Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiled Speculation

Kromm
  • Start Topic

They are filming in The Bronx today - Can anyone tell who the guy Jim is pointing a gun at supposed to be? Or if he's anyone significant? He's just wearing a total villain costume and I wondered if he was significant.

Also? Oswald's hair is out of control. And obviously a wig. And different from the footage in the trailers from the first couple episodes. Is his hair just going to get taller as the season progresses?

From the print issue of the new TV Guide Magazine ("Returning Favorites" Double Issue, Sept. 18-Oct. 1, 2017)...

GOTHAM
... The Penguin (Robin Lord Taylor) is flying high in Season 4 as Gotham's top baddie since icing out The Riddler (Cory Michael Smith). That won't last long. Barbara Kean 2.0 (Erin Richards) will emerge, with help from Ra's al Ghul (Alexander Siddig). It's no wonder, then, that Bruce Wayne (David Mazouz) is ready to take on his role as the city's protector.

Edited by tv echo
12 hours ago, tv echo said:

That won't last long. Barbara Kean 2.0 (Erin Richards) will emerge

Wasn't she supposed to emerge last season? Doesn't this sound like the exact same thing they did to start S3, aside from The Riddler being on ice?

Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Arrow, Lucifer, Flash, Supernatural, Gotham, #OneChicago, Elementary and More
By Matt Webb Mitovich / September 13 2017, 9:52 AM PDT
http://tvline.com/2017/09/13/arrow-season-6-spoilers-oliver-son-dinah-black-canary/

Is Gotham‘s Lucius Fox the one making Bruce’s armor? —Mae Anne
You just evoked the name of executive producer Danny Cannon’s “favorite character”! “Yes, Lucius is beginning to suspect that Alfred and Bruce might have a double life and politely weaves his way in,” Cannon said when I hand-delivered your Q. “Lucius has worked for Wayne Industries and he may work there again one day, and for right now he doesn’t want to see Bruce get hurt. So he finds a way of helping without interfering.”

• Love 1

The Actor's Audience (www.theactorsaudience.com) sat down with David Mazouz at Heroes & Villains FanFest-NY/NJ (Sep. 16-17, 2017). David spoke about his first career roles, taking on Bruce Wayne on Gotham, Bruce & Selina, and what viewers can expect in Season 4...

David Mazouz
Published on Sep 17, 2017, by Celeb Interviewer

-- Per DM, Bruce & Selina are growing up and drifting apart, and their relationship is breaking down. However, they're each making their transition to their masked personas, Batman and Catwoman.  DM: "Proto-masked vigilante Bruce and proto-masked thief Selina may have a relationship of their own."

-- When asked what he can tease about Season 4, DM first joked: "I'm in it." Then he said that he thinks it's the best season yet, for a variety of reasons, but mainly because this season will really focus on the characters and who they are. In past seasons, everything that happened was to move the story along. This season, there's an element of realism. DM: "Bruce goes through a huge development towards the middle of the season... And it really doesn't do much for the story, but it's there, and it's a major arc of the show... But it's there because it's real, because it's something that people can relate to. And that's what the arc is all about." 

-- In his down time, DM said that he's taking krav maga (not karate).

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

GOTHAM’S DAVID MAZOUZ ON BECOMING BATMAN
by Fred Topel | September 18, 2017 
https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/article/gothams-david-mazouz-on-becoming-batman/?cmp=TWRT_Interview_Mazouz_919

Fred Topel for Rotten Tomatoes: Where does season 4 pick up with Bruce?
David Mazouz:
It picks up where he is really taking on the masked vigilante persona. He will be very close to Batman when we pick up with him at the start.

RT: Does that feel to you like you’re nearing the end of this journey?
Mazouz
: No, because there’s a lot more to come. Something very, very emotional is going to happen towards the beginning, and it’s going to send him on a downward spiral that’ll change him forever. It’s going to suspend, put a hold on the masked vigilante stuff for a little bit. He’s going to be darker than we’ve ever seen him before.
RT: How is Bruce’s relationship with Alfred at this point?
Mazouz
: They’re partners. They’re going on this journey together. Alfred’s there to help because Alfred realizes that Bruce is going to do this with or without his permission, so might as well help him. Might as well be there to patch up his wounds when he gets home.

