Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

You beat me to it, ulkis.  Ah, Brydog. Don't ever change.

In regards to KA vs. HE, no contest. I can tolerate Hayley, I cannot tolerate Kristen Alderson as an actress. And I think this calls for that GIF of Kiki jumping into the river.

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, tvfanatic13 said:

I can't pull up twitter on my work computer. What did he say?

Here it is:

Just so everyone is aware I am still in the "Young Lead Actor" category for the @DaytimeEmmys. I was 24 when I filmed all my stuff for GH

And, according to this source, Brydog is a free man:

http://us.blastingnews.com/showbiz-tv/2017/01/general-hospital-spoilers-and-news-bryan-craig-living-apart-from-kelly-thiebaud-001386901.html

Edited by rur
15 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

I think the gritted teeth smile thing is how he naturally smiles.

I think that's his natural smile, too, but that doesn't stop me from finding it highly amusing. (I don't mean this to sound snippy.) He always looks like he can't wait to get away from whatever it is he's doing.

I love your new avatar, ulkis!

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Mrs. Stanwyck said:

Aren't they a couple?  Or did they break up?  I seem to remember pictures awhile back of the two of them snuggling at the beach.

They were, but I think they've since moved on. Someone posted some pictures of him with another woman. I think they were probably more a friends-with-benefits thing, seems like.

7 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Boo!they deleted the tweet before I could see it.

I know! I always enjoy seeing BM's smile.

2 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

He smiles like a little kid.

You know what, that might be what it is. I used to get "I would rather murder everyone than be here," but now I do kinda see it as more of a kid smile.

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I know! I always enjoy seeing BM's smile.

You know what, that might be what it is. I used to get "I would rather murder everyone than be here," but now I do kinda see it as more of a kid smile.

Reminds me of my 5 year old nephew

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

Not news, but: ulkis, your avatar is staring into my soul. I seriously got a soft warm blanket to wrap myself in, which, it is cool in my house, but also I need comfort and protection.

That's just that de Vry charisma working its wonders!

• Love 4

Morgan could easily be recast. Bryan Craig was hardly the defining actor for the role. Though I don't think Morgan is needed on the show. They didn't know what to do with him when he was around. They don't know what to do with any of the characters they have, for that matter.

• Love 8
On 1/14/2017 at 0:51 PM, ulkis said:

That's just that de Vry charisma working its wonders!

I haven't been here very often recently, and I legit thought that was Miley Cyrus at first. What is WDV doing there?

Also, you and tvgoddess were wondering recently when BC and KT were to be married before they (apparently) broke up. I found the article you posted last year, and it said their wedding date was supposed to be March 18th, 2017. But I guess that's over.

I am pleasantly surprised they have been so private about it, though. That shows some emotional growth on both their sides. 

Edited by UYI
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, UYI said:

I am pleasantly surprised they have been so private about it, though. That shows some emotional growth on both their sides. 

You are a good person. I am not, because I'm sad that their break-up didn't manifest in all kinds of shade-throwing and bitchery and self-centered passive-agression on social media.

• Love 8

What the everloving fuck??

from SOD:

GH is on the hunt for a recurring role “that will work the month of March”, described as “63 to 68 years old, Caucasian male. British. A charming con man.” The show is considering “British actors and actors who can do a flawless accent.”

is this a Larry recast? 

13 hours ago, UYI said:

I haven't been here very often recently, and I legit thought that was Miley Cyrus at first. What is WDV doing there?

Also, you and tvgoddess were wondering recently when BC and KT were to be married before they (apparently) broke up. I found the article you posted last year, and it said their wedding date was supposed to be March 18th, 2017. But I guess that's over.

I wanted the drama quite honestly, as I'm beyond bored with most everything GH. I am trying to get caught back up though. (Only thing I could not stomach watching so far and had to FF was Carson sex. Oh, and I had to look away at Liz and Franco kissing. Ewwww.)

Re: Tonja article - well, she's delusional about Frank, but other than that it was sweet. Sad about her husband, glad he's in remission. Pancreatic is so deadly.

Edited by tvgoddess

When would a soap normally announce they're going off the air? I ask because, I know it's TCA week and a lot of networks use this time to announce new shows, scheduling, etc. so I wondered if ABC would be talking about a 3rd hour of GMA. I'm still pretty convinced that's what they're setting Michael Strahan up for, but they would have to say what's getting booted from the line-up to make way for it. I also feel like that's one of the reasons they kept WdV and haven't booted anyone. I mean, weren't there rumors that the guy playing Andre the shrink was being let go? And also why there seems to be so many dropped plot lines (Ava and the pills, Valentin killing Nic, Kristina and her professor, turning GH into condos, etc) and them not casting anyone in pivotal roles, like Lucky. Because I mean, who was waiting for undead Olivia Jerome? Anyone?? Wasn't there a casting call late last year for a middle aged dude that we all thought was gonna be RebeccaHaydenRachel's father because it said something about a 'Madoff' type or something? They also obviously truncated the Claudette story, considering how much they raved about having Bree to write for.

I also wonder if they're looking at some kind of ABC soap hybrid since they now have AMC & OLTL back, to placate soap fans for canceling all of them. That might not be a completely terrible idea though. They could do it telenovela style and highlight each set of characters for a story arc, like 6 weeks of a story featuring AMC characters, then OLTL characters, etc.

They need to do something, because what they're putting out right now sucks worse than a ho in a hurry.

• Love 1
57 minutes ago, Badsamaritan said:

I also wonder if they're looking at some kind of ABC soap hybrid since they now have AMC & OLTL back, to placate soap fans for canceling all of them. That might not be a completely terrible idea though. They could do it telenovela style and highlight each set of characters for a story arc, like 6 weeks of a story featuring AMC characters, then OLTL characters, etc.

If ABC wants out of soaps, which it appears they do, I doubt they would get rid of GH and then replace it with another one. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Badsamaritan said:

When would a soap normally announce they're going off the air? I ask because, I know it's TCA week and a lot of networks use this time to announce new shows, scheduling, etc. so I wondered if ABC would be talking about a 3rd hour of GMA.

ABC already had their turn at TCA last week.

On 1/18/2017 at 7:36 AM, Badsamaritan said:

When would a soap normally announce they're going off the air? 

AMC and OLTL's cancellations were announced in April of 2011, so...wait until April, I guess. 

Edited by UYI
  • Love 1

So many little nuggets of silly writing in one short SID post:

http://abc.soapsindepth.com/posts/general-hospital-ryan-paevey-leaving-villain-movie-123530/photos/ryan-paevey-outdoors-01-226653

But this may be my favorite:

In the on-air segment, Paevey also discussed his jewelry-making and photography that he sells on his website, FortunateWanderer.com, as well as his love of the outdoors and his meteoric rise to success on GH.

Come on. The writer has to go with "meteoric"? He can't go with "and his success on GH"? Or "and his favored turn as Nathan on GH"? We go straight to "meteoric"?

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3