Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

I hope the new HW's want to take Anna in Robert's direction.

I want this so hard.

But they need to fix her relationship with Robin post haste. I will settle for one-sided conversations where Anna says into a phone "yes, I love you too, dear, and I'm so happy you're not kidnapped anymore. Call me later!" And: "I'm taking you to the spa again this weekend. Y'know, so you can recuperate some more. From all the kidnapping."

I will accept any fix of this situation at this point.

• Love 3

I want this so hard.

But they need to fix her relationship with Robin post haste. I will settle for one-sided conversations where Anna says into a phone "yes, I love you too, dear darling, and I'm so happy you're not kidnapped anymore. Call me later!" And: "I'm taking you to the spa again this weekend. Y'know, so you can recuperate some more. From all the kidnapping."

I will accept any fix of this situation at this point.

Fixeded it for ye.

• Love 2

My spirit animal JT in SID:

JT in SID: scrubs

talks about how the pairing means to him and he is holding onto it because they did it for a long time and they were great together . He understands that fans might be mad that Robin isn't around but no one should be upset with KMc and scrubs fans know she isn't to blame. Also sounds frustrated at how Robin's leaving was just dropped

JT in SID

Patrick never gets to express his point of view or talk about his point of view. Understanding story is not always about you, but it is hard when you are always there facilitating other stories and not expressing any opinions. You haven't heard Patrick's story and a big part of that is what happened with Robin since they just dropped it, so it kind of feels like Patrick is just grasping at straws

• Love 9
JT in SID

Patrick never gets to express his point of view or talk about his point of view. Understanding story is not always about you, but it is hard when you are always there facilitating other stories and not expressing any opinions.

You know, like almost every female in every story on this show for the past 20 years!

• Love 2

From Daytime Confidential

Soap Fans United

þ@SoapFansUnited1

Nathan Varni praising Haley Erin & character of Kiki & saying #GH will be digging into her character more

siiiiiiiiiiiigh

• Love 2

Soap Fans United

þ@SoapFansUnited1

Nathan Varni praising Haley Erin & character of Kiki & saying #GH will be digging into her character more

siiiiiiiiiiiigh

This proves it: ABC wants GH to die.

• Love 8

Soap Fans United

þ@SoapFansUnited1

siiiiiiiiiiiigh

And THIS is why I feel bad for Jason Thompson. That's just gross. Yes, let's focus on a mediocre actress who plays a forgettable character. That's the answer! Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 2

@SoapFansUnited1: Varni says there's more focus on SamTrick coming up. He says he's been pushing for Sam to develop motherly role w/ Emma

#GH

@SoapFansUnited1: Varni wants to explore Sabrina's back-story. Thinks she's interesting character & lots of story potential. #GH #DaytimeAfterDark podcast.

Spare me!!!

Wait, so what exactly is Varni's position again?  Is he actually in a position to make these requests?  "I like Kiki, write more for her.  I like Sabrina, write more for her."

It sounds like he's just Yes Man-ing this interview.

• Love 1

Soap Fans United

þ@SoapFansUnited1

siiiiiiiiiiiigh

I'm just going to pray someone misunderstood, and what Varni actually said was that they'd be digging her character a nice grave.  Nice and deep.  

• Love 5

Wait, so what exactly is Varni's position again? Is he actually in a position to make these requests? "I like Kiki, write more for her. I like Sabrina, write more for her."

That's why I only brought in the Kiki thing, that sounds like something that's coming up, the others just seem like what he likes. I don't think he has actual authority to make them write certain stuff.

Varni said he didn't realize there were so many male viewers, & maybe "we should measure them." #GH #DaytimeAfterDark podcast.

Oh Mr. Television Executive, if only there was some kind of system that could tell you how many people are watching your show and how many of them are men.  

Is this guy for real?!?!  

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7

All the recaps from that podcast sound horrid

more kiki

loves Sabrina thinks shes an interesting character not sure if her pregnancy will be written in

More sam/patrick sam will take on a more motherly role with Emma

more sonny and Jason

• Love 1

Wait, so what exactly is Varni's position again? Is he actually in a position to make these requests? "I like Kiki, write more for her. I like Sabrina, write more for her."

Right now I'm in shock, tbh, that this show still doesn't want to focus on Jason and Sam. Like, that's WEIRD. As in, something's going on there.

Does it not seem like this is an AU version of the show?

More like some bad drug trip Varni is on. I wish he'd keep this shit to himself and leave GH in actual capable hands. Now, whose hands those would be is anyone's guess, but anything has to be better than this.

More like some bad drug trip Varni is on. I wish he'd keep this shit to himself and leave GH in actual capable hands. Now, whose hands those would be is anyone's guess, but anything has to be better than this.

I'm laughing because this is NOT the time to alienate fans. What an idiot.

• Love 3

I'm laughing because this is NOT the time to alienate fans. What an idiot.

Oh, I still think ABC would axe GH in a heartbeat if there was a replacement. At some point, if it gets desperate enough, I can see the hour given back locally. I almost prefer that to what Varni is saying.

Based on what Varni says, he doesn't want ANYONE watching.

Sabrina? Kiki? Another woman replacing Robin as Emma's mother? Fuck all of that. The third, especially, but the other two are characters who have been around only for about three years. It's such bullshit.

• Love 1

From my unerstanding NV is FV boss.He was the one who told fans who was complainng about lukes exit there was plenty of montages of him on YT ect.

He's not.

Re: the tweets. I just . . . Kiki? Kiki????????

