Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

I watched the first half-hour at 6:00; switched back at 7:50-something to see if the 8:00 hour would be live or rerun.  I think KYV was being discussed.  Then she chirped what the news at 8:00 would be; she made it seem like it would be live - does she do that all the time?  Anyway, I got a phone call so didn't get to watch.  Is the 8:00 hour STILL a rerun?  If so, how can the network and/or management tolerate this?  Rerunning part of a news program?  Will no one ever check them?  I cannot imagine CNN or Fox permitting this.

• Love 2

8:00 to 8:30 is always a rerun. 
Of course on the day of John Lewis' funeral, let's talk about Mika.  And her struggles.  Cake or Death? 

Thank God for Schitt's Creek on Netflix so I had something else and wasn't tempted to watch the Shit Show. 

Maybe Joe is mad he wasn't asked to deliver the eulogy or play a Beatles' song at the service.

• Love 3

There's just no reason to watch this show. All the news from the previous day has already been covered and dissected ad nauseum by the time they come on. They aren't clever enough or deep enough to add any more insight. Their guests, the same tired troop, have already chimed in on the night and day before's shows and this rehash is BORING. If MSNBC insists on keeping them, they should be reduced to a weekend show: an hour on Sat. or Sun., not both. Since the premise of the show is punditry and not breaking news, there just isn't enough to engage viewers. Thus, they roam off into KYV shallowness and reading op-eds. They are done, IMO.

• Love 7

Wow! Mika couldn't even be bothered to pretend to not be annoyed when Joe &  Willie spent a few minutes discussing baseball.  She cut in and said that she was done re-organizing her wallet and cleaning Bruce (her pig?).  She was shaking her head with a look of disgust on her face and then went to a commercial. Joe also spent the first 25 minutes of the show ranting about Louis Gomert and his refusal to wear a mask.  I guess he had to make up for not being there yesterday.  He went on talking for so long, I was beginning to think they didn't have any guests to discuss the subject with.  And again, Mika wears what looks like a pajama top under her black sweater.

• Love 4

Joe agreed to show up today. He made fun of Congressman Louis Golmert for getting Coronavirus. Mika sarcastically said she hopes he is ok.

Joe blamed Republicans for not wearing masks.

Joe is still wearing a blue jacket. I like his new tie. Willie is wearing the same blue tie with white spots.

Mika is wearing a black top over her pajamas.

• Love 4

That's what I thought, she looks like me when I take Buddy out in the morning. At least I have a grey teeshirt on and throw a hoodie over it if it's chilly. 

Also I'm walking a dog. Not hosting a fucking news show on a major cable network. 

• Love 5
(edited)

Idk I thought the show was quite good today. They seemed more awake somehow? Can't put my finger on it. And they let Rev Al and Kimberly Atkins get a word in, like they didn't  co-opt the entire John Lewis funeral for themselves. 

I like Mika's Lilly Pulitzer geometric top thingy. At least it shows some character and independent thought.Joe and Willie wore the exact same suit and tie!

Willie looked sexy. Joe looked like an overgrown toddler at his sister's first communion.

Edited by neona
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Shallow here. But a lot of days Joe looks like he has just rolled out of bed; even in The Blue Jacket. He doesn’t seem to spend a lot of his wardrobe money; if that is a perk.  And why is his hair so severe?

Meeka. I know people have commented on the tops peeking from behind The Shroud. The first thing I thought of this morning was she had on a colorful scrubs top underneath. I’ve seen some healthcare workers wearing them.

Sadly, the show is so stale that I usually tune out during a rant; and that is most of the show.  As someone stated above- most of the same guests saying the same things they said the day before. But I could never completely quit - this group is way too entertaining and informative.

• Love 4
(edited)
16 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Sadly, the show is so stale that I usually tune out during a rant; and that is most of the show.  As someone stated above- most of the same guests saying the same things they said the day before. But I could never completely quit - this group is way too entertaining and informative.

Joe was on a rant about 6:15 when I turned it on as I was waking up, and yelling about Trump  ending the Fair Housing Law.  Joe you do not need to yell.  You are on tv.  You aren't me talking to my friends about politics.  Act like a professional! 

People will take you much more seriously if you don't act like a raving lunatic.  Just ask Mika. 

