Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

18 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

"The problem with this picture is...there's a greasy SERIAL KILLER at the table."

"The problem with this picture is...Craig and Alex have to sit under the table."

Your turn!

Jason IS a killer and I hate Franco.

• Love 4
On 5/23/2017 at 7:57 PM, yowsah1 said:

I was originally going to say "Jason Thompson fans", but then I realized - Jason Thompson doesn't have fans.  At least not the way Maurice Bernard or Becky Herbst has fans.  Much as I hate the character of Sonny Corinthos, I have to admit - his fans may argue about which woman in his harem he should end up with, but as long he is front and center and driving story (and winning), they're happy.  I have literally never seen a post by a "Jason Thompson fan" where he wasn't treated as an adjunct to Kimberly McCullough.  And Kimberly McCullough fans were remarkably open to numerous other pairings for her - I saw posts excitedly talking about the possibility of Jason/Robin, or Lucky/Robin, or the like.  But Jason Thompson?  It was Scrubs or nothing for him.  I don't hold it against Scrubs fans that they agitated for their favorite pairing - that's what fanbases do - but I do hold it against Thompson that he not-so-subtly encouraged Scrubs fans to try to kill whatever new pairings the showrunners came up with, all the while insisting on retaining his leading man status.  He wanted it both ways.  And now he's stuck.

They managed to convince FV/RC to throw in the towel on two Jason pairings in a row, that's not nothing.  But once again, fanbases agitating for the pairings/stories they want is par for the course, I only wish us poor Liz fans would have the same success in killing off Friz that Scrubs fans had in killing off Patrina and SamTrick. 

They really should have written him off when KM left, just have the two move cross-country to work at a new hospital like they eventually did.  It would have worked out better for everyone involved.

Unemployment office.  ;)

I am never in favor of an actor losing their job, because the other half of a pairing wants to move on.   RC should have never showed Robin being alive and allowed Patrick to grieve before even think of bringing in a new love interests.  Patrick being paired with Sabrina was a huge mistake and Britt should have been one of many women that he slept with out of grief and loneliness.

• Love 3
(edited)

Sam doesn't have to hate Franco for being a serial killer. He's kidnapped her, sat her on a(n inert) bomb just to screw with Jason, stalked her, filmed her having sex with her husband while on her honeymoon, drugged her, and sexually assaulted her in an attempt to make her believe that he raped her. That he is also a greasy, former SERIAL KILLER is probably the least of her issues with him

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 14

Despair in the Afternoon and I definitely share a wavelength:

https://despairintheafternoon.wordpress.com/2017/05/24/nurses-ball-2017-day-two/#more-21227

And after suffering through all that endless mopey eyes and chimera talk, we didn’t even get a satisfactorily soapy reveal scene with everyone in the same room! And now we’re stuck with scenes like today, where Anna bumped into a good friend she hadn’t seen since March, belatedly remembered to tell him she’d been replaced by her evil retroactively twin and put in a medically induced coma and…

• Love 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

Sam doesn't have to hate Franco for being a serial killer. He's kidnapped her, sat her on a(n inert) bomb just to screw with Jason, stalked her, videotaped her having sex with her husband while on her honeymoon, drugged her, and sexually assaulted her in an attempt to make her believe that he raped her. That he is also a greasy, former SERIAL KILLER is probably the least of her issues with him

Franco has had bad taste in his victims since day one. (Sam, Lulu, Carly) I mean, you know. If you're going to terrorize someone, pick someone interesting, at least. Pick someone who doesn't suck all the energy out of the room when they walk into it(Sam) or suck all the air out of the room when they open their mouths to speak(Carly). Forgot about Maxie. What the crap was that all about, anyway? Oh, and Lulu. Just.....why? I think at the time, they were trying to say Jason was close to Lulu. When what was really happening was, show didn't think the murderer had enough people talking about how great he was.

Franco likes dull women. Both as victims, and as romantic interests.

He's a failure even as a serial killer, since all of them are still breathing. I'm all for him dying or going to jail, but he better do something right and take them all out for good on the way out. Well, Lulu can live for Tracy's sake. The other ones(including Nina, forgot about her) they can all die.

It's no loss.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Lulu replaced Maxie. It was mostly contrivance so Dante could rescue her. I thought JMB was fantastic in those scenes.

I think I watched about five seconds of all of that. I really don't like James Franco much as an actor, and since it was just a vehicle to prop up Jason and Sam(how many more times will the audience have to sit through them as victims up against some supposedly evil big bad?), I skipped most of it. That kind of trope got old after Manny. I find it hard to believe that many men would be obsessed with Jason OR Sam. They have the personality of turnips, FTLOG.

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Lulu replaced Maxie. It was mostly contrivance so Dante could rescue her. I thought JMB was fantastic in those scenes.

She really was. And as much as I miss the actress I'm glad that she's been spared the Ice Princess, cousin fuckin and baby rabies stories that ER got stuck with 

• Love 7
(edited)
14 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

Meanwhile, the CW is doing a remake of Dynasty and the trailer for that show looks soapier than anything JP/SA have  managed during the course of their entire terrible careers.

Actually, I've heard the new Dynasty looks really bad (well, okay, Michael K from Dlisted wasn't happy at all; I haven't been able to bring myself to watch the trailer yet). At the very least, it seems like something that is too 80's to ever be recreated in a way that could be enjoyed properly.

