Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, UYI said:

Having Tracy leave with Luke is a fate worse than death for her. If she should be with anybody, it should probably be Larry Ashton (I'd prefer Joe Jr., but he's dead). But really, I just hope she leaves to start a new life somewhere else, on her own. 

Joe Jr was the best pairing Tracy has probably ever had, because he actually cared about her with no other agenda. 

• Love 9

I am legitimately worried about her. She took a break just last year, shortly after her divorce from BB was announced. I hope she (and Harper, for that matter) is all right. 

• Love 5

I genuinely feel for her, and I hope she gets the help she needs for whatever she's battling. But yes, there should definitely be a temp recast. However, if RP isn't around, it might all be moot as it won't matter anyway. Not that Maxie couldn't be seen at Crimson, supporting Lulu at the custody trial, welcoming Baby Emily with Sam, etc.

• Love 7

I think RP already filmed his movie; he said something about being back at the set a couple of days ago. 

57 minutes ago, UYI said:

I am legitimately worried about her. She took a break just last year, shortly after her divorce from BB was announced. I hope she (and Harper, for that matter) is all right. 

BB took Harper on tour with him, apparently.

Is there a point to a temp recast at the moment though? There's nothing pressing with the character going on. I think they should give it 6 months, and then, if nothing can be worked out, recast.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4

I know RP just did his movie and supposedly back at GH. I think he'd prefer to complete his current contract and bolt. Now, with KS gone for who knows how long I'm thinking he'll leave even sooner. They were a strong couple from the get go but her leaves of absences have really impacted their storyline momentum. I'm not sure how important Maxie is to his "current storyline" but I guess they could work around her for a while. 

The one thing that I think worked well with Nathan as a character was his buddy cop relationship with Dante. They work well as partners, but they're also genuine friends and that definitely comes across.

I feel like the show has changed so much in the past 5 years that in the past losing Maxie/KSt would have been a devastating blow. But now, I feel like it's not really even that big a deal anymore. Would the show even bother to recast? They just don't even seem that interested. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

The one thing that I think worked well with Nathan as a character was his buddy cop relationship with Dante. They work well as partners, but they're also genuine friends and that definitely comes across.

I feel like the show has changed so much in the past 5 years that in the past losing Maxie/KSt would have been a devastating blow. But now, I feel like it's not really even that big a deal anymore. Would the show even bother to recast? They just don't even seem that interested. 

Honestly I think KSt has been pretty lackluster for years, so I think a good recast could have revitalized the character, IF the show still had a decent amount of recognizable faces around. Now? It'll seem like one more newbie among all the others, no matter how good she is. Perhaps if they were willing to really invest in the character . . . I dunno. 

• Love 5

Maxie doesn't have a big story right now. Yeah, she is could have a bigger role with the Charlotte crap (being tied to people on both sides). But really, she could have an extended stay from our screens. First be off on a honeymoon. Nathan can be in town and just say that Maxie is out of town job hunting or even in Portland visiting Georgie.

I'd like to see Nathan and Nina struggle with being on separate sides on the whole Charlotte issue. Even just having Nathan tell Lulu or Dante to cram it if they rant and bitch about Nina taking her husband's side in his presence. Nathan loves his sister. The whole Maxie getting fired was ok. But it would've been nice to see Nathan talking to Nina more about it.

1 hour ago, tvgoddess said:

I don't know how to feel. On one hand, I don't want KSt to lose her job--she's a divorced single woman with a 3 year old daughter to support--but if her health issues are serious enough that she has to take a break less than a year after taking another one, it might be better if she leaves permanently. Hopefully she has some money saved up, and BB obviously has Harper part of the time.

(I can't speak about whether or not the character of Maxie should be written off--I've been on the barge away from current GH for so long it's ridiculous.)

Edited by UYI
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, UYI said:

I don't know how to feel. On one hand, I don't want KSt to lose her job--she's a divorced single woman with a 3 year old daughter to support--but if her health issues are serious enough that she has to take a break less than a year after taking another one, it might be better if she leaves permanently. Hopefully she has some money saved up, and BB obviously has Harper part of the time.

(I can't speak about whether or not the character of Maxie should be written off--I've been on the barge away from current GH for so long it's ridiculous.)