Also Mika, if you have those cute Lily Pulitzer tops, which are very on brand for you, why cover it up with that drab black cardigan thing that, let's face it, Goodwill would probably reject as not worth the time to put a 50 cent price tag on and hang it on the "Make An Offer" rack. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 4

I guess we know Joe didn't spend his day off at Men's Wearhouse, or whatever male clothing store is still in business. That blue jacket has become his shroud.

Mika's sarcastic remark about Gomert was just a warm up to her tweet about Herman Caine. I can't believe she calls herself a woman of value when she was first out of the gate to almost gleefully point out his attendance at the "superspreader" event and his death. What a cold, heartless bitch. I am appalled at her behavior...and it looks like she's taking heat...3 hours later she is forced to cough up condolences. Absolutely shameful. She can post all the mommy and me selfies and kitten pictures she wants but we now know her true heart. Sickening.

• Love 4
(edited)
21 minutes ago, plumbago blues said:

Mika's sarcastic remark about Gomert was just a warm up to her tweet about Herman Caine. I can't believe she calls herself a woman of value when she was first out of the gate to almost gleefully point out his attendance at the "superspreader" event and his death. What a cold, heartless bitch. I am appalled at her behavior...and it looks like she's taking heat...3 hours later she is forced to cough up condolences. Absolutely shameful. She can post all the mommy and me selfies and kitten pictures she wants but we now know her true heart. Sickening.

Agree.   FFS Mika. 

Talk about people in private if you have to act like this!!!!!   And don't take pleasure in someone else's death.  She is such a juvenile brat. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, plumbago blues said:

I guess we know Joe didn't spend his day off at Men's Wearhouse, or whatever male clothing store is still in business. That blue jacket has become his shroud.

YMMV but personally I think she was absolutely right. Herman Caine's family deserves condolences but it is absolutely fair to point out that he himself, through his words and actions, have put numerous OTHER people in danger. His death should rightly serve as a warning to those who were duped by his selfish inconsiderate public statements and actions, whose deaths HE might have indirectly caused through his blatant lies. It is a tragedy, as every death is, but that's the truth. And she DID qualify her first tweet with condolences. It wasn't gleeful, it was absolutely fair, and absolutely necessary.

ETA: For those not already aware, Herman Cain was a SCIENTIST by training. He knew what he was talking about, and he chose to deliberately mislead, to risk other people's lives, for his own personal and political gain. That is inexcusable, and a monumental breach of trust. I feel bad for his family but there is absolutely nothing wrong with pointing this out on the public record, especially when people's lives might depend on it. 

Edited by neona
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9

. . . And the black sweater is front and center.  Shocker.  What will it take for someone to get through her thick skull that it's summer, the entire country is depressed, and maybe we'd like to see a white, blue, or pink top once in a while.  I know, this has nothing to do with politics . . . but it makes me NUTS!  Well, nuttier than usual. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Wow that was one long-ass unstructured rant with a medley of the Greatest Hits. I kept thinking he was wrapping up but no! there was more!

I wish this show was on in Primetime so we could at least turn it into a drinking game. Donald is a Democrat! He gave money to Hilary! He came on our show and talked about Putin killing journalists! One person coming in from China! The Republican party will lose! Women will stand in the rain! 

He's always been the rambling drunk at the end of the bar, but he used to be the funny, smart kind of rambling drunk not the pompous dull kind. Come on now.

Then the wonderful Marc Morial came on. That was a great segment. I love when they give guests space to breathe and talk freely. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

I am listening to Meeka chirpily reading Joe's editorial/rant.  She is reading it with the tone and enthusiasm I used to use when reading to classes in the school library.  Do we really need to hear the entire thing?  I sounded like her when I read Green Eggs and Ham, Make Way for Ducklings, A Pocket for Corduroy, etc.  When she is finished, want to bet it will take her a few minutes to get the sing-song out of her tone?  Been there.  But that was in front of elementary-school-aged kids.  I did like her top today, though.  What I could see of it. 

Edited by Kemper
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

I hate to break it to you Joe but Christopher Steele's report was not that fantastical. Apparently your sources aren't as tuned in as you think.  There are credible reports by people other than Steele who know Russia was always interested in finding someone in the US they could play, someone who was in debt, easily manipulated , etc. 

