Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: I Like Them All, I Just Can't Choose!

• Start Topic

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, TexasTiffany said:

@Fishy I love clever wordplay! I also like pickles!

My pc is working much better now. I've had a week or more of slow loading, crashing, can't access my regular pages, couldn't load photos, etc. It worried me. I sell things on ebay. I was worried it would effect my ability to do business.

I found a registry fix program with a lot of great reviews. It cost $29.99. I remembered to look for a coupon before purchasing anything online. Turns out that company offers coupons which brought the price down to $11.43. YEAH!!! I didn't want to pay $29.99 unless I really had to. I purchased. It wouldn't take my license key code. I emailed their support. Got a reply and fix in 20 minutes. It worked. I scanned. My registry restored/fixed. So far, I've been able to access my favorite sites without further problem. I feel so much better.

My reason for sharing this is to remind everyone to look for an online coupon before purchasing.

^This!  Unless it is something exclusive to QVC (like Logo) I always look elsewhere for an item and can usually find it cheaper or with discounts and/or free shipping.  Found a Lug bag I wanted on a different site, was cheaper to begin with than at Q, plus they had free shipping and a percent off code the day I bought.  I never buy Philosophy from QVC either, they frequently send e-mails with offers, just the other day they sent a 30% code because I hadn't shopped there in awhile, used it to stock up on pure grace and no s&h either!

21 hours ago, rcc said:

Mt. Olive Bread and Butter chips. The best!

Of course I had an urge for some since reading about it here and went to Walmart this morning and they had everything Mt. Olive but what I wanted. LOL

I might add that there was a kid who was throwing a fit because his father didn't want to buy him something and what did the little devil do. He went over to the Vlasic pickles display, picked one up and threw it on the floor. What a mess. The father spanked him and he screamed bloody murder so loud we could hear him all over the store. The father was lucky someone didn't get hurt with flying glass. All this at 7:30 a.m. this morning. 

I picked up my other items and got out of there before I got a headache.

Hello all.  Thought I might catch up before I fall asleep. I.AM.EXAUSTED!

Not sure where to start, will try to be brief. The surgery was about 5 hrs long, mass larger than they thought. This was on the 13th, I think? Then 2 days after surgery things really got rough. His legs, thighs and man parts swelled horribly from blood clots. The filter in his chest inserted the week before the liver surgery was clogged with them. They kept him in compression bandages with legs up, and on heparin which was at a therapeutic level because if they gave him a stronger dose to break up the clots, it would stop the clotting in his liver where they wanted it from the tumor surgery. Back and forth we went, surgery to remove the stuck clots, stay the path with the heparin. Meanwhile, he was in a lot of pain. Not from the incision, from the edema. If they went through with the vein surgery and a tiny piece broke off, it would go to his lungs and kill him. Up at 5 am every day for me, work till one, leave for the hour and half trip to the hospital. Stay till 6 pm, get home at 9 pm. Rinse, repeat. We had his colon cancer doctor, the liver cancer doctor, the anesthesia team, pain management team, hemoglobin team.... I have lost count. If this doesn't come in at 800,000 or more, I will be shocked.  He wouldn't eat, finally this past Wed the swelling they decided was safe enough to release him on Thursday. Now I am wrapping and unwrapping him, meds to disburse.. he has to use a walker to get from the couch to the bathroom.. have I mentioned I am EXHAUSTED and he is cranky? Oh, and we picked up our darling little puppy ON THE WAY HOME THURSDAY so I am potty training in the middle of home health care duties and trying to get something accomplished at work.

With all that said, I am grateful he made it through this thus far, but apprehensive of where it may show up next. I know at some point, chemo will start in earnest, just hope while he is not on it, another tumor does not show up.

Oh @Cricket, my heart goes out to you and Joe for all the challenges you're experiencing. Thanks for keeping us updated. Thankfully he's home, and I hope the new pup is providing some smiles in the midst of all the difficulties. I know many of us here have said it, but I'll say it again - we're here for you whenever you need to talk, vent, whatever. I continue to send positive thoughts and prayers your way. 

Cricket, I'm sorry to hear Joe has gone through so much pain. This is so hard for both of you. I hear you about the money issue. Try not to worry about money right now; just concentrate on Joe getting better and you being able to make it through each day. I know this sounds like pie-in-the-sky advice, because paying for such extensive medical treatment is a major problem. But both of you need all the strength you can get, and worrying about the money part will drain your strength.

So glad you got the adorable puppy home! I think he'll be a comfort to you and Joe.

