Type keyword(s) to search

Scattered Sand: The Dropped/Unresolved Plots Thread

• Start Topic

In the spirit of the Stefano Memorial episode - where the writers remembered how Victor had helped bring Stefano back to Salem and took the effort to write a few lines to resolve it by having others finally become aware of it - I thought it might be useful to have a thread where we could keep track of current or semi-current plots that were left dangling, and then check them off the list when they are finally, hopefully, resolved.

The List

-Are there still loose diamonds in Taniel's couch?

-Is Eve still living in Salem?

-Has Andre gone to trial and been found guilty of Stefano's murder?

-Does Adrienne have breast cancer or not?

-How the heck did Sami escape the DiMera dungeon?

• Love 1

In the spirit of the Stefano Memorial episode - where the writers remembered how Victor had helped bring Stefano back to Salem and took the effort to write a few lines to resolve it by having others finally become aware of it - I thought it might be useful to have a thread where we could keep track of current or semi-current plots that were left dangling, and then check them off the list when they are finally, hopefully, resolved.

The List

-Is Eve still living in Salem?

-Has Andre gone to trial and been found guilty of Stefano's murder?

-Does Adrienne have breast cancer or not?

-How the heck did Sami escape the DiMera dungeon?

Edited by Apprentice79

If DiMera family had a serum they could use to inject people and being them back to life why the fuck did they need to pursue & manipulate Failure for her inherited Ireland nanny land parcel?

And why aren't they using it to command vast fortunes from entire countries and terrorist groups?

• Love 5

I was happy to forget that crap because of KM's constant grin when she's getting something and just puts it into her pocket like things she deserves.  She never fulfilled her promise to go see the nanny who may or may not have died by now supposedly without heirs.

Pretty much all of last year was about KM especially the anniversary.  I remember thinking, Jenn had a kid in boarding school plus a nanny and didn't even call her son home when his father died?  I get that she was angered to no end for Jack's "walkabout" abandonment. But what was she actually doing to ignore these kids so much?  I was kind of surprised Fail said she also went to boarding school, I didn't know that.  And it's bloody expensive in England. I guess it qualified her for a job at will from Jenn.  With cadillac benefits. 

• Love 2
(edited)
I was gonna ask about the loose diamonds at Daniel and Parker's apartment also.

I knew well enough to include that in The List, but since I wasn't watching at the time I don't actually know what happened there. Did some of Serena's Elephant diamonds spill over the cushions?

EDIT: How did I forget this one?

-Did anyone ever figure out that Clyde was responsible for EJ's murder?

Edited by DisneyBoy
When Eric came back to the show from Africa, he was plagued by nightmares. What happened over there?

Apparently, Elephant Diamonds.  That's all I've got, and I bet I put way more thought into it than the writers did Eric's SL.

Again this will be someway to prop princess Jar Jar since she inherited her mental illness and Ben escalated it. She would be perfect but for her shitty family and shitty ex. RME

Truth was she was always crazy in a different way than her family she was/is a deliberate sociopath with a lack of empathy for others. This is what made her appealing to psychotic Ben since he could appreciate and relate to her selfishness and moral repugnance. Of course being who she is she burned him and it set him on fire.

• Love 8

When Eric came back to the show from Africa, he was plagued by nightmares. What happened over there?

If I'm not mistaken, it was revealed that a priest was killed in front of Eric and he blamed himself.

• Love 1

If it was revealed during the elephant story i can see why I or other people don't remember that. Snoozeville.

The only thing I got out of that was Parker thinks a Cost Plus/Pier One statue is more fun to play with than Legos or Transformers.

• Love 4

Wasn't the house they reno-ed for the Bicentennial supposed to become Doug and Julie's Bed & Breakfast? I remember hearing that back in December, but we haven't seen the place since and it hasn't been referenced either...was that just a rumor or a spoiler for a plot that got cut?