Maybe one of us should write an op ed outlining why Joe should not be allowed to write op eds. 

• Love 4

Joe continues to wear the same blue jacket. Mika is wearing a black sweater over a violet top.

Joe defended Barack Obama for speaking about the voting rights act during John Lewis's funeral.

Joe said he was a good friend of John Lewis.

Joe is mad at Trump for suggesting that the election be delayed.

• Love 3

Absentee voting, is mail in voting.  You can't vote on the day, so you get a ballot, you have to apply for it and meet the requirements, but you still "mail in" the ballot.  

Granted general mail in voting is offering it to every registered voter, but this is splitting hairs. 

The fact that mail in voting is starting 2 months early gives election officials time to get ballots counted. 

• Love 3

Joe said that Trump is loing NH by 13%. Joe sad Trump is doomed because he is always taking positions that 80% of people disagree with.

Joe bragged that he wrote an op ed in Feb 2016 saying that Trump would lead the GOP to ruin.

• Love 2

Joe said that Trump should stop trusting doctors that believe in Demon DNA.

Joe doesn't like demons.

Joe's rants always crack me up.

Joe said he was right about the Coronavirus. The doctors knew that it could be a serious epidemic.

Joe is demanding that Mitch McConnell go tell Trump to step down.

Joe's head is huge & takes up most of the screen.

Joe said Trump was wrong to hang around with Jeffrey Epstein.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

I sounded like her when I read Green Eggs and Ham, Make Way for Ducklings, A Pocket for Corduroy, etc.  When she is finished, want to bet it will take her a few minutes to get the sing-song out of her tone? 

Mika ALWAYS does that when she reads something by Joe, or talks about his shitty band's reviews.  It's a tone I like to call "Chirpy."

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Kemper said:

I am listening to Meeka chirpily reading Joe's editorial/rant.  She is reading it with the tone and enthusiasm I used to use when reading to classes in the school library.  Do we really need to hear the entire thing?

I actually caught this today and could not believe she read THE WHOLE THING. And it was ENDLESS. I imagined Joe standing in the corner of their basement, arms folded, eyes closed, head tilted back, and reciting his words silently as she read them and whispering, "Soooo good...soooo good," afterwards. 

1 hour ago, Giant Misfit said:

I actually caught this today and could not believe she read THE WHOLE THING. And it was ENDLESS. I imagined Joe standing in the corner of their basement, arms folded, eyes closed, head tilted back, and reciting his words silently as she read them and whispering, "Soooo good...soooo good," afterwards. 

Joe's reaction when he realizes Giant Misfit knows exactly what he's doing:

giphy.gif

• LOL 5

Reading Joe's op ed is how Mika gets out of sexy times with Joe. 

"You can have one or the other. I read the op ed, or the other. Not both". 

1 hour ago, Giant Misfit said:

actually caught this today and could not believe she read THE WHOLE THING. And it was ENDLESS.

Energy Vampire: 

It's not just a made up thing on What We Do In The Shadows. It's real. 

Read this and tell me it doesn't describe Mika to a T

https://www.healthline.com/health/mental-health/energy-vampires#martyr

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I think it was someone on here who kindly taught me how to read ratings on www.showbuzzdaily.com - if I'm reading this weeks ratings correctly from Morning Joe their best performing show was the one on Wednesday, that Willie and Mika hosted by themselves, with Joe off. 

I don't understand why MSNBC, Phil Griffin, Cesar Conde, etc are ironically choosing *this* moment in history to push the Apotheosis of Joe, turning what used to be a fairly well-balanced show hosted by a male and a female anchor, both engaging with a variety of interesting guests, into a one-man show, placing the female anchor in some other location (i think? idk, I've lost track of their weird arrangement) and letting the male anchor do endless sermons, pretty much mansplaining fairly obvious things to a fairly intelligent audience who already know what he's going to say, because he's said it a thousand times already.

And then, in the same show, having the female host read out, verbatim, an entire op-ed that itself is basically verbatim exactly what he's already said on the show - which in practice means it's the same content recycled THREE TIMES - to an audience who already know all of this because as politics goes we're a postgrad audience not a freaking high school audience.

