Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

52 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I think the show could reboot, but it's obvious Frank and the writers don't want to put an iota of effort into the show.

For this show to reboot half this cast needs to go and the focus needs to shift to the hospital and those that work there

2 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

Nah, she's still Second Kelly. No one cares about Kelly Sullivan.

Heh.

But seriously, I was waiting for an Instagram video with KT presenting him a chocolate Oscar or something.

Maybe I'm just impatient. 

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

There's no point in rebooting while Jelly and Frank are still there.

I kinda hate that we lose our biggest comic relief, but keep the biggest problems with GH in the same week.  Like, what's next week?  Ron joins the writing team again, but Mo leaves the show in a rage quit decision?  Sure, we get lols for a few days, but we have to watch an even shittier show.  Sigh.

Oh gawd...

https://www.change.org/p/abc-bring-back-sabrina-and-nickolas-or-frankvalentini-needs-to-go-he-is-killing-off-our-beloved-characters?recruiter=597347441&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=share_twitter_responsive

What's funny is how this person is arguing two things.  "Value legacy characters over shoved-in newbies!  But also, bring back shoved-in newbies!"

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Ratings are in...apparently they still haven't figured it out:

http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2016/09/ratings-new-low-bb-women-18-49-demo?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Women 18-34 Rating
GH 0.32 (same/-.11) <—— ties low (7th straight week) *

I don't....

RC was (deservedly) fired for results like this. Why are FV/JP/SA still here?

I hate that CBS and NBC obviously care enough about their soaps to make changes in an effort to improve their shows while ABC obviously doesn't give a shite

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

I don't....

I hate that CBS and NBC obviously care enough about their soaps to make changes in an effort to improve their shows while ABC obviously doesn't give a shite

Correct. They're just waiting till they can cut the cord.

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

I don't....

DAYS and Y&R/B&B are owned by someone else, so they kinda have to change stuff because they have someone else to answer to.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, ulkis said:

DAYS and Y&R/B&B are owned by someone else, so they kinda have to change stuff because they have someone else to answer to.

But of course since DAYS tapes six months in advance, those changes are almost always moot. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, UYI said:

Maybe I'm just not cynical enough,

Also, it's not about being cynical, I swear. :) I'm really not trying to insult TeCa or Ron and claim they're not being sincere or whatever with each other. 

TeCa/Sabrina was Ron's fave. He created the character. There was a point where she was the LEAD. Episode count and screentime was off the charts. He clearly wanted her to become successful (as any writer would). But his obsession with pushing her to the forefront is what screwed him over in the end.

6 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Sigh, indeed.  I can live with FV, but I was so hoping to be rid of the writers.  Ugh, they could write a textbook on how to make a soap boring and how not to invest your viewers.  Honestly, he had his problems, but I wasn't bored by RC.  I'd take him back in a heartbeat.

6 hours ago, Sake614 said:

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/exclusive-gh-killed-sabrina/

“It’s always very difficult to kill off a character, but sometimes, the story demands it.” In this instance, “We thought it would be important to give what Paul is doing more emotional foundation for our audience to have him kill someone who was literally in the wrong place at the wrong time and is somebody we care about.” 

More likely they saw the comments in the forums on how this was the lamest serial killer storyline ever and figured they'd better kill off someone who wasn't a dayplayer as a sop to the audience.

3 hours ago, Francie said:

The only Kellys that matter are Joe, Rose, and Paddy. 

Those were the days.  I still lament that Rose/Hutch didn't get off the ground.

• Love 1

Sonny throws his hands up as if it's so infuriating to him that the system allows mobsters to go free for such silly reasons! Those hands that he throws up, by the way, are covered in the blood of many, most importantly the beloved biological father of his own adopted son.

OMG, best. 

I also adore this Lulu screencap:

6a00d83451b72b69e201b7c8939f65970b-pi

Lulu: Did I say I was done talking about embroys?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 9

Yep, ABC is just watching this show die, bit by bit. And with a post or two about a few affiliates changing GH's time slot, I think ABC is content to just ride this out until the money stops and it has to cede the hour (as it cannot seem to find a national replacement that sticks).

• Love 1
2 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Yep, ABC is just watching this show die, bit by bit. And with a post or two about a few affiliates changing GH's time slot, I think ABC is content to just ride this out until the money stops and it has to cede the hour (as it cannot seem to find a national replacement that sticks).

I have a hunch that Michael Strahan's promotion to GMA cohost has something to do with ABC Daytime's plans. They aren't going to maintain 3 full-time anchors for a 2-hour show. I wouldn't be surprised if ABC slowly makes deals with the affiliates to trade GH's hour for the 9/10 a.m. slot currently for after GMA ends. 

