Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

As I've said before, I'm not an Amy-fan (not a hater either; more Amy-ambivalent).  That said, I do give her credit for having the courage to re-audition after being portrayed as over-dramatic and having not made TC 2 years. The advantage she had was hearing (from the show at least) what the problem areas were (aside from wardrobe malfunction, her kicks) and actually trying to improve them.  So many girls who got cut from TC itself re-audition and seem to EXPECT to make it to TC again without making improvements (Caime O and Karissa come to mind).  She was a focus of pre-TC auditions so it does take courage to come back and relive all of that.  

I do have one other speculation about her last year that enters "conspiracy theory" territory-- and I wonder if this has been discussed or speculated on before:  When she went to Kitty's for the pre-finals prep class, she wore a white or beige bra under her black costume.  Then wore no support for the audition.  I have often wondered if Kitty scolded her for wearing something so conspicuous under the costume and that is why she didn't wear a bra at all to auditions (being that they are so soon after) but we were never shown that clip because it would have made the malfunction look like it was Kitty's fault.   Just something that has bugged me.

• Love 1
Just now, English Teacher said:

I do have one other speculation about her last year that enters "conspiracy theory" territory-- and I wonder if this has been discussed or speculated on before:  When she went to Kitty's for the pre-finals prep class, she wore a white or beige bra under her black costume.  Then wore no support for the audition.  I have often wondered if Kitty scolded her for wearing something so conspicuous under the costume and that is why she didn't wear a bra at all to auditions (being that they are so soon after) but we were never shown that clip because it would have made the malfunction look like it was Kitty's fault.   Just something that has bugged me.

Was she wearing a strapless bra? She could have worn one of those under the outfit unless they don't contain her breasts well idk. Or just change the outfit if it can't hold your top in.

Strapless bras don't really do the trick especially if you have something to hold in.  Look at the number of people who wore strapless tops to auditions and they kept falling down until they put in the audition in that they could not wear them.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, Dancemajor said:

I think K &J will realize now that they have cut Amy what a real impact she would have had on the team. Especially with how much she improved and kept her hope alive. She's a true spokesperson for a true winner. Someone that we would want the football players or our children to be like. Push and fight never give up. Just get better everyday despite the naysayers. I love her storyline. I hope they truly feel the impact of the dreams they crushed letting her go. It's truly their loss. How sad. I'm in tears 

Me to @Dancemajor ? She has a lot of fans too. Dcc or not her fans will stick by her, myself included. 

• Love 5
54 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

Maggie reminds me a lot of Kinzie in that picture. All three of these girls are drop dead gorgeous. Heather O is one of my favorites ever since auditions.

Wow, these ladies are GORGEOUS!   THAT'S the look I think of when I think of DCC!

• Love 2

Hmmmm...very interesting theory about the wardrobe malfunction, English Teacher.   Makes sense in that why would she wear the bra to Kitty's and not the finals (cause Kitty's is supposed to be just like a performance)) - and they were really close in time.

She also could have had on a strapless bra at auditions (cause of Kitty recommendation) and it just wasn't enough and fell down.  I know I wouldn't trust a strapless bra for support during a dance routine where there's leaping and jumping, and I'm a lot smaller than her.

Normally what larger chested girls do in comp dance is either use clear straps, or put skin colored makeup on the strap so it blends - or better yet, pick a costume that actually has the support that you need built in (which shouldn't be a problem when it's a solo).

Maybe Kitty did tell her to loose the bra though - she does usually nit pick on little details like that.

• Love 1

There has to be more to it. I have seen Amy dance along side Kelli and Kelsey and memory kicks or whatever were not a problem. And they all looked great together. This is horrible. I do think the conspiracy theory is huge when I see what has happened over the years with the show and certain girls. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, mcmrdh said:

Kelsey elected not to go... It was a paid gig. It wasn't something that's AAIA required any of them to do. It was a "side job" 

But it was under Stephanie's direction. She was the boss. And the DCC still uses her and features her on MTT. That is why I am not buying that appearance was some sort of huge red flag.

