Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

46 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Wasn't there an episode/past episode were they cut 3 girls in one night?

Yeah there was like a massacre the second to last episode last season. Like 3 or 4 girls.

18 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

Yeah there was like a massacre the second to last episode last season. Like 3 or 4 girls.

Do you remember who all got cut that episode?

(edited)
3 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Do you remember who all got cut that episode?

Selena, Kaleigh, Courtney... was it Taylor or was she the night before? 

ETA: I think Kyndall was the fourth that night. 

Edited by LaurenBrook
(edited)
16 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

They ended up cutting 5 that episode. Taylor at the field and then Selena, Kaleigh, Courtney and Kyndall the next night or whatever night it was right before the final team was announced. It was a bloodbath that second to last episode.

Edited by SanLynn
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, LaurenBrook said:

Thanks. I just couldn't remember who got it. I do remember  the last episode where nobody got cut.

In regard to Holly, I think she is fabulous.  Please remember she was 18 when joining the team and Kelli's daughter is almost the same age.  I am sure they became friends because they are close in age.  All of their social activities would be geared for under 21!  Holly does not need to suck up at all because she is so very talented.  Holly seems to be friendly and outgoing.  She is definitely a hard worker.

Also, now that they have a few of the cowboy wives on the judging panel, I am looking forward to the day they ask Paige to be a judge!!!!!!!!  

• Love 5

I know.  I can't wait to hear whats going on.  Most of the girls are too busy or tired to even post on their social media.  I'm rooting for all the girls who finally made it to TC after auditioning for many years.  I hope they can prove that DCC had missed out on them for years and they make the team.  

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Luvdallas said:

Has anyone heard anything from trading camp yet???? I'm dying!!!!

2 hours ago, lindsayz18 said:

nothing yet...hoping to get some info soon lol

13 minutes ago, Beana8 said:

I know.  I can't wait to hear whats going on.  Most of the girls are too busy or tired to even post on their social media.  I'm rooting for all the girls who finally made it to TC after auditioning for many years.  I hope they can prove that DCC had missed out on them for years and they make the team.  

Nothing too exciting happening as of Week 1. They learned two dances and 3 girls got called into the office but nothing serious and no cuts. I would expect the first cuts to happen after rookie makeovers, but then again who knows when it could happen!

• Love 8
(edited)

Has any cuts ever happened before the makeovers or uniform fittings?

OT: Anybody here know how to delete the notifications? Mine are building up.

Edited by MrsEVH
49 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Do you mean the notifications you get when someone likes your post? Let me ask someone about it.

51 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Mine just go away when I click the little bell? 

• Love 2

Usually it is Monday-Friday evenings. The girls will come in during the day for uniform fittings, makeovers, and cameo pictures. Also, Show Group may have practice on the weekends, and the vets can make appearances during the day or on weekends.

19 minutes ago, Oklahomama said:

Is TC Monday-Friday? Just at night right?

It depends on the week and the day, also vets aren't always scheduled to attend all the rehearsals that are required for rookies. However this year the rookie make overs and uniform fittings are on weekends so it doesn't require coming in on a work day. As well when they have events like Show Group auditions, BELK fashion show, and cameo day they wont have rehearsal that night.

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, TXStar35 said:

It depends on the week and the day, also vets aren't always scheduled to attend all the rehearsals that are required for rookies. However this year the rookie make overs and uniform fittings are on weekends so it doesn't require coming in on a work day. As well when they have events like Show Group auditions, BELK fashion show, and cameo day they wont have rehearsal that night.

Who runs rehearsals when the vets aren't there?

7 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

Who runs rehearsals when the vets aren't there?

1 minute ago, bigskygirl said:

Assistant choreographers probably, and the group leaders do help teach routines.

So basically K/J might only attend one rehearsal a week?  Wonder how they can make a cut decision based on seeing the group one time?  Feedback from the assistants/GLs/Vets?

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

So basically K/J might only attend one rehearsal a week?  Wonder how they can make a cut decision based on seeing the group one time?  Feedback from the assistants/GLs/Vets?

