Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggars: In the Media and TLC

As a reminder, the site's Politics Policy remains in effect.  Yes, Jim Bob is apparently running for office again. That does not make it an acceptable topic of conversation in here - unless for some mysterious reason, TLC brings the show back and it is discussed on there. Even then, it would be limited to how it was discussed on the show.

If you have any questions, please PM the mods, @SCARLETT45 and myself.

• Start Topic

Does this look safe to anyone? Maybe the media should be made aware? Another idiot thing the Duggars freely posted to their own social media. I guess ones you open every little detail of your life to the public, you can't turn it off.

CqLHWzq.jpg

Edited by JoanArc

Does this look safe to anyone? Maybe the media should be made aware? Another idiot thing the Duggars freely posted to their own social media. I guess ones you open every little detail of your life to the public, you can't turn it off.

CqLHWzq.jpg

At first I didn't see the shotgun. Please tell me that's not a real shotgun lying there...

Damn shame they don't live in PA. To my eye...if this is a real shotgun, this is tantamount to child endangerment and as a health care professional, I'd HAVE to report it.

-well....according to the child abuse course I had to take...

Edited by phoenix62
  • Love 4

Which howler got a shotgun for Christmas? That's a rifle in the picture.

Honestly, to me it's worse than catgate. A distracted second is all it would take for tragedy to happen.

I'm not a medical professional, but I did send it to TMZ.

A toy gun would have an orange tip.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 6

looks more like a bbgun, wouldn't a shotgun be larger? 

What adoption agency will hand over two idiots children with no income or job?

Well technically they do have a job and they do have income. 

• Love 1

I downloaded the video they shot the same day at the lake. Can't ID the J'kid with the gun. It is a rife, not a shotgun (just one barrel) definitely not the Christmas gun. The howler needs a talking to. Having one of my kids shot is one of my worst fears. This burns me up. EDIT: It's Jeremiah. Anna says Hey, Jer, is than an extra fishing pole when he walks up.

84ZVP10.png

Edited by JoanArc

I don't notice the gun at first either. I was going with why aren't the younger girls (Josie) not wearing some type of life jacket? Don't know how deep the water is but we all know accidents happen even in shallow water esp when no one is paying attention to the kids. In their way of thinking, hope God is watching over them so nothing bad happens.

• Love 1

CqLHWzq.jpg

First rule of gun safety: treat every gun as if it were loaded.

Second rule: never point a gun at anything you aren't willing to kill or destroy.

Some are saying that's a toy. If so, where is the Orange tip required by law?

Some are saying it's their right to own guns. Rights come with responsibilities.

• Love 8

Oh, the article below that one is about Jessa coming to Derick's defense re: catgate. I think it's the first time the Duggars have addressed the controversy? 

What type of weak-ass excuse is "the hill was uneven"? Even if that's true, we all saw Ben launch Derick directly at the cat. Considering how big the hill was, are we supposed to believe that that was just a coincidence?

Lame. I can practically see Jessa's eyes rolling as she says this in a bored tone of voice.

• Love 1

In regard to the photos:

Lack of parenting. These kids are neglected by both parents and therefore allowed to do whatever they want. Did I just say that? JB & M enforce all the wrong things, yet the proper care, nurture and responsibilty that a parent gives to instill in their children go unchecked. I feel anger, worry and sorrow for these poor kids.

Edited by msblossom
  • Love 3

Oh Jesus. PLEASE MEDIA, INVESTIGATE THIS. Guns Everywhere. Not one pic the guy (Duggar?) (EDIT: Josh) is taking a pic and holding the gun wrong.

saL6ljR.jpg

T5Nduo1.jpg

0rJxQFE.jpg

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 1

Fortunately the Duggars are white so they don't have to worry about that.

Don't forget they're also christians

Oh Jesus. PLEASE MEDIA, INVESTIGATE THIS. Guns Everywhere. Not one pic the guy (Duggar?) (EDIT: Josh) is taking a pic and holding the gun wrong.

saL6ljR.jpg

T5Nduo1.jpg

0rJxQFE.jpg

So these kids can play with guns but aren't on grade level? And the Duggars can have guns around but they deny other people their rights. The hypocrisy

looks more like a bbgun, wouldn't a shotgun be larger?

