Type keyword(s) to search

Happy Place: Gratefulness And Smiles

• Start Topic

I am happy that thanks to the Olympics my FB feed is now filled with stories about the athletes and the games and not the crap that's been clogging it up for days now!  I am going to enjoy this while it lasts.

• Like 3

I'm grateful for two big things this week, and one of them is that my cat seems to be okay. We still need bloodwork to make sure the blood transfusion is helping, but he's eating, and he's stronger than he was.

• Like 11
  • Love 1

I wrote my friend an ER fanfic for her birthday and she loved it! The last couple of times I’ve done fanfic exchanges or a gift fic on my own, I didn’t even get a thanks or kudos from the recipient, which is a bummer. So it was nice that my friend not only loved the fic, but read it right away as soon as it was in her inbox. 

The finished product, if you’re interested. (I need to organize that series and maybe break it into two series, but that’s a separate discussion.) 

• Like 5

Aw, that's cool! I'm sorry you haven't had much luck in the past with fic exchanges/gifts, done right they're a lot of fun. I like doing them and I've gotten some great fics in turn. A simple thank you alone would be a nice enough response in and of itself. 

But I'm glad that this time turned out much better and your recipient liked your fic :). 

• Like 3

My son just sent me a picture of my grandson curled up reading his first chapter book.  He asked if he could read instead of watching TV.  My heart ❤️❤️.

• Like 1
  • Love 12
21 hours ago, Cloud9Shopper said:

Went to Atlantic City today and ended with double the amount of money I brought to gamble. I don’t gamble a lot so I’m pretty happy with that! 

Good for you!  I've been to Vegas three times in my life but I've only gambled once.  I won like $10.  I'm happy this week because the stock market was good, so my portfolio is back up to where it was before that big crash (oh, sorry, "correction") the week before.

In case anyone was worried, I can put their minds at rest. Operation: Pizza was a success. I figured out how to use my local place's online ordering system and it worked perfectly!

Millions of pizza*, pizza for me. Millions of pizza, pizza for tea**.

* Or so it feels like.

And tomorrow's lunch. And tomorrow's tea.

• Like 3

The little guy's first day back (Grade 1!!!) went amazingly well!  Almost all of his closest friends are in his class and the few who aren't are in the classroom right next door.  I think it's going to be an amazing year for him.

• Like 13
  • Applause 1

I'm grateful that I was able to have a successful trip to San Francisco last week to attend two baseball games.  They lost both, not surprisingly, but I was just happy to be back in the stadium again after five years away.  My father and I would go to two or three every year, but had been unable because of COVID and my risk due to previous health problems, so I honestly had thought I would never be there again.  Aside from being nervous that my father would misplace or have problems with his phone (which had the tickets), and having bags searched by a very nice and professional TSA agent (because the dog at the airport didn't like us for some reason), everything went very smoothly.

• Like 7
  • Love 2
23 minutes ago, KWalkerInc said:

I'm grateful that I was able to have a successful trip to San Francisco last week to attend two baseball games.

Ahh, baseball. Someone thought they could improve on cricket. The correct answer is to play a better sport, but at least baseball games are shorter than multi-day matches that result in ties anyway. :)

Anyway, I'm happy you enjoyed it!

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

I had a wonderful stepfather and he loved watching the World Series. His birthday usually coincided with that time of year. One of my happy memories was flying up to visit him for a few years, sitting in the den and watching the series with him. I’m not a baseball fan per se, but I’d look up enough information so I could converse with him about players, and teams. He was in his 90’s so traveling was out of the question. He thought it was the best birthday present to just enjoy that with me. Looking back I’m so glad I did. 

• Like 3
  • Love 7