3 hours ago, rcc said:

Of course I had an urge for some since reading about it here and went to Walmart this morning and they had everything Mt. Olive but what I wanted. LOL

I might add that there was a kid who was throwing a fit because his father didn't want to buy him something and what did the little devil do. He went over to the Vlasic pickles display, picked one up and threw it on the floor. What a mess. The father spanked him and he screamed bloody murder so loud we could hear him all over the store. The father was lucky someone didn't get hurt with flying glass. All this at 7:30 a.m. this morning. 

I picked up my other items and got out of there before I got a headache.

I'm glad the father did something. So much of the time kids are acting up but the parents do not care and do nothing. I feel sorry for the people who had to clean up that mess. They don't deserve that. 

I see quite a lot of inappropriate behavior. Many parents aren't teaching their kids to be good social beings.

35 minutes ago, TexasTiffany said:

I'm glad the father did something. So much of the time kids are acting up but the parents do not care and do nothing. I feel sorry for the people who had to clean up that mess. They don't deserve that. 

I see quite a lot of inappropriate behavior. Many parents aren't teaching their kids to be good social beings.

And sadly, many parents today aren't good social beings either. Some kids don't stand a chance unless an outsider helps them.

47 minutes ago, TexasTiffany said:

He's lucky it was only 7:30 at the time. Had it been busier, a handful of people would have recorded him spanking the boy on their cellphone, posted it online and cps would be knocking on his door. It doesn't matter what the kid did or that the father was disciplining him; the sanctimonious parents would be shaming him to make themselves feel better. 

5 hours ago, Cricket said:

Hello all.  Thought I might catch up before I fall asleep. I.AM.EXAUSTED!

Not sure where to start, will try to be brief. The surgery was about 5 hrs long, mass larger than they thought. This was on the 13th, I think? Then 2 days after surgery things really got rough. His legs, thighs and man parts swelled horribly from blood clots. The filter in his chest inserted the week before the liver surgery was clogged with them. They kept him in compression bandages with legs up, and on heparin which was at a therapeutic level because if they gave him a stronger dose to break up the clots, it would stop the clotting in his liver where they wanted it from the tumor surgery. Back and forth we went, surgery to remove the stuck clots, stay the path with the heparin. Meanwhile, he was in a lot of pain. Not from the incision, from the edema. If they went through with the vein surgery and a tiny piece broke off, it would go to his lungs and kill him. Up at 5 am every day for me, work till one, leave for the hour and half trip to the hospital. Stay till 6 pm, get home at 9 pm. Rinse, repeat. We had his colon cancer doctor, the liver cancer doctor, the anesthesia team, pain management team, hemoglobin team.... I have lost count. If this doesn't come in at 800,000 or more, I will be shocked.  He wouldn't eat, finally this past Wed the swelling they decided was safe enough to release him on Thursday. Now I am wrapping and unwrapping him, meds to disburse.. he has to use a walker to get from the couch to the bathroom.. have I mentioned I am EXHAUSTED and he is cranky? Oh, and we picked up our darling little puppy ON THE WAY HOME THURSDAY so I am potty training in the middle of home health care duties and trying to get something accomplished at work.

With all that said, I am grateful he made it through this thus far, but apprehensive of where it may show up next. I know at some point, chemo will start in earnest, just hope while he is not on it, another tumor does not show up.

Jesus Cricket.  If the strength to endure were a commodity, you would have the market cornered I think.  Continued wishes for a different, better normal for Joe and for you.  Though some may think it's insane to adopt a new pup, I think it's brilliant, and the first steaming pile he leaves for you will probably drop you to your knees, laughing hysterically at the insanity of it all, and that will be the reward.

Stay cool~

I'm not into "mid century modern"  design (I was alive in the 1960's), but I can appreciate it!  I'm going to share this with a couple family members who like that style.   Saw some of Dmitri's wild sport coats in the closet!

17 hours ago, Stacey1014 said:

He's lucky it was only 7:30 at the time. Had it been busier, a handful of people would have recorded him spanking the boy on their cellphone, posted it online and cps would be knocking on his door. It doesn't matter what the kid did or that the father was disciplining him; the sanctimonious parents would be shaming him to make themselves feel better. 

I didn't have a problem with a smack on the butt and a talking to and to say sorry to the employee cleaning up the mess. But this father pulled him by the arm and kept on spanking him while the kid screamed. I didn't see anyone with a phone recording it but I did think maybe someone would.

9 hours ago, SeriousPurrs said:

Want to see how Dimitri James and his husband live in Palm Springs?

http://palmspringsstyle.com/design-decor/desert-jewel-palm-springs-home-tour/

Love the cat and mirror.

