). That's one of the reasons she is the suspected source. Again, if any of it is true. 

Edited by azshadowwalker
  • Love 3

So it's Sarah then? Caleb is exactly the type to spoil to make himself sound more intelligent in exit interviews. Brad's natural assholishness is starting to show and I could see it starting slow until it grows and grows every episode until he's a full-on raging goat by the finale.

Blue eyes, blue eyes. What a douchebag. 

• Love 2

Episode 7 is titled "What Happens on Exile Stays on Exile."  Idol find or maybe a secret alliance forms?

So it's Sarah then? Caleb is exactly the type to spoil to make himself sound more intelligent in exit interviews. Brad's natural assholishness is starting to show and I could see it starting slow until it grows and grows every episode until he's a full-on raging goat by the finale.

Blue eyes, blue eyes. What a douchebag. 

One of this week's promos featured Sarah, and even though it was old footage from the first ep, it was interesting she'd get coverage when she's been invisible so far.  I can  possibly see where Brad is the one calling the shots all through the merge, perhaps until the end, but is a jerk in the process (some might even say he bullied people to do what he wanted).  Brad may be too much of a condescending jackass that overshadows any game play the jury might have otherwise respected.  Since he and Troyzan are friends/pre game alliance mates, Troyzan might get accused of just tagging onto Brad and taking credit for anything he does.  I can see where Sarah can slide in there with a win, even if she didn't do much but skate by in the process.  I won't be overly surprised if she's just another number in Brad's alliance.  This might be one of those "we don't want to pick any of you but since we have to" type of jury situations.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1

So they randomly decided to bring exile island back during mid season?  Sure why the hell or not I guess.  If this is episode 7 that means it should right before the merge.  Based on the wording of the episode it almost sounds like 2 people go to exile?  I am not sure what to make of this yet. I am not surprised that Sarah is getting some content.  She frankly needs to start getting some soon. I am really curious of what sets off Debbie episode and if this is truly the start of Brad starting to get the villain treatment.

Edited by LanceM
  • Love 1

Debbie brings up loyalty, if I heard correctly, so I'm wondering if she overhears her name being thrown around as a possible boot.  She seems convinced Hali would be the next to go if Mana loses immunity.  Brad initially mentioned wanting to keep her around for a loyal vote.  All it would take would be for it to get back to Tai and Debbie could ask him if they are still 4 strong.  We know how good of a liar Tai is.  That or maybe she wanted to participate in the RC somehow (if the RC is in stages then Brad might have given her an easy task and they end up losing, where she thinks she could have won it for them).  I don't think it'll take much to set her off.  Her anger seems more directed at him over the group.

36 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

Debbie brings up loyalty, if I heard correctly, so I'm wondering if she overhears her name being thrown around as a possible boot. 

Yeah - and after all, Tony had only recently finished demonstrating just how far one's game plan could be carried by demonstrations of unbridled paranoia around camp....

Edited by Nashville
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, LanceM said:

So they randomly decided to bring exile island back during mid season?  Sure why the hell or not I guess

Remember back in BBB2 (Tai and Debbie's season) when they swapped from 3 tribes to 2?  They did it at an odd number, and distributed the 2 new tribes evenly, but with the one person left over going to "Exile", which was really the former Brawn beach.  This could be something similar.

If my math is correct, then at the end of episode 6/start of episode 7, they'll have eliminated the 7th player (1 per episode + 1 from the double-length premiere), and they started at 20.  So they'd be at 13.  Shuffling them up into 6/6/1 seems reasonable.

Meanwhile, another castaway's game is thrown off balance after a difficult challenge causes them to explode.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/news/1006853/there-s-major-manipulation-and-a-massive-explosion-on-the-next-survivor-game-changers/

Guess we know what causes Debbie's melt down.

Here's a sneak peek of the RC this week (I wish these sneak peeks were something better than challenge footage).  NuMana looks quite pleased with themselves walking in, while JT looks about as miserable as Russell did at his respective reunion shows.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1
25 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

NuMana looks quite pleased with themselves walking in, while JT looks about as miserable as Russell did at his respective reunion shows.

As he should.  It's his fault that Malcolm's gone, and he knows it.

But I do like Debbie's chirpy "All here!" when Tavua sees that all of Mana is still intact.  Andrea's openmouthed shock at Malcolm's ouster is also funny.

• Love 3

Well, based so far on the editing, Troyzan and Brad had gotten plenty of views, which bodes well for them getting to the final and possibly winning.  Brad's been seen a bit more favorable, more "in control" of his tribe(s), than Troyzan, who's seen more on the outs, though that could be a good set up for the underdog making a comeback story.  

We did see a TH from Sarah during the first episode, but not so much since then, though granted her tribe(s) hasn't been to TC, so there hasn't been too much reason to show her or her tribe(s) outside the challenges.  

Since JT found an idol, does that mean he's literally the dumbest Survivor and gets voted off with it, knowing he's in danger?  He was the boot tonight.

There was a boot list floating around that had him making the merge, and Ozzy pre-merge.  Wonder if that one is going to prove accurate.  Either that or the order is wrong and Sandra goes.

Edited by LadyChatts
14 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

Since JT found an idol, does that mean he's literally the dumbest Survivor and gets voted off with it, knowing he's in danger?  He was the boot tonight.

There was a boot list floating around that had him making the merge, and Ozzy pre-merge.  Wonder if that one is going to prove accurate.  Either that or the order is wrong and Sandra goes.

