Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E21: Check-Up With Dr. Drew – Part One

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

(edited)

I have no doubt Farrah was probably verbally abused by Debra. But then again with all the words being thrown around on that , it's hard to know if that what type of abuse was being implied. I think wen Farrah was younger, Michael worked and wasn't around much, which explains a lot as well. Anyway I have no doubt Debra was verbally abusivie was that time when Farrah told he therapist that Debra called hr a slut for getting pregnant and refused to let her get an abortion. And then there's also the scene in the car where sh started screaming about Farrah's anti God attitude like there were fighting about buying a car and then Debra started screaming about that. Either way they weren't clear on the types of things Farrah is hurting from childhood.

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 6
(edited)

I can't imagine that big fat fucks all across the world have no other options besides gray t shirts. A collared polo shirt must come in big fat slob sizes too, right?

Harsh, IMO.

I think Debra is mentally ill and that caused a lot of problems in Farrah's childhood. I think Debra treated michael like such shit and always tried to convince people and Michael that HE was the one with issues, not her. I think years of hearing that beat him down to the guy we currently see. I think years of dealing with Debra has clouded his thought and made him the way he is.

I think the "irritations" Farrah was talking about were dealing with Debra's mental illness and outbursts. She's a narcissist, in my opinion, and that has to be hard to grow up with since everything was always about Debra, with Michael even cow-towing to her, which meant he probably avoided being home and contributed to Farrah's feelings of abandonment and her issues. I think the rage Farrah has is over constantly having to do things Debra's way and because Debra was always the one getting everyone's attention through her antics. Farrah has so much resentment about having to deal with a mentally ill mother as a kid. I feel like Debra was probably good at hiding her issues at the right times so Farrah's feelings about what went on in private were never validated and that's why she cannot trust Debra. I think that's why she has expressed wanting to limit Sophia's time with her but the sad fact is that Sophia is no better off with Farrah. I also think it pisses Farrah off to see Debra gush over Sophia and want to spend time with her because I think Farrah feels like she was never treated that way.

It's extremely hard to deal with a mentally ill parent when no one else acknowledges it and it makes the kid(s) feel like they're the crazy ones. The sad thing is because of this Farrah is even worse than Debra, somehow more of a narcissist and more toxic. It's truly scary how Sophia will turn out. These are just my feelings.

(Ugh, I hate you autocorrect...when someone wants to write "ill" it's not necessary to automatically change it to "I'll" every damn time. No more phone posting for me!)

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 19

Wow, well.

I typically fast forward through Farrah's parts. I guess I'm glad I watched this time because it seemed to finally open up her past thus why she acts like a f*cking lunatic. It seems like they're hinting at she was maybe molested?? Or abused?? I can't figure it out - all this is still pretty confusing. I felt bad... until she confirmed the producer was white trash and then her dad starting talking about the sex tape like OMGGGG. When are people going to understand that it is ILLEGAL for a sex tape to be released without consent of both individuals. Why do you think she has SO MUCH more money than the other teen moms??? Because she signed off on the sex tape and got paid like give up the innocence act. She's a Kim Kardashian Jr. 

Aside from that, she looked really pretty. Under all that make up and 10lbs of hair. 

I typically fast forward through her parts too but wanted to see this one, or so I thought. Same delusional crap about "I was abused" (so horrifically no one can ever know about it!! followed by fake cry), Maybe she really was, and if so I feel awful, but I just don't believe her.

I agree I thought she looked prettier in this episode than she has in awhile.

• Love 2

Sneak Peek: Farrah's Troubled Past Brings Her to Tears

Exploited? Was Farrah sexually abused as a child?

I do feel bad for whatever happened to Farrah as a kid.

Sadly, kids being assaulted happens way more than it should. When these kids grow up, most of the time they don't want to be seen as a victim. Farrah always plays the victim & uses it to treat people like they're nothing & it's bullshit. I can't feel bad for her now, but I do think she needs some intensive therapy. I know she's seeing a therapist now but it's obviously not working! She needs to take some responsibility for the way she treats people & she needs to be put on meds. She's delusional & unstable & it worries me that she may have some kind of psychotic break & hurt herself or Sophia. She is in Dr. Drew's "care"-but that's worthless. She definitely shouldn't be filming this show but as long as they let her, I (unfortunately) think she'll keep coming back.

• Love 6

Harsh, IMO.

I think Debra is mentally ill and that caused a lot of problems in Farrah's childhood. I think Debra treated michael like such shit and always tried to convince people and Michael that HE was the one with issues, not her. I think years of hearing that beat him down to the guy we currently see. I think years of dealing with Debra has clouded his thought and made him the way he is.

