Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

Depends on which fans. I'm sure there's a faction that doesn't want Becky with Steve on Y&R cause it means "Liz" would "get" "Jason", and some for the reason you say.

I would love to see that. I don't care , but I really would hate to see poor becky with him.
If he was on all the time telling Sonny and Carly how awesome they are

He's been laying it on thick with Sonny lately. Ugh. Did CD really like the Abby story? I thought it was terrible, even with the slight retcon that she was a stripper and not a hooker. Though being "good" sex is often how they "fix" female rape victims, so I guess yay for parity?

• Love 4

There aren't a ton of great male options in that age range but SBu's Dillon is particularly dull

Who you calling dull, hater?

Untitled_zpsklm5upxs.png

ETA: oops, I didn't realize you were talking about Y&R. Oh well, I'm still leaving it up!

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 10

I'd say it's more that they completely brushed Michael's anger under the rug, not because he's being sidelined. If he was on all the time telling Sonny and Carly how awesome they are, or telling Franco him "accidentally" sending a rapist after him was the best thing that ever happened to him and could they go into business together, that wouldn't be ideal either, heh.

I agree.  As it is, I get rage blackouts for most of Michael's scenes, because I'm just so pissed off that they had him run right back to Sonny and Carly so easily.  We could have had a long term plot of him getting revenge, maybe aided by people like Monica, Tracy, and Jax (if they could get Ingo back for a story arc).  We could have seen Sonny really lose, even if he was going to eventually be built back up.  Instead he got what was, essentially, a five minute time out, and then everybody loved him once again.  Even after Michael gave in and re-established some relationship with him, it should have been "less" than what they previously had.  There should have always been some undercurrent there that Michael does not approve of what Sonny does, that he wants nothing to do with it, because the life Sonny lives is why he thought it was perfectly fine to kill Michael's father.  

All that aside, seriously, Chad?  You're lobbying for a re-do on Mabby?  Don't try to undo the wonder that was Off-screen Crane.  

• Love 12

It's a real toss-up for my next avatar: Diane guzzling wine at Alexis' post-wedding breakdown, or that picture of Dillion Diplo.

I think RC conceived a wonderful shift for Michael when he turned on Sonny over A.J. and fully assumed the mantle of the Quartermaine scion - that's when the actor really came into his own IMO, at least during the last creative regime. His relationship with the Qs, especially Tracy, improved tremendously and the business environment suited him. I also think Chad really felt it was right for the character, and I agree. It really depends on which aspect of Ron's ADD writer's mind would show up per week or month, but I think had it been entirely up to him Michael would probably still be central in that world. That being said A.J. didn't need to die for that to happen, nor did a million other things Ron prioritized over Michael and the Qs.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 14

His relationship with the Qs, especially Tracy, improved tremendously and the business environment suited him. I also think Chad really felt it was right for the character, and I agree. 

Even after Michael gave in and re-established some relationship with him, it should have been "less" than what they previously had.  There should have always been some undercurrent there that Michael does not approve of what Sonny does, that he wants nothing to do with it, because the life Sonny lives is why he thought it was perfectly fine to kill Michael's father.

I'm gonna reply in the Corinthos thread.

I think the show has sucked since RC/FV brought back their OLTL actors and tried to force them into the canvas

I think it has sucked since Guza/Frons turned it into all mob, all the time. It had a brief reprieve where it wasn't entirely horrible at the beginning of RC/FV's reign.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 10

I think it's sucked since Guza/Frons turned it into all mob, all the time. It had a brief reprieve where it wasn't entirely horrible at the beginning of RC/FV's reign.

True. There definitely was a brief improvement when RC/FV started and although I did not enjoy most of the things he wrote for the OLTL characters, I didn't think it was awful until he brought them back as Kiki, Franco, Silas

• Love 3

True. There definitely was a brief improvement when RC/FV started and although I did not enjoy most of the things he wrote for the OLTL characters, I didn't think it was awful until he brought them back as Kiki, Franco, Silas

In my opinion, Ron had one good year, his first year. In particular, I remember being impressed by Sonny in the first time in at least a decade when he stood by Konnie once he realized what was going on with her.