• Love 5

There is something up with a RC being allowed to miss any training camp- then make the team as a plus one! There are major rumblings in the dance community all over this- as you can imagine!! As for the real details in releasing Amy- we will never know! Unless there is a "Chelsea" type who wishes to blow the world class bubble-  

• Love 6
27 minutes ago, English Teacher said:

As I've said before, I'm not an Amy-fan (not a hater either; more Amy-ambivalent).  That said, I do give her credit for having the courage to re-audition after being portrayed as over-dramatic and having not made TC 2 years. The advantage she had was hearing (from the show at least) what the problem areas were (aside from wardrobe malfunction, her kicks) and actually trying to improve them.  So many girls who got cut from TC itself re-audition and seem to EXPECT to make it to TC again without making improvements (Caime O and Karissa come to mind).  She was a focus of pre-TC auditions so it does take courage to come back and relive all of that.  

I always thought that too!!! Guarantee that's what happened. I also think Vivians 'tin man' was a setup but that's a conversation for another day. 

• Love 4

OK I am not an Amy fan but that is a super classy post (similar to Kat), and I definitely give her credit for persevering and pursuing this goal. Well done Amy, I hope you find success in the future. 

• Love 11

Very classy post! Not everything is for everyone and she was praised heavily by those the decision makers despite the outcome. Seems like another Alexandra (tall black young lady from MTT 9 that everyone wanted to make the team but K&J couldn't do it in good conscience).

• Love 4
(edited)

See, I had the opposite reaction -- I translate her post as "Wow, I get told all these positive things, including that I'm a great fit for the team, and then they cut me for no reason!  Oh well -- on to better things!" VERY passive aggressive, IMO.

For me, this confirms the bitch vibe I've always gotten from her.  Also, the "I let the pressure get to me" indicates she lost her cool at some points (which doesn't surprise me).

Again, glad she's gone.  Once again, Kelli and Judy made a GREAT decision in kicking her to the curb.

Edited by Smplsimon
  • Love 3

I'm so sad for Amy just like I was sad for Courtney last year and I really thought Courtney would have been good for the team. Coietney didn't come back this year and I wonder if Amy will do it one last time next year. I found Morgan so unattractive and she sucked at dancing, but she made it. It makes you wonder. 

• Love 1

I think it's a great post - I see it as she's trying to focus on the positives and be optimistic, which is a great turnaround, considering how teary and dramatic she's been portrayed!

• Love 11
1 minute ago, JC123 said:

Amy's post is very gracious. 

If they told her all those good buzz words, what on earth is their reason for cutting her? 

That's the question Amy is hoping you'll ask yourself -- that's why she posted it that way.  She didn't share any of the negatives.  See, very passive aggressive.  I'm very disappointed she'd take the low road.

• Love 4

Glad she focused on the positives because she is positive!!! Go Amy!!! Far from being a bitch!!! Every single girl cries under the pressure. Sad some can only see negativity. Glad Auto Amy is above that!  A great role model to us all #teamamy

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

That's the question Amy is hoping you'll ask yourself -- that's why she posted it that way.  She didn't share any of the negatives.  See, very passive aggressive.  I'm very disappointed she'd take the low road.

Dang - see, now you have me reading it differently.  I wanted to take that at face value.  

• Love 1

In my opinion, I think there are some outside influences when it comes to the decision of who makes it to Training Camp and who makes or who does not make the team. *cough CMT* *cough Charlotte* In the case of Meagan F., Kaime from Season Four, and a few others, I think Kelli and Judy had little say so in bringing them to TC. Charlotte was practically drooling in her socks over the thought of Meagan because of her looks aka Julia Roberts. Sadly, Kaime was probably brought in because CMT wanted to try something new aka bring in a girl because the sisters left theme. If I remember correctly, according to an insider at the time, Judy and Kelli were not excited about Kaime coming back, and she had a snow ball chance in you know where of making the team. Of course, this is hearsay, so take it with a grain of salt. I have rolled my eyes and had plenty of WTH!!! moments when it came to who made TC in the past. I may disagree with certain choices, but I feel for Kelli and Judy because they have CMT and Charlotte breathing down their necks. Charlotte is also an Executive Producer along with Kelli, but I bet she has a lot more say so in the DCC organization aka what is shown or not shown.

