Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E13: 6 Chefs Compete

• Start Topic

Episode synopsis: The remaining six chefs must rely on their loved ones to complete Chef Ramsay's Branzino dish; the winning team will be awarded a day at a luxurious spa while the losers have to clean the entire dormitory.
(edited)

(ETA: Misread.)

A rare compliment for behavior (!) for HK donkeys: I appreciated that the Red Team, upon receiving their jackets, kept their cool in the kitchen, shrieking only a little, and then took them to the walk-in and screamed out their excitement in there. The Blue Team already knew they lost, but the Red didn't rub it in their faces. That was nice to see.

Edited by Kate the Great
  • Love 5

Poor Jared, his mother should clearly not be allowed in a kitchen much less near any knives.  How could that segment have been fair?  He should have probably been the best teacher - He actually got someone who is a nightmare in the kitchen to make a presentable dish.  Meanwhile Ashley's Dad is clearly a talented cook and didn't need much if any instruction.  When one of the others said to her, "Your Dad plates like you" I wanted to say, "No, she plates like her Dad, now I know where she got that from". 

When Gordon sent Dannie home he implied that it was past her time to leave like he knew she was sliding for a while now.  I guess I missed that or he didn't make it known to the audience because I don't remember him saying anything to that effect before.  I didn't see her as one of the front runners anyway, to be honest.

• Love 2

I haven't liked Dannie or Manda all along so I was glad to see one of them go.  I hope the other is eliminated next week.  They've both been delusional about their abilities.  The remaining four deserve to be there.

When Lil Jon was on Celebrity Apprentice, I rather liked him.  He came across as a jerk on HK.

• Love 5

Why is someone with a limp and a broken foot serving you food so fucking funny to the "VIP" table?

Walking with a limp is something that rappers and others will do as a way to show they have swag....almost like a modern day prance.

So, they were saying that when she was serving them, they just thought she was limping because she had that swagger, because of her confidence in her skills.  It wasn't until they saw the boot that they realized she was actually limping due to a broken foot.

I thought it was funny, in part because Ariel does have swagger and confidence....as she should, she has been doing very well.  At the very worst it was just a harmless joke.  I thought the red VIP table was pretty amusing...no complaints about the food and they seemed to enjoy the shenanigans while being very complimentary to the red team.

• Love 3

Poor Jared, his mother should clearly not be allowed in a kitchen much less near any knives.  How could that segment have been fair?  He should have probably been the best teacher - He actually got someone who is a nightmare in the kitchen to make a presentable dish.  Meanwhile Ashley's Dad is clearly a talented cook and didn't need much if any instruction.  When one of the others said to her, "Your Dad plates like you" I wanted to say, "No, she plates like her Dad, now I know where she got that from". 

That was super annoying. Jared got a woman who shouldn't even be around a knife, Danni and Ashley got trained chefs/cooks.  That seemed wildly unfair.

I still want to know whose long dark hair Manda thought it was.

I'm not going to miss Danni.

I bet Manda did enjoy an episode of zero Frank though.

She kept trying to say that it was Jared's, but that man is bald!  Even if you were to say it was maybe an errant arm hair, it wouldn't be long.

Her excuse that her hair is "reddish-brown" and therefore it could not be hers was just about the most ridiculous thing ever.  You have three people there, someone with blonde hair, someone with no hair, and someone with long "reddish-brown" hair.  There is a good chance when you find a long hair, its going to belong to the person with the "reddish-brown" hair.

The only other possible explanation would maybe be some sort of transfer from when Jared was cleaning the bathroom and all the hair in there....but that doesn't seem like as easy an explanation as it just being Manda's hair.

• Love 1

In retrospect, I do think Kristin could be a winner. Last week they had the small "this experience has built me up" section, which might be a little thing, but it plants the seed, especially as none of the other have had it. She's still my favourite. No BS but she doesn't be unneccessarily harsh.

From the beginning, I seeded Hassan, Dannie, Jared, Ashley, Ariel and Kristin to be black jackets. Four of them have been. I think Jared's gone next week and Manda's the weakest chef left - Dannie was a stronger chef, but if you don't communicate, that's where you fail in service. I quite like Manda, but I think she'll be fourth place.

The final three is gonna be Ashley, Ariel and Kristin methinks, with Kristin preferably being the winner. Most consistent. If you mess up near the beginning, then there's usually a redemption arc going on, and Kristin started off UTR but is now at the top. Ashley's been consistent, but she still makes mistakes. Ariel's a weird one. She's clearly good, but in the past few episodes, they've not called her out as being particularly good or bad, so I'm thinking possibly runner-up.

Then again, T from last year was miles better than these chefs. Shame she didn't apply for this season.

Oh yeah, if you want to see what happened to Frank, check the HK wikipedia page.

That was super annoying. Jared got a woman who shouldn't even be around a knife, Danni and Ashley got trained chefs/cooks.  That seemed wildly unfair.

