Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

Richard's typical suck up job. Since it's a brief break, I bet we won't even notice. Then again, even if he left altogether some might not even notice.

Ryan seems to be a nice guy though.

Every time I read an SID article I wonder how the hell they are still going. "Check out this person's instagram!" Yes, we've all already done that when it was posted. Well not all, but you know what I mean.

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

...Nathan is Port Charles' top cop?  When has he solved a case...ever?

I didn't notice that at first that this interview wasn't even with SID. They're recapping an interview he gave on the news. Good grief.

Also I want to see Paevey play a villain.

Meteors don't rise, they fall. Think of a big dull rock embedded in the ground.

ETA: "Top cop" are they kidding. Doesn't that mean the police commissioner? Jordan doesn't solve cases either, but she is the boss. Even Dante would fit that description better.

Edited by Melgaypet
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Melgaypet said:

Meteors don't rise, they fall. Think of a big dull rock embedded in the ground.

ETA: "Top cop" are they kidding. Doesn't that mean the police commissioner? Jordan doesn't solve cases either, but she is the boss. Even Dante would fit that description better.

Perhaps they meant to type "topless cop".

• Love 4
2 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

SBu on Jason (in CBS SID): "I don't want to say [Jason] was a bad guy---he was a misunderstood guy with a heart!" 

Just saw that on the YR board and had to share after cackling for 3.4 minutes.

Uh, Steve? Jason KILLED PEOPLE FOR PROFIT! That? IS A BAD GUY!

<Bangs head into unconsciousness>

• Love 15

The misunderstanding was that Jason was written as some sort of saint instead someone that should be doing a multiple life sentences in a super Max prison. However I do think it is interesting that there might have more of a backlash against  Jason than Guza and co. would have lead us (and  I mean TWoP boards and a few blogs) to believe. 

• Love 3

If you look at the whole article though, SBu was describing Jason as not a good guy in general though:

"'A lot of people here don't know me from my past work,' explains the actor, who played mob enforcer Jason on [GH]. 'They didn't get a chance to see the dark side [I could play]. I don't want to say [Jason] was a bad guy - he was a misunderstood guy with a heart! But Dylan is definitely a good guy, and it was kinda cool playing this undercover [persona], because I got the chance to combine both characters by having an edge. That is so different from Dylan.'"

http://forums.previously.tv/topic/3761-reel-to-real-backstage-twitter-all-media-dram-ugh/?page=65#comment-2919969

Labeling Jason as "misunderstood" is erroneous though still. "Having a heart"? Sure, I'll give him that. Misunderstood? About what? If anything, people misunderstood just how gross his job was and how Sonny did NOT force him into doing it.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, ulkis said:

If you look at the whole article though, SBu was describing Jason as not a good guy in general though:

Eh, not really. He was more comparing  Jason to Dylan because Dylan is legit a good cop. I think he believes what he said. Jason had a dark side but was good-hearted and misunderstood. Jason was not a bad guy to SBu.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, WendyCR72 said:

Uh, Steve? Jason KILLED PEOPLE FOR PROFIT! That? IS A BAD GUY!

<Bangs head into unconsciousness>

LOL. This. Also, there's a JT article in the same mag. He has a line about keeping in touch with Kim and how he talked to her "yesterday." So sweet.

• Love 3

It's the best place for him. They've also apparently rehired legendary DAYS scribe Sheri Anderson as a consultant, who wrote for the show in one of its golden ages.

I have many issues with Ron but Ron is suited for DAYS and always has been. His worst is also often still better than DAYS' best at most points over the last 17 years. Sad but true.

• Love 6

I will be watching. Hiring Anderson as well as him is a good attempt to save that show, but unless they can do something about the financial issues (which Frank handled at OLTL and GH, for awhile anyway) and keep Ken Corday on a leash, ol' Ken will be firing them and rehiring his pal Dena Higley in six months or less. That's how he is, an obsessive micromanager who only likes his friends.

• Love 2

I'm with jsbt that Farah Fath is the likeliest Ron alum to pop up on Days, given that it would also let him play on the show's history.

ETA...and apparently Dena Higley is getting salty all over the place?  Oh girl.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

But, Ron, don't start by like, I dunno, trying to get JPL rehired as Philip.  Or bringing back Farah Fath as Mimi.

With those two in particular, he does have truly terrible taste.  The closest either of them should come to Hollywood is selling popcorn on the Malibu Pier.

Robin Strasser is relocating to L.A.......who could she play on Days?

8 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

Shout out to Corday for hiring someone who was fired from his previous job because of his trash writing.

Corday certainly has experience given all his hirings and rehirings of Dena Higley, who IMO is worse than Ron.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Harmony233 said:

I hate to admit I'm kinda curious how RC will do under someone besides FV lol.

I always thought that Passions would be the perfect show for RC to write, and I don't mean that as an insult. Hopefully RC has learned a lesson with what happens when betray the core of a show like he did with GH and anger the base. Hopefully it also helps Days that RC is under complete new management on all levels. Farrah Fath will probably return and I am sure gobble up the screen time, but if JPL comes back as Philip, DooL needs to make it known that they offered the role to Jay Kenneth Johnson first. I am really glad FV didn't accompany him because RC will have less power to cast the show with his "friends".

• Love 2
On 12/6/2016 at 9:22 AM, TeeVee329 said:

I definitely agree with your point about the same 5-10 writers/show runners being cycled through the remaining soaps and that it's exciting that Y&R is making a real attempt at something different.  I also agree that Frank and Ron have made some mistakes over the years.

But there does some to be some rose-colored glasses going on regarding the state of the show before Frank and Ron took over.  Guza and JFP were driving the show into the ground too, just in a different way.

I know this is almost two months old, but since no one pointed it out:

Garin Wolf's tenure was sandwiched between Guza and Ron, and people turned on his ass at breakneck speed. 

Edited by UYI
  • Love 2