Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E16: Clue

I hope Ryan is the terrorist. Because that would be the only explanation for why he would jump to the nonsensical conclusion that Hannah discharged her firearm in the vicinity of Haas because she was "on to" Alex and Alex made her. I seriously don't understand how that could work outside the notion of a Jedi mind trick. 

Also, the notion of Ryan coming back as a counselor is pretty preposterous. The NATs shouldn't feel comfortable with him. He lied to the ones in our main class for months. The ones in the other class presumably don't know him at all. We are supposed to believe in the entire FBI, there's no better option for a trainer than him?

It would have been nice if Hannah made some actual moves to uncover the identity of the terrorist rather than apparently blunder into his/her/their trap. They really need to expand the circle of trust beyond Hannah and Simon.

Also, this latest scenario being a Kobiyashi Maru makes it not at all different from any other training scenario they've done, really. The only difference is this one was pretty much naked about it, whereas they pretended you could win the others.

• Love 3

Ryan is the worst.  How in the hell does did he come to the conclusion that Alex somehow tricked Hannah into firing her gun in the air and getting herself suspended. Does he think Alex can control minds?  Or that Alex pointed in the air and yelled "Look, a terrorist!  Shoot him, Hannah!"?  I can't believe I'm defending Alex, but after everything she had gone through; and Ryan was front and center for a lot of it; I just don't get why he's treating her like she an imbecile that can't be trusted.  As annoying as it would have been, I would have got it if he was treating her like he thinks she's suffering from some kind of PTSD and needs help, but he's acting like she's the company's idiot, who can be trusted with coffee orders.  Fucking asshole.

Well, at least the show was pretty much open that the training exercise was a no-win scenario, but it doesn't make it less annoying.  Again, I would actually respect the hell out of anyone; even Caleb or Shelby; if they just refused to participate for the next one or just dicked around, because it's obvious that it doesn't matter, and it's all just a long excuse for Liam to impart on them "wisdom", after they're done embarrassing themselves.  It's just not worth it, guys!  Fight the system!  I did like Alex and Shelby teaming up to give it a go, because it reminded of the earlier episodes, and that duo being one of the things about this series, before they suddenly started hating each other, Shelby suddenly became a moron, and Alex becoming so dramatic.

I guess Alex and Drew now are going to be a thing.  But wait!  Ryan is coming back as a counselor!  Yeah, like that would ever actually happen!  Still, love triangle time!

Nimah and Raina bicker about wherever Raina should take the fall for Miranda or not, but, of course, Miranda makes it all null and void, by just doing it herself.  Oh, and all those secrets Raina was keeping from Nimah was that she was secretly just going to meet Simon.  Of course it was.

I feel dirty saying this, but I think Caleb and Will are actually becoming one of the best things about this series, and...... (deep breath), Caleb might be one of the more fun characters on this show.  Man, I can't believe I'm typing this.

Finally, in the battle of the hairs, Priyanka Chopra's gave its normal stellar performance, but I think Yasmine Al Massri won out in this episode.  I swear, I think they put more effort in making sure the hair on this show looks great, compared to the writing, plot, and acting.

• Love 4
Does he think Alex can control minds?

"...The hair.  So close to my face.  Must obey.  Must fire weapon into air..."

So the first time the gNATS actually receive some real life training, they whine and sulk and refuse to go on?  Quality material there.  Shelby is the most annoying, with her constant faux-cheerfulness during a scenario.  Get serious, woman.  This is your career as well as your life.  But, hey, Alex is still buying drinks.  At say, 50 people x $4/drink, that's a good chunk out of her paycheck.  Or the credit card.

I think I would disagree with the instructor's comment that a bullet passing through the fuselage would kill everyone.  Depressurize the cabin, yes, but the oxygen masks would come down and, presumably, the pilot would descend to a safe altitude almost immediately.

This episode is taking place the day after Charlie's plot occurred?  No time for counseling?

I kind of like the idea of the auto-agent roommate portraying Caleb for a meeting with Mr. Big.  If there's anything he's good at, it's reciting chapter and verse from the playbook, so he might be able to charm his way into confidence.  But, as he admitted, he has absolutely no skill in picking up social clues.  Doubtless he will have to be rescued as well.

• Love 1

The biggest question for me is why am I still watching? So many other worthy, deserving shows get cancelled but this show gets renewed?