Obviously Skinn does very well.

Their wedding:

http://www.gaydesertguide.com/photos/pjetur-sigurdson-and-dimitri-james-wedding.html

Interesting house, but not my taste. I think the blue and yellow color scheme is too bright and harsh. I don't like the furniture. Oh well, Dimitri and Pjetur probably wouldn't like my house either. To each his own.

Love the cute fuzzy kitty.

On 7/21/2017 at 2:51 PM, TexasTiffany said:

look for an online coupon before purchasing.

I usually look for a coupon, too. Also, many software companies offer free versions of whatever they're selling. The free versions don't have the bells and whistles, obviously.

On 7/22/2017 at 5:25 PM, Stacey1014 said:

Difficult to say. There's a school district in Texas that has approved paddling, and the Pope says spanking is okay. 

Cricket, I'm sorry Joe is having a rough time, but he's home, and that's the important thing. Continued thoughts and prayers (and a cuddle for Kody!).

you-have-to-get-up-everymorning-tell-you

Just a few things... haven't been well in weeks as I may have mentioned on the other board...

Spanking in okay in my book as a last resort - beatings are not. Dragging is not.

The UTI from July 4th has now become a kidney infection. Was a rough night... dr. appointment today at 3:30 

A man I liked and greatly respected from Mountain Men, and Turtle Island, Preston Roberts, died yesterday afternoon of an inoperable liver tumor.  Home hard. He was a good man. Will miss him and I am grateful for having even the briefest of conversations with him back in December. I found this conversation out of all the FB posts of his. It was a nice "meant to be moment" God Bless you, Preston.

3 hours ago, Cricket said:

Just a few things... haven't been well in weeks as I may have mentioned on the other board...

Spanking in okay in my book as a last resort - beatings are not. Dragging is not.

The UTI from July 4th has now become a kidney infection. Was a rough night... dr. appointment today at 3:30 

A man I liked and greatly respected from Mountain Men, and Turtle Island, Preston Roberts, died yesterday afternoon of an inoperable liver tumor.  Home hard. He was a good man. Will miss him and I am grateful for having even the briefest of conversations with him back in December. I found this conversation out of all the FB posts of his. It was a nice "meant to be moment" God Bless you, Preston.

Cricket - a bit late, but please know that you and Joe have been in my thoughts and prayers.  I have been coping with a couple chronic health concerns (nothing of the magnitude of what you and Joe are going through, but have affected my ability to post somewhat). Enough about me, I am sorry to read about your kidney infection, the last thing you need right now.  I'm hoping your new four legged friend will provide you both some well deserved diversion.  Pets have a wonderful way to relieve stress I've found!

I'm so sorry and genuinely saddened to hear of Preston Roberts passing.  I enjoyed watching his and Eustice's stories on Mountain Men; I had checked out his FB a few months ago; he hadn't mentioned anything then, the world has lost another talented, gentle soul.

(((Cricket)))  Damn, just what you don't need on top of everything else, a kidney infection. Hope the doc can give you some meds to clear it up quickly.

Zoemom, hope you're starting to feel better.

9 hours ago, Cricket said:

First rule of being a caregiver, you need to take care of yourself first. Otherwise, you're of no use to the people who need you. (I hope the doctor has some good drugs!)

7 hours ago, TexasTiffany said:

@Cricket hope the UTI clears up quickly.

SSElevated, I love the doggie photo! 

Bush's beans are my favorite. I'm glad they haven't made people sick. I've tried all the flavors. 

LOL I began buying them because I loved Duke, the dog! 

Test came back negative for white blood cells so they are sending it out now for further testing. Asked when my last pap etc was done. Great. Just what you want to hear, right? Had it done there in Feb. Did some research after she got me concerned and apparently this does happen. Put me on Cipro. Been on it before with no issues other than stomach if I did not eat first. Wow... all kinds of folks with horror stories. Never knew or was told it blows out your tendons. Nice. Well, took it in the past with no issues so going to go with that positive thought!

Back to the beans... I wish they would do some more commercials with Duke. Cute pup!

Cricket, I've taken Cipro too, several times. No problems except that it made me feel weak after a few days, and caused some bathroom problems. Overall I was pleased with Cipro because it has been very effective against infections. But of course we have to be aware of possible long term side effects.

5 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

Cricket, I've taken Cipro too, several times. No problems except that it made me feel weak after a few days, and caused some bathroom problems. Overall I was pleased with Cipro because it has been very effective against infections. But of course we have to be aware of possible long term side effects.