Once they actually brought back the OLTL actors as new characters and brought in the retconned Jeromes, it was all downhill from there, with the sole exception of the emergence of Michael Quatermaine.

• Love 3

The Crew: Daytime legend Tony Geary presides over a McLaughlin-style panel show, with soap royalty Roger Howarth, Maurice Benard, the guy who plays Max, and Bryan Craig taking part in a freewheeling, no-holds-barred discussion of social issues and trends from the masculine perspective. Get The View...savor The Chew...kick back with The Crew

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 17

RoHo will be transferred to an ABC talk show when GH is cancelled. 

I think he'd sooner hang himself.

I could envision it.

He's sitting at the table, reading his smart phone or examining his knuckles, and occasionally responds to inquiries about whether he has an opinion with a "Huh? Nah, you're good."

I mean, as long as the check cashes.

The Crew: Daytime legend Tony Geary presides over a McLaughlin-style panel show, with soap royalty Roger Howarth, Maurice Benard, the guy who plays Max, and Bryan Craig taking part in a freewheeling, no-holds-barred discussion of social issues and trends from the masculine perspective. Get The View...savor The Chew...kick back with The Crew

I'd take that over the Talk with Port Chuck. Where Steve, Scott, Bradford, and Brandon charge the audience $75 for a seat and a picture. Then they mumble a bit amongst themselves while the audience just watches them. If the audience ever starts to turn, Brandon flashes baby pictures, and the audience coos.

Though a talk show with the knitting crew might be awesome.   

• Love 7

He's been laying it on thick with Sonny lately. Ugh. Did CD really like the Abby story? I thought it was terrible, even with the slight retcon that she was a stripper and not a hooker. Though being "good" sex is often how they "fix" female rape victims, so I guess yay for parity?

It could be more that he liked working with Andrea Bogart than the story in particular. 

• Love 1

I'd take that over the Talk with Port Chuck. Where Steve, Scott, Bradford, and Brandon charge the audience $75 for a seat and a picture. Then they mumble a bit amongst themselves while the audience just watches them. If the audience ever starts to turn, Brandon flashes baby pictures, and the audience coos.

Followed immediately by a special Monavie tasting session. 

• Love 10

From what I've seen on social media, however, Bry-dawg and and Duelly are tight, yo. So while Chad may want a better story for Michael, I don't think he resents the attention BC is presently getting.  

I could be wrong, of course. Many actors are cutthroat, competitive types, even with their friends. But these two obviously hang out and do a lot of things together that aren't necessarily part of the job, judging by photos that get posted. There seems to be a lot of affection among that part of the cast, the various portrayers of Sonny's male and female children and MB himself.  

Edited by Asp Burger

BryDog is probably more jealous of CD than the other way around. Plus, he has his girlfriend to egg him on.

Yeah. After all, Chad already has an emmy.

Chad seems like he's just happy to have a job and then go home and be a goofball.

Edited by ulkis

Frank Valentini('s intern) tweet:

Fan February continues on tomorrow's all new very special & very sexy GH.  Don't miss #GHWildWinter

...does the show not realize you actually have to do something for the fans when you call it "Fan February".  There wasn't even the BS character you'd like to see poll like last year, just the awful Michael Easton news.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

Roger Howarth discusses going from Todd to Franco. I think he's being as honest as he can be about the disaster of the character he's still playing, at least in this clip, but I am amazed that he says he didn't understand why the character wasn't going over with the audience since "I was doing what I always do."

Anyone know if he discussed OLTL at length at all? That's for the OLTL thread, probably.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 1

I am amazed that he says he didn't understand why the character wasn't going over with the audience since "I was doing what I always do."

1) Maybe Franco isn't going over well with the audience because they're not interested in seeing a serial killer being treated as a romantic lead. You know, like being paired with the mother of the son he got raped.

2) You "doing what you always do" is part of the problem. No one is interested in seeing a serial killer version of Todd.