The boots have been pretty accurate thus far.  He must get booted with it in his pocket.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Vyk said:

The boots have been pretty accurate thus far.  He must get booted with it in his pocket.

He officially claims the title of Dumbest Survivor Ever if that happens tonight.  He's got to know they'll be gunning for him.

Although...once again, I must point out the stupidity of the rest of his tribe in letting him look for the idol in the first place.  I mean, as much as I hate thinking about Caramoan, one of the more comical moments was when Andrea followed Malcolm all over the place, preventing him from looking for an idol.  He didn't find it, and they voted him out.

Edited by wallflower75
  • Love 2

Well, I'll give them this: they sure aren't making obvious who the target is, if it isn't JT.  Sandra seems the most obvious, but they sure aren't making it seem like that.  So I'm wondering if the boot order was flipped.  One boot list originally had JT third and Caleb fifth, so maybe Sandra and JT got switched.

11 minutes ago, LanceM said:

So next week is another tribe and according to SurvivorsUnite, Sandra ends up on a tribe without allies and is voted off.

I'm actually disappointed, as I like the tribe make up, aside from Hali being stuck with the vindicative Debbie who hates her for no real reason.  That's the only reason I'm cool with the tribe swap.  Otherwise, I'd be fine with them staying the same for awhile.  Will be disappointed to lose Sandra.  But she's made it fun so far.  I'm intrigued about the visiting Survivor. 

Looking at the overall picture though, this season isn't going to get any better for me.  I don't give a crap about idol plays or twists that seem to be suddenly appear to benefit certain people.  Knowing who makes it end game, and knowing potentially the rest of the order, with the current crop we have, I just can't wait until next season already.

We finally saw Sarah tonight, though.  Maybe this is the beginning of her arc.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

Will be disappointed to lose Sandra.  But she's made it fun so far.  I'm intrigued about the visiting Survivor. 

Looking at the overall picture though, this season isn't going to get any better for me.  I don't give a crap about idol plays or twists that seem to be suddenly appear to benefit certain people. 

I might well check out after next week. It's fairly obvious that the boot lists are correct, so no one I care about gets towards the end. To be honest, after Sandra goes, my only soft spots are for Cirie and Ozzy, and neither of them are up there with Sandra. Hate to see that it's not even necessarily something she does that ends her run, but a tribal switch. Such is Survivor...

• Love 1
3 hours ago, azshadowwalker said:

I might well check out after next week. It's fairly obvious that the boot lists are correct, so no one I care about gets towards the end. To be honest, after Sandra goes, my only soft spots are for Cirie and Ozzy, and neither of them are up there with Sandra. Hate to see that it's not even necessarily something she does that ends her run, but a tribal switch. Such is Survivor...

That's what's really frustrating about Sandra and Varner's upcoming boots.  In addition, a challenge preview for next week is posted and it does look like two tribes of 7-so it makes it more frustrating that there's an uneven number.  I'm assuming Varner gets screwed by the swap like Sandra, as I can't really see any reason for targeting him.  Varner is gold in the TH, and I wanted him to at least make it to Ponderosa and the jury.  I know he won't be back after this season.  Probst had to fight for him to be included as it was, but being a 3 time pre juror?  Yeah, he won't have a 4th chance to see if history repeats itself.

I know the merge order until the final 4 is somewhat unconfirmed, but I can believe if Ozzy loses the 1st IC (which seems impossible) that Brad sets his set on getting out the last alpha male that isn't named Troyzan.  The only people I really care about post merge are Ozzy, Andrea, Michaela, Cirie, and Hali.  If the boot list is true, 3 of those people are early merge, and the other 2 get so close to the end.  But what do they expect when they bring back medicore players against the likes of Malcolm, Ozzy, Cirie, Sandra, Ciera, and Tony?  It seemed like they were setting up a Troyzan/Sarah alliance tonight, so the final 4 seems pretty solid.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1
(edited)

I'm kinda pleasantly surprised that Sandra gets knocked out due a tribe switch. Obviously I would have rather her stayed and constantly emasculate Brad Culpepper as only Sandra can do, but tribe flips happen and sometimes you're unlucky in the game of Survivor. I find amazing that it took a completely new TC twist and a bunch of tribe switches to finally take her down. 

I'm extremely happy that I don't think Sandra's Survivor legacy has taken one hit during this season. People might say she's more cocky or unlikable but those qualities were always wrapped in the Sandra package. And I love the fact that she's almost added a new aspect to her Survivor character (or least the producers have chosen to show her differently), she was effectively the alpha dog in her tribe. I can already tell my favorite moment of the season is going to be when Sandra stared down a possible Tony/Malcolm/Caleb alpha male alliance and got rid of Tony. How often can an older female contestant who sucks at comps do that in Survivor?

Edited by loki567
  • Love 6
10 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

Probst is president of the Boston Rob fanclub. A club with only one member.....

Umm...no. There are at least 2 of us. I have adored Boston Rob since All-Stars.

• Love 8

So bring back Boston Rob in the middle of (practically) an All-Star season? That's extremely random and desperate. These are RETURNING players. What do they need advice for? How to lose three times until production gives in and puts you in a cast of mental incompetents?

These people will be less starstruck and more pissed off that he's stealing their camera time. And they'd be right too. Bad enough that BR and Cochran take significant time during reunions, now this shit is starting to infringe on the ACTUAL SEASON! 

• Love 13