Congrats to the girls who made the team. My heart does break for the girls who were cut. Amy seems to be taken it well. Good for her. Going to be an interesting Season 11.

I think Amy's post is extremely gracious and humble. I can't see passive aggression there at all; it speaks of the positives and also has her taking responsibility for herself. Maybe she had memory mistakes at crucial times. It could have been the dreaded kicks that just weren't quite there yet despite improvement, as she'd be on the end of the line.

I'm so glad she got to take so many good things from her experience in TC, I'd love to see her as a DCC one day and hope she comes back.

• Love 13
(edited)

Amy's post was great IMO. I think she wrote the positive feedbacl not to be sore or salty but to be optimistic, gracious, and remind herself of the good that came out of this despite being cut. It seems like training camp helped her grow in terms of knowing where she stands (that she seems to, in fact, be a good dancer based on that feedback) and had the strength and determination to get through it all.

Part of me thinks the boots is what did Amy in. Not necessarily the shorter legs in them (though that doesn't help), but the boots on the turf. We shall see!

Edited by morningglory
  • Love 7

I think that's a lovely post from Amy, especially considering how soon after being cut she posted it. I'll be interested to hear whether they encouraged her to come back next year. 

It will also be interesting to see how Yuko's situation plays out on the show, especially if they figured out a way to film her in Japan. I suspect the additional funding came from CMT to get some good drama.

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

See, I had the opposite reaction -- I translate her post as "Wow, I get told all these positive things, including that I'm a great fit for the team, and then they cut me for no reason!  Oh well -- on to better things!" VERY passive aggressive, IMO.

For me, this confirms the bitch vibe I've always gotten from her.  Also, the "I let the pressure get to me" indicates she lost her cool at some points (which doesn't surprise me).

Again, glad she's gone.  Once again, Kelli and Judy made a GREAT decision in kicking her to the curb.

You said it!  VERY true!  She is definitely not right for the squad looks wise, dance wise and personality wise.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Pinknblue said:

I think Amy's post is extremely gracious and humble. I can't see passive aggression there at all; it speaks of the positives and also has her taking responsibility for herself. Maybe she had memory mistakes at crucial times. It could have been the dreaded kicks that just weren't quite there yet despite improvement, as she'd be on the end of the line.

I'm so glad she got to take so many good things from her experience in TC, I'd love to see her as a DCC one day and hope she comes back.

I agree completely. I wouldn't have expected her to enumerate all the negatives/criticisms she received. She's trying to walk away with her head held high and I applaud her for that.

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, Pinknblue said:

Agreed. Is she supposed to give us a rundown of all the negatives things that were said to her? And if so, for what reason? So people can laugh at her or pick her apart... She was cut, so clearly it's a given that there were things they didn't like. I see no reason why she needs has to list those reasons and can't focus on the positive. Are all of the girls who made the team and are posting about it also supposed to tell the world every negative critique that they got, or is Amy the only one held to that standard?

Now, if she acts bratty on the show, then that's different, but I find her post to be very gracious, especially since she was cut on the very last day.

• Love 16
37 minutes ago, JayDKay said:

Amy posted on Instagram about being cut

The above is one of the reasons Amy is my favorite, I'm devastated she didn't make it. Amy is a class act. Anyone want to buy my DC season tickets?jk

Btw, has Kyndall posted anything? 

• Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, Dancemajor said:

I am estastic for Kelsey! Well earned. People focused on her beauty to love her as well. I have a special place in my heart for Amy a black woman. I know it's harder for them to make it through the process and get the same love. Let's be honest. Not taking anything away from the other women I just love the fight in Amy. She would be a great role model for little black girls in the stands and little girls every where. Probably not the PC answer but it's how I feel in the NFL pro cheer world in that regard. It is different for them because spaces are limited. We know this to be very true.

Sometimes you have to learn that not everything is right for everyone regardless of how hard they work or how much they want something.  Know when it is time to move on with your life Amy!