• Love 13

I think it highlights a few huge problems :

1.) Roger wanted to play a very different character. He even dyed his hair blonde. He was directed to "do what he always did." He states that he knew Franco wasn't working, but didn't get why since he was following his bosses ' orders. (Roger Howarth doesn't do social media and admits he didn't watch JF do Franco and explains why.)

2.) Roger openly states about ME returning "I think the world of the guy, but what character is he going to play?"

3.) A fan tells Roger that ME is playing a Cassadine. Roger responds he's jealous. He says he wishes he was playing one or a Quartermaine. Which is just bringing the question why didn't they beef up the Q's?

• Love 2

What's interesting is that originally RoHo was going to a play a Q and a Cassadine!

He was going to play Alexander Quartermaine, the son of Tony Cassadine & Alexandra Quartermaine. And then they changed it to Franco at the last minute.

• Love 3

Okay this is really scary. I was NOT the woman asking the questions. I swear I wasn't. But she sounded EXACTLY like me. Right down to her laugh! Lol!

All that aside, this is probably the most I've ever heard RH talk. He certainly never did press at OLTL. But I thought he said he was doing the same thing he always did TO PREPARE for the role, not just 'I was just being me, doing my same old shtick,'

• Love 5

Well, damn. Now I feel kinda sorry for RoHo. It's not his fault that his bosses were stupid enough to believe that Franco would be a viable character. He's not and I want him gone yesterday but I feel badly for the guy who is dealing long-term with RC's shitty decision making.

Of course, I feel worse for the audience sitting through the Franco storylines so I'm still actively rooting for Jasus to murder Franco - since no one else has bothered to do it and AJ (my hero!) was pulled off when he tried to throttle him

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 4

I never found that Quatermaine/Cassadine rumor remotely plausible. I think it was fanfic.

I think RH is probably a nice guy IRL and certainly seems to be in that clip but I don't feel sorry for him - he's being paid very handsomely to deliver this show's vision of a romantic serial killer. If he had a bigger problem with it he'd walk, he's done it before.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 8

It's too bad about the Q/Cassadine idea; it's better than RC's choice - and that character could've done RoHo's schtick, the Carly romance and the Q shenanigans without the visceral disgust created by having Franco in those stories.

Hell, a reveal that he was actually the child of Heather and Scott pulling a con could've been downright enjoyable.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 2

Roger Howarth dresses and does his hair way better than Franco. Also, certain ahem actors and writers can take note- this is how you publicly say you dislike/disagree with your story/character /network without looking extremely childish. I respect Roger for that. Oddly, I respect him for not being a giant diva and demanding a better character as well because it seems like he's matured as a person since the 90s/early 2000s.

I'd buy his tell all book.

• Love 2
But I thought he said he was doing the same thing he always did TO PREPARE for the role, not just 'I was just being me, doing my same old shtick,'

That's what I heard too.  That he has a process and a way he does his homework but he wanted to play a completely different character.  And that he got conflicting notes and direction both as Todd and as Franco.

That's the first time I've ever seen Howarth talk as himself and out of character.  I think I get what he was trying to say.  And he seems like an okay guy.

Edited by amaranta
  • Love 4

Okay this is really scary. I was NOT the woman asking the questions. I swear I wasn't. But she sounded EXACTLY like me. Right down to her laugh! Lol!

All that aside, this is probably the most I've ever heard RH talk. He certainly never did press at OLTL. But I thought he said he was doing the same thing he always did TO PREPARE for the role, not just 'I was just being me, doing my same old shtick,'

You are correct he said he was doing the same thing TO PREPARE.  

Maybe I'm wrong, but Ron and/or Frank were desperate to keep the OLTL three on the show at all costs so I feel like RoHo could have used that to his advantage to get himself a better character to play. 

I seem to recall that several people leaked that when RoHo complained that RC and FV told him he was under contract and they had decided he was going to play Franco and that he would or be in breach-of-contract.  Not sure if that went down.  He must have negotiated quite a contract to resign if that was the case.

• Love 1