Well they don't make a decision based on one time. If they tell a girl to make corrections, she then has a week to do so. They come back next week, improvement has/hasn't been made, then the cut would be made. The girls normally get more than 1 chance lol. It explains why some of the girls are complete nervous wrecks when K and J do decide to turn up though lol! 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, JC123 said:

Well they don't make a decision based on one time. If they tell a girl to make corrections, she then has a week to do so. They come back next week, improvement has/hasn't been made, then the cut would be made. The girls normally get more than 1 chance lol. It explains why some of the girls are complete nervous wrecks when K and J do decide to turn up though lol! 

Wonder if they show up on the same night each week or if the girls never know when they'll be there?  I'd think they'd have to be on a "schedule" due to the filming/what they wear schedule...

Going a little off topic here. In the case of notifications, we cannot not delete them like were able to do before the website update. Your older notifications will be deleted at least once a month depending on the date.

4 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

If we base it on how the show timeline is presented, yes, there have been cuts before makeovers/uniform fittings. It is possible that they show these things out of order on the show though, so it's hard to say. I'd have to go back and watch to say who, but there have been girls cut on the show before makeovers and uniform fittings I feel like quite a few times.

• Love 2

I work by The Star and it doesn't look ready at all, at least the way I drive past it. Any ideas on when it'll be the main location? I can only imagine Valley Ranch will be used for at least another month or two. And I still think it's bizarre that it's so far from the stadium, but whatevs. I can only imagine how annoyed a cheerleader who lives relatively close to the stadium will be to go so far north and all the way to Arlington. Four hours of car and bus time on game days at least! LOL. 

Driving past the new building, I was reminded of that horrible accident a few years back when the practice facility collapsed with the insane winds we get here in Dallas. This structure definitely looks more sturdy. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, kalibean said:

Driving past the new building, I was reminded of that horrible accident a few years back when the practice facility collapsed with the insane winds we get here in Dallas. This structure definitely looks more sturdy. 

How many ppl were hurt in that incident?  Weren't some of the current players inside when that happened?

2 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

How many ppl were hurt in that incident?  Weren't some of the current players inside when that happened?

Answered my own question....ouch....

http://espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4127852

• Love 1
3 hours ago, kalibean said:

I work by The Star and it doesn't look ready at all, at least the way I drive past it. Any ideas on when it'll be the main location? I can only imagine Valley Ranch will be used for at least another month or two. And I still think it's bizarre that it's so far from the stadium, but whatevs. I can only imagine how annoyed a cheerleader who lives relatively close to the stadium will be to go so far north and all the way to Arlington. Four hours of car and bus time on game days at least! LOL. 

I always thought JJ would build the stadium in frisco tbh. I'm not sure why everything moved there. I like it because it's 30 minutes from my house, but not sure why they did it.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, Hummingbird24 said:

I always thought JJ would build the stadium in frisco tbh. I'm not sure why everything moved there. I like it because it's 30 minutes from my house, but not sure why they did it.

I can't remember the exact details, but I know Arlington gave them the best incentives. He tried to find enough land in Dallas, but he couldn't come to an agreement with the mayor and the city. If I remember correctly, they wouldn't approve the usage of any taxpayer dollars, even though Jerry paid for most of the cost himself. There wasn't the infrastructure at the time up in Frisco to support game day traffic. I haven't been up that way in 3 years, so not sure what it's like now, but it would've been a nightmare. 

They needed more space and wanted an area with a dynamic real estate market, and Frisco is undoubtedly BOOMING, definitely way more than Irving... and Arlington isn't even in the same category. 

I still can't believe they snatched up that land when they did, it's the perfect location. 

The country club memberships at the Star have already sold out, probably because a majority of the people in Frisco have $$$$$. My friend bought a membership so I'm hoping she will take me along some time!

I can't imagine them finding enough land (and in the right area) to build in Dallas. 

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, Tdoc72 said:

Why did they need a new place?  What was wrong with Valley Ranch?

This is classic Jerry being smart and trying to make money. Valley Ranch was just a normal office building and practice facility but The Star will be more interactive for the fans. They will have a hotel, restaurants open to the public, the country club membership, and they will share the stadium with other high schools in Frisco. Very smart move!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Bailey3606 said:

They needed more space and wanted an area with a dynamic real estate market, and Frisco is undoubtedly BOOMING, definitely way more than Irving... and Arlington isn't even in the same category. 