They are doing this all gradually, hoping to reduce the blowback they got when they canceled OLTL and AMC. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, UYI said:

Heh.

But seriously, I was waiting for an Instagram video with KT presenting him a chocolate Oscar or something.

Maybe I'm just impatient. 

I'm starting to think that things aren't quite so rosy with the two of them any more.  I noticed on Thighbolt's most recent birthday, there was no mention of her birthday by him on Twitter at all, and no mention from her of some awesome birthday plans he spoiled her with.  Stuff like that is their thing.  And she still hasn't mentioned his leaving on Twitter at all, except for responding to thank someone who tweeted that they were going to miss him and they also already miss her so much.  

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

I'm starting to think that things aren't quite so rosy with the two of them any more.  I noticed on Thighbolt's most recent birthday, there was no mention of her birthday by him on Twitter at all, and no mention from her of some awesome birthday plans he spoiled her with.  Stuff like that is their thing.  And she still hasn't mentioned his leaving on Twitter at all, except for responding to thank someone who tweeted that they were going to miss him and they also already miss her so much.  

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo they can't break up :(

I think they're still cool, she posted a birthday picture on instagram:

It is weird she hasn't mentioned his leaving though on twitter. Maybe she just hasn't gotten around to it yet? 

• Love 3

Aaron Refvem still looks maybe 15. There is no way they're gonna bring him back knowing Morgan got his dick wet with Ava on the regular. What are they gonna do when she vamps her way into a scene with Alfalfa?

• Love 4

What they could do is reveal Brydog's Morgan as an imposter who the citizens of Port Charles, especially Sonny & Carly, were too stupid to realize wasnt the real deal.

The real Morgan is a cop who happens to be gay and is dating a doctor.  

The whole thing can be explained via comercial break:

Dying Brydog's Morgan: "ya see, Im not the real Morgan mmm'kay . . . [insert commercial break] . . . and thats the whole story mmm'kay" :dies:  :scene switches to RoHo making woobie faces:

• Love 5
13 hours ago, ulkis said:

It is weird she hasn't mentioned his leaving though on twitter. Maybe she just hasn't gotten around to it yet?

I could see it being something she's not super thrilled about, given that she doesn't have a steady job, and now he likely chose to leave his steady job.  Maybe that's why he had to sell the 'Vette?  Can't have a car payment like that when you don't have a guaranteed income coming in, and you've got a wedding coming up?  I could see her having to talk him into that one.  

Either that, or she hasn't mentioned it yet because she's working on some huge over the top "celebration of some kind," whether it's another fake trophy, cake, or party?  

With these two, it could really go either way.  

Edited by KerleyQ
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, jsbt said:

Aaron Refvem still looks maybe 15. There is no way they're gonna bring him back knowing Morgan got his dick wet with Ava on the regular. What are they gonna do when she vamps her way into a scene with Alfalfa?

I just died.  But...I kinda want this to happen...

4 hours ago, Tiger said:

What they could do is reveal Brydog's Morgan as an imposter who the citizens of Port Charles, especially Sonny & Carly, were too stupid to realize wasnt the real deal.

The real Morgan is a cop who happens to be gay and is dating a doctor.  

The whole thing can be explained via comercial break:

Dying Brydog's Morgan: "ya see, Im not the real Morgan mmm'kay . . . [insert commercial break] . . . and thats the whole story mmm'kay" :dies:  :scene switches to RoHo making woobie faces:

Totally want this to happen.  Minus the RoHo woobie faces.

• Love 2

Can I say something possibly controversial about the John Stamos show thing?  Do I think that idea and KMc's show sound very similar?  Of course.  But people on Twitter are throwing around words like "Plagerism!" and "Stealing!", which...no.  I don't think there's something malicious at work here, Hollywood latches on to multiple projects with the same idea lots of times and, you know, he did star on a daytime soap in the '80s and is not prohibited from developing material based on that himself.  

• Love 11

I think people shouldn't just throw around large accusations, for sure. But the fact is, no one knows. You may not think there's something malicious and it's just a coincidence. And that's fine. But me? I doubt it. I think Stamos knew. It's waaaaay too similar. It's not a subject matter that would be frequently pitched right now. His experience on soaps was also very, very short. He probably heard about Kim's idea from Kin S. But that's just my thoughts on it. Again, no one knows on either side. It's all speculation.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Can I say something possibly controversial about the John Stamos show thing?  Do I think that idea and KMc's show sound very similar?  Of course.  But people on Twitter are throwing around words like "Plagerism!" and "Stealing!", which...no.  I don't think there's something malicious at work here, Hollywood latches on to multiple projects with the same idea lots of times and, you know, he did star on a daytime soap in the '80s and is not prohibited from developing material based on that himself.  