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

Oh, I still think ABC would axe GH in a heartbeat if there was a replacement. At some point, if it gets desperate enough, I can see the hour given back locally. I almost prefer that to what Varni is saying.

Based on what Varni says, he doesn't want ANYONE watching.

Sabrina? Kiki? Another woman replacing Robin as Emma's mother? Fuck all of that. The third, especially, but the other two are characters who have been around only for about three years. It's such bullshit.

I'm personally not over the Robin stuff. And if this show thinks Robin fans (I'm not the only one!) are itching to watch a story about her chained to a wall while another woman (that she was HELPING, btw) acts as a mother to her child? FOH, show. Completely take a seat.

• Love 6

So basically: "Let's do MORE of this shit that is pissing viewers off!"

Seriously. "Sam will mother Emma!"

Is the goal here to drive Robin fans to the point of insanity, until one of them loses it and burns down the studio?

They are doing a nice job of burning this shit down themselves. At this point, I want the ratings to stay low therefore they can see people are not buying the new shit they are selling.

• Love 2

I'm personally not over the Robin stuff. And if this show thinks Robin fans (I'm not the only one!) are itching to watch a story about her chained to a wall while another woman (that she was HELPING, btw) acts as a mother to her child? FOH, show. Completely take a seat.

First we had to watch Saint Sabrina mother Emma, and now we have to watch Saint Sam mother Emma.  We are supposed to be saying "aww isn't that sweet?" while HIV+ Robin inches closer to her 4th year in captivity

• Love 2

http://soaptownusa.com/?p=12985

some interesting stuff, although that article lost me when they said Rafe was inexplicably killed.

ETA: Okay, fine, I just posted that for the valerie/Janice the muppet picture in there, which, I think Valerie is pretty actually and Janice the Muppet is not actually ugly, just, you know, a muppet, but it might seem kinda mean to compare her to a muppet.

Just to show I'm mean to everyooooooooone, is it just me or does Billy Miller vaguely resemble Dylan Cash here?:

https://instagram.com/p/6TJMVtjcB4/?taken-by=ryanpaeveyvlieger

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

AFAIK Nathan Varni is a publiclty flack people assign way too much importance and control to. They think he's some major exec calling shots. The guy seems like a functionary. It's also baffling why DC attacks him when they must know he's not the big cheese. He's just the guy the network sends out to talk to them.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 1

First we had to watch Saint Sabrina mother Emma, and now we have to watch Saint Sam mother Emma. We are supposed to be saying "aww isn't that sweet?" while HIV+ Robin inches closer to her 4th year in captivity

HHHEEEEYYYYYY, she's getting her med plus 3 hots and a cot. WTH, else do you want????

~Ron

If, KMc would stop going after her dream, actually getting directing gigs, sitting by the pool, going to the beach, taking sabaticals in the desert, traveling and hanging out with IR, riding her bicycle with friends and hanging out with various family members WE would finish up her story.

What do you expect? Who plans ahead and locks a person into a story?

~Frank

• Love 2
Michael Easton is a wonderful (often subtle) actor

Subtle, sleepwalking, definitely one of those.

I am willing to be forgiving to correct the egregious mistake of cutting Easton loose.

Fucking spare me.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6

First we had to watch Saint Sabrina mother Emma, and now we have to watch Saint Sam mother Emma. We are supposed to be saying "aww isn't that sweet?" while HIV+ Robin inches closer to her 4th year in captivity

It's outrageous. I really have no other words for it.

Just to show I'm mean to everyooooooooone, is it just me or does Billy Miller vaguely resemble Dylan Cash here?:

https://instagram.com/p/6TJMVtjcB4/?taken-by=ryanpaeveyvlieger

LMAO.

It's outrageous. I really have no other words for it.

LMAO.

He does, right?! I'm not going crazy??? Once Emmy Rossum had sunglasses on in a picture and I thought she was Courtney Cox! I'm not the best judge of these things!

He does, right?! I'm not going crazy??? Once Emmy Rossum had sunglasses on in a picture and I thought she was Courtney Cox! I'm not the best judge of these things!

It's the hair. And the shape of his head. But I see it! Ah!

• Love 1

Now I really am rooting for GH's demise. Clearly with clueless morons in charge, there's no chance of improvement.

The ridiculous Robin stuff and more focus on Sabrina and Kiki?  KIKI?!?! Did they see her scenes last week?

That seems to be the consensus of the tweets NV is getting tonight

I hope his mentions are outta control. Heh. And I'm CRYING thinking about JT right now.

Varni: So, we heard you wanted the show to focus on your POV. We've decided to have Sam develop a motherly relationship with Emma.

JT: ......that's not what I wa

Varni: Good talk!

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 2

I hope his mentions are outta control. Heh. And I'm CRYING thinking about JT right now.

Varni: So, we heard you wanted the show to focus on your POV. We've decided to have Sam develop a motherly relationship with Emma.

JT: ......that's not what I wa

Varni: Good talk!

Sam will becomes the Emma whisperer, soothing her over her mother abandoning her, while Patrick just sits on the couch with JT trying to stay awake.  See the scenes preparing for Duke's funeral for a preview

• Love 1

Sam will becomes the Emma whisperer, soothing her over her mother abandoning her, while Patrick just sits on the couch with JT trying to stay awake. See the scenes preparing for Duke's funeral for a preview

Aw, Patrina was so cute the first time, so they're doing it again!

Aw, Patrina was so cute the first time, so they're doing it again!

I already had to twirl and shoot @Francie. Don't make me scream "REPENT REPENT REPENT REPENT" and throw a lamp at you!

• Love 1