Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

Gabe Sherman from Punchbowl said that Joe could be the backup plan to become Speaker of the House. Mika laughed. Mccarthy is not popular with the right wing GOP.

No second ballot since 110 years.

• Like 3

Joe gave advice to mccarthy. Joe said he should challenge the rebels & make a deal with Democrats.

Joe started yelling & about running over the 7 rebels. Angry Joe is back.

Mika agreed with Joe. Joe told Mccarthy to stop giving Redslkns tickets or shine their shoes .

Mika corrected Joe thatthe team was called the Commanders.

Joe called Santos a run away beer truck. he can't remember when his mom died.

Joe said he wanted to sing a Barry Manilowe song.

Next segment will be about Trump blaming pro lifer radicals for GOP losses.

• Like 3

Joe said he never believed in the red wave. The conservative leaning pollsters overestimated GOP support.

Joe was puzzled about the abortion issue importance in polls. It was high in August but low in October but turned out to be important on election day.

• Like 3

Thank goodness James Carville interview is finished.  I had to hold myself back from throwing a shoe at the television every time Mika called him Carvel.  What is he, ice cream?  Oh, and Mika, if you really knew your value, every time Joe cut you off (like four already today) you'd say, "Excuse me, dear, I believe it's my time to speak."  Or something like that, you know.  What an ass Joe is.  I'd last co-hosting with him through maybe one show.  And marriage?  About a year.  Or a month.  "Husband, I'm still speaking and will not yield the floor."

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

Joe is discussing Reaganism. Joe supported Reagan.

Joe ran Newt out of Town.

Joe said the the Tea party became anti government. they didn't listen to Joe's small government policies.

Joe called it a 40 year meltdown of the GOP.

Beshloss said Gaetz could throw a barca lounger out of the Speaker's office. Mccarthy has furniture in the office.

Mika is holding a Morning Joe mug with both hands.

Joe applauded Nancy Pelosi for knowing when she had the votes.

• Like 3

Joe was feeling it today.  Beyond insufferable.  God, what a loud, tiring rehash of irrelevant bullshit from 30 years ago.  Speaking of, Chris Matthews said Liz Cheney's last name correctly.  

The producers should zap Joe's chair with electricity every time he: interrupts Mika, says "Newt," or "Reagan," or "aisle," or "Madisonian," or "when I was..." or "Red Sox."  That'd teach him some new tricks really quickly.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Lowcountry snark said:

Joe was feeling it today.  Beyond insufferable.  God, what a loud, tiring rehash of irrelevant bullshit from 30 years ago.  Speaking of, Chris Matthews said Liz Cheney's last name correctly.  

The producers should zap Joe's chair with electricity every time he: interrupts Mika, says "Newt," or "Reagan," or "aisle," or "Madisonian," or "when I was..." or "Red Sox."  That'd teach him some new tricks really quickly.

Joe also quoted Mark Halperin's newsletter. Bringing back Chris Matthews shows the clout that Joe has with the network.

Senator Claire is on fire today mocking various GOP members.

Mika folded her arms & smirked at the camera during several segments.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Joe is mad at GOP whack jobs that are anti vax. Mika called Trump a loser.

Carville s back.He said some Republicans switched sides in the last election to help the Democrats.

Morning Joe likes bringing back guests from the Clinton era.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
6 hours ago, Lowcountry snark said:

God, what a loud, tiring rehash of irrelevant bullshit from 30 years ago. 

I've quit the show but I must comment about this. I'm reading Kellyanne Conway's memoir (which is quite engaging, I must say) and, coincidentally, just today came upon a passage describing Joe's performance at a Club for Growth conference in 2013..."reliving his glory days in Congress, recalling how he supposedly stood up bravely to Newt's excesses..."and how Rebecka Mercer unloaded on him in the Q+A, asking "Why are you even here, trashing Newt, whose Contract with America helped elect you in 94..." blah, blah, blah. My point being that he's been a tiresome bull shitter for decades. Everyone is over him. Except Mika, I guess.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

The topic today is embarrassement for the GOP not electing a speaker.

Joe said the GOP is losing swing voters in Atlanta & Philadelphia.

At 6 03 am, Joe said he spoke to a FOREIGN LEADER who was worried about American democracy. Joe said baby it's Democracy !

Joe said the USA has survived for over 230 years.

Joe said there is no harm for democracy.

Mika was smiling at Joe when he was speaking.

These are glory days for Joe.

Joe is impersonating Carville.

Joe said some GOP's are mocking Trump.

Joe is now using his Southern accent.

Joe is now hitting the glass table with his hand.

Willie said no one is listening to Trump.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

Joe made fun of Gov De Santis.

Joe started doing a southern accent for De Santis.

Joe said the USA is not North Korea.

Joe said De Santis lives in an echo chamber.