RT: Is Jim in Bruce’s life right now?
Mazouz
: No, actually. Well, Bruce is doing his own thing at the beginning of the season but there will be a point when they link up. Especially towards the end of this season, they’re going to be allies. They’re going to be together, working together to fight crime, this masked vigilante and Jim Gordon.
RT: Is Selina still around?
Mazouz
: Yes, but in a very different capacity. His masked vigilante persona and her proto-Catwoman persona are going to be interacting much more, as opposed to the childhood friends of Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle.

RT: Will Bruce face any new villains this season?
Mazouz
: Ra’s al Ghul is his biggest villain. He’ s going to be putting him through mental torture, but also he’s going to take on The Penguin pretty early on.

RT: We’ve seen Liam Neeson as Ra’s in Batman Begins and Matt Nable on Arrow. Is Alexander Siddig the darkest, meanest Ra’s al Ghul we’ve seen in DC shows or movies?
Mazouz
: Yes, absolutely. I would say this is the most evil Ra’s al Ghul. This is the Ra’s al Ghul that will do awful, awful, very, very controversial things that I’m surprised they’re letting us do on national television.
RT: When Ra’s and the Penguin are battling Bruce, does it phase them at all that this is still a kid?
Mazouz
: I think at this point, people realize that Bruce is more than a kid. He’s mature beyond his years, and he can survive in the adult world. I think it does phase them, especially with Ra’s. He’s really taken an interest in Bruce, and he has been chasing him for thousands and thousands of years. So he’s realized exactly who Bruce is and how he can manipulate him and how he can mold him into that monster he wants him to be.
RT: Is Bruce driving yet?
Mazouz
: He will be, yeah. Very soon, yeah.

RT: Do you know what kind of car it will be?
Mazouz
: I’m not supposed to say.

RT: Whether it’s a Batmobile or not, does the idea of Bruce driving excite you?
Mazouz
: It’s going to be teased.

RT: For any 16-year-old character, is driving as big a deal to Bruce as it is to you, David?
Mazouz
: I don’t think they’re going to make a big deal about getting his license because that’s not a very Batman story line, but he will be driving. He will be in the front seat of a car. I don’t know much about it, but I know that it’s coming.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
On 2017-09-29 at 2:06 AM, Horsesrunwild said:

Blackcanary who was a person on this site. Used to see the episodes before the general tv public and would post her reviews/previews. What happened to her??

All I can say is I talked some to her on reddit and her account is deleted, plus she hasn't posted on telfie for 5 months.

Alfred Falls on Hard Times in New 'Gotham' Clip [VIDEO]
By CHARLIE RIDGELY - January 26, 2018
http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/01/26/gotham-alfred-homeless-season-4/

In Gotham's midseason finale, back in December, Bruce Wayne (David Mazouz) officially went full rogue, cutting his butler/guardian Alfred (Sean Pertwee) out of his life completely. The season ended with Alfred leaving Wayne Manor for good.

The first clip from the upcoming spring premiere debuted on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert last night, and it showed fans that Alfred hasn't been doing well since his departure.

In the video, which you can watch above, Jim Gordon (Ben McKenzie) walked up to meet Alfred underneath an overpass in Gotham City. Jim is a bit confused, wondering why Alfred is hanging out in such a rough part of town, and why he's not accompanied by Bruce.

Alfred then makes a joke about "renting a lovely space" under the overpass for "next to nothing," and it becomes pretty clear what's going on. Alfred, having been given the boot by Bruce, is now homeless.

In order to confirm this troubling thought, Jim just asks Alfred if he's living there, plain and simple. Alfred, clearly troubled, replies by saying, "Nearby. It's a long story."

Unfortunately, that's where the clip ends, so fans don't yet get to see what happens next. Knowing Jim Gordon however, it's safe to say that Gotham's new police captain will likely find a place for Alfred to stay, and maybe even get him a job. After all, Jim is currently out a partner.

Gotham is set to return with new episodes on Thursday, March 1 at 8pm ET on FOX.

Edited by tv echo
On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 11:12 PM, Perfect Xero said:

Thomas: Okay Mr. Pennyworth, we'll be paying you the agreed upon salary, after deductions for room and board at stately Wayne Manor, that comes out to you owing us $2000 a month.