She kept trying to say that it was Jared's, but that man is bald!  Even if you were to say it was maybe an errant arm hair, it wouldn't be long.

Her excuse that her hair is "reddish-brown" and therefore it could not be hers was just about the most ridiculous thing ever.  You have three people there, someone with blonde hair, someone with no hair, and someone with long "reddish-brown" hair.  There is a good chance when you find a long hair, its going to belong to the person with the "reddish-brown" hair.

The only other possible explanation would maybe be some sort of transfer from when Jared was cleaning the bathroom and all the hair in there....but that doesn't seem like as easy an explanation as it just being Manda's hair.

I think it was either Manda's, or Jared planted it there from the cleaning earlier as a sneaky tactic. Notice how quickly he said "must be Manda's?" He knew it wasn't his so he blamed others.

• Love 1

Walking with a limp is something that rappers and others will do as a way to show they have swag....almost like a modern day prance.

So, they were saying that when she was serving them, they just thought she was limping because she had that swagger, because of her confidence in her skills.  It wasn't until they saw the boot that they realized she was actually limping due to a broken foot.

I thought it was funny, in part because Ariel does have swagger and confidence....as she should, she has been doing very well.  At the very worst it was just a harmless joke.  I thought the red VIP table was pretty amusing...no complaints about the food and they seemed to enjoy the shenanigans while being very complimentary to the red team.

I don't know. Lil Jon is long since old enough (mid-40s?) to know that most people who have a limp (VAST majority, in fact) do so because of either a past or current injury. I just cringed at that because I wonder if Lil Jon just goes around loudly mocking and laughing at everyone he meets who has a limp.

• Love 5

I haven't liked Dannie or Manda all along so I was glad to see one of them go.  I hope the other is eliminated next week.  They've both been delusional about their abilities.  The remaining four deserve to be there.

When Lil Jon was on Celebrity Apprentice, I rather liked him.  He came across as a jerk on HK.

I thought Lil Jon was a bit of a jerk too.  I love him but I didn't like what he did and he should have known better.  He was mocking and it wasn't funny.  By Danni you should have gone.  You were a fighter and you just did nothing to fight back.  Although the whole team could have gone and no one would miss them at all.  But they need drama as next week shows...

• Love 2

Why is someone with a limp and a broken foot serving you food so fucking funny to the "VIP" table?

Agree with all those who called this out. He didn't just notice & comment "oh, she's limping". He made her the butt of his whole table's jokes, which weren't in the least funny.

Jerk.

• Love 3

I love the preview:

"WILL JARED TURN ON THE ONE. HE. LOVES. MOST?!"

I bet if you edited all the previews from any season together, it'd be a completely different show.

• Love 3

That rapper was nothing but a huge joke. I had no clue as to who he was since rap isn't my thing. I love my heavy metal!!!! At least the blue team got an interesting guest in the Dog Whisperer. Now he is a person I wold love to meet since I have been a volunteer at the local spca for 14 years. I use some of his ideas when handling a dog.

Now, will Gordon stick to the normal script and have a male/female final? This year the girls appear to have all the strongest contenders. Sorry Jared, you are a loser in comparison to the ladies.

• Love 4

I thought Dannie was a contender early on. Not on had she been sliding, but she seemed to have a truthiness problem on the "who did this" front.

Sorry, Manda, but you seem most likely on the hair, unless Jared is collecting tokens from Ashley.

I think the final two will be Kristen/Ariel, with Kristen winning. Could go either way, though.

Jared and Manda are not stronger cooks. Ashley falls apart under pressure.

• Love 1

I feel like Dannie's sister should have been on the show, not Dannie.

I can't believe how rude Ariel was to her mom.  I would never speak to my mom like that.

Jared's mom was so irritating!!  How fucking inept are you that you can't slice a vegetable?  I can do that and I suck at cooking.

• Love 6

I can't believe how rude Ariel was to her mom.  I would never speak to my mom like that.

Agreed. I don't have a great deal of love for Jared and like Ariel (eh..as much as I like any of them)  but the contrast between him with his mother and  how Ariel spoke to her mother was very telling.  He was patient with her and told her it was okay if they didn't win while Ariel was just a rude little snot from the beginning.  My mother would have given me "the look" and shut that shit down the first disrespectful word out of my mouth. 

I don't see much difference between Dannie and Manda as far as ability goes. They both could have gone weeks ago but I'm glad they outlasted Frank, if nothing else. 

• Love 4

I don't see much difference between Dannie and Manda as far as ability goes. They both could have gone weeks ago but I'm glad they outlasted Frank, if nothing else. 

As far as I can tell that's the only reason they lasted this long.  Just to rub it in to Frank that he got beat by a bunch of girls (and Jared).

I suspect Lil Jon and his buddies were stoned out of their minds. It would explain the weird laughter over nothing.

It would be the best way to go to dinner at Hell's Kitchen.

• Love 5