Well technically they do have a job and they do have income.

But will a adoption agency accept it? Can they add being apart of a tv program on their resume? I know that certain things like government assistance isn't counted towards your income when you become a foster/adoption parent.

• Love 4

I downloaded the video they shot the same day at the lake. Can't ID the J'kid with the gun. It is a rife, not a shotgun (just one barrel) definitely not the Christmas gun. The howler needs a talking to. Having one of my kids shot is one of my worst fears. This burns me up. EDIT: It's Jeremiah. Anna says Hey, Jer, is than an extra fishing pole when he walks up.

84ZVP10.png

I have been around guns my whole life.  This is not a safe way to carry a gun.  He does not have firm control of the gun.  Hand is close to the trigger.  He has more control of the fishing rod. 

Sorry- but they need to go back to the table for more lessons.

• Love 3

saL6ljR.jpg

Please tell me they are not on one of those adventures where they shoot defenseless animals for sport. PLEASE!  

I have no problem with hunting for food- but this would really piss me off.  

EDIT because I wanted to say how crazy it is that Jenny is walking around with no shoes in the cold obviously if people are fishing, there are fish hooks about.  It just gets crazier by the moment.

Edited by truthtalk2014
  • Love 4

Is that Smuggar in the camo shirt taking pictures? If so....YIKES!!!! He looks like shit. 

I am not savvy enough to send these to the tabloids, but that is where they really need to go. Talk about irresponsible gun ownership (kid with the hat holding the gun in the truck is Justin). I think he's all of 12. Again...yikes!

• Love 1

Please tell me they are not on one of those adventures where they shoot defenseless animals for sport. PLEASE!

I have no problem with hunting for food- but this would really piss me off.

EDIT because I wanted to say how crazy it is that Jenny is walking around with no shoes in the cold obviously if people are fishing, there are fish hooks about. It just gets crazier by the moment.

What the what? Is this a joke -- are they pretending to shoot down fenced in buffalo?

Are these BB guns?

And actually that's poor little forgotten Jordyn that's running barefoot. At least no on has a jacket on, so I guess it's seasonably warm for this time of year? But you are right about hooks and sharp objects. That little girl has really been neglected and forgotten most of her life and it shows, she seems so delayed for her age. I wish I could keep her.

Edited by msblossom
  • Love 1

Since the Duggars usually post stuff a day after the fact, I checked out the weather in Austin, TX yesterday because Ben and Smugs were spotted at a WalMart in a suburb (I looked it up, but the name of the town escapes me atm). The high was 60. That would explain the mish-mash of light jackets and little girls without coats or shoes. 

Josh is the one in Camo. Taking a selfie? He'll be a father of 4 soon. No gun safety with his little family either.

Once again, doesn't he have a job he has to be at? I know he roams the country for FRC but he seems to be away from DC more than in it. My brother-in-law travels for his job, but he works while he's away.

I hope the media has a frenzy with this. First Catgate, now Gungate.

• Love 2

I'm glad one article is out, more will probably follow. People can debate homeschooling, religion, or even guns, but SEEING a 5yo with a rifle pointed near her, is hard to argue. Of course, the cat was fine, and Josie was fine, so who cares?

• Love 3

Jessa SAID the cat was fine. We have no tangible evidence of that, other than her word. Also, how "fine" is a cat that is left to fend for itself in the fucking SNOW? It's not as if the Duggars are acutally taking care of it. 

• Love 2

I will accept that they are BB guns. It really worng, but I'm sure the kids are taut that since they're not 'real' guns, safety rules don't apply. Even if Josie lost an eye, we'd just get an hour long episode of nothing but Mechelle talking about how it makes her feel.

• Love 1

Yeah, I can totally see them disregarding any real "safety" issues regarding treatment of BB guns vs. "regular" guns. I say this because they are so damn cavalier about pretty much everything. 

• Love 1

They're staying at someone's ranch, from the looks of it. Jessa and Ben have vamoosed; she's appearing at another of those Southern Women's Shows tomorrow in Memphis. 

