Type keyword(s) to search

Salem International: Casting Notes: Arrivals & Departures

• Start Topic

11 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Apparently, she was not a fan of the rape storyline involving her alter and StefaNO.  The grueling schedule of taping the shows and memorizations exhausted her.  Plus, she is still young enough to  do other roles.  I am exhausted with all things Abby...The role needs to be rested for a while. Ashley Benson was the only Abby that I liked...

Yeah, I guess she did soap boot camp 101 and wants to try other things. The old theory was that if you were young (and, even old) was to do a soap for two or three years and get out. Some actors like the soap lifestyle and others want more money and bigger exposure with prime time and movie roles. Of course, not everyone lands the big gig like Justin Hartley did but you gotta give it a shot while you are young.

• Love 3
Just now, ByaNose said:

Yeah, I guess she did soap boot camp 101 and wants to try other things. The old theory was that if you were young (and, even old) was to do a soap for two or three years and get out. Some actors like the soap lifestyle and others want more money and bigger exposure with prime time and movie roles. Of course, not everyone lands the big gig like Justin Hartley did but you gotta give it a shot while you are young.

True, she is young with no children. Now is the time to do it.. She is in her 20's...Justin was very lucky because he went from daytime to primetime, right back to daytime and back to Primetime and scored a hit show..

• Love 4
7 hours ago, BlackMamba said:

AHHHHHHHHHH

They couldn't even allow me ONE minute of happiness at the idea that due to MM's exit Abigail might actually suffer consequences for her actions and get shipped off to an institution for a good long while. WHYYYYYYY, Show?  Ugh, just looking at that pic of KM in the article linked above gives me rage. I feel just like that panda! (love that gif btw lol)

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, kassandra8286 said:

They couldn't even allow me ONE minute of happiness at the idea that due to MM's exit Abigail might actually suffer consequences for her actions and get shipped off to an institution for a good long while. WHYYYYYYY, Show?  Ugh, just looking at that pic of KM in the article linked above gives me rage. I feel just like that panda! (love that gif btw lol)

You know I totally forgot that Abigail commited a crime and will need to be sent away. So, I guess they don't have to find a new Abby right away. It's funny how I forgot about a murder. Even if it was a fake murder on a soap. LOL!!!

• Love 3
7 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Oh fuck.

Ron NO. NO RON! No.

Damnit with this show.

And now if Kate comes back to play the character again, she gets to skate past all of the mental health breakdowns she's had and just coast right into her being a "nice" character again? Uuuuuuuuugh!

Marci, regardless of her failure to create three distinct interesting personalities, definitely had the more challenging material. If Kate comes back to play the healthy Abigail, that just means she gets to jump right back to doing what she was doing on the show for years - offering that condescending smile.

The only time I ever wanted to see Kate Mansi acting on a TV screen again was when people were crapping on how unwell and shitty Abigail was the last few months. She can only come back if Gabi and Chad and everyone else in town treat her like a nut bar head case.

No, nevermind. There are no good circumstances for her to return.

Mansi back?  Nope.  Nada.  Non.  Nah.  Whatever language, NO.  She has all the charisma of a demented bunny and even less talent.  And that Valley gurl voice........

I guess she found out that she wasn't the hottest thing since peritonitis.  But let her pursue "career opportunities" elsewhere, say, a potato stand on the Malibu Pier.

If Mansi returns while Farrah Fath is around, the Days set will sink into the La Brea tar pits, weighed down by the sheer lunacy of it all.  Show can NOT handle two of them at the same time, and I can't either.

• Love 10
(edited)
31 minutes ago, boes said:

Mansi back?  Nope.  Nada.  Non.  Nah.  Whatever language, NO.  She has all the charisma of a demented bunny and even less talent.  And that Valley gurl voice........

I guess she found out that she wasn't the hottest thing since peritonitis.  But let her pursue "career opportunities" elsewhere, say, a potato stand on the Malibu Pier.

If Mansi returns while Farrah Fath is around, the Days set will sink into the La Brea tar pits, weighed down by the sheer lunacy of it all.  Show can NOT handle two of them at the same time, and I can't either.

