Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E17: The Game Is Chicken

• Start Topic

I'm pretty young but I do remember playing that Simpsons game. So there's that.

I like gambling Brandon mainly because I gambled a lot (small amounts) and it was ruined. Ruined!!!!

Trust Andrea to butt in and ruin the fun and Ditto Dylan.

• Love 1

I remember watching this episode when it originally aired and thinking it was extremely unrealistic that Brenda and Kelley would be able to do their own hair in such complex styles. I doubt this was the first episode to feature a primping/getting ready montage, so I have no idea why it took me so long to cotton to that.

• Love 1

I haven't listened to the podcast yet, so I don't know how off my rosy memories are, but I have to chime in and say that this was my very favorite episode of 90210. I completely bought that 3 years of being in each other's orbits could lead to these group interactions that we didn't regularly see. Maybe not the most exciting episode, but I felt like it was well earned.

• Love 1

Please count me among the masses of people clamoring for a shirt a lot of parents will read!

Also, Dave, the resort my family goes to every year still has--tucked in the back behind $2-per-play modern games--that Simpsons game in their game room. I played it this past September, and it still costs only 25 cents! It's the best.

• Love 1

Around that same time period I was in college and that was pretty much my go to look - a messy french twist. Curls if I was trying to be swank, straight if I wasn't, but always with some sort of bangs/fringe/side tendril/whisp action going on. It's a really, really easy 'do - just takes a couple of hair combs to hold it in place.

• Love 1

That's one of the only things I liked about Donna's fried-ass hair is that it was kind of realistic that someone addicted to home bleach jobs would have dried out nasty hair. Then again, Donna is supposed to be rich so you'd think her image-obsessed mom would pay for the right treatments to fix that shit.

I also liked the shaggy/messy do that Kelly sports during sophomore year of college for the same reason; it was way more realistic than the pageant queen up-dos she favors in high school.

• Love 2

My first question was why Brandon made that face when Dylan asked the fist-pump question, given that's his sister they're talking about. Then I remembered: because he's Brandon and they're gross.

Brandon's chains are a nice bit of continuity from when he went rollerblading with Racist Brooke. A gross bit of continuity but maybe he really is a chain guy?

I'm so glad you guys are back. I can't wait until we get through these boring episodes and back to the awesomely terrible Dylan dramas.

• Love 1

It feels important to commemorate this nice moment for Brenda and Kelly since things are about to go to shit for them in a BIG WAY.

Not sure exactly where things were with the BTS drama, but I do give SD and JG for not letting it seep into this scene.

• Love 1

I am not a Dylan apologist but I hold my coffee cups like that always. Big mugs with big handles I hold in the traditional Bunting fashion, but those little cups they have at cafes and restaurants (and I have at home because I kind of like them) it's McKay-style all the way.

• Love 1

Nice nostalgic moment in the photo booth - do teen girls still do that? I did that a lot with my friends in the nineties. Silly pictures galore. Apart from that I despise Dylan more and more. And I just wanna scream "he's just not that into you" to both of the girls.

• Love 1

I love the gif of the chickens in Steve's car - clearly some poor PA was in the backseat thowing handfulls of feathers into shot.

That's almost word for word what Sarah said when I IMed her that gif. hee.

Was this a misguided attempted at upping/retaining male viewership? Anyway, Wardlow is such a weird random TV frenemy name. All I can think of is Waldo's nemesis, "Odlaw."

The best/worst part of Odlaw is he keeps that name even in countries where Waldo himself is renamed Wally.

• Useful 1

I just wanted to personally thank you guys. Between this and extra hot great, I had a reason to genuinely laugh for the first time in a week. My mom had some sort bacterial infection in her leg that every doctor seemed to miss for days and they had to amputate part of her leg to save her. It's been really hard for me even though she is getting better. But, this was one of the few times I could just lose myself in something else and laugh a bit. The chicken sounds were killing me. Honestly, thanks guys.

• Love 2

I'm sorry about your mom :( I hope everything is ok now, although that must be pretty traumatic to lose a limb.

Thank you for the kind words. She is getting better there were a lot of other things that happened to her as a result of the infection, so I have no idea when I will be able to bring her home. At least I can talk to her now. She was so out of it for the first week. One day at a time.

Oh my -- best wishes to your mom for a speedy recovery! [bk bk B'KAHHHK]

Thank you Sarah. All your laughter is helping me through some rough times.
  • Love 3

Had no idea about the Luke Perry rumors! Also, would LOVE to find that Simpsons game mentioned on the podcast. Bart fought enemies by beating them with his skateboard, as I recall.

Suggestion for future podcasts. Would love to hear Tara and Sarah react to the I Hate Brenda excerpts. I guess I was out of the gossip loop in the early 90s, cause it's all news to me!