Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

Maybe they are nervous about their status and screen time with MSt onset and RB arriving. They have to know how fickle /ADHD Crapitini are.
Haha. Possibly? I just think it means they know what it takes to keep themselves in the forefront. Ron and Frank are obviously the types who write stories for and hire their friends. It's how all business, especially in entertainment works, you know?

I don't think Kelly M should be/would be worried. As soon as she was done with Silas they got inserted into stories with Billy Miller. Now Laura Wright? Maybe. I don't think they'd ever fire her but her screen time suffered with Franco and what would they do with her if they decided to end this pairing with Sonny? (The Marcil is always a threat lurking out there.)

• Love 1
(edited)

If RC is trying to get VM on top of bringing in RB. Then KM and LW would be the most nervous and trying to kiss up. KM wouldn't even have been cast had it not been for VM leaving. Under Guza's writing Brenda ended up spending more time with Jason than Carly and Sam.

Edited by Artsda
a writer can come in and write a story  and then move on.

In some ways, that's sort of how the last few years of PC worked: The show had "chapters" that lasted 13 weeks or whatever, and then went on to a brand-new story. I think the idea was a little ahead of its time, but it might work today, especially with the block-taping system. We essentially cycle in and out of stories the way it is; there's no reason some of those stories couldn't be self-contained. I wonder if Ron would give up that much autonomy, though. The idea wouldn't work well if the "guest" writers weren't allowed some latitude.

• Love 1

In some ways, that's sort of how the last few years of PC worked: The show had "chapters" that lasted 13 weeks or whatever, and then went on to a brand-new story. I think the idea was a little ahead of its time, but it might work today, especially with the block-taping system. We essentially cycle in and out of stories the way it is; there's no reason some of those stories couldn't be self-contained. I wonder if Ron would give up that much autonomy, though. The idea wouldn't work well if the "guest" writers weren't allowed some latitude.

Yes it would mean that Ron could not have his hand in everything, but he could keep control of the transitional arches. And I see two differences between PC, the stories would not veer as far from traditional soaps as PC, no vampires, werewolves and such because that brings characters to a place they cannot come back from, and this would be one of the "Editors" (Ron) jobs to make sure no character behaved in way that was out of character without explanation and no character could suddenly go too far from who they are: Sonny could be a mobster, even a killer, but a writer could not suddenly make him gay: Sonny has a long time reputation as a womanizer and so a writer doing an arch on him could not go far afield. Similarly Lucas could not suddenly be straight. A Mac arch would not allow for Mac to become a serial rapist, and other examples

The other big difference from PC is that the archs should overlap. Sonny and Jason can be involved in a mob war, which would at least attract Anna's attention and so she would appear in the arch but at the same time she is tied to an espionage arch involving the return of Dominic Taub or something. I know Ron likes his umbrella stories but there is no reason for ALL stories to be umbrella. Again like comic books have "Crossovers" So would the archs, maybe during sweeps

I'm posting this here because I don't think the Doppleganger is the right one, and I can't recall where I saw other posters talking about this.

It's about Genie Francis' latest commercial for Nutri System, which I have to call 'FOUL' on. Because Nutri System didn't help her lose the weight after her return in 2006, I think it was? It was Medifast.  She was hawking that for over a year.

Now maybe Medifast wasn't helping her to keep the weight off and then she went to Nutri System, but the bulk of the weight loss was due to Medifast, which we saw when she came back in 2008 when Lulu was in the loony bin and so was Laura. It was the one where Laura told Tracy she could have Luke back anytime she wanted, then left for Paris...

And I say this as a fan of Genie's. Now I can't believe anything any celebrity hawks.

• Love 2

I rarely believe any paid endorser about anything, specifically diet plans.

Normally, that's me, but I know that after Laura went cuckoo after she "renewed" her vows with Luke, she went on Medifast, and it was after that she lost all that weight. It just irks me that she's now saying it was all due to Nutri System, which, no it wasn't.

I remember when she did Medifast, the ads began appearing right around the time she finally won her Emmy in 2007. There was some controversy about the program to begin with, because the number of calories a person consumes on it, IIRC, is lower than a person should usually have to stay healthy. That said, it initially worked very well for her.

As for Nutrisystem, I think the only two long term celebrity endorsers they have ever had are Marie Osmond and Dan Marino. Pretty much everyone else only lasted a short amount of time, and some of them definitely gained weight again later on (Danielle Fishel being the main example I can think of). 

Rebecca tweeted she thinks her first airdate is 3/20 but she isn't positive.

taping information is no longer being leaked so it's harder to peg these things down now. I don't know about Dee Wallace but from the blurb on Soap Opera Digest's site it sounds like she's already taping too so she'll probably be here in a little less than a month too.

(edited)

Coming in a few weeks - Jake buys Liz a bunny.

But then Luke runs over the bunny 'cause only JaSam can have a bunny!

It's crazy that nothing has been leaked on Budig's character. Give me something!

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 3

It's crazy that nothing has been leaked on Budig's character. Give me something!

I simply cannot get excited about yet another new character. Especially when he doesn't even know how to write for the ones he already has.

• Love 3

I simply cannot get excited about yet another new character. Especially when he doesn't even know how to write for the ones he already has.

I wouldn't say I'm excited, just curious. I want to see how Ron continues to prolong the Jason reveal and something tells me Budig's character will be involved with that.

• Love 1

Right!? I don't know why he's not interested in the drama of what happens after a big secret is exposed. Characters looking dumb and clueless has never been appealing to me. Ron seems to love that.