I think the "irritations" Farrah was talking about were dealing with Debra's mental illness and outbursts. She's a narcissist, in my opinion, and that has to be hard to grow up with since everything was always about Debra, with Michael even cow-towing to her, which meant he probably avoided being home and contributed to Farrah's feelings of abandonment and her issues. I think the rage Farrah has is over constantly having to do things Debra's way and because Debra was always the one getting everyone's attention through her antics. Farrah has so much resentment about having to deal with a mentally ill mother as a kid. I feel like Debra was probably good at hiding her issues at the right times so Farrah's feelings about what went on in private were never validated and that's why she cannot trust Debra. I think that's why she has expressed wanting to limit Sophia's time with her but the sad fact is that Sophia is no better off with Farrah. I also think it pisses Farrah off to see Debra gush over Sophia and want to spend time with her because I think Farrah feels like she was never treated that way.

It's extremely hard to deal with a mentally ill parent when no one else acknowledges it and it makes the kid(s) feel like they're the crazy ones. The sad thing is because of this Farrah is even worse than Debra, somehow more of a narcissist and more toxic. It's truly scary how Sophia will turn out. These are just my feelings.

(Ugh, I hate you autocorrect...when someone wants to write "ill" it's not necessary to automatically change it to "I'll" every damn time. No more phone posting for me!)

I think this is a very good assessment and makes total sense.

• Love 5

I'm still holding out hope that the estranged sister Ashley writes a Tell-All about wtf went on in that house while they were growing up.  Farrah can't spit it out and all the "doctors" apparently agreed to keep it under wraps.

I am more curious about the supposed job Taylor has going on than anything Farrah has to say.

Farrah just gave an interview(I provided a link above) and she claims physical abuse.

Michael is no weakling. Farrah claimed he chased Daddy Derrick with a knife. I imagine if I dealt with Satan's spawn, I might pull out knives myself.

As for Ashley, she has put as much blame on Farrah as she has on Deb and Michael. Remember, Farrah threw Ashley under the bus when she put all the blame on her for the DUI Farrah received.

• Love 4

Ashley is Debra's daughter, not Michael's.

I agree that Debra has some mental issues going.  She always seemed to me delusional and entitled.  Debra lives in a world where all her accomplishments are exaggerated and her behavior is always correct.  I remember when the 16 and P make out there were rumors that Debra went to Harvard and they lived in a multi million dollar house...not quite.  Some of this came with sweatshirts Debra would wear of ivy league school and Farrah claiming that her family was very privileged.

I also vaguely remember an interview she gave where she claimed she and Farrah were best friends and have the best mother/daughter relationship.

It must come as a shock to them, that really wealthy and privileged families want nothing to do with them.

Of course, instead of changing their behavior, they chock it up to Teen Mom being low rent.

Farrah has seemed to have inherited these qualities.

• Love 8

Guess you never saw those original episodes with baby Sophia in her crib,crying her lungs out, while Farrah snoozed away, after late night partying, waking when she heard Debra come in to comfort the baby & screech at her mother  to get the f*** away from my baby.....I'll take care of her when I get up. And that Sophia's no prize either......making sour faces at the camera, fighting at school, talking back to adults. The dysfunction continues!

• Love 8

There really isn't a whole lot of options for someone as large as Gary, is there? (Second word my autocorrect suggested for Gary was Fart, y'all!) I have a feeling I see that same grey t-shirt on a lot of obese men.

There are actually stores called "Big & Tall" which cater to really large men (both wide and tall) so Gary should have plenty of options.  They have casual clothes and nicer things (even suits I believe). He probably just thinks he doesn't fit into that category. 

I finally watched this, didn't watch Farrah because I just don't care.  But I actually really enjoyed the Maci part.  Ryan was a lot less "angry" than usual.  i think he is just SUPER uncomfortable being in that type of situation.  But he was smiling and laughing, even when Maci made the jab about him not having a job.  Because it was in reaction to being asked if they were going to sign up for another season.  Ryan's parents said "if they sign up, we sign up" and Maci says "and Ryan doesn't even have a job!"  to basically say Ryan needs to sign up for next season because he needs income.

It was nice to hear that Ryan's parents and Maci all like Ryan's new girlfriend (anyone have any details on who that is?).  She must have been there because Dr Drew wanted to bring her out and Ryan said absolutely not. 

The only thing I dislike about Maci's segments is when she speaks for Ryan.  When she says "I think Ryan did this because......." when Ryan is sitting right there.  He can speak for himself. 

• Love 6
Guess you never saw those original episodes with baby Sophia in her crib,crying her lungs out, while Farrah snoozed away, after late night partying, waking when she heard Debra come in to comfort the baby & screech at her mother  to get the f*** away from my baby.....I'll take care of her when I get up. And that Sophia's no prize either......making sour faces at the camera, fighting at school, talking back to adults. The dysfunction continues!