I think BB could probably support Harper on his own for a while.

I saw a comment on DC that I agree with:

For KS' sake, though, I kind of wonder if it would be better for her to leave GH. Don't know what her issues are, but sometimes people need a change of environment to make any other changes in their life really stick.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

I saw a comment on DC that I agree with:

For KS' sake, though, I kind of wonder if it would be better for her to leave GH. Don't know what her issues are, but sometimes people need a change of environment to make any other changes in their life really stick.

That was my thought as well. 

I think at this point they should bring on a replacement permanently. 

I didn't mind Molly's Maxie. ABC and CBS like poaching each other, they should get Linsey Godfrey. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 4

Yeah, I'm down. Let her go to get help, write Maxie out. Recast in 6-9 months. I'm fine with Molly Burnett, Linsey Godfrey or whoever. If at some point Kirsten can return and the show is still standing I am all for that. People have been ignoring this issue for too long.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Yeah, there's definitely something going on there.  I hope she gets whatever help she needs.  

Sincere well wishes to Kirsten Storms. With that said, something is clearly very wrong, especially if Harper is allegedly with her father alone. Let Kirsten get help for whatever ails her. That is the important thing here.

As for Maxie, as said above, losing her/KSt 5 years ago would be another blow, but these mysterious issues and lack of care with writing her have so marginalized the character, I'm not sure she's vital right now. And this is where fucking Guza's shortsightedness for shock value hurts, because Georgie The First could have picked up the slack if a child of Frisco/Felicia (and Mac) was still needed on the canvas. And even if Maxie could be recast again - be it temporarily again or permanently (which, honestly, I think it should be by now) - it would only be Maxie in name only with another damned newbie.

So nobody wins here.

I don't wish for Kirsten to lose her job, but as was also said, maybe a fresh start is needed for her in every aspect of her life for her recovery.

• Love 7
58 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

And even if Maxie could be recast again - be it temporarily again or permanently (which, honestly, I think it should be by now) - it would only be Maxie in name only with another damned newbie.

I disagree, I don't think Maxie is unrecastable, that any other actress playing Maxie would be Maxie In Name Only.  The generally positive responses both Jen Lilley and Molly Burnett got bears that out. 

I do agree with your point about Georgie, it's crazy that Lulu and Maxie are the only female characters in their age group, a group that should really be driving story.  And here's where again I'd suggest bringing in Serena.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 9

It's not that KSt is unrecastable, especially given the piss-poor writing her character has received for the past few years, it's more that GH is pretty unrecognizable as is.

But if they did recast I'd rather have Jen Lilley. Molly Burnett was fine last time but I've seen too much of her on DOOL to believe she wouldn't become intensely annoying. Plus, I think a pairing with Jen Lilley/Maxie might make Chad Duell less chronically boring 

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 12

I still wonder what RP will do. I don't know what his contract status is but he's probably thinking it's time to leave. He doesn't really have a storyline. I know he was off making a movie but I'm not sure if the KS was happening while he was off, during or after his return. We just heard about the KS issue now but we have no idea when it started. They got the payoff of the wedding but then Maxie and Nathan went to the black hole of a storyline afterwards. He might want to bolt now while he can. Of course, it depends if he had to sign an extension to do the move or if he's at the beginning or the end of his current contract. 

I am curious exactly what is going on. I know there are rumors about a drug addiction, but the only thing I know of for sure is her DUI arrest in late 2007, but that's the only time her health issues have been tied in with legal trouble. If something like an arrest had happened again, it would have been public knowledge and made the press again, like it did back then.

OTOH, if she's managed to keep something like a drug problem a secret, than she's luckier than most celebrities these days, with all the social media we have now. I hope she does get the help she needs, especially for her daughter's sake. 

Here's are two articles about her 2007 arrest for those who don't know about it:

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/life/people/2007-09-11-storms_N.htm

http://people.com/celebrity/general-hospitals-kirsten-storms-pleads-no-contest-to-dui/

14 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

With that said, something is clearly very wrong, especially if Harper is allegedly with her father alone.

Why? BB and KSt live apart, I presume, and if they share custody, it stands to reason Harper will have time with BB alone. 

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Why? BB and KSt live apart, I presume, and if they share custody, it stands to reason Harper will have time with BB alone. 