And I *like* Joe - but he needs a check on his ego, and that's always been the case. When he's modulated a bit and forced to engage with Mika, Willie and other humans, he can be charming, funny, smart and even self-deprecating. When he's indulged with demi-god status, all blown-up and ranting by himself in widescreen, he's pompous and tedious.  

• Love 4
2 hours ago, neona said:

I think it was someone on here who kindly taught me how to read ratings on www.showbuzzdaily.com - if I'm reading this weeks ratings correctly from Morning Joe their best performing show was the one on Wednesday, that Willie and Mika hosted by themselves, with Joe off. 

I don't understand why MSNBC, Phil Griffin, Cesar Conde, etc are ironically choosing *this* moment in history to push the Apotheosis of Joe, turning what used to be a fairly well-balanced show hosted by a male and a female anchor, both engaging with a variety of interesting guests, into a one-man show, placing the female anchor in some other location (i think? idk, I've lost track of their weird arrangement) and letting the male anchor do endless sermons, pretty much mansplaining fairly obvious things to a fairly intelligent audience who already know what he's going to say, because he's said it a thousand times already.

And then, in the same show, having the female host read out, verbatim, an entire op-ed that itself is basically verbatim exactly what he's already said on the show - which in practice means it's the same content recycled THREE TIMES - to an audience who already know all of this because as politics goes we're a postgrad audience not a freaking high school audience.

And I *like* Joe - but he needs a check on his ego, and that's always been the case. When he's modulated a bit and forced to engage with Mika, Willie and other humans, he can be charming, funny, smart and even self-deprecating. When he's indulged with demi-god status, all blown-up and ranting by himself in widescreen, he's pompous and tedious.  

The show became successful during the 2008 primaries & election by allowing guests from both political parties to come on the show & discuss issues.

Mika & Joe no longer allow guests on the show that disagree with them. Is Joe afraid to debate Republicans?

The show barely had any guests that supported Bernie Sanders during the primaries.

Joe doesn't even bother to stay for interviews with Democrat Senators that he doesn't like.

The other mistake the show made is that they no longer cover economics,lifestyle or any non political stories. The show used to have Erin Burnett, & Andrew Ross Sorkin on long segments of the show.

Mika's women power segments that aired from  8 30 - 9 am am no longer exist. Joe used to produce the segment & give advice to Mika on how to discuss women's issues.

I remember when they would have segments about parenting teens or discussing the success of Warby Parker glasses.

• Love 5
On 7/30/2020 at 3:48 PM, plumbago blues said:

I never take pleasure in somebody's death but there is something to be said about tempting fate. Herman Caine was tweeting conspiracy theories,  throwing shade on people who want to wear masks, mocked the deadly disease that is killing people, especially people who look like him. Herman knows that Black people are dying at a higher rate than White people.  Being an elderly Black man who was a cancer survivor put him at risk in catching the deadly virus and not surviving. My heart goes out to his family and I hope they find peace..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 9
On 7/30/2020 at 12:48 PM, plumbago blues said:

To be fair though, I saw a lot of other news/political people posting similar stuff on Twitter. I realize that this is a forum to comment on Mika, but I just wanted to point out that this was not something limited to Mika. Also, Joe took the better approach of just posting condolences. 

• Love 4

There was a segment on Friday's show where Joe bragged to Susan Del Percio & Michael Steele about his successful election campaigns while he was in Congress. Joe said he didn't have to "dial for dollars" to get financing like his opponents because he had so much grassroots support throughout the district.

Joe focused on calling absentee ballot  voters to get their support. The voters were very excited to hear from Joe & many of them that were loyal Democrats ended up voting for Joe because he cared to call them.

Joe, Michael Steele & Susan said that the GOP benefits from absentee ballots, so Trump's strategy is wrong.

• Love 3

I checked out the show today specifically to see how Mika would butcher the name "Isaias".

She took the day off. Coincidence?

I see that Joe is still doing shtick he came up with months ago. "He said it would disappear. It was only fifteen people and soon be none. Summer would. . . "

Joe and Mika clearly believe that they are the reason people tune in. And the pre-pandemic start of remote hosting allowed them to dominate the show in a way they couldn't when they were in the studio. And now that everyone is remote, it's only gotten worse. Joe doesn't even ask questions any more. He editorializes for two minutes and then just blurts out "Johnathon!" or "Kacie!"