Joe made fun of Romney predicting victory in 2012. He was in a bubble.

Joe forgets that he also predicted Romney would win in 2012.

Joe said De Santis speech won't work outside Florida.

Ratner said millionaires are moving to Florida from NY.

Joe said California taxes are very high for millionaires.

Joe mocked Illinois for having so many governors go to jail.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1

I actually watched this morning, since that's usually a remedy for me when I can't sleep, but even Joe and Mika couldn't put me to sleep. 

Just switched to CNN, though, at the sight of the odious Chris Matthews.  Why is MJ the go-to rehab stop for careers that should have stayed permanently dead?

• Sad 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Joe said Congress can start after Jan 5. Mika struggled with the word irrelevance.

Joe said there is no alcoho; in the chambers.

Joe supports the bi partisan to help fix a bridge in Kentucky & Ohio.

Chris said Trump is a loser.. Chris said Trump wanted punishment for abortions in 2016.

I think they brought back Matthews because he used to work with Tip O Neill.

Joe is opposed to omnibus bills. He wanted to know what was in the package.

Joe interviwed san Bishop who voted no to McCarthy.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
36 minutes ago, Kemper said:

He would know. Bombastic ass that he is. 

I watched that segment.  Rattner went on about New York millionaires relocating to Florida to avoid taxes, and Joe didn't bat an eye or show a shred of self-awareness.  He asked what New York could do about it, and neither one of them gave a decent answer. 

No, they don't have to live in Manhattan.  They have to live in Queens or Brooklyn or the Bronx or Staten Island or New Jersey.  Taxi drivers and nurses and waitresses and janitors can't telecommute from their mansion in Florida.

• Like 1
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1
31 minutes ago, meowmommy said:

I watched that segment.  Rattner went on about New York millionaires relocating to Florida to avoid taxes, and Joe didn't bat an eye or show a shred of self-awareness.  He asked what New York could do about it, and neither one of them gave a decent answer. 

No, they don't have to live in Manhattan.  They have to live in Queens or Brooklyn or the Bronx or Staten Island or New Jersey.  Taxi drivers and nurses and waitresses and janitors can't telecommute from their mansion in Florida.

I noticed that as well. Joe usually leaves the show when any topic that affects himself personally is mentioned.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

Rev Al Sharpton will be hosting a meeting with black officials to discuss issues affecting NYC like Crime & Inflation.

Joe blamed progressives for trying to defund the police.  

Joe said people are woke but not awake to crime affecting black people.

Sharpton is opposed to the latte crowd.

Donny Deutschee is on the panel in NYC.

Barnicle said the Post puts crime on the front pages to scare people.

• Like 3

Joe complained about CVS in NYC locking up toothpaste to prevent looting.

Joe said no one cares about shootings in Philadelphia.

Donny will be doing a segment on branding on Monday.

Donny called the GOP New Coke.

He said Trump needs new  branding.

Its a new segment called Brand Up or Brand Down.

• Sad 2
  • LOL 1
14 minutes ago, oakville said:

Sharpton is opposed to the latte crowd.

Is he, now? Does he realize that Joe, Meeka, Donny D, Barnicle, et al … ARE the latte crowd? A regular segment on Branding? Yes, that is what piques my interest in these times. But maybe MJ is trying to woo younger viewers. From Donny, no less. Meeka seems in a good mood today; please tell me she did not say Doris BURNS Goodwin.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
27 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Is he, now? Does he realize that Joe, Meeka, Donny D, Barnicle, et al … ARE the latte crowd? A regular segment on Branding? Yes, that is what piques my interest in these times. But maybe MJ is trying to woo younger viewers. From Donny, no less. Meeka seems in a good mood today; please tell me she did not say Doris BURNS Goodwin.

Joe & Sharpton are opposed to Liberal Latte. Joe is a Conservative latte.

• LOL 4

Monday recap.

Mika is wearing a black dress with blue eyeshadow. She looks weird.

Katy Kay has returned to the BBC.

Top issue was the Patriots not making the playoffs.

Joe is shocked that the Dolphins made the playoffs.

• Like 2

joe used a highlighter to show part of the wsj editorial page to show gravitas.

Joe called them cooks for attacking the CIA & FBI.

Joe said people in Wisconsin & Atlanta suburbs won't vote for that.

It's a trap to help Biden

• Like 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, oakville said:

Katty kay said Brits are not happy with Harry because he is damaging the monarchy.

Joe likes Harry & his service but the book will backfire and hurt his reputation.

Which I found hilarious because by her own admission, this piece of fine reporting was based on, “people [she] talked to.” Top-notch research team over at Morning Joe.

Edited by charmed1
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
On 1/6/2023 at 8:05 AM, Kemper said:

Meeka seems in a good mood today; please tell me she did not say Doris BURNS Goodwin.

She did get the title of Meacham's book wrong last week. 

