Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

19 minutes ago, Runnergrl37 said:

I like the 30 something gals.  Wasnt Angela like 33 last year?

Me, too! But if you've spend several years as a cheerleader and are ready to start a family, etc., it's no surprise to want to leave at 30ish.  

21 minutes ago, grapevine said:

How much longer do we think Jinelle will stay?

Hopefully for at least another year. Not sure about Visa's but once she finishes, does she have to go back Australia? If Jen retires at 4 years, i hope at least one of the girls from their rookie class makes 5 years!

11 hours ago, Sandiedog said:

That's why they have to be thin, if their thighs rubbed together it could create a spark and they would immediately go into "fireball".

Hahaha. You almost made me spit on my computer screen. 

• Love 4

I think this will be Jens last year too ? Especially if she's selected for pro bowl. 

I think Jenna may hang around for a little while longer yet. It'll probably be between her and Erica for point next year. I definitely think Holly will work her way up the triangle too. 

• Love 4
On July 28, 2016 at 8:57 PM, Josreason said:

True.  Which is why I'm thinking it's strange. Especially since it's hush hush for several others

I saw that as well and I think the University of Arkansas tweeted it first, so maybe that's why the news picked it up? Slow news day... Lol! 

7 hours ago, Sandiedog said:

Someone said Aug 5?

that's what Kelsey said, unless it's changed for some reason. 

4 hours ago, JC123 said:

I think this will be Jens last year too ? Especially if she's selected for pro bowl. 

I think Jenna may hang around for a little while longer yet. It'll probably be between her and Erica for point next year. I definitely think Holly will work her way up the triangle too. 

I could really see Jenna going for six or maybe even seven years.  She still seems so young (not in a bad way) and now that Sydney is gone, she hangs out a ton with Erica who I def think will stay another year.  I'd truly love either of them at point.  Both are great reps and look beautiful in all their pics. 

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, ChlcGirl said:

Am I the only one feeling kind of "meh" now that training camp is over?  Just seems to be so long til the show starts ..

Agreed!  Although I keep checking in hoping cameos will soon be released!

• Love 7
2 hours ago, ChlcGirl said:

Am I the only one feeling kind of "meh" now that training camp is over?  Just seems to be so long til the show starts ..

IKR!  All our suspense of who will make the squad is over.   Only thing that can give us some excitement is if our insiders give us some detials to discuss about why certain people were cut and/or who barely made it by the skin of their teeth ;).

Can't wait for the show!!!

• Love 2

Has anyone but Jenn k released a cameo yet? Hers is gorgeous this year. I hope they're all as good. It takes some really strange photography to make these women look as bad as they have the past couple of years. Swim looked much better this year.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, ChlcGirl said:

Yes I've got a serious case if PPD (post party depression). I'm ready for the games and the show!

• Love 5

Back on the track suits. I really dont see how the uniforn fits under that suit with all of the fringe, sleeves, belt and stars. Not to mention they would not want it to get wrinkled on the plane ride. 

I think they look good on the video. Mandy and Kelli look great.

• Love 1
On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 9:34 AM, sunwave said:

Honestly, I think the uniform is ugly. I hadn't heard of the DCC when I first started watching the show and when they first started singing praises about their iconic uniform, all I could think was "Who would want to wear that?!". The worst part is probably the poofy sleeves, I think it would look better if it was some sort of tank top with the vest (which I like), slightly longer shorts, and normal tennis shoes. I think dancing in boots is a ridiculous concept and looks kind of trashy, and don't understand why so many teams do it. At least for the DCC it makes sense with the whole cowboys thing, but still.....

I mean absolutely no offense when I say this, but this line made me laugh. ha! I would dare to say none of the girls would ever want to wear that, let alone the Cowboys allowing that.

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 10:57 AM, MrsEVH said:

To me it looks like a cheap fabric that would wrinkle a lot. Do all pro cheerleaders.have to clean their own uniforms or do they have someone do it for them?

The fabric is very rich and soft shockingly! It also has never wrinkled from my recollection.

I am not sure if the why Megan wasn't at Oxnard question has been answered, but she was taken off due to weight. I don't think that is a shock to anyone though. I also believe Kelli and Mandy were asked to attend due to the lack of blondes in the show group as well as their talent was needed! I have seen the new headshots and some are once again better than others both veteran and rookie alike. Some of my favorites were veterans Holly, Jenn K., Danielle, and Erica. Rookies, Selina, Jessika, Madeline, and Kelli.  I am anxious to see who gets to perform a solo at Meet the Team though! my guesses are Madeline, Mandy, Holly, Jenna, and possibly Melissa.

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, TXStar35 said:

I mean absolutely no offense when I say this, but this line made me laugh. ha! I would dare to say none of the girls would ever want to wear that, let alone the Cowboys allowing that.

The fabric is very rich and soft shockingly! It also has never wrinkled from my recollection.

I am not sure if the why Megan wasn't at Oxnard question has been answered, but she was taken off due to weight. I don't think that is a shock to anyone though. I also believe Kelli and Mandy were asked to attend due to the lack of blondes in the show group as well as their talent was needed! I have seen the new headshots and some are once again better than others both veteran and rookie alike. Some of my favorites were veterans Holly, Jenn K., Danielle, and Erica. Rookies, Selina, Jessika, Madeline, and Kelli.  I am anxious to see who gets to perform a solo at Meet the Team though! my guesses are Madeline, Mandy, Holly, Jenna, and possibly Melissa.