I still can't believe they snatched up that land when they did, it's the perfect location. 

The country club memberships at the Star have already sold out, probably because a majority of the people in Frisco have $$$$$. My friend bought a membership so I'm hoping she will take me along some time!

I can't imagine them finding enough land (and in the right area) to build in Dallas. 

I was referring to when they built Cowboys Stadium, not the new practice facilities  etc etc etc in Frisco. Jerry did try to work with the city of Dallas to build the new stadium in Dallas. 

1 hour ago, Tdoc72 said:

Why did they need a new place?  What was wrong with Valley Ranch?

Because Jerry always has to have the best of everything. 

• Love 1
On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 3:29 PM, Spooky said:

Just catching up on the thread; yes Jennifer's husband is a pilot. I've seen her a few times at his work and met her once when they were here in Austin. She was very nice; we didn't talk DCC but I assume she knows Tyler tells everyone about her because he's very proud of her accomplishments.

I've been watching the older seasons lately and its so fun to see the current ladies as rookies and see how far they've come. I only started watching in real-time during season 9 so looking forward to seeing how far the rookies from that season go.

Nice!!  Is she as friendly, articulate and pretty as she is on TV?  Is Tyler a pilot of an airline or military pilot?

So lucky you got to meet her! She's one of my favorites!

On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 5:04 PM, MyFavShows said:

So Holly P is now BFF's w/ Kelli's daughter?  We're any other DCC at her graduation?  Did Holly P know her at all before moving to Texas for DCC?   What a kiss up if not ;).

Well they're around the same age no?  And I've seen Sam tweet about hanging out with Holly many times and how much she "loves her" (ah the days of being young when you "loooooovvveeee" everyone lol)

• Love 1
On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 7:58 PM, ByTor said:

A life without cheez-its is a life not worth living, I always say :)

omg so true!!!  I love that stuff - it's addicting and they have so many different varieties of "cheese" flavor!  Aren't there two brands that produce similar cheese-tasting crackers?  Cheez-it and can't remember the other one ... (not Pepperidge Farm)

19 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Usually it is Monday-Friday evenings. The girls will come in during the day for uniform fittings, makeovers, and cameo pictures. Also, Show Group may have practice on the weekends, and the vets can make appearances during the day or on weekends.

Wow - that's really a big commitment ... is it like this for all the pro team dance squads?  Impressive - I guess it makes sense why so many of the girls have more "flexible" jobs... makes me even more impressed by the ones with full-time gigs and/or the ones that excel as students

I'm not sure when Holly became friends with Sam, but I believe it was last year when they started hanging out together. I would assume Kelli probably figured Sam and Holly would get along well with each other and set it up. I wouldn't see it as sucking up, Holly is one of the youngest on the team and just moved to a place where she didn't have any friends. Kelli usually tries to help the girls in any way that she can (as we've seen sometimes on the show) so I think she might have helped create that friendship. I'm not sure if there were any other DCC there, she put up a couple of snaps from her grad party last night.

3 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

omg so true!!!  I love that stuff - it's addicting and they have so many different varieties of "cheese" flavor!  Aren't there two brands that produce similar cheese-tasting crackers?  Cheez-it and can't remember the other one ... (not Pepperidge Farm)

Nips?  I'm not a fan, I'm a Cheez-it purist :)

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Nips?  I'm not a fan, I'm a Cheez-it purist :)

yes!  nips!  and you're so right ... Cheez-its is where it's at!

Can't wait til my diet is over and I can start having "cheat meals" and "cheat days"

• Love 1

Extra toasty Cheezits are pretty good.

maybe Sam and Holly just have a natural friendship, but Holly seems competitive and slightly calculating, so wouldn't shock me if she became besties with the directors daughter for other motives

• Love 2
50 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

I'm not sure if there were any other DCC there, she put up a couple of snaps from her grad party last night.

Im not sure about current DCCs, but Cassie and Judy were there. 

What the heck are Cheezits? 

3 minutes ago, JC123 said:

Im not sure about current DCCs, but Cassie and Judy were there. 

What the heck are Cheezits? 

Oh yeah, I think she snapped a picture of Cannon (Cassie's daugher)