Type keyword(s) to search

Salem International: Casting Notes: Arrivals & Departures

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, BlackMamba said:

"Mia" is being cast for Days. 
Based off the character description, this might be the Ciara recast. 

That's interesting, considering her small role on Chicago PD hasn't even aired yet (it will tonight).  And from the spoilers for tonight's episode, I can't imagine she's in it for more than 10 minutes, so to put it on her resume?  Sorry, but that seems like a stretch.

I hope that "ripped jeans/motorcycle girl" isn't really the description of the Ciara still to come. I really wanted Days to go back to little LB's somewhat selfish princess take on the character and just mature her a bit. That's probably who she should have been from the start.

I agree.  I think the main problem though was they cast a girl who can't even believably play a human, no matter how they wrote Ciara it wasn't gonna work with her in the role.

• Love 3

Seems like James Lastovic (Joey)  could be out at Days

His momanager has tweeted that the writers have let him go after doing a two yr contract run.  But she deleted the tweet. 

But you know I caught the tweet. ?

With the possible Ciara recast and possibly this, it seems like the show is going to make some effort to tweak its teen scene. 

Stay tuned. 

Screenshot_2017-03-22-18-12-56-1.png

• Love 3

Someone should tell mom maybe she's a little biased.  James was better than Vivian, but barely.  He had the same expression 90% of the time, completely lacking anything resembling charm.

Oh and about the sex professor we were talking about earlier, he airs next week, and he's not in Ciara's story, he's in Nicole's.  He's the husband of her new neighbor up in Canada.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ihavenoidea said:

Oh and about the sex professor we were talking about earlier, he airs next week, and he's not in Ciara's story, he's in Nicole's.  He's the husband of her new neighbor up in Canada.

I thought he would had been in Ciara's exit plan since she's been doing all that online dating.  Interesting info. 

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 6:04 PM, BlackMamba said:

"Mia" is being cast for Days. 
Based off the character description, this might be the Ciara recast. 

There is a video of the young lady who auditioned below in the article.  Nothing to write home over since it's audition. 

http://www.thatsup.info/2017/03/judilin-bosita-joins-days-of-our-lives.html

Actress IMDB
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4097097/

When I saw the name Mia, I thought we were getting a recast of the old character Mia.  Chad and Will's old girlfriend, Grace's mother.  I would much rather see her back to help shake things up with the mid-twenties crowd.  We need another female in that group.

I won't miss Joey at all. The actor definitely looked the part of Steve and Kayla's son, but as you've already noted he was just so one-note. The writing for him has been terrible too, but he's emerged practically unscathed compared to what happened to Ciara, Chase and now Claire.

• Love 1

I won't miss Joey. In fact, I wouldn't miss all of the teens if they simply disappeared.  I think they all could have been better if the the writers had let them spend more time with their families instead of turning them into criminals, victims and practically orphans. 

As for Joey, I wonder if they are recasting, or writing the character out for a while. He's been struggling with guilt over killing Ava, so maybe he either ends up going to jail or away for therapy.  

• Love 3

I'm wondering what it means for MBE and SN, to be honest.  Their contracts may be up around this time as well, and if the new writers want some room to shape the canvas may end up being affected by that.  Of course with Irizarry and Zucker recently out, there may be a little more slack.

I've had my fill of JLa's Joey, but do regret that the particular teen scene didn't really get established.  The show desperately needs a new set of young characters to gel, and I thought they were all likeable enough at the beginning.

• Love 2

I definitely agree that the casting dept. is not doing a good job. The way this show is produced maybe you get what you pay for in more ways than one.

They definitely need to tweak the teen scene. They definitely could use another young woman who is not related to the Bradys or Hortons like Mimi and Chloe. Not personality wise particularly but just so everyone isn't related. 

I say all that but I really wouldn't hate if they sent Allie to Salem to stay with Lucas. Probably not going to happen though. 

