Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E08: Wife is a Stage

Ro makes a major life decision without consulting Rob; Brandon surprises Craig with a romantic trip to New York; Erica confides in a cousin as her trust in Adonis fades; Rob and Tara's home renovation culminates in their biggest fight yet.

Does anyone else feel that the description above sums up every single episode of the season? Let's see, Craig surprised Brandon w the honeymoon trip, they go on a trip to Vegas, now a surprise trip to NY (which feels like a character, given how many times R&R talk about it).

Erika doesn't trust Adonis, SHOCKER.

Rob & Ro fight about her career decisions.

Tara & Rob show their shallow asses again and argue about whatever.

Yawn. Who chose these people to follow for a year?

• Love 7

Does anyone else feel that the description above sums up every single episode of the season? Let's see, Craig surprised Brandon w the honeymoon trip, they go on a trip to Vegas, now a surprise trip to NY (which feels like a character, given how many times R&R talk about it).

Erika doesn't trust Adonis, SHOCKER.

Rob & Ro fight about her career decisions.

Tara & Rob show their shallow asses again and argue about whatever.

Yawn. Who chose these people to follow for a year?

Yes. This. Totally agree. And I will just add that Adonis is definitely cheating on Erika.

• Love 4

We open the show with Realtor Rob and Tara setting up living space in their Project Manager's basement. Alrighty then. Yeah no way in hell this wasn't preplanned. Who the hell moves into their PM's basement instead of a hotel, other than Rob?! And as someone else said in the other thread, what happened to Tara's panic attacks? She's the one comforting Rob this episode because his anxiety over being displaced. Ok after seeing the couple cam with Rob naked, I a) need to puke and b) hope the PM has good insurance because that basement needs torched. Wow, now we get a shot at OCD Tara and her 100 bottles of supplements. Give me a break. Production having Rob name drop was just lame. I get he's had some big clients with big money but don't believe (nor really care) if they were celebs. I don't believe the renovation had a realistic time frame either. They had a less than 3 weeks time frame for what amounts to a 80% redo of a decent (we haven't seen the entire thing so don't know the sq ft) size house?! I agree with Tara's friend, O M G, $100k worth of furniture? And being stored in those pod containers? Again, crazy and shows the renovation is a huge one. Ok so the convo near the end of the episode starts with him saying the renov is already at 200k more than budgeted?! Again, nothing is realistic about their time frame/budget and I feel this part is all for tv. Dear Rob, you were lied to by Tara not her family. Be mad at your sex toy, not her parents. And for as much as you say you hate Persian culture or what little you know of it, you sure loved to call her your Persian Princess in the intro of this season/show. You bitch and complain about all the money she spent on her family, all the money being spent on the reno and yet we see in the preview for next week that you go to San Fran. WTF?!

Loved the cute scene with Brandon and Craig. Didn't need to see the undies though!! :P Craig performing for Brandon was so sweet. I love this couple!! 

Also didn't mean to watch anything Adonis and Erica but did and have to say, when I call my husband and leave a message I don't say, "Hey (husband's name) this is Karma." It's more like "hey babe, just trying to get a hold of you" or something similar. I just find their interactions to be odd. Plus, they have smart phones, that show caller ID even on the voicemail so I'm really not understanding them. And although he probably is out cheating, my first thought was maybe he was in a business meeting and couldn't answer. 

I was amazed at Ro's mom's reaction to seeing the pics. She said, "Oh no" and "Oh that's sad" so Ro's dad must look almost like a completely different person or the "demons" have really done their damage to him physically, which I can understand. I see that when I look at my mother in law. The next spot of theirs showed Ro admitting that now that she has interviews for new jobs lined up there is more reason to stay. We all knew that in the other thread. Rob was wrong when he said she should have asked but completely right when he said she should have consulted him. Or at the very least WANTED to consult him. I've been married 19yrs (as of March) and there's not a big life thing that my husband or I would consider without talking to the other one.  Of course, Ro was hurt that he wasn't excited and she did things wrong in the ensuing argument. Of course at the end they came back together and talked it out like calm semi-rational people. And next week for them looks interesting as well.

• Love 1

I don't think Tara's boobs could get any bigger. She looks ridiculous. I don't like her, but I detest her husband. Married three times. Red flag. No relationship with his family. Red flag. Now he wants to cut off her family. Why would you be with someone like that?