I think she meant that it sounds like BB might have sole custody of Harper right now. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, UYI said:

I am curious exactly what is going on. I know there are rumors about a drug addiction, but the only thing I know of for sure is her DUI arrest in late 2007, but that's the only time her health issues have been tied in with legal trouble. If something like an arrest had happened again, it would have been public knowledge and made the press again, like it did back then.

I didn't really think anything of it when she first left the show - by which I mean I thought maybe it was but I didn't think oh that's definitely it. But now I do (although I'm not like oh, that's GOTTA be it, although I do think it likely). Her hair, her listless demeanor, her facial breakout. Honestly, the make-up people didn't help. I would have thought less of some acne than the make-up they pancaked on her face. 

But, whatever it is, I think she came back too early last time.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, ulkis said:

I didn't really think anything of it when she first left the show - by which I mean I thought maybe it was but I didn't think oh that's definitely it.

I did, but word about her alleged issues had been around prior to '12. People just loved Maxie and never wanted to hear it.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I'm literally loling over KeMo and BH looking utterly stunning while RoHo looks like a homeless man they brought in off the street. 

I don't have a problem with RoHo's attire as that's totally his vibe, imo.  It isn't a network event (like an Upfront with network brass) so I get why he's low key.  I love Becky and her look, but to me she looks overdressed for the event.  She nailed a polished look, it just seemed a little too formal for the occasion.  She definitely stood out, which is a good thing for her.  

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I'm just so completely over RoHo's whole shtick and his look sticks out like a sore thumb there. At least his hair looks washed though!

In any case they all, even RoHo, look about 50 times better than they do on the show.

Agreed.  

• Love 1

Most of the time on the show, Becky is either in scrubs or, you know, "Mom-at-home-wear." She does occasionally dress up when there's some town soiree, but she misses a lot of those, because the writing requires her to be at the desk when the gunshot victim from said event comes in on a stretcher. So I could see why she might want to go for "polished" at a fan event. Just a theory.  

• Love 4

So, I finally actually watched the video (albeit without sound) and it is so hilarious. BH and RoHo have the most forced smiles I've ever seen it's amazing. Weirdly, BM managed to smile without looking like he wants to kill everyone at one point, but then when they were taking a pic it was right back to his serial killer smile.

• Love 2
On 3/13/2017 at 10:30 AM, peachmangosteen said:

So, I finally actually watched the video (albeit without sound) and it is so hilarious. BH and RoHo have the most forced smiles I've ever seen it's amazing. Weirdly, BM managed to smile without looking like he wants to kill everyone at one point, but then when they were taking a pic it was right back to his serial killer smile.

LMAO! I think of it as "I am going to kill you" smile too. I don't know why BM does it though. Like dude chill out with the creepy smile. For an actor he seems to be very uncomfortable with his smile like he hates it. 

On 3/12/2017 at 7:55 PM, coffee drinker said:

I don't have a problem with RoHo's attire as that's totally his vibe, imo.  It isn't a network event (like an Upfront with network brass) so I get why he's low key.  I love Becky and her look, but to me she looks overdressed for the event.  She nailed a polished look, it just seemed a little too formal for the occasion.  She definitely stood out, which is a good thing for her.  

I don't think Becky looked over dressed at all. I think she looked beautiful and put together. RH on the other hand looked like a hobo. Seriously, even if this was not a network event most of the other cast actually tried to be presentable since it was the very first GH convention. He could have tried just a little bit. 

• Love 6

oh crap Jamey Giddens made me laugh. He was talking about Eric on DAYS, but I think he was clearly referring to Griffith too. He talks about 50 Shades of Grey is about an alpha male and it was a success, "so why [do soaps] have to have all these saaad, religious characters? Can't they be a photographer or something?" It's at about 40 minutes in.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, ulkis said:

oh crap Jamey Giddens made me laugh. He was talking about Eric on DAYS, but I think he was clearly referring to Griffith too. He talks about 50 Shades of Grey is about an alpha male and it was a success, "so why [do soaps] have to have all these saaad, religious characters? Can't they be a photographer or something?" It's at about 40 minutes in.

I think Giddens is one of the biggest soap hacks there is. So, um, there. (Sorry, I really don't like him. I think he's a phony.)

• Love 1