I cannot believe I fell for the notion once Hannah took over being in charge there would actually be someone with brains running the resistance. But no, Alex's mesmerizing hair gets to hannah's brains too and turns her into a complete blundering idiot. Seriously, hannah thought the time to apologize to Alex and tell Alex what she did to Ryan was when the situation called for their 100% concentration? For all Hannah's talk, in the end she decided not to tell the director? So many people already died what makes her think them cooperating will prevent more deaths? As Hannah pointed out, Alex has committed treason. What makes them think they will not be punished even if by some miracle they catch the baddie?

Alex, Hannah and Simon know Alex's every move being watched closely but somehow they all think the terrorist doesn't know about what they are doing? Alex stands right in front of her window and doesn't think the terrorist won't see Simon in the background? They don't they think Alex's apartment or cell phone is bugged?

I totally call the big reveal will actually not reveal the big baddie but show another person being forced to cooperate.

The flashbacks getting stupider and pointless. So instead of doing an exercise about what went wrong/right last week, Liam and all decide to do the kobayashi maru to teach them what they just learned and experienced in real life? What is up with the past and present emotions pairing up? Last week future nimah mad at Miranda because of Raina going undercover when they were NATs and because Raina was still keeping secrets from her. This week, past twins and Miranda are seen making up. Did they all have another identical fall out? Why is it when a future person dies we no longer see them in flashbacks? Caleb's dad, Nathalie, etc. I know, I know, the answer is no money in the budget.

Finally, my only rationale for Ryan's inexplicable conclusion is he was thinking with his smaller brain. Maybe he was worried his worst nightmare was coming true. The 2 women he has loved end up hooking up.

The twins' "dilemma" about whether to tell the truth or not was fairly foolish.

I know the bar is low for this version of the FBI, but who would believe that Twin 1 went rogue and just so happened to infiltrate a cell on her own that just so happened to have Miranda's son as a member, all without any input or guidance from Miranda?

• Love 1

I'm just stunned how promiscuous FBI-agents-to-be are. Edgar Hoover wouldn't be happy with them.

That is why they are such shitty agents with all the constant hooking up. I've seen Frat houses during a rush week keggger where people get less action!

Ryan stop being an idiot and an ass, get a clue you are supposed to be trained to read people and situations!

(edited)

There are numerous threats outside of Quantico and these agents are more serious about, excuse my french, banging each other rather than dealing with the reality of their careers and job prospects with a level of seriousness and professionalism. This show is fast overcoming the romance of even Shondaland's Grey's Anatomy and Scandal with these romance ships (Liam and Alex, Drew and Alex, Ryan and Alex, Caleb and Shelby, Iris and Caleb, Will and Caleb, Brandon and Natalie, Natalie and Ryan, Hannah and Ryan, Miranda and Liam, Simon and Raina, Simon and Elias and what not). So many ships and nothing to show who the real freaking bomber is, goddamit Quantico, why are you doing this to me? 

Edited by Elainasha

I'm just stunned how promiscuous FBI-agents-to-be are. Edgar Hoover wouldn't be happy with them.

Yes, but he'd be trying to bang Ryan too.

Stop with the flashbacks already. Just stop.

• Love 5

The flashbacks getting stupider and pointless. So instead of doing an exercise about what went wrong/right last week, Liam and all decide to do the kobayashi maru to teach them what they just learned and experienced in real life? What is up with the past and present emotions pairing up?

They aren't actually learning anything, nothing important is being applied to the present day situations and it's only going to get worse with Ryan as the replacement especially since it was already bad enough.

I thought this episode was fairly pointless.  Nothing really happened.  We still don't know who "The Voice" is, and at the end when Alex says "we have our first clue".... well, YEAH, it only took however many episodes.  So drawn out and so tiring.  Why can't Super Techno Spy Simon decode the voice identity but he can do so many other things with that computer of his?

Sick of Hannah.  And especially sick of Drew and his constant "Liam You Suck Donkey Ass" mantra.

A lot about this episode was stupid and pointless, but one thing that I am especially confused about.  When Alex and Shelby did their last airplane rescue attempt, Alex takes Shelby's gun, stands up and puts a gun on each of the two terrorists who are standing forward and aft.  When the instructor says it's still 2 on 1, the extra next to her stands up and puts his gun on the one in the back.  All of the trainees seem to realise that Alex has won, and she and Shelby go into their "we won" victory spiel and Miranda warnings.

Question.... Why was everyone sure they had won?  I didn't see anything they did that was different.  Was it the two guns by one person?  She still can't see both of them at the same time.  Why couldn't someone on an earlier attempt have both team members targeting one of the terrorists?

This has to be one of the most convoluted shows in recent memory.

It is like a train wreck that you cannot stop watching.  Worst show I watch yet I watch it.  I am going to flog myself

• Love 7

I don't know who the terrorist is and I am starting to not even care. Like I hoping it is Ryan with Natalie or someone else but I just don't care. 