Adonis and Erica both seem to have very low IQs.

I like Craig and Brandon. They are too normal to be on this show.

Ro is pretty. I thought her dad looked good. I wonder why her mom was all aghast?

• Love 4

Rob was wrong when he said she should have asked but completely right when he said she should have consulted him. Or at the very least WANTED to consult him. 

Ro approached it wrong, and Rob reacted wrong. She should have told him she had a job offer she really wants to accept, what do you think about it? A prime example of two people that have a lot to learn about relationships. 

Craig bugs the hell out of me. He thinks he's too cute. He acts like a little boy. I guess that's what Brandon likes in a partner.  By the way, I think Brandon is handsome but why does he always look so dirty to me?  I just want to scrub  him. 

• Love 1

Honestly, Rob and Ro do not have any filters. It occurred to me that they often think things others might, but they don't have the common sense to let those ideas remain thoughts and not say them. Hence, Ro's comments about how these kinds of fights are what drive people apart, and Rob's rhetort about how he knows a good lawyer and understands why they're all alcoholics.

Also, think what you want to about religion, but at least all religious ceremonies (at least the ones I'm aware of) require couples counseling prior to getting married. I still say that one of the smartest decisions my husband and I ever made was to get married in a church. Where I'm going with this is to suggest how these couples needed counseling (and not that B.S. mess Adonis and Erica supposedly attended for one session) to really work things out prior to getting married. And we all know which ones shouldn't have gotten married anyway.

Adonis and Erica - HER VOICE. (I need my Edvard Munch "The Scream" emoji to correctly represent my expression). And yeah, he's cheating. When my husband is playing videogames he doesn't fail to answer his phone. Also, his smile/smirk, his inability to meet his grandmother's eyes, and her knowing looks after he said that comment? Yeah, that's really plausible. I just don't understand how these people can function with all of this drama in their lives. Aren't their stupid jobs stressful enough?!

Craig and Brandon - I love how Craig qualified that Bway was his best moment in his entire life until he met and married Brandon. Too cute. Whoever said that they're too normal to be on this show was way correct. They better last.

Rob and Tara - OMG his sunburnt, short (no offense to anyone who prefers shorter guys, also I'm a short lady myself), smarmy butt doing so-called stripper poses and stretches while brushing his teeth?! WHARF. And Tara, as a card-carrying member of the OCD club, and as someone who knows others with more severe cases of OCD, no your BS supplements do not qualify you to suffer from this disorder. What an ignorant statement to make. And as someone who has dealt with narcissistic families, I wanted to give Rob the benefit of the doubt. I really, truly did. But yeah he's a total sketchy loser and their relationship is a bona fide mess. Good luck with that, Persian Princess. 

• Love 3

"You are so pretty, that people are always blowing powder up your ass; someone has to bring you down to earth."  Puhleeze!   Ro looks like every other woman I see every day on the Lexington Avenue 4 and 5 subway lines.   I would like to see what she looks like without her weave and 20 pounds of makeup. 

• Love 5

New Jersey Rob wasn't upset that she accepted a job without telling him.  I mean, that had nothing to do with it.  He was upset because HE is not happy with his OWN career.  He lashed out.  He got mad, threw a fit, stomped off to his "music" (eyeroll) and then finally admitted that he is unhappy with himself and how his career is going.

He took it out on her.  It happens, it is called projection.  But he should never toss around the D word.  That is a low blow.

• Love 7

New Jersey Rob wasn't upset that she accepted a job without telling him. I mean, that had nothing to do with it. He was upset because HE is not happy with his OWN career. He lashed out. He got mad, threw a fit, stomped off to his "music" (eyeroll) and then finally admitted that he is unhappy with himself and how his career is going.

He took it out on her. It happens, it is called projection. But he should never toss around the D word. That is a low blow.

BINGO!

I don't get where he thinks she needed to consult with him first. He already knew she had the interview AND she specifically said that he wanted her to land that job specifically because it paid more.

Sooo she did exactly that and his panties are bunched because she didn't say "oh husband my ruler may I please have permission to say yes to this job we both already knew I was interviewing for?"

