Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

How 'bout some truth in advertising here? Monica lost CHILDREN, plural. THREE not even COUNTING the Holy Hitman. Dawn, AJ, Emily. Monica even walking upright is an accomplishment.

And one of said children was murdered by the show's romantic lead, who spent the episode getting hugs from children and having wine with his lady.  Fuck off!

• Love 7
45 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:
6 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

How 'bout some truth in advertising here? Monica lost CHILDREN, plural. THREE not even COUNTING the Holy Hitman. Dawn, AJ, Emily. Monica even walking upright is an accomplishment.

And one of said children was murdered by the show's romantic lead, who spent the episode getting hugs from children and having wine with his lady.  Fuck off!

And giggling about being called a mob boss. GAH.

Also, I think losing a child isn't quite the unimaginable horror for Monica that Frank's intern thinks it is, seeing as she's lost THREE, as people have pointed out.

• Love 6

The imbalance has been a long-time thing, too. I remember back when there were actually Quartermaines on the show, some of the male actors who played the Quartermaine men -- I think, Damon, Ingle, and Kurth -- talking about how Maurice always was the last face seen going to commercial. One of them joked that even if he wasn't even in the scene, it would cut to him listening in from across the street, or something. This was in the early aughts.  

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

If they're going to do TBTs, they should give us the original date. I see it's the 8,000th episode celebration, but some of us are lazy and don't want to google.

Also, no TG? Baby JJ is adorable, though.

It would have to be between 1993-1995, because Rosalind Cash (Mary Mae Ward) is in the picture. 

1 hour ago, ch1 said:

Another character past his sell by date to eat the show.  No thanks.

When we already have that character on canvas eating more than his fair share of the show.  I really never thought it could get worse than the Guza Trinity, but Jason x 2 is definitely testing that theory.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Asp Burger said:

Age has made Burton look more and more like Christopher Walken. Would that it had given him either the acting ability or the dancing ability.  

Granted these are still shots and one standing-still teaser, but he seems so stiff. From the small amount I saw of him on Y & R, he had a lightness and agility to him. Now he just seems like a block of wood again.

• Love 1

That picture of the three of them makes me irrationally angry.  Seriously, those three and the obscene amount of air time they sucked up drove me away.  Even though I am not watching and won't be personally impacted, knowing that there is going to be a return to those dark days makes me stabby.

• Love 5

In the new issue of Soap Opera Digest, on sale Friday, Steve Burton opens up about his return to the show he called home for decades after debuting as Jason in 1991. Leaving GH in 2012, he says, “was definitely one of the hardest decisions I’ve ever had to make in my entire life.” But after relocating his family to Tennessee and a four-year, Emmy-winning run on Y&R as Dylan, the time was right to check back in to Port Charles. “The emotional attachment I have to the show, to the people, to the crew, to everyone there, was obviously a gigantic part of my decision-making,” he notes. “Now, I’m like, ‘Man, I am so blessed just to be able to go back to a show that I grew up on. And hopefully finish there.’ It’s kind of like the circle of life in a weird way.” Burton reflects on the phone call he placed to Billy Miller (Jason) before returning to the studio, his emotional first days back on the job, and much more in his first interview since news of his return broke this summer — and assures fans that his comeback will be a lengthy one. “I’m there long-term,” he enthuses. “This is not stunt casting, for me to be there for a month and leave. At all.

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/exclusive-steve-burton-return-gh/

MAURICE BENARD INTERVIEW

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/icymi-maurice-benard-interview/

Edited by Neptune

Good lord, that Maurice interview.

"Steve's like a brother.  No, wait, it's like I'm his Uncle.  Billy's a friend.  Happy, happy, happy."

"That was a tough day, but I loved the writing."
"I thought it was going to be ridiculous, but it was great."

He sounds like a robot.  I'm sure he's just happy to be sucking up half the salary budget, so everything is great! as far as he's concerned.

Grahn related: “Here’s my statement: I hope it works out with Will.  I literally know nothing. When it comes to contract negotiations it’s none of my business, or anybody else’s.  It’s tricky stuff.  I just renegotiated.  Mine went swimmingly.  Will’s is going how it’s going, and only he knows what that is.  Having said that; I would love for him to come back.

I would love for them to continue this story in an appropriate and realistic way. The two of them are madly in love with each other -’madly’, I stress.  They both come from very violent families, and it makes sense that they would be together. The characters just need to both understand and dig deep as to why they are there, and go through that, and come out the other side.  That would be cool, and that’s how I could see them reuniting.  Alexis and Julian are addicted to each other, and that has to be addressed.”

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/news/ghs-nancy-lee-grahn-makes-statement-on-william-devry-julexis-future/2017/08/11/

WDV re-signed a while ago, sadly. Nonetheless Nancy sounds like she's metaphorically running to the car and fumbling for her keys in that statement.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 1