Wasn't the house they reno-ed for the Bicentennial supposed to become Doug and Julie's Bed & Breakfast? I remember hearing that back in December, but we haven't seen the place since and it hasn't been referenced either...was that just a rumor or a spoiler for a plot that got cut?

They opened it. The doctor that Hope tortured was staying there.

Hope knowing Deimos was the one who kidnapped and tortured Bo is probably the most shocking of the unresolved threads that we have going right now. Bo was the big return for the 50th anniversary and his demise led to Hope shooting Stefano. But now that the series is desperately reforming Deimos to make him more viable in the long-term, are they going to sweep this one under the rug or try and address it head-on?

• Love 2
On 25/03/2016 at 5:57 PM, DisneyBoy said:

The List

-Is Eve still living in Salem? (Resolved)

-Has Andre gone to trial and been found guilty of Stefano's murder? (Resolved)

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 1

Yes I would've gone for a Chad/Ciara pairing tbh at the time. I thought she had chem with him and strangely found them tolerable together. I think it would've also been a good source of conflict for Jennifer/Hope (which rarely happens) with Julie being the referee. Theo/Chad would be at odds. 

Plus we know she seems to like Abby's leftovers anyways this might've been a good source of conflict for Cin that doesn't involve Claire.

• Love 1

Is angry John storyline dropped ?   I hope it is. 

Teresa at one point was thinking of harming Tate to keep or get Brady.  That was a storyline that needed to be dropped.   
Eve at one point was going to make Jennifer think she was going crazy.  I think they just recycled that one and made it Gwen/Abigail . 

(edited)
4 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Is angry John storyline dropped ?   I hope it is. 

Teresa at one point was thinking of harming Tate to keep or get Brady.  That was a storyline that needed to be dropped.   
Eve at one point was going to make Jennifer think she was going crazy.  I think they just recycled that one and made it Gwen/Abigail . 

When did Teresa try do that? What kind of a mother would harm her baby to get a man's attention?  That is just sick!..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 1

@Pearson80 it was in one episode.   Baby Tate had a fever I think.  Brady came right away.   They show Teresa holding baby Talking about how the key to getting Brady is through Tate.  he came to her right away when he thought Tate was sick.  We see Teresa start thinking of a scheme. Thankfully that never happened.   

• Useful 1
45 minutes ago, tribeca said:

@Pearson80 it was in one episode.   Baby Tate had a fever I think.  Brady came right away.   They show Teresa holding baby Talking about how the key to getting Brady is through Tate.  he came to her right away when he thought Tate was sick.  We see Teresa start thinking of a scheme. Thankfully that never happened.   

Thank God! cause Theresa as a character could never come back after that... 

• Useful 1

Ewww...totally forgot about that/never noticed it.

I remember Chloe doing the same thing to get Daniel to walk out on a date with Jennifer - she claimed Parker was seriously ill. I think Anne helped her plan that one.

I loved how Anne took any excuse to stick it to Jenny.

I guess if I saw Theresa eyeing Tate as a prop, I probably just wrote it off as a repeat of the "this kid can keep him loyal to me" trope.

SO glad Theresa got away from Brady.

• Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I don't know this is the same show that insists on foisting Kristen on us despite being a rapist, murderer etc. yet she's a mother so we should feel bad for her where Rachel is concerned. 

I mean I loathe Theresa but they would just have her be Sami 2.0 where Tate is concerned and Sami has done some messed up things using Will to keep a man and in his case it wasn't even his bio father either.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Theresa still hasn’t come back from everything evil she has done. I hate her and always will. Don’t like Jen Lilley as an actress either.

• Love 1
(edited)
11 minutes ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

Theresa still hasn’t come back from everything evil she has done. I hate her and always will. Don’t like Jen Lilley as an actress either.