Oh please. He's unhappy with his own career path and he's taking it out on her and is also trying too damn hard to be the boss of their household

• Love 5

I detest her husband. Married three times. Red flag. No relationship with his family. Red flag. Now he wants to cut off her family. Why would you be with someone like that?

Ugh, yes. I'm running out of ways to call him a petty asshole. Tara is such a wimp. She needs to grow a pair and tell Rob that it's their house and if she wants her parents to come over, they will. If she wants to buy her parents groceries, she will, and that's it. If he doesn't like it, too bad.

• Love 4

I find the arguments between Rob and Ro shocking, very mean-spirited and they escalate very quickly.  They go for the jugular every time!  And then, they settle down all happy and OK.  I'm glad it apparently works for them, but it always leaves me shell-shocked.  They see themselves as this sophisticated New York power couple.  I picture them in a Manhattan high-rise, then, the intro shot of their apartment building shows this building that looks like a housing project and the location shows "Jersey City, New Jersey". 

Ugh, yes. I'm running out of ways to call him a petty asshole. Tara is such a wimp. She needs to grow a pair and tell Rob that it's their house and if she wants her parents to come over, they will. If she wants to buy her parents groceries, she will, and that's it. If he doesn't like it, too bad

Agree, except it would appear that Tara is not bringing in any income and is spending Rob's money like water.  We've seen her dropping some huge amounts without any consultation with Rob, so she is definitely enjoying the fruits of his labor.  I think both of them are guilty of deceptions before the marriage and now have to deal with it.  I thought the "basement" apartment they were living in was pretty nice, but the black/white checkered walls gave it a circus tent feel.

Can Adonis say anything with a straight face?  He's always grinning, which doesn't lead anyone to take him seriously. 

• Love 3

New Jersey Rob...got mad, threw a fit, stomped off to his "music" (eyeroll)...

He reminds me of Ross Geller and his Casio.

Tara...needs to grow a pair...

Well, she *bought* quite a pair...  Seriously, I'm a straight girl, and I can't stop looking at them.  I'm fascinated by their physics.  And you know what?  If everyone is constantly trying to figure out how they defy gravity like that?  It just ain't a good boob job.

• Love 7

Only Brandon and Craig seem to have a healthy marriage. 

All the rest... very very VERY unhealthy.  Rob and Ro constantly scream at each other (which I think is more his fault than her's),  Adonis and Erica no comment, and Persian Princess is already lying to her husband.  And how much money are you spending on groceries for your parents if it triggers your husband to question the credit card bill???  Old people don't eat that much lol

• Love 3

And Tara, as a card-carrying member of the OCD club, and as someone who knows others with more severe cases of OCD, no your BS supplements do not qualify you to suffer from this disorder. What an ignorant statement to make. 

Tara is such a fucking poser, I want to punch her in the FACE. I almost guarantee she's one of these "self-diagnosed" OCD'ers, who thinks because she's anal with a few "rituals," it makes her special and complex. "The lines on the comforter bother me, tee hee", did I mention I want to sock her in the face?

It took me almost twenty years of suffering, questioning, hiding, being ashamed re: what was going on inside my brain that made my life nearly unbearable and ruined personal relationships. It took a psychiatrist, therapy, and eventually ONE medication to straighten out my funky brain wiring, and years of learning coping mechanisms to make every day life sane and manageable. THIS IS NO TEE HEE LAUGHING MATTER. Anyone who legit has this disorder will attest.

So stop faking a serious condition, and get your teeth and tits fixed, bitch.   

/end rant

• Love 7

Can Adonis say anything with a straight face?  He's always grinning, which doesn't lead anyone to take him seriously.

He wants to show us his pearly whites!! 

Gag. Seriously, how are those things attached anyway?  And PLEASE no more shots of him eating.  He is so disgusting to me!  He sure looked like the cat that ate the canary when his wife returned from her trip.  All grinning and smug and shit.  

I love Brandon but Craig seems like such a whiny little baby.  I love it when he said, "you cleared our schedules for a whole week?" And Brandon said, "well, yours wasn't that hard to clear."  

If the sex is already dwindling in the first few months of marriage (which seems to be the only connection between Tara and Rob), that doesn't bode well for their future.  