Good to hear. I started having a burning, tearing shooting pain down the backside of my arm last night reaching for the kitchen faucet. Then again reaching for a file cabinet pull. I am going to take one more tonight but if it is worse tomorrow I am calling my PA to see if there is another antibiotic. I don't need any more issues! This did not occur in times past, but I have not done anything I can think of to cause this either. Always something!

I knew a couple ... the man would never let his wife read the list of possible side effects on any medication because she would suddenly manifest all of them.  

8a177215dc0fcc4d09c771d18854551a--pharma

Does anyone hear watch America's Got Talent?  They had this absolutely fantastic female vocalist on yesterday (one of 2 actually).  I can't stop listening to her number on You Tube and she got to move on too.  So glad for her.

Love on the Brain

30 minutes ago, Cricket said:

Good to hear. I started having a burning, tearing shooting pain down the backside of my arm last night reaching for the kitchen faucet. Then again reaching for a file cabinet pull. I am going to take one more tonight but if it is worse tomorrow I am calling my PA to see if there is another antibiotic. I don't need any more issues! This did not occur in times past, but I have not done anything I can think of to cause this either. Always something!

I took Cipro for UTIs without any problems for years. Then all of a sudden I developed a reaction. I got a couple of red blotches on my legs. At first, I didn't make the connection to Cipro. The next time I took it a year or two later, I got a few more, larger red blotches on my arms and legs. I told my doctor about it and she decided I shouldn't take the drug anymore just in case the next time it would produce a more severe reaction. 

2 hours ago, Fishy said:

Does anyone hear watch America's Got Talent?  They had this absolutely fantastic female vocalist on yesterday (one of 2 actually).  I can't stop listening to her number on You Tube and she got to move on too.  So glad for her.

Love on the Brain

I saw her last night. She reminds me of Adele. I liked the young girl singer also. Both very good. 

Too bad the chicken act didn't go as planned. I wanted to see the 2 chickens play that piano. Heidi was disappointed. 

I don't care for the 2 twin brothers who were so full of themselves. I could see them being extras on Glee when that show was on. IMO they didn't have much talent but had raging egos in stereo. Just my opinion. 

Clown man had a good singing voice, but the clown makeup was a turn off. I don't like clowns. He didn't need that shtick to get noticed. I didn't get the whole clown idea in the first place since he is a singer. It wasn't a clown act.

(edited)
9 hours ago, Fishy said:

Love on the Brain

Wow!

I do not watch AGT, but this person is fantastic!  Doesn't hurt that she's singing one of my favorite songs - And I like her version better. 

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
9 hours ago, Fishy said:

Love on the Brain

We've been watching this season also (don't usually).  This singer (and a couple others) is amazing.  I have to say, when the director of the show insists on panning to Tyra in the wings for her 'reaction', I get stabby.  I hated when they did it with NC also.  Nick Cannon annoyed me, but not quite as much as Tyra does.

She reminds me of Adele.

What I've thought from the first time I saw her.  Hope she's not trying for that, she's awesome in her own right.

Clown man had a good singing voice, but the clown makeup was a turn off. I don't like clowns. He didn't need that shtick to get noticed. I didn't get the whole clown idea in the first place since he is a singer. It wasn't a clown act.

Yes.  There was a good singer a few seasons ago I think, who dressed up in character also.  I'm thinking they got him to ditch the costume toward the end.

These dogs look like toys. 

190315-850x600-dogs_with_dyed_fur.jpg

Doing this to animals finds my last nerve fsr.  

10 hours ago, ennui said:

I knew a couple ... the man would never let his wife read the list of possible side effects on any medication because she would suddenly manifest all of them.  

8a177215dc0fcc4d09c771d18854551a--pharma

That can happen to folks. That couple you mentioned.... she is a marketing firm's dream client!

I try not to over search things medically, on the internet anymore simply because you can scare yourself $hitless!

When my doctor diagnosed me with a somewhat rare disease, my reaction was, "Oh! That was the highest match on the symptom checker!" She got a look on her face like she didn't want to hear that. Heh. This time the Internet was right.

Regarding healthcare and the internet, the healthcare and insurance industries have pretty much forced our hand on this haven't they?  We are in charge of our own health, and gone are the days that we can just show up at the Doc's office, state our case, and leave with a diagnosis or an Rx.  Most often, you're given paperwork to see the next MD in line, and the next and on and on.  We had damn well be at least a little informed, at least have the ability to ask educated question about what we're being told or being given.  The MDs are clearing houses now, with the task of seeing as many patients as they possibly can in a given day.  No, we can't expect Dr. Google to know everything, or to properly diagnose, but it can help us to know what to ask.  It's a new world folks.