I don't care for Theresa either, her nonsensical characterization was a slap to the face to the Kim and Shane fans.  To turn them into neglectful parents just to redeem her was wrong on so many levels.. All they had to do was say that Shane cut her off from her trust fund for being a directionless lazy party girl with no ambition and that was enough to create conflict between Theresa and her parents mostly Shane though.  I could see Kim being a permissive parent who overindulges her children due to her horrific childhood.. These so-called writers lack imagination talent and respect for the show's history and it's fans. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

I don't care for Theresa either, her nonsensical characterization was a slap to the face to the Kim and Shane fans.  To turn them into neglectful parents just to redeem her was wrong on so many levels.. All they had to do was say that Shane cut her off from her trust fund for being a directionless lazy party girl with no ambition and that was enough to create conflict between Theresa and her parents mostly Shane though.  I could see Kim being a permissive parent who overindulges her children due to her horrific childhood.. These so-called writers lack imagination talent and respect for the show's history and it's fans. 

Trying to throw Shim under the bus to “redeem” Theresa just made me hate her all the more. I hope this bitch never comes back.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Ewww...totally forgot about that/never noticed it.

I remember Chloe doing the same thing to get Daniel to walk out on a date with Jennifer - she claimed Parker was seriously ill. I think Anne helped her plan that one.

I loved how Anne took any excuse to stick it to Jenny.

I guess if I saw Theresa eyeing Tate as a prop, I probably just wrote it off as a repeat of the "this kid can keep him loyal to me" trope.

SO glad Theresa got away from Brady.

That itself was a retread. Back during the original Danloe demise, Chloe would fake illnesses and emergencies for Parker to get Daniel's attention - this was after Philip was revealed to be the father, which we know how that turned out. It eventually led to Chloe losing custody of Parker.

I actually thought Danloe had a lot of chemistry, but I truly resent how the show threw Chloe under the bus multiple times to prop Daniel and whomever he was sleeping with at the time. I'm shocked Chloe is still a viable character after those years of abuse.

• Love 3
21 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

That itself was a retread. Back during the original Danloe demise, Chloe would fake illnesses and emergencies for Parker to get Daniel's attention - this was after Philip was revealed to be the father, which we know how that turned out. It eventually led to Chloe losing custody of Parker.

I actually thought Danloe had a lot of chemistry, but I truly resent how the show threw Chloe under the bus multiple times to prop Daniel and whomever he was sleeping with at the time. I'm shocked Chloe is still a viable character after those years of abuse.

It helps that Daniel was a flop as a character and Chloe was established as a popular one before him. Like Marlena still being viable despite being possessed by the Devil and being the Salem Serial Killer almost 20 years ago. Yet she still remains.

• Love 5
(edited)
22 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

What was really disturbing was Kate blackmailing Chloe into prostitution.  I find it to be very sinister for a woman to do that to another woman,  knowing how traumatic it can be for a woman to even resort to prostitution.   Not to mention, Kate is a survivor of abuse and was herself a prostitute..  It was just a bad look for Kate to do that to Chloe. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 4
(edited)

Sarah Horton. I do recall when Kassie's Eve came to Salem , Melanie and Maggie had a conversation about Eve's ties to salem and how Eve once ran over Sarah with her car . Anyway ,the conversation ended up being about Sarah herself . And Maggie mentioned that Sarah has just agreed to be a surrogate and  carry a baby on behalf of her friend in Nashville . 

Why didnt Carlivati mention this when he brought Sarah on the canvas ? 

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 1
On 3/27/2016 at 3:09 AM, Petunia13 said:

If DiMera family had a serum they could use to inject people and being them back to life why the fuck did they need to pursue & manipulate Failure for her inherited Ireland nanny land parcel?

And why aren't they using it to command vast fortunes from entire countries and terrorist groups?

It was actually revealed back in 2005 that Andre (posing as Tony) was financing Terrorists in Iraq . The same terrorists who kidnapped Philip which led to Shawn ,Lucas ,Rex and Brady travelling to Iraq to save Philip. 