Martha: And in the event of our untimely deaths, you will assume sole custody of our son and take full responsibility for raising him to be an exemplary gentleman and worthy heir of Wayne Family Enterprises.  For that, you will owe us an additional $10,000 month.

• Love 5

Huh. I guess we're supposed to assume that Alfred hasn't been taking a salary in the last few years and has just been living off the Wayne billions because technically he did control that as Bruce's legal guardian. And now he's cut off and has nothing. There is a significant lack of preparation here which is very unlike Alfred!

• Love 1
On 1/30/2018 at 3:15 PM, superloislane said:

Huh. I guess we're supposed to assume that Alfred hasn't been taking a salary in the last few years and has just been living off the Wayne billions because technically he did control that as Bruce's legal guardian. And now he's cut off and has nothing. There is a significant lack of preparation here which is very unlike Alfred!

Dunno if it's un-Alfred. I've never seen Alfred place any value whatsoever in his own well-being.

Extended Gotham Trailer Teases Bruce/Selina Team-Up, Bloomed Ivy, That Joker Jerome and Batty Man
By Matt Webb Mitovich / February 3 2018, 11:00 AM PST
http://tvline.com/2018/02/03/gotham-season-4-spring-trailer-bruce-selina-ivy-jerome/

Gotham‘s Ivy, once a “seed” and then a “sprout,” now has fully “bloomed,” it is explained in an extended trailer for the back half of Season 4 (arriving Thursday, March 1 at 8/7c).

In addition to a greater gander at onetime Flash frenemy Peyton List’s take on the increasingly poisonous Miss Pepper (who invites The Sirens to make Gotham their “bitch”), the new promo — which spends its first three minutes recapping things — previews a Bruce/Selina detente that builds to a team-up; the Penguin doing that joker Jerome’s bidding behind bars at Arkham; Bruce being taunted in a bat cave by the caped-and-cowled figure he “cannot escape”; and a lot more.
Per Fox’s official synopsis for Season 4B:

* Jim Gordon navigates his new role of Captain, fighting against the most depraved and unhinged villains, including a reborn Ivy, who is targeting anyone involved in the latest Wayne Enterprises project.
* Bruce Wayne continues on his spiral without the guidance of Alfred, who is out on his own in Gotham after being fired.
* Penguin becomes Jerome’s (guest star Cameron Monaghan) latest obsession after they meet in Arkham Asylum.
* Lee Thompkins begins to try to rebuild the Narrows, working with Ed Nygma.
* The Sirens try to amplify their business.

Edited by tv echo
  • So are they seriously still going with Selina not knowing Bruce is Batman? I mean, I guess Selina is that special kind of girl who thinks Dad is Santa Claus if he puts on a fake beard.
  • Seriously Peyton List would be an “old” recast for Ivy even if this was Smallville, with teens played by 25-year-olds.
  • Don’t mean to be a total buzzkill but I don’t know why people assume Bruce and Selina are going to “reunite” just because they share a fight scene and some flirts in the promo. Let’s not forget that pesky little “Grace”. Or, well, let’s, I’d much rather forget her, but I have a feeling the show won’t allow me to.
7 hours ago, Danielg342 said:

No mention of Bullock. *sadface*

He's definitely there. I've seen a lot of people post pics on Twitter of them filming outdoor scenes, and Harvey is a lot of them. It's hard to tell, but I would almost guess he's playing a larger role in the back half of the season than he did in the first half.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Kostgard said:

He's definitely there. I've seen a lot of people post pics on Twitter of them filming outdoor scenes, and Harvey is a lot of them. It's hard to tell, but I would almost guess he's playing a larger role in the back half of the season than he did in the first half.

That's a positive. Preferably, he'd have his own arc, maybe even some kind of redemption story after being put through the ringer last half of the season. Bullock deserves to be more than just the snarky sidekick.

I'll take what I can get, though.

On 2/4/2018 at 10:43 AM, Kathemy said:
  • So are they seriously still going with Selina not knowing Bruce is Batman? I mean, I guess Selina is that special kind of girl who thinks Dad is Santa Claus if he puts on a fake beard.

