Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I love it in Jenn. I like the lilac with her hair better. They all look cute. 

Agree. It looks just as good on Jenn as it does on Holly IMO. It's funny because there were some comments the first day that pic was posted that that style of dress looks bad, is dated, whatever, and then some of the same people said Erica looked the best out of all of them. They are literally both slightly above the knee peplum dresses! Lol. They just have different necklines and colors. I like Jenn's because she doesn't look like she's going to a funeral.

• Love 2

I'd really like to know what they actually tell these girls to wear to interviews. Some of them look like they're going to a cocktail party, some look like they're going to work in an office, others like they're going to brunch with mimosas.

• Love 2

Yeah, Holly Arielle could wear a trash bag and still be the prettiest classiest looking girl in the room! ugh, i miss her already :( 

I don't love the purple pleather looking fabric BUT the style is not bad and looks fine on both girls.  Jennifer's make up and hair in that photo look awesome...I so hope she is point, even though I do love Erica. 

Lacey is another one who never takes a bad picture. 

• Love 1
14 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

I vaguely remember the outfits from the 2005 show. They were very plain looking,  short sleeved midriff top and shorts. The vets wore pink tops and the rookies had white. I believe the same color/style outfits were used  in season 1 (2006) as well. Starting in season 2 (2007) they went to sports bra and shorts with vets in all blue and the rookies in pink and blue.

I loved the simplicity of the 2007 outfits. The criss-cross tops are not pretty nor as flattering, in my opinion. 

• Love 1

7 HOURS AGO, PARROTFEATHERS SAID:

Remember a couple years ago the TCC that didn't wear the correct outfit on the correct night?  Did she make the team?   She "forgot" or something.

Wasn't that KaShara and Raylee? Or maybe there was somebody else I'm forgetting! :)

Kashara & Raylee were Rookie room mates.  They looked at the chart/paper that they were given about what outfit to wear what night wrong since TC started in the middle of the wk and not on a Monday.  Both made the team.

2 hours ago, Oranaiche said:

Agree. It looks just as good on Jenn as it does on Holly IMO. It's funny because there were some comments the first day that pic was posted that that style of dress looks bad, is dated, whatever, and then some of the same people said Erica looked the best out of all of them. They are literally both slightly above the knee peplum dresses! Lol. They just have different necklines and colors. I like Jenn's because she doesn't look like she's going to a funeral.

You can't ever go wrong with a little black dress and strappy shoes. From an interview standpoint, it's much less risky than the purple dress.

For me, there's nothing wrong with the cut and style of that dress- it's the purple color and fabric. But we all have different opinions! 

• Love 2

I'm dying to know how/why Kats dress was deemed as inappropriate. The I like the purple leather but I'm well aware it's "out there" so for Kat to have been called out on it, it must have been really bad? Bless her ? 

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

You can't ever go wrong with a little black dress and strappy shoes. From an interview standpoint, it's much less risky than the purple dress.

For me, there's nothing wrong with the cut and style of that dress- it's the purple color and fabric. But we all have different opinions! 

I mean in all fairness I'm pretty sure Jenn could go to the interview with nipple tassels and it wouldn't be a risk for her because they love her so much, lol. I think you're right for a normal job interview setting, but for a DCC interview the color is fine in my opinion. But you're right, we can't all agree. Nothing wrong with that.

• Love 2

Lacey's dress is totally not my style, but she looks good in it. I can't see cutting or talking bad to Jenn K for wearing something j would t choose, especially since Holly already wore it. 

I know that was symbolically 'passing the torch' and all, but I have a feeling Erica might end up point. Just my gut. No special info.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Lacey's dress is totally not my style, but she looks good in it. I can't see cutting or talking bad to Jenn K for wearing something j would t choose, especially since Holly already wore it. 

I know that was symbolically 'passing the torch' and all, but I have a feeling Erica might end up point. Just my gut. No special info.

I don't think anyone remotely thinks Jen was ever at risk of getting cut or chastised for the purple dress. It's not inappropriate. I'm just interested to see what Kat wore....

• Love 3

I can't even picture the triangle in my head at the moment. Wasnt Jen K just behind Holly in the triangle? Where was Erica in the triangle all last season? To be fair either one would be so good as point! 

Or Jenna? 

12 minutes ago, JC123 said:

I can't even picture the triangle in my head at the moment. Wasnt Jen K just behind Holly in the triangle? Where was Erica in the triangle all last season? To be fair either one would be so good as point! 

Or Jenna? 

Jacie and Jennifer were on either side of Holly this past season. I think Jennifer will definitely be point and Erica is a contender for future seasons.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, TXStar35 said:

he was in a group of rookie candidates, she was in one of the last groups to go of the day so there were no other veterans there. I would also assume she didn't post a picture after being called out for wearing a dress that wasn't "interview appropriate", I mean would you?

Since it was probably a hot day, I'm assuming Kat wore a sundress rather than professional work attire. Makes sense. Guess we'll see when MTT rolls out in August!

16 minutes ago, Bailey3606 said:

Looks like Hunter's shoe got untied about 5 seconds into her solo..... Wow that really sucks! I hope it didn't phase her.

That makes me think of ?? who had the tear away pants that got caught coming off and finally flew off>  Who was that??