I like Raina is coming into her own person as the episodes progress though. 

Anyways, this show is stupid af and I don't know why I am still watching it. 

• Love 1

I'll admit it:  I have absolutely no idea what the hell is going on in this thing.  More, I don't care at this point.  

They went haywire with making this convoluted and a pain in the ass to follow - IF it was better written and more interesting, I would put the attention into it to understand what's happening but....

Nope.

• Love 8

I'll admit it:  I have absolutely no idea what the hell is going on in this thing.  More, I don't care at this point.  

They went haywire with making this convoluted and a pain in the ass to follow - IF it was better written and more interesting, I would put the attention into it to understand what's happening but....

Nope.

It's like they didn't know they would get renewed, so they're just dragging things out.

Question.... Why was everyone sure they had won?

It was the hair.  Neither terrorist could see past Alex so they were paralyzed with awe.  The guy with the bomb vest (SO easy to sneak on to a plane) must have been at a different angle.

• Love 2

Every week the proceedings, especially at the academy, get more and more preposterous. I wish Seth and Amy were still on SNL so they could do a "Really? REALLY?" recap of each week's episode.

• Love 1

I think they were assuming they won because Liam didn't jump in and immediately tell them they failed. He seemed to do it pretty quickly every other time.

He really should've been the one to get the boot, but it is 'Quantico'.

• Love 1

Why am I still watching?

I hate Shelby, she needs a good slap. I haven't seen Joanna Brady in much so I'm not sure if it's her or the writing. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt. I think her parents faked their deaths to get away from her.

Miranda is being replaced by Ryan?! Talk about dumbing down.

I like Hannah, I hate that basically she's so protective of Ryan because he understood when she came out. Straight men do get a fuckin prize for not being a homophobe, or a dick. And that's twice this show has done that.

Actually this week's assignment sort of made sense, actually teaching them that sometimes no matter what you do there is no way out seems like a good lesson.

The Will/Caleb storyline is dull.

I see Iris has been relegated with Brandon now they served their purpose. For a very diverse show they really only seem to care about white people, mostly white men.

Somebody had to turn gay since the show lost Elias and fake-gay Simon.  I'm not sure if Will is supposed to be gay or if he is just asexual.

I don't think I really care who the bomber is, but I'm going to assume it's either 1) Elias' not gay, not annoying, heretofore-never-discussed (despite the vettings and profiling exercises) twin brother, or 2) a not-dead Natalie.

• Love 1

Unpopular opinion alert...I don't think Alex OR that damn hair is anything special. At this point, the only thing that would satisfy me would be Kevin Bacon busting in to announce that it is Joe Carroll behind the bombings.

• Love 7

Unpopular opinion alert...I don't think Alex OR that damn hair is anything special. At this point, the only thing that would satisfy me would be Kevin Bacon busting in to announce that it is Joe Carroll behind the bombings.

That would make my life.  MY LIFE

• Love 2

Why am I still watching?

I haven't watched in a couple of weeks and I'm trying to figure out if I should just bail now and not catch up. I wanted to know who the bomber was in the end, but it seems like this is all so convoluted at this point, I'm not sure it matters or will make sense.

Is anyone actually enjoying this show? Or are most watching it out of habit or as a hate watch?

Is anyone actually enjoying this show? Or are most watching it out of habit or as a hate watch?

I am; of course it's mind-blowingly stupid at times, but at least it doesn't get my blood pressure up the way Scandal for instance does. I mainly watch it for the pretty: Caleb, Shelby, Nimah/Raina, Iris and Brandon. The central mystery doesn't interest me in the least, but I'm slightly intriqued by Caleb's storyline with Scientology..ehh, I mean whatssitname-ology, and I've wanted something to happen between Simon and Raina since that scene where she took her hijab off, so... For this show I'm veeeery easy.

• Love 4

The ratings and viewers are declining so fast, I didn't see ep 15 and when I saw this episode I was shocked that Hannah is helping her

and Hannah, does she has an air time limit for her dialogues coz she talks too fast...

I thought before that ep 16 was the last and just checked there are 20 episodes (and maybe more?) :/

This has to be one of the most convoluted shows in recent memory.

It is like a train wreck that you cannot stop watching.  Worst show I watch yet I watch it.  I am going to flog myself

I'll admit it:  I have absolutely no idea what the hell is going on in this thing.  More, I don't care at this point.

Yes to all of this.  Furthermore, it was just mean to dangle the possibility that Hannah might get something done and then yank it away from us like that.