Selina & Lois Lane are that "kind of girl" who are fooled by glasses on a nerdy reporter...  

iZOMBIE & GOTHAM Return! w/ Rose McIver & Camren Bicondova
Published on Feb 26, 2018, by DC

-- DC All -Access's Hector Navarro: "And later this week on Thursday night, tick tock, watch out Doc, it's the spring premiere of Gotham. Yeah, Gordon gets called to the scene after the Toymaker is hired to assassinate one of Gotham's doctors. Plus, Alfred Pennyworth's new life in the Narrows is starting to become a little bit complicated. And Ivy reveals her new persona to her friend Selina Kyle. ... And speaking of Selina Kyle, we've got Gotham's own Camren Bicondova to talk to us about the spring premiere, so take it away, Camren."

-- Camren: "We see Selina partnered with Barbara and Tabitha. So they have finally opened their club, and they're having a party to celebrate, as criminals do. And, um, Selina finds out that Bruce is there, and it's the weirdest thing. Why is Bruce there in the club with delinquents and - (Hector interrupts, "Wait, Bruce Wayne?") - Yes, Bruce Wayne. - (Hector interrupts, "What is Bruce doing there?") - I don't know, and neither does Selina. And I'm assuming Alfred doesn't know either. So there's a little (knocks her fists together) there."

-- On where Selina and Bruce stand now, Camren: "They're always in a bad place. They're never in a good place. Um, and it's all because of miscommunication and misunderstanding. It's literally - and you'll see it in the show. Selina will obviously be trying to help Bruce... and he's like, 'No. Go away, Selina, I don't need your shenanigans right now.'  He's just being not himself and that really annoys Selina because she knows that he is damaged and he is hurting on the inside. And she knows that's not the way to deal with things."

-- On where Selina is in the back half of this season, Camren: "You see her actually struggling between sides. And she's always - you've seen her always do that. But now - to me, it's always been with herself. It's always been fighting the two sides and the two opposites with herself. But in the second half of the season, you actually see her literally from other people being tossed to each and either side... And I feel like it'll be frustrating to watch because it can come off as she's indecisive, but it's actually her literally being thrown at two sides of the right and the wrong. So that's what you'll see with her this season. We're shooting episode 20 right now, so I have yet to see where she'll be at the very end of the season. But I'm really excited."

Edited by tv echo

Spoiler Room: Scoop on Chicago Fire, Once Upon a Time, Hawaii Five-0 and more
NATALIE ABRAMS March 01, 2018 AT 12:00 PM EST
http://ew.com/tv/2018/03/01/spoiler-room-chicago-fire-ouat-h50/

What’s happening with Jim and Harvey on Gotham? — Marie
This season has certainly put their friendship to the test, but star Ben McKenzie seems to think that Jim’s latest fall from grace will help bring the two back together again. “Now that Harvey really knows what Jim has been up to, that’s something that can’t be buried between the two of them. That will be a part of the texture of their relationship moving forward forever,” McKenzie says, adding, “In a way, it almost bonds them closer in the sense that Jim was always able to look at Harvey with somewhat of a sense of being superior to him — that Harvey was a cop who played on the edges of legality and ethics. Now that Jim has crossed that line, he understands how one gets there better. It is a nice maturing of their relationship.” On another note, because I’m feeling photo-happy this week, here are some shots from the March 8 episode, which features Bruce having an unsettling dream:

gotham-1.jpg&w=1100&q=85 

gotham-2.jpg&w=1100&q=85 

(edited)

Gotham's Ben McKenzie Sizes Up Jim's Sticky Sofia Situation — Plus, Can He Get Bruce Back on Track?
By Matt Webb Mitovich / March 1 2018, 6:00 AM PST
http://tvline.com/2018/03/01/gotham-season-4-spring-premiere-ben-mckenzie-preview/

Fox’s Gotham resumes Season 4 this Thursday at 8/7c, and from go Jim Gordon has his hands full.

For one thing, The Toy Maker has been hired to terminate “The Doc,” whom Jim doesn’t realize is Lee Thompkins’ Narrows-saving alter ego. On top of that, he’s still on the outs with Harvey, whom he succeeded as GCPD captain; the sticky Sofia sitch he has found himself in isn’t going away anytime soon; Alfred gets mixed up in something deadly after getting ousted by Bruce; and as Jim soon will realize, there’s a new(er) Ivy creeping around town.
TVLINE | Now that you’re a few episodes into it, how is Jim’s role as captain wearing on him?
I think it just marks his ascension up the ladder of the GCPD. He’s in charge of other people more directly, whereas before he was sort of the de facto captain even if other people were captain. Often you end up corralling them and then morally if not physically leading them into danger, so now he’s—