And unlike KMC he would have experienced/actually been apart of the drama on GH's set during the two years he was on the show. KMc was a child then and she said herself she was shielded from alot of the on set drama. Things she heard later on he would've actually witnessed as an adult.

4 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

Just let Mark Teschner have complete control on the selection on finding Morgan recast. I have a feeling that FV had too much input on BryDog getting cast. 

Teschner hasn't chosen a strong male actor for GH in years even before FV came on board. He's been living off too much hype for awhile now.

Edited by In2You
9 minutes ago, In2You said:

And unlike KMC he would have experienced/actually been apart of the drama on GH's set during the two years he was on the show. KMc was a child then and she said herself she was shielded from alot of the on set drama. Things she heard later on he would've actually witnessed as an adult.

She has said in the past that the adults thought she didn't know what was going on, but did. But that's irrelevant at the end of the day as to whose idea and pitch it was. Stamos can't just claim it because he was older. 

11 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

I could see it being something she's not super thrilled about, given that she doesn't have a steady job, and now he likely chose to leave his steady job.  Maybe that's why he had to sell the 'Vette?  Can't have a car payment like that when you don't have a guaranteed income coming in, and you've got a wedding coming up?  I could see her having to talk him into that one. 

Not to be a shitty gossip (too late!) but it is kind of insane for him to leave when he has blown major bank on the Corvette and a wedding. Next he'll be trying to sell other shit on twitter.

• Love 5

I don't think there's no chance it wasn't a coincidence, but I think Stamos ripped off Kim McCollough, honestly. She's been talking about it for years, and all of a sudden his pitch gets picked up? And I do feel bad for her cause whether his shows fails or succeeds I think either way it means chances are less someone is going to pick up her show.

That picture fills me with rage cause he wrote "Q's", not "Qs", damn it.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

She has said in the past that the adults thought she didn't know what was going on, but did. But that's irrelevant at the end of the day as to whose idea and pitch it was. Stamos can't just claim it because he was older. 

She as a little kid knew these people were doing drugs on set and hooking up with each other. I highly doubt.

18 minutes ago, In2You said:

She as a little kid knew these people were doing drugs on set and hooking up with each other. I highly doubt.

Maybe not when she was 7, 8, but 11, 12, probably. And probably she probably knew a lot of stuff at the time she didn't understand, but probably realized what it meant later on.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3
24 minutes ago, ulkis said:

She's been talking about it for years,

Talking about it, holding public readings of the script, filming a "pilot" for Sundance....The fact that JT, Tyler, Vanessa, and others have been publicly calling this out, as well, is not for nothing either.

6 minutes ago, In2You said:

I don't know what she specifically knew. I only go from what she's said. But I also don't view Kimberly as the average kid back then. She was insanely mature for her age.

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, In2You said:

People always underestimate kids. Kids are not, generally, stupid. They notice things. They may not fully understand what they see and hear at the time, but they can remember and figure them out.

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

People always underestimate kids. Kids are not, generally, stupid. They notice things. They may not fully understand what they see and hear at the time, but they can remember and figure them out.

And it's also possible that when she went home she told her parents about her day. And even if she didn't know what was going on when she saw it, her parents reactions might have tipped her off that the behavior might be taboo. When I was little and would encounter a word I didn't know, I'd ask my mother about it. It didn't take me too long to figure out that when her first question was "Where'd you read that?" that the word had something to do with sex. Kids figure things out, and I'm sure she did, too, even if the memories were more fully fleshed out later. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, jsbt said:

Not to be a shitty gossip (too late!) but it is kind of insane for him to leave when he has blown major bank on the Corvette and a wedding. Next he'll be trying to sell other shit on twitter.

Not to mention that I think he bought a motorcycle or two as well, AND he and Kelly bought a house together within a few months of dating (thanks, Instagram!).

• Love 1
1 hour ago, jsbt said:

I fully expect to see more items for sale on his Twitter account.  He probably thinks he can get a premium from fans who want to own something Bryan Craig owned.  

• Love 3
12 hours ago, ulkis said:

That picture fills me with rage cause he wrote "Q's", not "Qs", damn it.

The writers can't get right when to use "I" and "me"—even when it's beyond simple to figure out—so I'm not surprised possessives and plurals are also beyond Frank's grasp.

Regardless of who has memories of what we don't know when Stamos started pitching his concept and it's hardly an original idea. There was already a show about this back in the 80s.  And Victoria Rowell has been pitching her soap behind a soap concept for years.

• Love 1