Promo interview by a Memphis radio station today. Jessa is interestingly evasive about the pregnancy question, first giggling, then deflecting to the adoption bullshit. 

I shared it on my FB feed, FWIW. Good article.

My boyfriend was telling me that they look like BB guns. He'd know better than I. My only exposure to weapons was my M16 training in the Army and firing my ex's hand gun at a indoor rifle range...my son has an Airsoft BB gun but it's pretty obviously a BB gun (has orange markings).

I checked out the weather in Austin, TX yesterday because Ben and Smugs were spotted at a WalMart in a suburb

shuddering at the thought of them being that close to me.  (I live in Austin. The SXSW invasion has begun.)

The new "gun gate" scandal will be much more serious than 'cat gate' and rightly so (sorry animal lovers.)  Whether it's a BB gun, a plastic toy, or the real thing is irrelevant to a responsible gun owner.  You treat every firearm as if it's real and loaded, all the time, every time.  I grew up around them (my father was a cop), I raised my children around them (I became a cop too.) My three year old learned that he would lose his toy cap gun if he pointed it at his sister, or the cat for that matter. 

Teaching gun safety started early and applied to all weapons. If my father had seen my gun lying unattended on the ground like that...well, I don't like to think of what he would have done to me. O.o The nicest things would have included taking it from me for months and remedial safety classes. Less pleasant might have included a hickory switch!! (jk...sorta)

This lackadaisical attitude to gun safety is a tragedy waiting to happen. 

• Love 7

This lackadaisical attitude to gun safety is a tragedy waiting to happen.

BUT NO ONE WAS EVEN HURT! STOP TRYING TO GIN UP CONTROVERSY.

That seems to be the official line. Anstar, you're a good parent. Even the kids that didn't handle the guns, but saw them lying there, shoudl be taught to raise the alarm, or move them somewhere secure.

Pregnant Anna was wandering around Jer when he had the gun in his poorly controlled hand, too.

• Love 3

BUT NO ONE WAS EVEN HURT! STOP TRYING TO GIN UP CONTROVERSY.

That seems to be the official line. Anstar, you're a good parent. Even the kids that didn't handle the guns, but saw them lying there, shoudl be taught to raise the alarm, or move them somewhere secure.

Pregnant Anna was wandering around Jer when he had the gun in his poorly controlled hand, too.

I like how one of the posters commented that Josie was safe because someone took the picture & had to see the gun there. Don't they realize it was a Duggar who took the picture not a TLC cameraman who hopefully would have moved it?

I just hope Jilly doesn't go into labor soon, so all this won't be swept under the rug & forgotten.

• Love 2

Ruh-Roh.

I don't want to see the Duggars-Seewald-Dillards raked over the coals for every stupid thing they do, but if they're ignorant enough to post their irresponsible and dangerous activities on social media then they'd better prepare themselves to get called out on it publicly.

Are they really this dense and irresponsible or are they full of hubris and just do what they want & others be damned? It looks like both...

• Love 7

I'm going with "pun." It works on both levels. 

As for despising the adults, I've been on that train since I saw the very first special, although I must admit I didn't see it in 2004 (thank goodness!).

• Love 2

Even if BB guns, they could still shoot their eyes out. Hehe.

My son actually got shot at close range by accident by a friend,when he was eight. The BB entered the dura (covering) of his BRAIN!  He had to have surgery.

Btw , I had no idea his friend even had a BB gun. This was when we lived in Florida, and the police came to the hospital and took a report, because it was a GUN shooting.

• Love 2

My son actually got shot at close range by accident by a friend,when he was eight. The BB entered the dura (covering) of his BRAIN! He had to have surgery.

Btw , I had no idea his friend even had a BB gun. This was when we lived in Florida, and the police came to the hospital and took a report, because it was a GUN shooting.

Oh my word, that's awful, ChiCricket. I hope he was OK after the surgery and didn't suffer with have any lasting effects to his brain.

I hope the Duggars learn a lesson from the fallout of gun-gate.

Edited by msblossom
  • Love 1