This show used to be a lot better. I don't think it's salvageable. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

The show sucks but it's even worse when they're both on. 

Minus Joe's lunatic rants, what I saw today wasn't half bad. Unfortunately I flipped around on a commercial break and "The Post" was on FX so I watched it instead, because it's about actual journalists. 

And I guarantee if Kay Graham and Ben Bradlee were still there, Joe's love letters to himself would never see the light of day. 

If Mika had been there when Joe & Jonathan started talking about REM albums her head would have exploded. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 8

This show used to be a lot better. I don't think it's salvageable. 

Not if Pres. Trump wins again--then 4 more years of this MJ drek.  It would be interesting to see what they will talk about if Biden wins!  Nothing to rant about-- 2 of the 3 hours will probably be one of those old 1960s looking graphics that used to be on the TV when they were no longer broadcasting

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

Not if Pres. Trump wins again--then 4 more years of this drek.  It would/will be interesting to see what they will talk about if Biden wins!  Nothing to rant about-- 2 of the 3 hours will probably be one of those old 1960s looking graphics that used to be on the TV when they were no longer broadcasting

The deficit. If Biden wins, Joe will become a huge deficit hawk. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

I only watched the first five minutes.  I just couldn't with Joe today.  It seems like he has stopped doing impressions, but now he is very dour/prissy acting.

Jonathan Lemire was yawning and fixing his hair when he didn't realize he was on camera.  I feel like he would jump ship if he could get a contributor gig at a normal hour.

On 7/31/2020 at 5:36 PM, neona said:

The showbuzzdaily site is interesting.  I saw that Joe and Mika were generally ranked in the 70-80 range for cable programs last week.  I am not sure whether that is lower than usual for them.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, teddysmom said:

The show sucks but it's even worse when they're both on. 

Minus Joe's lunatic rants, what I saw today wasn't half bad. Unfortunately I flipped around on a commercial break and "The Post" was on FX so I watched it instead, because it's about actual journalists. 

And I guarantee if Kay Graham and Ben Bradlee were still there, Joe's love letters to himself would never see the light of day. 

If Mika had been there when Joe & Jonathan started talking about REM albums her head would have exploded. 

Haven't watched in awhile, but that would have been something I actually would have liked to have listened to having been an R.E.M. fan since 1983.

• Love 6
46 minutes ago, nittanycougar said:

The showbuzzdaily site is interesting.  I saw that Joe and Mika were generally ranked in the 70-80 range for cable programs last week.  I am not sure whether that is lower than usual for them.

The show used to get about 500K viewers about 10 years ago. Cable news ratings have increased this year to the virus, more people working from home  & the Trump Presidency/election year news. Joe is correct that Morning Joe is attracting record ratings for total viewers, but in the key rating group it was as high as .12 . It is now .08 .

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I wonder if Joe is miffed that his fellow ex-Republicans at the Lincoln Project get so much more press than he does for directly trolling the president. Of course, the Lincoln Project does is so much better than Joe.

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, xaxat said:

I wonder if Joe is miffed that his fellow ex-Republicans at the Lincoln Project get so much more press than he does for directly trolling the president. Of course, the Lincoln Project does is so much better than Joe.

That's exactly the thing - the Lincoln Project put out new, interesting content/ads every few days. There's a hundred, a thousand, different, funny, poignant ways for a smart person to do this trolling, because there's such a wealth of material. Doing the exact same speech every day is just lazy, and insulting to an intelligent audience from whom you already receive so much goodwill.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, neona said:

That's exactly the thing - the Lincoln Project put out new, interesting content/ads every few days. There's a hundred, a thousand, different, funny, poignant ways for a smart person to do this trolling, because there's such a wealth of material. Doing the exact same speech every day is just lazy, and insulting to an intelligent audience from whom you already receive so much goodwill.

True, but why don't viewers recognize that Joe said he was one of the most successful politicians in Congress from 1994-2001.

Joe convinced President Clinton & House Speaker Gingrich to balance the budget.

Joe was considered to be the moral conscience of the House of Representatives  when he voted to impeach President Clinton.

Joe was asked by many Republicans to run for a Senate seat in Florida, but Joe felt bad that other candidates would be embarrassed by low vote scores if they ran against him, so Joe declined to run to protect their reputations.