But I'm getting off-topic here. :)

Edited by UYI
On 5/24/2017 at 4:23 PM, TeeVee329 said:

"The problem with this picture is...there's a greasy SERIAL KILLER at the table."

"The problem with this picture is...Craig and Alex have to sit under the table."

Your turn!

The problem with this picture is that Sam looks bored as hell, Jason looks like he's going to murder the room, Franco looks like a hungry bum, and Liz can't save this scene.  

• Love 2

emma-is-done-with-everthing.jpg

Thisclose to making these two poor fuckin' kids' dead faces my new avatar but after Mary Tyler Moore Flip Luke it would be my most questionable yet to the general public

• Love 11
(edited)

The shot of her standing, waving her arms and howling "I'll solve the puzzle, Pat!" "No money down!" "Release the Chimera!" was even worse. I had to laugh at that bit, especially the line. I couldn't help myself.

2 hours ago, Badsamaritan said:

@jsbt I did it for you..... Don't say I never gave you anything. ;-)

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, Chairperson Meow said:

Kassie DePavia is returning to Days now that she's cancer free..... It's the perfect time for Roger to jump ship.   Because we need a win, and that win is a Franco death.  Idgaf how he dies.  Just kill Franco.  

• Love 5

And why is he even coming back? His father isn't dead and his grandmother supposedly wants to keep him safe from Valentin. Bringing him back to PC is not the way to do that, so just leave him off camera at his French boarding school and be done with it. He's neither needed nor wanted in PC. Is he going to stay with Lulu/Dante/Laura?

• Love 7
(edited)

There was a fan event and amusingly, LW is sick of Carly talking about Morgan too. And damn it, DZ continues to pound the Dante should go work for Sonny drum. I wouldn't care, the guy is just angling for what could get him screentime, but I get nervous the writers could indulge him.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 8
41 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

Oh, Dom. Please don't subject us to that.

I could get behind it if Dante actually ousted Sonny lol. Or offed him.

• Love 10

http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2017/06/ratings-soaps-total-viewers-6

GH
Monday: 1.77/2,406,000
Tuesday: 1.86/2,424,000
Wednesday: 2.01/2,687,000
Thursday: 1.72/2,353,000
Friday: 1.79/2,439,000

Since I'm barely watching, I looked at recaps to see what was popping off that week. NB kicked off Wednesday with a 2.01 and then dropped off a cliff for Thursday and Friday, which included the riveting drama of NotDeadJake's Can 'O Chimera and the Carson/Ava bullshit. This was their big "sweeps" stories, people. So now my question once again is, WTF are Uncle Frank and Jelly still in charge?

Let's place some bets on how much lower that number will go over the summer....I got $20 on a 1.6......

• Love 2
7 hours ago, ulkis said:
8 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

Oh, Dom. Please don't subject us to that.

I could get behind it if Dante actually ousted Sonny lol. Or offed him.

Only on alt-GH, sigh. I don't know why DZ thinks being in Sonny's orbit would give him more airtime, unless it's to sit around and talk about you-know-who. He doesn't need to be with Sonny to do that.

All of the stories are dead in the water.

• Love 7
(edited)
21 hours ago, Sake614 said:

And why is he even coming back? His father isn't dead and his grandmother supposedly wants to keep him safe from Valentin. Bringing him back to PC is not the way to do that, so just leave him off camera at his French boarding school and be done with it. He's neither needed nor wanted in PC. Is he going to stay with Lulu/Dante/Laura?

Why?  Because TPTB love this kid.  I mean, he's fine, but the way the show twists itself into pretzels to cram him in when HE has the time is ludicrous.

It sounds like he's going to be bothering Laura and my poor Kevin all summer.  Booo.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5

I think the last non-baby story that DZ had was that Valerie  thing that RC wrote, and before that it was the Ice Princess where RC spent more time developing a relationship between NuLu/ Milo than Dante and his recast wife. Before that? Ummm the Balkan, maybe?

I totally appreciate that he's bored but working for Sonny won't be a better story because there aren't better stories.  JP/SA are terrible at writing Sonny/the mob and the script writers would make a complete hash of it anyway

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

I think the last non-baby story that DZ had was that Valerie  thing

What's a mystery to me is he wanted the cheating story and then he just checked out in the middle. If that wasn't checking out it was some weird acting choice from him. Of course, Sonny is used to having checked out actors for associates.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, ulkis said:

And damn it, DZ continues to pound the Dante should go work for Sonny drum. I wouldn't care, the guy is just angling for what could get him screentime, but I get nervous the writers could indulge him.

Embarrassing.  It's like when actors sign on to do the fourth sequel of a franchise, but the well is dry and #4 gets shitty reviews and no one goes to see it.

(edited)

LOL that writing at GH sent her into retirement. Though were it me, I'dhave to spend at least a month in a mental health facility. Heh.

It's likely too much to hope that even one new person will bring a change in direction for the better, but a girl can dream.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

LOL that writing at GH sent her into retirement. Though were it me, I'dhave to spend at least a month in a mental health facility. Heh.

It's likely too much to hope that even one new person will bring a change in direction for the better, but a girl can dream.

We always think that and we always get All The Days of My Sonny.  

Idgaf which writer scales Sonny back, they're my new fav.

• Love 2

The show needs someone who can write around FV's cheapness, block taping and soap gets. It would be nice if that person was actually familiar with the show and could ask for some of the GH script writers

• Love 3