Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

Donnie said the polls are underestimating Trump's support. Heidi said she was from Michigan.

She believes Democrats will show up in 2020 & Trump voters will be demoralized.

• Love 6
On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 8:06 AM, oakville said:

Donnie said Democrats will accept Biden flip flopping on all issues.

No they will not.  He's Everyman Joe now but based on his track record on what to expect he has a limited candidate lifespan because he is also Old White Dude who doesn't see his behavior as being a problem and it is.  Folks are not only weary but visceral in terms of finding someone that has true strength, intelligence and fortitude that isn't based in the 50's.  I love Joe Biden but he's not the guy.

• Love 5
(edited)
8 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

No they will not.  He's Everyman Joe now but based on his track record on what to expect he has a limited candidate lifespan because he is also Old White Dude who doesn't see his behavior as being a problem and it is.  Folks are not only weary but visceral in terms of finding someone that has true strength, intelligence and fortitude that isn't based in the 50's.  I love Joe Biden but he's not the guy

😐

Edited by stormy
(edited)
12 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

No they will not.  He's Everyman Joe now but based on his track record on what to expect he has a limited candidate lifespan because he is also Old White Dude who doesn't see his behavior as being a problem and it is.  Folks are not only weary but visceral in terms of finding someone that has true strength, intelligence and fortitude that isn't based in the 50's.  I love Joe Biden but he's not the guy.

Gotta disagree here.  In this particular case, I do think it'll take this particular Old White Dude to beat the Old White Dude who's currently in office.   I'm younger and darker than Biden but I see nothing wrong with having an older white candidate who can beat Trump. 

So that's why I think Donnie is correct about Democrats accepting Biden flip flopping on issues.   

Edited by Ohwell
  • Love 6
19 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Gotta disagree here.  In this particular case, I do think it'll take this particular Old White Dude to beat the Old White Dude who's currently in office.   I'm younger and darker than Biden but I see nothing wrong with having an older white candidate who can beat Trump. 

So that's why I think Donnie is correct about Democrats accepting Biden flip flopping on issues.   

Oh goodness I am so glad that they just showed that clip of Kornacki chasing around a Biden representative about his stand on different abortion issues and she flat out refused to answer.  Why I have concerns about him is because historically he is very stubborn.  He was very clear he wanted to keep Hyde and let one of his managers boisterously defend him on CNN only to have the rug pulled out from under him 12 hours later as suddenly he's on board with getting rid of it.  Joe has always been his own worst enemy in previous campaigns and I don't see any improvement this time around.  I apologize for using the Old White Dude moniker but since I am an Old White Dudette I have been around guys like this my whole life and it's very tough to get them to listen/understand how they could possibly be wrong.  They don't mean any harm but they just don't understand why you have a problem with whatever the topic du jour is.  I truly hope I didn't offend anyone.

• Love 5

Monday Recap. Mika & Joe are back in Florida. The new polls show Joe Biden's lead shrinking. Elizabeth Warren is in 3rd place close to Bernie Sanders. Mayor Pete is a close 4th. Joe is happy that Sanders is losing ground.

Lemire said Warren has a plan for everything and is popular with women.

Joe was very modest in not accepting responsibility for Warren's rise in the polls.

Joe said that the recent restrictions on abortion are causing a backlash. Support for pro choice is growing.

Joe used to say there was a strong pro life movement in the USA but there is a backlash to what is happening in the South.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Did we all just watch Mika read "Cruelty Is The Point" by David French?  Holy awkward mispronunciation, Batman.  Sheesh.   But, it did spur a great conversation and that young vet who cam on to talk about his book was great.
Biden's not a point-of-the-spear ideologue.  Good.  He's an elected official representing the majority's concerns. 

• Love 3

Mika's making the "I just smelled a fart" face because people in Congress haven't read the Mueller report and she's acting like the churchlady about it. My question is "Has she (or anyone on the Morning Joe panel) read it?"

Yeah. I thought not.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, The Solution said:

Has she (or anyone on the Morning Joe panel) read it?"

Yeah. I thought not.

I doubt Mika has read her OWN books, let alone a 400 page report where she is not mentioned. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, teddysmom said:

I doubt Mika has read her OWN books, let alone a 400 page report where she is not mentioned. 

Oh come on, you’re not giving her enough credit. She’d also read it if there was a footnote or two about Zbig. 😉

• LOL 3
(edited)

My question is "Has she (or anyone on the Morning Joe panel) read it?"

Yeah. I thought not.

The Mueller report is now Popular Culture, and thus it is be treated with the same level of disdain as that upstart Star Wars movie...

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Landsnark said:

But, it did spur a great conversation and that young vet who cam on to talk about his book was great

Unfortunately I didn't see that complete interview, but what I did see was pretty compelling. Being ask by a child " Did you kill anybody?", must be tough on returning soldiers who want to put the war memories behind them.

4 hours ago, XOQueens said:

Oh come on, you’re not giving her enough credit. She’d also read it if there was a footnote or two about Zbig. 😉

And don't forget flipping through looking for her pictures . . . 😀

• Love 1
4 hours ago, PennyPie18 said:

Unfortunately I didn't see that complete interview, but what I did see was pretty compelling. Being ask by a child " Did you kill anybody?", must be tough on returning soldiers who want to put the war memories behind them.