Joe's district in Pensacola provided the margin of victory necessary for George W Bush to become the 43rd President of the USA. There were interviews on tv at the time with his constituents at the time who said that they trusted Joe's endorsement of George W Bush as reason to vote for him.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe's district in Pensacola provided the margin of victory necessary for George W Bush to become the 43rd President of the USA. There were interviews on tv at the time with his constituents at the time who said that they trusted Joe's endorsement of George W Bush as reason to vote for him.

Wait, is this real? I can't tell (and that's exactly why your posts are so damn funny) buuut... man. I wonder what it's like to spend most of the 21st century promoting a disaster, then speaking out against it to rectify your own mistakes, then promoting another disaster, then speaking out against it to rectify your own mistakes, then... OK you get the point. I concede there are nuances here, and nothing is black and white, but good lord.

In some ways Joe's personal evolution is interesting and even inspiring. At least he's not as intransigent as others have been. But in many other ways, it's much, much, too slow.

Like many, he gets credit for saying what others have said from the beginning, much, much too late. It's almost like the whole world think it means more when it comes, four years too late, from a white dude who's changed his mind, rather than from some other person who was right all along. Even Mika's analysis is usually more on-point: it lacks depth but it's usually, um, pretty accurate. "This is really bad, he's not well", though simply phrased, is a whole lot more accurate than "he'll pivot, eventually, once he recognizes the political risks".

No he didn't. And yeah, it's bad.

Edited by neona
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, neona said:

Wait, is this real? I can't tell (and that's exactly why your posts are so damn funny) buuut... man. I wonder what it's like to spend most of the 21st century promoting a disaster, then speaking out against it to rectify your own mistakes, then promoting another disaster, then speaking out against it to rectify your own mistakes, then... OK you get the point. I concede there are nuances here, and nothing is black and white, but good lord.

In some ways Joe's personal evolution is interesting and even inspiring. At least he's not as intransigent as others have been. But in many other ways, it's much, much, too slow.

Joe represented the first congressional district of Florida which includes the counties of Escambia, Okaloosa, Santa Rosa, Walton & most of Holmes.

Bush's margins in the election were as follows:

Escambia +32,181

Okaloosa + 35,197

Santa Rosa + 23,521

Walton + 6, 543

Holmes + 2, 835

The total margin of victory was + 100, 277 for George W Bush in Joe's district . Joe won the district by +225, 000. The Democrats did not field a candidate against Joe given his popularity.

George W Bush won the state of Florida by 538 votes. Al Gore would be President without Joe's district.

It's shocking that Joe wasn't appointed to the cabinet based on his support for George W Bush.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2000_United_States_presidential_election_in_Florida#Results_by_county

1 hour ago, neona said:

Like many, he gets credit for saying what others have said from the beginning, much, much too late. It's almost like the whole world think it means more when it comes, four years too late, from a white dude who's changed his mind, rather than from some other person who was right all along. Even Mika's analysis is usually more on-point: it lacks depth but it's usually, um, pretty accurate. "This is really bad, he's not well", though simply phrased, is a whole lot more accurate than "he'll pivot, eventually, once he recognizes the political risks".

No he didn't. And yeah, it's bad.

Joe's congressional district had the strongest margin in favor of George W Bush in the entire state.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2000_United_States_presidential_election_in_Florida#By_congressional_district

Edited by oakville
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Isn't Joe's district the panhandle?  Has any Dem ever won up there? It's not that big a deal for Joe & Bush to win in that area.  We have areas in suburbs north of Indpls that Dems don't run in.  Joe acts like his winning there is some huge accomplishment.  All he had to do was put his name on the ballot. It's was pretty much a given. 

Boy he's just peeing his pants with glee re Trump "obsessing" over the show.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
18 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Isn't Joe's district the panhandle?  Has any Dem ever won up there? It's not that big a deal for Joe & Bush to win in that area.  We have areas in suburbs north of Indpls that Dems don't run in.  Joe acts like his winning there is some huge accomplishment.  All he had to do was put his name on the ballot. It's was pretty much a given. 

Boy he's just peeing his pants with glee re Trump "obsessing" over the show.  

I think a Conservative Democrat held the district before Joe but he retired . Joe said his opponent was afraid to face him but I don't think that is true.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earl_Hutto

Edited by oakville
  • Love 3