Edited by missmansfield
extra word
  • Love 3

Amy is AMAZING!!! I totally tear up when I get towards the end of her post. How difficult to share such horrible news so soon. Chin up Amy!! Your forever a fan fave and an inspiration to us all. Just curious what exactly is the DCC look?!

• Love 5

I seriously hope there is at least an explanation given for why Yuko is on the team. Learning that she needs a translator, along with missing some training camp, just irritates me.

On 7/21/2016 at 6:55 PM, Dior99 said:

Stupid box

• Love 9

Ok- I'll give us some topics:

who are the next 1 year wonders?

who is still a mess & not hitting lines?

who will Judy yell at all season?

who will be on weight warning?

who will have unfavorable photos on social media?

GO! may the predictions begin!!

Actually, in that article she is attributed a direct quote that shows a decent command of conversational English. It's probably more efficient for her to have a translator during rehearsals to deliver the nuances that are being thrown out rapidly and often. I'm looking forward to this season more than I expected, and Yuko's story is part of the reason!

Okay gang. Here are the instructions for the Ignore Feature:

Here is the Ignore Feature instructions for the situations where someone's posts may drive you to the brink.

1. Go to top of screen and click on the down arrow next to user name.

2. Click on "Ignored Users."

3. Type in the annoying person's name.

4. Select your preferences: Ignore Posts, Messages or Signature (if you leave them unchecked it will automatically ignore all three.)

5. Click "Add User" and you will see a list of users you are currently ignoring.

6. Return to the forum and have fun

Reminders: If another person quotes the poster you ignore, you will see the quotes and responses to the quotes. You cannot ignore the mods, and the mods cannot ignore you.

A few more reminders: Do not tell others what can or not be discussed on here. Remember not everyone will like every girl. Make your point and move on. Posts are already being hidden on here again because people are letting others get to them. Use the Ignore Feature if someone is pushing your buttons the wrong way.

3 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Is Yuko the new Loni Lindsay - for some inexplicable reason they gloss over things that would be unforgivable to others? How can someone who can't speak English be an ambassador for America's Sweethearts? 

Exactly. I'm wondering where TxStar and DalGal are. I, for one, could really use their insight?. I am #teamamy so any clues would be so appreciated. I am also very surprised Kyndal got axed. Again, on the last day? Someone is heartless in that DCC org.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, DancingForLife said:

Ok- I'll give us some topics:

who are the next 1 year wonders?

who is still a mess & not hitting lines?

who will Judy yell at all season?

who will be on weight warning?

who will have unfavorable photos on social media?

GO! may the predictions begin!!

Kelsey for one year wonder. Maybe Kelli because she's been in the scene a long time and Yuko bc of the visa issue. 

• Love 4
(edited)

I so can't wait to see Kelsey in uniform -- I've always thought she'd totally rock the DCC uniform.  I think she will be with the organization for awhile -- I could see her being a 5 year girl.

Edited by Smplsimon
  • Love 4
(edited)
10 minutes ago, Bubbetv said:

Actually, in that article she is attributed a direct quote that shows a decent command of conversational English. It's probably more efficient for her to have a translator during rehearsals to deliver the nuances that are being thrown out rapidly and often. I'm looking forward to this season more than I expected, and Yuko's story is part of the reason!

I'm sure the translator wasn't cheap, so wonder who paid the bill?  CMT?  The Cowboys?

I'm getting a bit of chuckle thinking about the translater having to translate words/phrases like "messy", "it's just really bad", "noodley" and "clunky" for someone that doesn't understand English fully.   Of course, if she watched MTT, I guess she'd know what to expect.

Whole situation is just really strange.  I really do bet some higher power than Kelli, and maybe even Charlotte, insisted she make the team.

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 3

See, now if she posted something sad or about how devistated she is at being cut the haters would say,"see Amy's being a whiny cry baby... Again. Get over yourself". Amy can't win either way. I loved her post and am glad she focused on the positives she got out of it and how much she's grown. #teamamy!

• Love 16