TVLINE | Now he can more easily get done what he wants to get done.
Totally. I think Gotham’s a fun setting for deep irony, and one of the ironies here is that even though he gets this new title it actually, in a way, makes him even more needy for all of the help outside of the GCPD — like Sofia’s, for example. He sees how ineffectual it is to actually be in leadership with the GCPD. It doesn’t really get that much done, and he’s still kind of a man on an island, you know? There’s no scene in Gotham where he talks to other captains who are also like, “Yeah, let’s fight the good fight!” He’s still alone at the end of the day.

TVLINE | I was thinking that this kinda has to work out for him, because if he’s fated to be commissioner, he can’t keep falling backward.
Exactly. Exactly right. He’s got to keep stumbling onward.
TVLINE | How is Jim possibly going to get himself out from under Sofia’s thumb? Is it about trying to find some kind of leverage against her?
Yeah, it probably doesn’t end well would be my guess. [Laughs] One of the stories we’re constantly telling on this show, but this is a new iteration, is sort of “Gotham as Greek tragedy.” You know the end before you began. You know the city ultimately has to fall apart to create Batman, and that Jim, as your lead character, will follow a similar character trajectory as he ascends into the hierarchy of the GCPD as the city is falling apart. Jim kind of has to lose in order for the fate of the city to manifest. So when he gets in bed with Sofia, literally and figuratively, he’s making his own bed that he’s going to have to extricate himself from, and that’s only going to further the guilt and burden he carries on his shoulders.
TVLINE | Will Jim get wind of Alfred and Bruce’s “breakup”? Because out of everyone else in town, he’s probably the most vested in those two sticking together.
Totally, and he’s the only other person really in Bruce’s life who can serve the role of mentor, right? Alfred is certainly No. 1, but Jim has also played somewhat that role. There was actually some of that in the episode that I wrote, a bit. We cut down one of the scenes between Jim and Alfred that I originally wrote longer, but it was Jim reading into Alfred’s freaking out about Bruce being gone and not knowing where he is and everything, and Jim saying basically, “He’s slipping away from you, isn’t he?” — which is something that I think almost any parent can relate to, when your kid’s gotten to a certain age….
TVLINE | So that you always have somewhere to go.
You have somewhere to go, and you don’t want to get there too fast. They’ve had more interaction in this season than in the third [season], I would argue, but they’ve definitely been apart for much of it and have been at odds for much of it. If Bruce comes out of this phase where he’s partying and having a great time and comes back to who he actually is, and what he actually desires, Jim will be one of the people challenging him to actually accept that, and actually do the work that’s required.

TVLINE | Lastly, it seems just a matter of time until Jim learns what Lee has been up to, as “The Doc.” What do you think his reaction will be?
I think he’ll try to figure out what her angle is exactly, and yet there will probably also be a mixture of respect. It’s an interesting swing for her. He may not approve of it entirely, but on one level I would think he envies it in a way.

Edited by tv echo

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on This Is Us, Walking Dead, Good Doctor, Fosters, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Blindspot and More
By Michael Ausiello / March 14 2018
http://tvline.com/2018/03/14/this-is-us-season-3-spoilers-rebecca-miguel/

Question: Lee’s letter at the end of Gotham Season 3 was very hopeful in the direction of her feelings for Jim. And Jim clearly still loves her. Will they reunite before Season 4 is over? —Amanda
Ausiello
: Morena Baccarin told Matt Mitovich that the exes’ dynamic is now “really interesting” in the wake of Jim learning who The Doc is — and given what’s still to come. “Lee ends up doing something that puts Jim in a very precarious situation. She breaks the law in a way that makes it impossible for him to let her go,” she revealed. As for a possible reunion, Baccarin won’t file that idea under “never.” “I don’t think they’ve reached that point yet, but it would take a lot, a big change, for her to be able to go there,” she said, “while Jim would have understand where she really is now, which is a very different place than she was before.”

Edited by tv echo
1 hour ago, Kathemy said:

Just a little headsup but Gotham is probably getting cancelled at these ratings.

Drew Powell posted yesterday on twitter, "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened". I assumed it was because his character  was getting written out, but the cast might have gotten word that there won't be a season 5.