• Love 1

Huh. This seems to be a recurring theme.

I am still trying to workout his motivation behind it, but I think we will figure out what that is.

It can’t be about money, and it’s not to get back at anybody in the Quartermaine family, unless it was AJ, but as we know he is out of the picture. Maybe power is the reason. I am not real sure.

It's always about fat, drunk AJ to Ronnie, so Tyler may not be far off!

I won't even get started on the Courtney nonsense. You know which character was important? The one who shouldn't have died? EMILY.

And Niz. NIZ. The show needs to make a choice and stick to it. Either put them together or don't.

• Love 1

I do not get his obsession with Courtney.  Yes, she's Spencer's mother.  But, does he not get that the Nik/Courtney relationship was really one of the shittiest things his character had done up to that point?  They were never this great love story.  

• Love 4

It makes NO sense. None. I'm sorry. Courtney and Jason...hell, Courtney and AJ and Courtney and Jax...were more important than Nik and Courtney. I'd rather Tyler just say he really adores ALW than claim that Courtney was this pivotal figure on the show and Nik's life.

• Love 1
(edited)

I do not get his obsession with Courtney. Yes, she's Spencer's mother. But, does he not get that the Nik/Courtney relationship was really one of the shittiest things his character had done up to that point? They were never this great love story.

Am I mis-remembering, or were they only together for about three weeks in Aug/Sep-ish 2006? Edited by Tiger
(edited)
They were never this great love story.

Nik has been a shitty partner no matter who he's paired with.

I don't think TC is wrong to want SWSNBN's name mentioned every so often when Nik is talking to Spencer. But to have her back isn't going to suddenly give the father-son relationship depth or emotion. They'd probably have SWSNBN goggling Jake. No, thank you. Let her be some sort of fever dream of Spencer's. I could buy that.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 1

I think LW and KMo know who butters their bread, and that for better or worse 'Cartini' are firmly and securely entrenched at GH & ABC.

And I can't criticize them, or anyone else who publicly sucks up to their boss(es). Daytime is now a very small pool with a large of big fish that are either smaller meals or not eating at all. Budgets are continuing to shrink, and I'd bet within the next year and a half we'll be down to just three soaps. Laura, Kelly, and anyone with any sort of sense knows they can be replaced at anytime with someone cheaper.

I can't really fault the actors, either.   It's been a vicious cycle -- the show-runners dumb down soaps so much that nobody takes them seriously, and they're all about to be cancelled, shrinking the pool of roles the actors might be able to get.  The actors don't want to make waves, and the soap media know their days are numbered, so they suck up to the show-runners and claim it's all awesome.  The show-runners have no incentive to change, and so the shows get even worse.  

The networks no longer give a crap about these shows, so they're either biding their time until the ratings get low enough to justify cancellation, or they push the shows to cut budgets until and even after quality noticeably suffers, and to generate "buzz" - bad publicity is better than no publicity, so wacky, gross-out plots are encouraged.  Which may bump the ratings for a little while, but not in any sustainable way.  And so the actors are in an even more desperate situation, even if they're front-burner like LW and KeMo have been for a decade.  

That's my theory, anyway.

• Love 4

If he thinks his character will get better writing with a Courtney return ... oh, the poor man.  He is delusional.  

I don't think he thinks he'll get better writing . . . I think he think he'll get more.

re: his description of Sonny, do the other actors actually watch his scenes?

• Love 1
(edited)

Billy Miller talked about KMc in SOD.

She's awesome. She's a lot of fun. Clearly, she grew up on this show, so being the new guy, fresh off the boat, to have somebody to ask questions of and reference with was great. She was so much fun and giving and supportive.

Billy is probs one of the main reasons I'd want KMc back. Would love to see more JnR friendship.

Edited by HeatLifer
(edited)

GHScorpiosRule

Yest. 1:40 pm

Normally, that's me, but I know that after Laura went cuckoo after she "renewed" her vows with Luke, she went on Medifast, and it was after that she lost all that weight. It just irks me that she's now saying it was all due to Nutri System, which, no it wasn't.

To be fair to Genie, she lost her sister last year, her illness is why she left GH so abruptly.  She has stated in interviews that she gained all the weight back due to stress and emotional eating and couldn't lose it again until she went on Nutrisystem.  Whether that is the complete truth I don't know but I do know that I once lost a lot of weight on a weight loss program and when I hurt my back I gained it back.  That program didn't work for me the same the second time so I went to another program and lost the weight.

Edited by linsav

Nik has been a shitty partner no matter who he's paired with.

I don't think TC is wrong to want SWSNBN's name mentioned every so often when Nik is talking to Spencer. But to have her back isn't going to suddenly give the father-son relationship depth or emotion. They'd probably have SWSNBN goggling Jake. No, thank you. Let her be some sort of fever dream of Spencer's. I could buy that.

That's all that would make sense to me, in terms of an appearance by her - her appearing in a dream (to either Nik or Spencer) during Spencer's medical crisis.  Despite what Tyler says, she's not a character who is needed on the canvas now.  But it would make sense for Spencer and/or Nik to feel an even larger need for some connection to her while Spencer is in danger like this.  I still never want to see her face, but I could accept dream/ghostly vision. 

• Love 1

KeMo just posted the most hilarious pic of her sitting on a JaSam blanket on Insta. I'm cryin'.

Omgg, and KMc commented "You're literally sitting on his face."

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 2