Such good information!! Was Megan taken off permanently or is it temporary until she can get in shape

• Love 2
1 hour ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Has anyone but Jenn k released a cameo yet? Hers is gorgeous this year. I hope they're all as good. It takes some really strange photography to make these women look as bad as they have the past couple of years. Swim looked much better this year.

Where? Twitter or IG?

10 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

I'm so happy to hear Megan was taken off show group!  Serves her right for getting Kyndall cut from the team!

She is still on SG. She was just taken off of the Oxnard trip.

10 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

I'm so happy to hear Megan was taken off show group!  Serves her right for getting Kyndall cut from the team!

Not a fan of Megan even though she's a good dancer. She just has a snotty mean girl expression on her face  IMO.

• Love 1
(edited)

It took more than Megan for Kyndall to be cut.

I seriously doubt Jenn K or Danielle could get anybody cut, let alone someone barely off rookie year. I just mentioned those two bc they have a lot of tenure and are well liked, group leaders, etc.

Edited by RazzleberryPie
  • Love 7

It is weird Megan was so vested in what Kyndall did when she doesn't have her own business handled.

Also, at least per her Twitter, Megan is doing Camp DCC as of yesterday -- in uniform. Why would she be fine for weight for that but now Oxnard?

• Love 2

One conversation doesn't mean a lot of vestment to me. 

Someone mentioned seeing Megan at point eventually. She's an amazing dancer and I like her, but I think weight will get her and she won't make it five years. Not that I would with the HD standards either. 

• Love 3

Megan has one of those builds where weight accumulates at her waist first while her legs and butt stay thin.   Kind of like Hannah.

Maybe K&J werent fans of Megan accosting Kyndall and they are upset w/ her too.

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Megan has one of those builds where weight accumulates at her waist first while her legs and butt stay thin.  

As someone who has a build like that, I can attest it is VERY hard to take weight off once it goes there :(

• Love 3
1 hour ago, TXStar35 said:

Megan's mom is pretty heavy. She has genetics to fight. She will have to work extremely hard and eat very clean to stay DCC fit. 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, ByTor said:

As someone who has a build like that, I can attest it is VERY hard to take weight off once it goes there :(

Me, too. One reason I really liked Meredith is because it was like looking in the mirror from the neck down. It's just genetics. Great boobs, long legs, but a constant battle to keep a totally flat stomach. 

• Love 3

I would guess that she's allowed to dance camps but isnt Oxnard supposed to be like kicking off the season? So it's only right they'd have the cream of the crop girls there. 

txStar, or dalgal, if you can please... Is there any DCC that is just a total bitch? It's pretty quiet at work, I'm on my own and I could just do with a nugget of gossip lol. 

• Love 7

Both Megan's parents are overweight.  Genetics aren't on her side.   I have no vested interest in Kyndall, but Megan's bitchiness towards her shows her character.   She's always seemed like a snot to me. 

• Love 5
31 minutes ago, JC123 said:

I would guess that she's allowed to dance camps but isnt Oxnard supposed to be like kicking off the season? So it's only right they'd have the cream of the crop girls there. 

txStar, or dalgal, if you can please... Is there any DCC that is just a total bitch? It's pretty quiet at work, I'm on my own and I could just do with a nugget of gossip lol. 

Lol I'm alone at work too and would love some juicy Intel. 

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, MamaV said:

I have lost track...have we confirmed the reason that Kyndall was cut or are we still speculating?

Speculation. I seriously think they brought in four? repeats, kept two, cut two. Skyrocketed  two to show group and dangled the carrot in front of the last two, hoping for a reaction for CMT. Now I will take my tinfoil hat and go home. 

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

That section where the rows do different things looks better today.

Haha - agreed.  Nothing gets by us ;).

Jenn K. is so good - she's so fun to watch. 

• Love 1

Is it the shadows or lighting or does Melissa need the next size up in bottoms? If I see what I think I see what is Kelli thinking? Even if Megan is on weight warning, what about Claire, Jax, Madaline and her pet, Yuko? 

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Couple questions.... is Jen K @ point in this video:

And do any of our insiders have info as to if CMT is filming at Oxnard?

Yes, Jenn is! I love to watch Jenna too though.

CMT doesn't film in Oxnard. A lot of the technical crew they use for the show is Dallas-based so they don't have to pay union fees, pay for travel and hotels and all that. Only the bigwigs come from LA. I'm sure they could hire crew to shoot this, but the cheerleaders aren't the focus of training camp, it's all about the 'Boys!

12 minutes ago, TiaGrace said:

Is it the shadows or lighting or does Melissa need the next size up in bottoms? If I see what I think I see what is Kelli thinking? 

?? oh!!! Now I see too. I want to unsee!! How does that happen with pantyhose??

(edited)
3 minutes ago, GingerJ said:

Yes, Jenn is! I love to watch Jenna too though.

CMT doesn't film in Oxnard. A lot of the technical crew they use for the show is Dallas-based so they don't have to pay union fees, pay for travel and hotels and all that. Only the bigwigs come from LA. I'm sure they could hire crew to shoot this, but the cheerleaders aren't the focus of training camp, it's all about the 'Boys!

Seems like they've filmed Oxnard before.  I remember one year there were DCC illnesses and injuries that were featured.  I'm just having a really hard time remembering who was injured/sick.  I do remember it was Lacey's rookie season....

ETA - somebody overheated and somebody dislocated a knee (I think)

Edited by DCCFanInKy
remembered something!
  • Love 1

Didn't we see Kinzie get sick at Oxnard one year? I thought that was filmed.

I assume TXStar is in Oxnard as she said 'maybe I'll see y'all in Oxnard this year'