You know, Maybe Kat's interview dress on top of having a bad run in her hose at finals was part of the reason for her to be cut.  That was a bad run and she should have had second pair don't you think?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, RhiRhi said:

IMO this isn't what DCCs are supposed to wear to Mexico (although totally appropriate for the rest of us!) 

Completely agreed (assuming you're referring to Kat only--I think Jinelle is the definition of DCC airport appropriate here.)

• Love 2

Trying to catch up on all of the posts, but if Kat missed her interview with her group, that alone is probably a big reason why she got cut (I would assume more than her attire, unless it was just really bad). Based on what has been shown on the show, they are not very lenient with veterans who have issues with their interviews (Alyssa, Teri, Morgan, and perhaps now Kat). I would count that 1 year veteran, Lauren (I think that was her name), but that just seemed like a trick question to me. "Does the girl make the uniform or the uniform make the girl?" I could see the answer being either.

(edited)
24 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Trying to catch up on all of the posts, but if Kat missed her interview with her group, that alone is probably a big reason why she got cut (I would assume more than her attire, unless it was just really bad). Based on what has been shown on the show, they are not very lenient with veterans who have issues with their interviews (Alyssa, Teri, Morgan, and perhaps now Kat). I would count that 1 year veteran, Lauren (I think that was her name), but that just seemed like a trick question to me. "Does the girl make the uniform or the uniform make the girl?" I could see the answer being either.

I agree. If Kat missed her group interview, that'd probably be enough to cut her from the squad. Kelli and Judy are real sticklers for being on time (which means 1/2 hour early). Remember the dressing down Rachel got in S8 when she was late for the 1st night of TC? I was expecting her to be cut during TC! lol 

I think it was more Lauren Castillo's rather flippent "be a rock star" reply (though I'm sure she didn't intend it to come off that way) that did her in. From watching MTT, I would surmise Kelli and Judy want girls who see DCC as a giving opportunity than a "rock star" opportunity. :)

Edited by Kaedee

Part of the reason why Morgan was cut was she was 1/2 hour late for her interview. She came close to missing her interview. The one TC candidate in Season 2 was cut for being late to her uniform fitting and not wearing makeup to her fitting (sorry, I cannot remember her name.)

As we say in the theater, if you are early you are on time and if you are on time, then you are late.  It seems like they must ask the veterans about being cut with them all saying something like that is not happening.  Then they play that cut and sure enough, later in the episode they are cut!

• Love 1
(edited)

I remember that saying (though I was never in the theater beyond a drama class or two).  "If you're early, you're on time.  If you're on time, you're late.  If you're late, you're dead."  If Kat was truly as late as to miss her original interview time (and I might be misremembering what was said), than that would be enough of a cause for concern.  Then, there's her solo, which seems to be more rhythmic gymnastics and nowhere near as powerful as it should have been from what I've seen.  In addition, some people who have seen her on the field say her dancing didn't match the others.  Then the run in her stockings. . . every dancer I know has at least two pairs of tights and often more.  She really should have been prepared for that.  Everything like that adds up.  Then there are the things we don't know about.

Same thing with Caila.  We've only heard the one instance about her partying.  There may have been more or that may have been the only one.  There's also the weight gain.  Seeing pictures from her last auditions (for her second year) compared to this year (as well as seeing pictures from the season), she's heavier by several pounds and it's obvious.  There are probably other things as well that we're not seeing, especially if Caila's solo wasn't what it should have been.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 2
(edited)
28 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Where's a picture of Kat with a run in her stockings?

If you zoom in the run is almost all the way down her left leg. ETA don't understand why these Instagram pics get cut in half some of the time. Trying to post this again, lol.

Edited by Oranaiche

I know we probably won't get much info on TC for a while but I'm so excited it's actually starting tomorrow. Can't wait to see what comes of this year's group.

• Love 3
(edited)

True, it wasn't only rhythmic gymnastics, but, while that part was pretty, it seems like she wasn't really putting her all into the actual dancing part.  I don't know if that's only because it's a run-through in the video, but if she danced it like that at finals, it's a more lyrical style than is needed for the DCC.  That audition would be all well and good if she had the power and projection needed on the field, but many have reported that she doesn't match the others on the field in terms of style and making sure the last row can see her.  In the four years I was in field shows (more than 20 years ago) for band, we were constantly told to play to the announcers box which would allow the last rows to hear you.

Edited by EricaShadows

Re Kat's interview dress: I can't seem to find a picture of it now, but wasn't it that really short, light blue lacy thing? Super tight and had a low neckline too. It definitely looked like a clubbing dress.

6 hours ago, LouLou76 said:

Speaking of interview outfits, how great did Maggie look!  

Maggie gives me an Abigail Klein vibe - a very classically pretty blonde w/ blue eyes.   Looks like she has a very nice long and lean figure too.  

Can't wait till the show starts to get to know these girls better!  I want to see if all my speculations and guesses are correct ;).

• Love 1

I'm actually starting to think Erica has a good shot at being point when before auditions I was 100% Jenn K.  I think Jenn K. has gotten a little soft, and they can't have a soft point girl.  Erica will probably be able to do the job for more years.

• Love 1
Just now, MyFavShows said:

I'm actually starting to think Erica has a good shot at being point when before auditions I was 100% Jenn K.  I think Jenn K. has gotten a little soft, and they can't have a soft point girl.  Erica will probably be able to do the job for more years.

I am definitely rooting for Erica, but do you think they would move Erica up all the way to point when Jennifer was a group leader last year and right behind point??