I saw those episodes, including when Farrah would go out and party and expect her parents to take care of Sophia.  Also, when Farrah would expect the production crew to make sure Sophia does not fall off some precarious ledge.

Farrah has gone on a pod cast claiming her parents went to jail for abusing her and neither of the parents are denying this claim, even though most people (myself included) thinks she is lying (again).

Debra also loves to declare what a Christian woman she is.  She even went to a special Christian based performance company to train to be a comedienne, actress, and motivational speaker.

The fact that Debra thinks that people will hire her for motivational speaking gigs, speaks to her levels of delusion.

• Love 8

Can they PLEASE choose a new host for the show? I have never seen someone so enabling as Dr. Drew. He brings nothing to the table and refuses to ask them any hard questions because he is clearly scared of them all. Someone like Dr. Phil would be amazing as a host for this type of show. He would make them feel like the assholes they are as he always does with everyone he interviews. Some of these girls do such despicable things (mostly farrah and jenelle), but never get hard questions about it and Dr. Drew always blames other people for their behavior. He gives them no responsibility... And I love how THE SHOW is giving Farrah the option to come back on or not.. They should be kicking that bitch to the curb and give her no choice 

• Love 11

I love MTV for showing the Tyler clip "Goodbye, Mrs Lowell..." just in case we don't already know he's uneducated.

On another note, I was probably a bit too irritated when I saw him sitting there in the studio. Gah, he annoys me more than ANYBODY in this franchise.

After he said "goodbye Mrs. Lowell", didn't he then say " hello Ms. Baltierra?".

What an idiot.

• Love 5

One large reason Tyler annoys me is that for years we were told in the narrative he was like the anti teen mom dad. He was so caring and so supportive and then on the last season before they rebooted this mess, that narrative was cracking and now with the 4th wall broken it's really not true, even though I think Cate and Ty keep trying to say it is.

• Love 8

I saw those episodes, including when Farrah would go out and party and expect her parents to take care of Sophia.  Also, when Farrah would expect the production crew to make sure Sophia does not fall off some precarious ledge.

Farrah has gone on a pod cast claiming her parents went to jail for abusing her and neither of the parents are denying this claim, even though most people (myself included) thinks she is lying (again).

Debra also loves to declare what a Christian woman she is.  She even went to a special Christian based performance company to train to be a comedienne, actress, and motivational speaker.

The fact that Debra thinks that people will hire her for motivational speaking gigs, speaks to her levels of delusion.

If her parents went to jail it would be public record.   I know we've got a lot of sleuths on this board...

• Love 3

In my foggy memory, I remember Debra being a heavy-duty Catholic back during the 16&P days, lecturing Farrah about God and being cold and judgemental (not that she didn't deserve it). It was after the knife incident that Debra became all zen (medicated) and the Cool Mom with her hip clothes. She has reinvented herself, so who knows what version of Debra was caring for Farrah as a child. (I know people who endured serious abuse in their childhood who have gone on to live whole, happy, productive lives. It's no excuse for Farrah's behavior.) 

As to Farrah's claims, I suspect this abuse may have been more out of negligence than violence. Sounds like Michael was gone a lot and Debra was busy too and didn't cope well, and Farrah never lets her forget it. I think one of the things that enrages Farrah so much is seeing how her Mom and Dad show Sophia their love. "Why didn't I ever get any of that when I was her age?" I think there are deep deep canyons of rage in Farrah that have smoldered for years and she doesn't understand herself where it comes from. 

• Love 6

Can they PLEASE choose a new host for the show? I have never seen someone so enabling as Dr. Drew. He brings nothing to the table and refuses to ask them any hard questions because he is clearly scared of them all. Someone like Dr. Phil would be amazing as a host for this type of show. He would make them feel like the assholes they are as he always does with everyone he interviews. Some of these girls do such despicable things (mostly farrah and jenelle), but never get hard questions about it and Dr. Drew always blames other people for their behavior. He gives them no responsibility... And I love how THE SHOW is giving Farrah the option to come back on or not.. They should be kicking that bitch to the curb and give her no choice 

I hope when MTV knows there will be no more episodes, they'll get Dr. Phil on there to tear them down to size knowing they can upset the little bitches as much as they like without fear of them refusing to film anymore. That's the only reason I think they get so many passes. They don't want to upset the "talent".

• Love 2

I am so effing sick of Farrah. I love watching her segments because they are so entertaining. BUT I hate watching her fake cry with Dr Drew enabling her delusional fantasies. Farrah is a piece of trash who has surrounded herself with people who think or at least pretend that she is amazing. I'm enraged that she has managed to live the kind of lifestyle she does given that she has accomplished nothing but pushing a baby out the front door and opening up the back door. 