• Love 2

Hell, they should bring on an aged Joy Wesley to mix it up with them!  She's related to no one but Chloe, who'd have something more to do other than obsess over a baby who isn't hers.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I won't miss Joey at all. The actor definitely looked the part of Steve and Kayla's son, but as you've already noted he was just so one-note. The writing for him has been terrible too, but he's emerged practically unscathed compared to what happened to Ciara, Chase and now Claire.

Joey's one note always seems to involve mouth breathing.

• Love 4

A Martinez is leaving next week.  Apparently he will be getting arrested. 

No shock here since:

A.  He and VI were brought on by Josh Griffith.  They all have ties to Santa Barbara.  Once Griffith was fired A went quickly on recurring.  

B. Eduardo just never got a good footing in terms of character in Salem.  The writers had no idea what they wanted to do with him at all. 

The character won't be missed for me but I've liked A since I first discovered soaps.  Best of wishes to his endeavors. 

On 3/23/2017 at 9:03 PM, carrier76 said:

Joey's one note always seems to involve mouth breathing.

Something tells me Tripp will find out Joey murdered Ava.  He will be the one to tell the police about it.  Joey will probably be found guilty and send Joey a way for awhile like they did with Eric and Gabi.  Then bring him or a new Joey in reprise the story. 

• Love 2
On 3/21/2017 at 9:04 PM, BlackMamba said:

There is a video of the young lady who auditioned below in the article.  Nothing to write home over since it's audition. 

http://www.thatsup.info/2017/03/judilin-bosita-joins-days-of-our-lives.html

Yeah, I could see this person potentially being the new Ciara.  She looks the part.  The character reading opposite her sounded like something that Tripp might say...thinking there will be a chem test with them.  Personally I'd like to see him with Claire, kind of snap her out of her ego.

Sorry but that girl looks nothing like a Ciara recast.

I'm sorry for his fans but seeing A Martinez go is just another step in the right direction. They seem to be cutting out everyone who needs to go and I hope they continue.

• Love 2
23 hours ago, BlackMamba said:

A Martinez is leaving next week.  Apparently he will be getting arrested.

Next week in terms of the episodes or next week in terms of taping?

6 minutes ago, Cupcake04 said:

Is Scooter the same guy that played Sloane on GH? If so the hair/makeup at Days is waaaaay better than GH! Way more handsome than he ever was as Sloane.

Yes, indeed.  That is Robb Derringer, who played Kyle Sloane.

20 minutes ago, Vyk said:

Yes, indeed.  That is Robb Derringer, who played Kyle Sloane.

Thank you! He was so smarmy on GH it took me half the episode to figure out where I knew him from.. 

• Love 1
On 3/30/2017 at 3:02 PM, Silver Raven said:

Corday who said that they're going to concentrate on humor and romance.

I distinctly remember Corday talking about a return to romance at one point and it ended up being EJ being obsessed with Nicole's sister's scarf. I'm all for more humor they can sometimes do that right.

• Love 2

Please more humor.  The last really humorous thing that I remember was the "Pot Book Club".  That and that hilarious scene of that "jogging/dancing" woman that Sami ran into while her and EJ were chasing the detective who had conflict with Will.  It was such a truly LOL unexpected moment that most of us on the board thought it was some weird outtake that made it into the show.

• Love 5
On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 6:20 PM, ihavenoidea said:

He finishes airing next Friday.  He must have last taped this past September.

I think he'll air again, at least one more time, on Monday.  Today's episode didn't build up to his departure quite enough.  I think he's gone on Monday for sure, though.

On 1/24/2017 at 0:05 AM, Silver Raven said:

And Dena tweeted, "Don't worry. I won't be back. Ever."

And Twitter is asking her to promise.

Thank god for that, Lady. Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.
(I'm rude)

On 4/7/2017 at 3:01 PM, Silver Raven said:

Xander returns on April 26.

Eye Candy.