• Love 3

New Jersey Rob wasn't upset that she accepted a job without telling him. I mean, that had nothing to do with it. He was upset because HE is not happy with his OWN career. He lashed out. He got mad, threw a fit, stomped off to his "music" (eyeroll) and then finally admitted that he is unhappy with himself and how his career is going.

He took it out on her. It happens, it is called projection. But he should never toss around the D word. That is a low blow.

I agree with this, as soon as the convo. got going, I understood that he was feeling left behind in that she seemed to have a clear direction of what and where she wants to be in her career and he doesn't.  But I laughed and thought it was cute when he asked how she's become so aware so to speak and did she read it in a book. That was so cute IMO. 

However, I do feel that in a marriage one should consult, not ask permission, but just consult before making important life decisions. He knew she was going on interviews but he didn't know things would come together that fast. But if you want a job and it's offered to you, you better jump on it. She could have at least made that case that time was of the essence and she didn't want to lose the opportunity.

I like this couple, they're young and have a lot to learn about not immediately going for the jugular. However, they seem to always calm down and talk it out, which is essential.

Tara and Rob: "Crickets"

Adonnis and Ericka:  "Screaming monkeys in my head"

Craig and Brandon: Still cute, just no more underwear shots.

Edited by represent
  • Love 3

Tara is such a fucking poser, I want to punch her in the FACE. I almost guarantee she's one of these "self-diagnosed" OCD'ers, who thinks because she's anal with a few "rituals," it makes her special and complex. "The lines on the comforter bother me, tee hee", did I mention I want to sock her in the face?

It took me almost twenty years of suffering, questioning, hiding, being ashamed re: what was going on inside my brain that made my life nearly unbearable and ruined personal relationships. It took a psychiatrist, therapy, and eventually ONE medication to straighten out my funky brain wiring, and years of learning coping mechanisms to make every day life sane and manageable. THIS IS NO TEE HEE LAUGHING MATTER. Anyone who legit has this disorder will attest.

So stop faking a serious condition, and get your teeth and tits fixed, bitch.

/end rant

Totally agree with you about this -- real OCD a is not "cute." And I hope I did not mess up your quote because my first response was in the middle of your quote. Edited by Thumper
  • Love 3

Rob/Ro -- If he knew she had the interview…why didn't he know she might take the job if offered….Uh, wouldn't that be part of a normal conversation.

Let's even say there's there's only a week between applying and the interview…. even if a spouse doesn't know if they'll take the job…wouldn't they convey that at SOME point during the week. After they've thought about it.

"Uh, that job interview I've got on Tuesday?…I THINK I want it but I'm not sure." The discussion flows from there and is whatever it is So, OK so she comes home and says she took the gig. Is that a reason to get bent out of shape. You knew she might. So she did…….. Whatevah!

• Love 1

Rob and Ro: Their biggest issue is that they argue dirty. Both have valid points when they do argue, but they both hit below the belt. And Rob really needs to chill with throwing the D word out every time they fight. From this perspective, all it says to me that when things aren't lovey dovey, that means the marriage has to end. It's cruel, and if it continues, I don't think the marriage will last. I have hope for them though, because they seem to truly care for each other, and the weird limbo between "job to pay the bills" and "dream career" is not uncommon in the stage of life that they're in.  PS: not to stray too off topic, but it's kinda not because it's a key point in their story, but this is the complex they live in.  Pricy but the amenities look amazing, and the commute from Jersey City to Manhattan is only like 15 minutes or less, depending on where you work (try commuting nearly an hour from NJ, R&R!!!) A lot of these Manhattan moguls live in NJ just because they get more bang for their buck, so I think they need to just stay where they are…but different strokes for different folks.

Craig and Brandon: I forgot to post about them the last time because they're boring, and by that I mean they are a caring, functional, and loving couple. I loved watching Craig take Brandon through NYC, the song he sang for him, and the way he took care of Brandon last week after his surgery. Craig is a little immature, but I think that's more to do with the age difference between them, and he will mature. I enjoy watching them.