He's only been on every week for the past three months promoting it.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 1

Mika is wearing a light blue shawl around her arms today.

Joe defended Biden for having classified documents. Lemire said biden turned over the documents when they found them.

Joe attacked people on twitter that said Biden was doing the same thing as Trump.

joe said its a false equivalency.

Joe is using a new "twitter nerd accent" to make fun of people that didn't support Georgia bulldogs.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

I have a flight today and I'm so confused about the cancellation shitshow?

my main question is, why is there no backup plan for this? no uhhh emergency system? Surely this would've been one of the main targets of cyberterrorism etc? aaaaahhh

where is the backup plan?

ETA: although obviously grateful for caution and everyone doing their best to resolve it. man oh man it can't be easy 

tom costello is such a pro, I love him. He literally sounds like a journalist in a 1940s movie, his badassery is of the old school variety and I am here for it

Edited by neona2
  • Like 2

aaaand now watching CNN bc I literally need updates on this breaking-ass news, to know whether to physically go to the airport

I will never understand why they do this this rerun shit on *breaking news days* aaaaah. On CNN they are all live and present in studio *cries*

I'd much rather have breaking news from my favorite people, but here we are.

Edited by neona2
  • Applause 1

dull-ass update no one requested ---> but just for me, my actual morning flight was just rescheduled for this evening.

Hoping the same for everyone who needs to get somewhere 💕 Sending love and favorable winds 

Impressed with how all professionals coped with this shitshow. Literally whenever there's institutional incompetence individuals step it up and save the day

Still have an age-inappropriate crush on Tom Costello *chef's kiss*

But also Biden etc please please make a back-up plan for this. Probably we're gonna need it.

• Like 1

They had a lady on who was saying that disinformation is, and I quote, "really really bad out there in international countries" 

are there countries out there that are not international? 🥴

dude this is not news to anyone who speaks any language in addition to English, but no one ever listens.

In literally any language other than English, on twitter, whatsapp, facebook, tiktok, insta, it's a shitshow out there, and a lot of stuff reads like DJT lingo put thru some sort of bizarro DJT google-translate meat-grinder, except there are no safeguards. And it's been that way for years. 

a really really great guest for all these Brazilian segments, woulda been an actual! Brazilian! who will tell you exactly the above

it's scary as fuck, it's global, and it's ubiquitous

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
On 1/9/2023 at 9:56 AM, oakville said:

in the second hour, joe quoted Ronald Reagan's speech about city on a shing hill.

joe said the GOP was the party of Lincoln & Reagan.

He is very repetitive today.

I think it's a “shining city on a hill” but your take is great, Oakville.  And for the record, Joe is repetitive every day!

• Like 2
33 minutes ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

I think it's a “shining city on a hill” but your take is great, Oakville.  And for the record, Joe is repetitive every day!

Thanks ! I haven't watched the show in a while but I really noticed it in the past few days.

Joe left the show today during the FAA grounded plane segments.

Mika & Tom Costello took over.

• Like 2

It's been almost a quarter of a century since Joe's glory days in Congress.

He's like that kid you knew in high school who was a good (not great) athlete, but you see him at a reunion decades later and he is still convinced he could have been a pro player.

Oh, and Joe, the Republican Party (while technically correct) can no longer claim to be the party of Lincoln. Dude would be the poster child of "woke" RINOS today.

Edited by xaxat
  • Like 4
  • LOL 2
5 hours ago, oakville said:

The top story today is Joe complaining about TCU playing in the Bowl game & the Red Sox potentially losing 90 games this season.

Gadzooks...Georgia looks like it could take on the NFL.  wow!

As for the Red Sox...they lost their star shortstop.  Now their high-paid second baseman (and shortstop replacement), Trevor Story is injured and may be out for the entire season.  Agh!  They may chase the Atlanta SS free agent.  Hmm. 
DH DJ Martinez has landed with the Dodgers...and the Sox signed Justin Turner as DH. Corey Kluber Rays pitcher has also signed, but can he replace Nathan Evaldi?  And will Chris Sale ever pitch again?  😒

• Like 2
41 minutes ago, grommit2 said:

Gadzooks...Georgia looks like it could take on the NFL.  wow!

As for the Red Sox...they lost their star shortstop.  Now their high-paid second baseman (and shortstop replacement), Trevor Story is injured and may be out for the entire season.  Agh!  They may chase the Atlanta SS free agent.  Hmm. 
DH DJ Martinez has landed with the Dodgers...and the Sox signed Justin Turner as DH. Corey Kluber Rays pitcher has also signed, but can he replace Nathan Evaldi?  And will Chris Sale ever pitch again?  😒

I think Joe should have a segment where he interviews the Red Sox GM and ask him to improve the team. A few years ago, Mika & Joe did interviews with someone from the team at Fenway Park during the World Series.

• Applause 1