• Love 2
On Thursday, March 23, 2017 at 4:08 PM, Sonoma said:

It's strange really.  Nadia Bjorlin is no award-winning thespian and her peers were pretty green when they started.  (With the exception of Kirsten Storms, who had experience and was the best actor of the bunch IMO even though I couldn't stand squeaky Belle).  Yet they had enough charm and chemistry to not only make their group work but make it one of the best teen scenes in daytime history, certainly the best one on DAYS.  They had a solid 3-4 year run in front burner storylines and huge events. didn't they?  Again, I love NB but can admit she isn't the best actress and still, she was able to become a character viewers loved and remain on the front burner in TWO supercouple/popular pairings. 

So to me, that means the casting department is failing the show.  Whatever they're doing, it's not working.  I think the actress who plays Claire is talented but sadly doesn't seem able to generate chemistry with anyone.  Which to me, for a soap actor, is worse than not being able to act.  (See above.)  As for the actors who play Ciara and Joey, they should've been jettisoned soon after they arrived, much like they replaced original teen Philip with Jay Kenneth Johnson pretty quickly. 

I also thought some of them were likeable individually but as a group they don't click.  The chemistry is not there as a group of friends, much less for romantic pairings.

I don't think its odd that Nadia while not being very good is better than the current teen set not as far as acting ability go except for Olivia & Kyler who are better actors than she is 2 me but they're the only ones & thats it. Being Real even with her limitations she in her teen set was overall better cause she was able to show screen presence, likeability & chemistry with costars & love interest alike even if I hated one of them (Broe). That is something that the current group has shown themselves not 2 be able to do.

I really like Olivia & hate what they've done 2 Claire. Her & Theo at the beginning were cool but hate the direction they've taken them. Claire needs some guidance & to go back to school.

Edited by NiqueAlexis

I hope those recast of EJ rumors are untrue and the 2nd rumored return is CM as Will. I agree with you all that have said that would a great story and well worth a Sami return where an EJ resurrection would be.... well just not worth it IMO.

Disclaimer: I'm a new viewer to the show but watched a ton of EJ/Sami and Will/Sonny clips (CM's version). LOL

Edited by SanLynn
  • Love 1

Not sure how I feel about a Sami visit.  She left shortly after I started re-watching (Jul 2014), so she's been gone most of the time I've been back.  

If it helps bring viewers back, then it is a good thing. But, personally, I'm getting tired of the revolving door of characters. Maybe it's always been like this, but it seems we just start to care about, or at least get used to, a character and they either leave town or simply disappear.  So a 2-month visit from Sami feels like more of the same. 

• Love 1

And CM's return could be handled by a writer who won't shy away from the physical intimacy. That's part of the reason the PaulSon reunion has fallen so flat for me. They don't get to play any of the physicality of it. They told each other I love you and no kiss really?!

But that probably belongs in the bitterness thread.

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, worleybird said:

Caroline Brady has been dropped from the end of show cast list as of today.

:'(

51 minutes ago, SanLynn said:

And CM's return could be handled by a writer who won't shy away from the physical intimacy. That's part of the reason the PaulSon reunion has fallen so flat for me. They don't get to play any of the physicality of it. They told each other I love you and no kiss really?!

But that probably belongs in the bitterness thread.

Carlavati had no problems with gay intimacy on GH.

• Love 2

:( :( :(

I have no idea what they're going to do about Caroline. I really wish they had planned ahead given her age, but then again they didn't even plan ahead for Joe did they?

Is there any reason not to keep her name in the credits? Is there some kind of Union situation where if you keep someone's name in the credits they get paid even if they're not on the show anymore?

• Love 1

This was posted by Jason47 over on the other forum:

Peggy McCay's cousin/fan club president, Denise Kiel Smith, posted this comment today on my FB page:

"Thank you for your acknowledgement of Peggy. I always wished she would've received a Lifetime Achievement Award. As Peggy's cousin and president of her fan club I can say that she had serious surgery and had a long difficult recovery. When there was a small storyline for her she wasn't ready to return. Since then she hasn't been back. Peggy's fan club is still active and I print out FB comments for her to read. She's working on a documentary which is near completion. Peggy has been slowly working on her biography, too. She's finally getting to spend with her precious dogs Ollie and Emmy. She'll be thrilled to see all the love.

• Love 8