DAYS 05-17-05-6.jpg

• Useful 1
(edited)
On 6/21/2021 at 2:30 AM, 4evaQuez said:

I will never forgive Dena Higley for treating Chloe like trash .  Danloe barely had chemistry no matter how hard they tried to show how "hot " they were. That pairing was done to reduce Lucas to a chump . Afterall they took Chloe ,Maggie and Victor from Lucas  and gave them to Daniel . The sleaze even got it on with Lucas 's niece Chelsea and Kate as well. Oh and Daniel got a double slam dunk on Lucas and Jack when he got it on with Jennifer. They even took Lucas's nephew Parker and gave him to Daniel .

Back to Dena , everything Dena wrote for Chloe from 2008  till 2011 was pure BS . From her quick divorce to Brady and  her  pairing with Lucas ( thought Lucas should have hooked up with Nicole in the elavator)  and her pairing with Dr Tan all the way to her tag teaming with Vivian to kill Carly and becoming  a contrieved hooker almost descimated the character completely .  Her stupid pairing with Deimos was equally pathetic. 

I never bought that Chloe wouldnt even remotely fight for her marriege with Brady. The same man who was there for her during her liukemia  and when she searched for what she presumed to have been her bio father . And she helped Brady heal from his contrieved bitterness towards Marlena with their shared love of opera music. The same Chloe never really bothered to move heaven and Earth to search for Brady after he went missing in 2007 . Didnt even  fight tooth and nail to be there for Brady and help him with his drug addiction the same way he helped her out during her ghoul girl days. Even celebrated her divorce by giving up the goodies to Philip barely an hour after receiving the divorce papers. 

And then ofcourse when Chloe became a hooker after being blackmailed by Kate . That was pure BS . The real Chloe would have simply told Brady  ,Craig and Nancy about it . Hell, she also would have told Philip who would have no doubt stopped Kate . Bradybwould have easily told John and John ( once engaged to Kate ) would have vowed to have her arrested for pimping Chloe if she didnt backoff. Simple as that. 

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 5
(edited)
On 6/27/2021 at 2:37 AM, Rafael said:

I will never forgive Dena Higley for treating Chloe like trash .  Danloe barely had chemistry no matter how hard they tried to show how "hot " they were. That pairing was done to reduce Lucas to a chump . Afterall they took Chloe ,Maggie and Victor from Lucas  and gave them to Daniel . The sleaze even got it on with Lucas 's niece Chelsea and Kate as well. Oh and Daniel got a double slam dunk on Lucas and Jack when he got it on with Jennifer. They even took Lucas's nephew Parker and gave him to Daniel .

Back to Dena , everything Dena wrote for Chloe from 2008  till 2011 was pure BS . From her quick divorce to Brady and  her  pairing with Lucas ( thought Lucas should have hooked up with Nicole in the elavator)  and her pairing with Dr Tan all the way to her tag teaming with Vivian to kill Carly and becoming  a contrieved hooker almost descimated the character completely .  Her stupid pairing with Deimos was equally pathetic. 

I never bought that Chloe wouldnt even remotely fight for her marriege with Brady. The same man who was there for her during her liukemia  and when she searched for what she presumed to have been her bio father . And she helped Brady heal from his contrieved bitterness towards Marlena with their shared love of opera music. The same Chloe never really bothered to move heaven and Earth to search for Brady after he went missing in 2007 . Didnt even  fight tooth and nail to be there for Brady and help him with his drug addiction the same way he helped her out during her ghoul girl days. Even celebrated her divorce by giving up the goodies to Philip barely an hour after receiving the divorce papers. 

And then ofcourse when Chloe became a hooker after being blackmailed by Kate . That was pure BS . The real Chloe would have simply told Brady  ,Craig and Nancy about it . Hell, she also would have told Philip who would have no doubt stopped Kate . Bradybwould have easily told John and John ( once engaged to Kate ) would have vowed to have her arrested for pimping Chloe if she didnt backoff. Simple as that. 

Beautiful post and Dena was the worst and I bitch a lot about Ron but her mind scares me.  I have never forgiven her for what she did to Jessica on One Life To Live.  Plus, she wrote Will's disgusting brutal murder. I cried like a baby at the way that he was killed and discarded like garbage by Ben.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 2