I remember the DAYS when Farrah Fath & Kirsten Storms were the Hilton Sisters of daytime. LOL!!! They were always out and about and enjoying the single life in LA. Now, they are working mothers. Ah! To be young again. LOL!!!

Fath.jpg

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

So if Mansi's coming back, I guess that means Woody Allen never called to offer her a starring role in his latest project on account of how Streep-esque she is?  At least according to her fans  :):)

SHE'S SO OVERRATED!!!! 

I'm so bummed.  This is the worst feeling. 

I can feel it by the end of the week "Kate Mansi returns as Abifail" 

AHHHHHHHHH

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

Apparently, she was not a fan of the rape storyline involving her alter and StefaNO.  The grueling schedule of taping the shows and memorizations exhausted her.  Plus, she is still young enough to  do other roles.  I am exhausted with all things Abby...The role needs to be rested for a while. Ashley Benson was the only Abby that I liked...

If that's true, I understand but Marci is an actress and not a writer.  If she didn't like the idea than oh well.  But considering she quit and this is feeling like an exit storyline anyhow.  I hope just it's not an exit than having KM quickly take her place or some other actress like Bree Wils ?????

I'm sorry I'm just whirlwind by this. 

Damn Days don't recast!  Ship Abigail off drooling. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Ok so this just came in KM is returning but only to close out the stint.  So Abigail might be getting sent away in drool.  I don't know what this means for BF, wouldn't surprise me if the show doesn't try and write around Chad (and I like him but BFs ego can be a bit much) he might go too.  Not sure though.  I did read somewhere BF and KM dont like each other that much.  **UPDATE** Word is he hasn't renewed his contract yet. Rumors are he might follow Marci out too and Casey Deadrick might reprise the role.  I will say if CD returns as Chad, I hope he has grown'd up his acting.  Billy makes Chad into a man.  Yet if Casey does return as Chad I can see him more with Gabi or Mimi then many of would with Billy. 

https://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/days-casting-news-marci-miller-quits-kate-mansi-back/

Screenshot_2018-05-09-10-47-59-1.png

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, BlackMamba said:

Thankfully it's only a short run.  How short of a run though. 

It could be 3 months or more..I wonder why Marci chose not to continue and just finish the story...

• Love 2
(edited)

Unless they are planning another big story with Abby that has wrapped up when Marci leaves, they should either have an complete breakdown to ship her off the show or if Billy leaves have them leave the show together.

Whether it is Kate or Marci as Abby, I am still annoyed that Sami was never to return the slap Abby gave her after it was revealed that she slept with EJ. 

Edited by nilyank
  • Love 8

Color me disappointed...I did not care for Kate Mansi's acting style nor for the character of Abigail.  But, Marci Miller slowly changed my opinion, she brought a vulnerability to the character of Abigail and made acting choices that actually made me feel emotions for Abigail.  Marci did not have the usual 'blonde soap actress" look, she embraces her bohemian style.  I wish her luck in future endeavors, and cant say I am looking forward to Mansi's return.  

• Love 10
(edited)
17 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Whether it is Kate or Marci as Abby, I am still annoyed that Sami was never to return the also Abby gave her after it was revealed that she slept with EJ. 

That's the thing KM fans believe this is when she became Meryl Streep and she started eating the show whole.  Once KM got pushed into AS and JS orbit the show has treated her like poo smelled of roses since. 

22 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

It could be 3 months or more..I wonder why Marci chose not to continue and just finish the story...

Ughhhh 90 days???! ?  That's too much time for the Abigfail fans to rally for her to return full time. 

22 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I wonder why Marci chose not to continue and just finish the story...

I read she has projects lined up but I looked at her IMDB page I don't see anything but two projects for 2018

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 3

Man, I'm disappointed by this turn of events. I really came around on Abby because of MM.  This show is going to lose me. I feel it. No hints of JJ and Gabi reuniting. Theresa more than likely just coming back to cause trouble for Brady and Eve for a bit and then head out. The college age set sucks. 

Now Mim and Bonnie, ummm, no. 