Erica and Adonis: This has clearly been a pattern for them for several years, probably most of their relationship. Adonis engages in some questionable behavior (and is most definitely cheating), Erica gets upset, Adonis does some elaborate gesture to get back in her good graces, she begrudgingly forgives, he engages in questionable behavior again. Wash, rinse, repeat. And judging by the condescending way Adonis was speaking to her during that phony dinner with that shit-eating grin on his face (though that may be his normal face, LOL), it's clear that he isn't going to change. And count me with everyone who is wondering what in the hell they do for a living to afford that house. Because, SERIOUS property envy.

Rob and Tara: Ugh. Ugh, ugh, ugh. I want to feel sorry for Tara because Realtor Rob is such a douchebag, but she makes it hard. I would bet anything that she painted her parents in this awful light and telling him that they made her marry her ex-husband, but didn't think he would take that and run with it  She also thought she could bat her eyelashes, be a "kept woman" and spend however she wanted without Rob saying anything. That's the one shred of respect I have for Rob, he doesn't seem like he's going to let her run him into the poorhouse. He showed that by them staying at his friend's house, rather than the Four Seasons like she wanted. I think the majority of the lies she's told him are slowly catching up with her. That said, Rob is no prize either. I can't believe that a man of nearly 50 would hold so tight onto a grudge. Should he be seeking out Tara's parents approval at this stage of his life? No. But he is absolutely wrong in trying to make her completely separate herself from them, and is completely petty for being so angry with him for NOT embracing him with open arms, considering how their daughter met him? YES. And even if they did treat him some type of way, it's time to GET OVER IT. Especially since he is supposedly in this for the long run (though with two other marriages behind him, I don't feel too confident). I see her parents just accepting what it is and trying to embrace him, and him digging his heels in and not budging. It's ridiculously childish. I don't foresee them lasting more than another year, especially if sex is the ONLY thing that is keeping them together(which by the way, barf).

Edited by Angelsmom1009
  • Love 5

Rob and Tara:  I have a friend whose mother in law hates her.  Friend's husband told his mom that if she didn't keep her negativity to herself and not dump it on he and his wife, he couldn't have a relationship with her.  Tara might have to put those boundaries on point with her parents.  Rob is her husband, he's her primary relationship.   Rob doesn't have to deal with Tara's parents, but he shouldn't stop Tara from dealing with them.  Rob also needs to understand what Tara's parents mean when they say Americans are cold.  American "society" if you will, concentrates more on the individual; whereas many other countries are focused on the community.  So sometimes people look at Americans and think, "God, you guys are so selfish."   Whereas some of us might look at other countries and think, "God, I couldn't live there because I couldn't be me."

I don't think Adonis and Erika should even be married.  I think he's a cheater and she's kind of immature.  

Rob and Ro:  I think they both like to fight, they might even get off on it.  I don't know, sometimes their fights seem fake to me, like they're very aware of the camera and are trying to make themselves interesting.

Craig and Brandon:  They are an example of what a couple is supposed to be.  I think it's because both of them have had lives and careers.  I loved them in NYC.  I loved how Craig showed Brandon part of his past, what his life was like.  I think it takes guts for anybody to come from any small town, to NYC to try to make it on Broadway, many try but few succeed.  

• Love 5

If the sex is already dwindling in the first few months of marriage (which seems to be the only connection between Tara and Rob), that doesn't bode well for their future

I caught something Tara said during a talking head-"we used to have sex 5 times a week and now it's only twice (or something like that)".  Their relationship is based on sex, nothing else.  I wouldn't want to spend time with either of them.  They are both exhausting.  Tara thought she was marrying a rich guy and could spend his money however she wanted and Rob thought he was marrying his "hot" young girlfriend.  They are both gross and have no redeeming qualities.  I wonder what type of relationship Rob has with his kids.  Have they ever been mentioned?

• Love 3

I wonder what type of relationship Rob has with his kids.  Have they ever been mentioned?

Nope, never mentioned. I only knew he had kids from reading it here in another thread.

• Love 1

Rob has kids? I guess I missed this. I was too focused on all of the failed marriages he has had.

See, I don't consider divorce a "failure" any more than I would call a person a failure for having more than one job in a lifetime.  I think there is this thinking that there is just ONE person and when they get married it has to be FOREVER.  I think that's bullshit because, especially today, this is a more transient society than it has ever been.  People go through more changes than folks did fifty years ago.

However, I think Rob and his Princess both suck because their entire relationship is based on sex and that never lasts.

• Love 1