• Love 9
As to Farrah's claims, I suspect this abuse may have been more out of negligence than violence. Sounds like Michael was gone a lot and Debra was busy too and didn't cope well, and Farrah never lets her forget it. I think one of the things that enrages Farrah so much is seeing how her Mom and Dad show Sophia their love. "Why didn't I ever get any of that when I was her age?" I think there are deep deep canyons of rage in Farrah that have smoldered for years and she doesn't understand herself where it comes from.

My memory is foggy, but I think she actually claimed they beat her with belts and went to jail on the Brandi Glanville (sp?) podcast.  It is in the Farrah thread for anybody who is interested.

• Love 1

In my foggy memory, I remember Debra being a heavy-duty Catholic back during the 16&P days, lecturing Farrah about God and being cold and judgemental (not that she didn't deserve it). It was after the knife incident that Debra became all zen (medicated) and the Cool Mom with her hip clothes. She has reinvented herself, so who knows what version of Debra was caring for Farrah as a child. (I know people who endured serious abuse in their childhood who have gone on to live whole, happy, productive lives. It's no excuse for Farrah's behavior.) 

Bingo. And this to me makes the most sense of every theory for why she behaves as she does. She loves and hates that they dote on Sophia, and she uses that love to punish them by threatening to cut them out. It also makes sense to me that it's the reason why she smiles when Sophia is so mean to them, up to and including hitting. She's her surrogate.

I am so effing sick of Farrah. I love watching her segments because they are so entertaining. BUT I hate watching her fake cry with Dr Drew enabling her delusional fantasies. Farrah is a piece of trash who has surrounded herself with people who think or at least pretend that she is amazing. I'm enraged that she has managed to live the kind of lifestyle she does given that she has accomplished nothing but pushing a baby out the front door and opening up the back door. 

Gold, Jerry! Gold!

• Love 4

Hi, first post ever here at PTV! I've been lurking since TWoP closed, I didn't register because I couldn't think of a name and, yeah...kinda lazy too. I read the discussion here about one of my favorite Twilight Zone episodes Talky Tina so here I am!

I have spent many hours here reading you all and you've made me laugh so hard to hurts!

I hope to join in more once TM2 starts.

In regards to Debra, I just watched the episode on the first season where Farrah brings a guy home and Debra is sitting with Sophia on her lap telling the boy that they don't believe in premarital sex. She asked him to go to church with them and said she wanted him to go to heaven with them. Yikes. I would have ran at that point.

Later in the episode Farrah finds out the guy had slept with another girl and as shes telling Debra, Debra says "so he lied to me" which seemed a strange reaction but they're strange ass people.

Debra looked like a different person, her face was not the face she has now and she was all buttoned up in a church lady cardigan.

That whole family creeps me out.

• Love 9

In regards to Debra, I just watched the episode on the first season where Farrah brings a guy home and Debra is sitting with Sophia on her lap telling the boy that they don't believe in premarital sex. She asked him to go to church with them and said she wanted him to go to heaven with them.

Hi glad to see you!  I know what you mean. It's incredibly funny to me when they have the 'evidence' of premarital sex right there in the room and pretend they don't believe in it. It's happened with a couple of others too I think. I can't decide if it's fake or totally delusional.

• Love 2

Let's try to predict what ridiculous things Panda will praise everyone for instead of addressing any of the atrocious things they do:

Tyler will be praised for recognizing that Catelyn is having issues that require professional help. There will be no commentary on his lack of parenting, having a job, education, or plan for life.

Catelyn will probably be scolded for not communicating to Tyler when she needs his help.

Amber will be praised for staying clean and sober. Gary will probably be shamed for not giving Amber more time with Leah.

Maci will be praised for better communication with Ryan but I'm sure he won't say anything about how she could have prevented this third unplanned pregnancy and how she had zero prenatal care until she was 21 weeks pregnant. I'm not sure what Panda will say to Ryan.

Farrah will be praised for allowing her mother and father to be so involved in Sophia's life. I'm sure he won't touch ANY of her issues with her attitude, behaviors, or whatever she's doing "raising" Sophia that has turned her into a feral animal.

What did I forget?

Hahaha omg feral animal had me cracking up! 

Personally, I don't think Farrah was abused in any way.

"Abuse" to her was probably her mother not giving into her every whim and desire.

You know if she HAD actually been abused, she would be braying endlessly about it, who did it,

how many times they did it, etc.

She is vague about it because she is only insinuating - there was no abuse.

I think she was just spoiled rotten and never disciplined and she feels the world owes her something.

I really don't know what is wrong with her, TBH, or why she "cries" all the time.

• Love 7