• Love 7
Just now, Rowan said:

Man, I'm disappointed by this turn of events. I really came around on Abby because of MM.  This show is going to lose me. I feel it. No hints of JJ and Gabi reuniting. Theresa more than likely just coming back to cause trouble for Brady and Eve for a bit and then head out. The college age set sucks. 

Now Mim and Bonnie, ummm, no. 

There is a rumor that Kyle Lowder, who was the original Brady will now come back, as Philip.  I could see Ron doing that..

• Love 4
12 hours ago, BlackMamba said:

UGHHHHHHH WORD IS KM MIGHT BE RETURNING 

giphy-downsized.gif

IF THAT'S THE CASE THE SHOW WILL GO BACK BE WRITTEN AROUND HER AND SHE'S GOING TO EAT THE LIFE OUT OF DAYS LIKE SHE DID FOR FOUR YEARS. 

AHHHHHHHHHH

https://daytimeconfidential.com/2018/05/09/rumor-report-is-kate-mansi-returning-to-days-of-our-lives

giphy.gif

On the heels of news that Marci Miller is leaving Days, Soaps.com has learned that Kate Mansi will be returning to the NBC soap opera to reprise the role of Abigail Deveraux DiMera, one she played from 2011 to 2016. The actress won a Daytime Emmy for Outstanding Supporting Actress in 2017 after Mansi made the decision to leave Days in June 2016. Soap Digest is reporting that Mansi will return this summer on a short-term basis. Stay tuned for her first return date.

http://soaps.sheknows.com/days-of-our-lives/comings-and-goings/1981/kate-mansi-returns-to-days-of-our-lives-as-abigail-dimera?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=editorial&utm_content=1521510506

• Love 4
50 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

There is a rumor that Kyle Lowder, who was the original Brady will now come back, as Philip.  I could see Ron doing that..

HUH????! ? WHY COULDN'T HE BE ANDREW DONOVAN!  JESUS THIS SHOW DONE WON ALL THESE AWARDS AND GOING THROUGH CHANGES. 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, BlackMamba said:

HUH????! ? WHY COULDN'T HE BE ANDREW DONOVAN!  JESUS THIS SHOW DONE WON ALL THESE AWARDS AND GOING THROUGH CHANGES. 

I sometimes wonder if the writers even remember there is an Andrew Donovan to remember in the first place.

• Love 5

Well this a turn of events. Hopefully it stays a short term for KM. 

This would be a good time to focus on the over 30 set. But Chloe is the only one in that group on contract.  It’d be nice for Belle, Shawn,Philip to return full time. We will see what happens. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Man this is weird...did Marci storm out unexpectedly or did they just assume she would stay and didn't leave themselves an "out", necessitating another actress stepping in?

I'm guessing they might be trying to save face..."Marci don't wanna stay? She don't care about our plans for the characters? Fine - Kate can do it and we'll give her a really happy ending."

But still, this is all weird. Haven't heard of frantic recasting like this since the 90s.

She should either have a complete breakdown to ship her off the show or if Billy leaves have them leave the show together.

Agreed. I want the former, but since they already did that, I'm guessing it'll be the latter and we'll lose Billy too. Bummer there. I want to see him given other material. He's been all about Abby now for years. What the hell did Chad ever see in her? I can't remember...

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 5
17 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Lots o' rumors.  Billy Flynn will be leaving when Kate Mansi goes, and Casey Dietrich is already back filming as Chad.  Just rumors so far, though.

I hope not.  CD wasn't a good actor IMO, at all.  

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Lots o' rumors.  Billy Flynn will be leaving when Kate Mansi goes, and Casey Dietrich is already back filming as Chad.  Just rumors so far, though.

5 hours ago, boes said:

I hope not.  CD wasn't a good actor IMO, at all.  

That. I saw that last night and threw up a bit. NO to Mansi and definitely no to Casey. He could play teen but he doesn't have the range to play a nuanced adult Chad.

• Love 2

Ughh I cant.

Kate coming back is bad enough but the idea of losing Billy, and CD coming back? Ugh. Talk about a step backwards. IMO Billy coming on as Chad is one of my all time favorite recasts.

I hope RSW is sticking around at least?

• Love 3

But why...?

If Abifail and Chad are going...and Clyde and Jordan aren't around....what's the point of him staying? So Eve can cry at him?

They should have brought back Xander full time.

• Love 4

Gosh golly gee!  Farrah Fart AND Casey D.???  Ron sure knows how to bring back the real talent, am-I-rite?  

Can Maggie's newish daughter be far behind?  

Good times folks, good times.

• Love 8
14 hours ago, boes said:

Gosh golly gee!  Farrah Fart AND Casey D.???  Ron sure knows how to bring back the real talent, am-I-rite?  

Can Maggie's newish daughter be far behind?  

Good times folks, good times.

I'm LMAO.  You win the internet for today.  So snarky but yet so true!!!!!!!!

• Love 3

I read a RUMOR (my emphasis!) on another board that Stephen Nichols is out, but that MBE re-signed. Sigh. Hope it's not true, but considering that online post of Nichols' that we dissected some time back, well...

If so, sucky news all the way around.

• Love 5
55 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

I read a RUMOR (my emphasis!) on another board that Stephen Nichols is out, but that MBE re-signed. Sigh. Hope it's not true, but considering that online post of Nichols' that we dissected some time back, well...

NOOOES!!! Not Patch! What is left to watch on this dang show??

(What online post was that??)

• Love 4
1 hour ago, WendyCR72 said:

I don't like this news at all.  But Stephen really shouldn't have opened his mouth.  Ken might be punishing him for that.

15 minutes ago, Prin Holmes said:

I don't like this news at all.  But Stephen really shouldn't have opened his mouth.  Ken might be punishing him for that.

To be fair, he has always been like that. He hated the Marina retcon years ago and the stories that Steve and Kayla got, after they got married. He walked away from the show, the first time. He also hated that Steve and Kayla had had a son. He wanted them to adopt Philip's son, Tyler, a.k.a Pocket.  He has always been very vocal, as an actor. He clashed with the producers of other shows, when it comes to bad writing and keeping his characters' integrity..

• Love 5
3 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Dammit! I'll be done for sure. I love them both, but I'm not sticking around for another Steve skips town or fake death. While I'll be disappointed if he's truly out the door, I kind of  admire that he doesn't tow the party line when he knows that it's shitty. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

To be fair, he has always been like that. He hated the Marina retcon years ago and the stories that Steve and Kayla got, after they got married. He walked away from the show, the first time. He also hated that Steve and Kayla had had a son. He wanted them to adopt Philip's son, Tyler, a.k.a Pocket.  He has always been very vocal, as an actor. He clashed with the producers of other shows, when it comes to bad writing and keeping his characters' integrity..

Considering that Philip and Stephanie later got involved and fell in love, I wonder how that story would have been if Kayla and Steve adopted Tyler but Philip didn't find out about it until after he was with Stephanie.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

The rumor was at Daytime Royalty. Don't know yet if it's true. The article about Farah says she's only back short term. According to DR, Days tried to get Eileen Davidson back but Y&R said no, so they recast with Stacy Haiduk. 

2 hours ago, Nonnie said:

I had forgotten about “Pocket”.......please remind me why he was named, or nicknamed, “Pocket”!

I think it was because of how tiny he was, at the time, of his birth. I could be wrong. Somebody please correct me...

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I think it was because of how tiny he was, at the time, of his birth. I could be wrong. Somebody please correct me...

Where is Pocket/Tyler now?

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Philip gave him up for adoption. It never made any sense to me that Kate and Victor were okay with that decision.

That's crazy!  There's a Kiriakis out there somewhere and Victor hasn't brought him back to be under his thumb?!

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, bannana said:

That's crazy!  There's a Kiriakis out there somewhere and Victor hasn't brought him back to be under his thumb?!

Exactly! both Kate and Victor were both deprived of raising their children. There is no way that they would allow their grandchild to be raised by strangers.

It would have made sense for Bonnie to track down Tyler and use him to get her hands on the Kiriakis money. Tyler is also her grandson via her daughter Mimi... As usual, Ron ignores pertinent history to push his agenda.

• Love 6