He broke my heart today.  I was so glad that what I did see of his interview those two didn't interfere and let him speak.

• Love 1
(edited)
11 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

Context please!  I missed it

Elise said trump lives in an alternate universe where he is the only one that can see and hear the voices in his head. (basically)

This morning was not the first time Eugene Robinson blew the Democrats, knock it off horn.   You're never going to be president when you're polling zero in Iowa today. Get a hold of the Senate!

I agree. I wish they would read his current op ed and take his advice.  I'd add Stacy Abrams to the list.

Edited by stormy
  • Love 6

Heileman and Scarborough can't figure out why Democrats fear Trump will win again because all his numbers are historically low.

Oh I don't know, could it be that he welcomed Russian interference/assistance in 2016 and has done NOTHING to prevent it from happening again?  

3 minutes ago, stormy said:

Elise said trump lives in an alternate universe where he is the only one that can see and hear the voices in his head. (basically)

This morning was not the first time Eugene Robinson blew the Democrats, knock it off horn.   You're never going to be president when you're polling zero in Iowa today. Get a hold of the Senate!

I agree. I wish they would read his current op ed and take his advice.  I'd add Stacy Abrams to the list.

He is right.   There appears to be no plan or discipline within the Democrat ranks.

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

Context please!  I missed it

Landsnark  Stormy and Millennium have ably summed up what Elise said but I also thought I heard her say enough with everyone chasing/dissecting everything the president says as he is what he is and isn't going to change.

For those that missed the Colbert clip, here it is:

https://www.mediaite.com/entertainment/colbert-cold-open-wonders-what-other-tv-shows-trump-has-called-to-vent-frustrations/

• Love 2

Oh my God.  I cannot believe MSNBC is allowing her to push her KYV complete with her personal Instagram videos of her running/working out/watching Joe on his scooter.  Holy crap.

This show has seriously hit a wall.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Adding to Elise's comments.

It was during a discussion about the Mexican FM saying Mexico had not made or signed any secret deals as trump claimed.

17 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Oh my God.  I cannot believe MSNBC is allowing her to push her KYV complete with her personal Instagram videos of her running/working out/watching Joe on his scooter.  Holy crap.

This show has seriously hit a wall

I am rapidly loosing respect for MSNBC

• Love 7

I liked Mika's black top with white collar.

Joe said that there was a backlash against the pro life movement with the new laws closing clinics.

Joe said the incrementalism measures by the pro life governors is falling apart.

Joe said he was happy that the Supreme Court agreed with him on gun silencer restrictions.

Joe is opposed to allowing people to own AR 15s in Connecticut.

Joe is mad at the NRA for collecting dues and wasting money on Italian Suits.

Joe is upset at Elaine Chao for funnelling money to transportation projects in Kentucky.

She is married to Mitch McConnell

• Love 2

I am really enjoying the discussion about the book "Songs of America"  written by Jon Meacham and Tim McGraw.. One of the best features of this show is the book discussions. This one is more in depth without the usual interruptions. They actually got to talk!

• Love 2

So they are live a whopping 10 minutes this last hour?  Gee I wonder what they do for the other 50 minutes.  Wouldn't you just die if they came back on camera with their shirts on inside out?

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Joe is advocating that candidates running for the Democratic nomination with less than 2% should run for Senate .He agreed with Eugene Robinson.

Joe should invite them on the show and ask them to switch their focus to Senate races. As an incentive, Joe & Mika could agree to appear in studio for their interviews.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, millennium said:

Oh I don't know, could it be that he welcomed Russian interference/assistance in 2016...

...And Republican voter suppression. Plus you don't need the most votes to win, just a few more votes in the right places. 

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

So they are live a whopping 10 minutes this last hour?  Gee I wonder what they do for the other 50 minutes.  Wouldn't you just die if they came back on camera with their shirts on inside out?

IIRC Mika & Joe used to share a dressing room in the NYC studio.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, oakville said:

collecting dues and wasting money on Italian Suits

14 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

Joe is mad at the NRA for collecting dues and wasting money on Italian Suits.

This is a great line, oakville. It's like Absurdist Literature.

Fish heads don't collect dues and waste money on Italian suits.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

I saw the Colbert piece on First Look.  It was very funny, but just like JoMika, and a lot of the shows, he focuses so much on Trump I just can't take it all the time. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, oakville said:

Joe is advocating that candidates running for the Democratic nomination with less than 2% should run for Senate .He agreed with Eugene Robinson.

Joe should invite them on the show and ask them to switch their focus to Senate races. As an incentive, Joe & Mika could agree to appear in studio for their interviews.

I wish Joe and the fellow panelists that fancy themselves political geniuses would quit their day jobs and support the Democratic candidate they think can win.

Put your money where your mouth is. Offer to be a campaign chairman. Sitting around a table (well not Joe) and pontificating and playing Monday morning quarterback is counter productive. And a waste of time

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, stormy said:

I wish Joe and the fellow panelists that fancy themselves political geniuses would quit their day jobs and support the Democratic candidate they think can win.

Put your money where your mouth is. Offer to be a campaign chairman. Sitting around a table (well not Joe) and pontificating and playing Monday morning quarterback is counter productive. And a waste of time

I think they make too much money as pundits to quit and join a campaign. It's a cushy job where you aren't held accountable for results.

I think Steve Schmidt left MSNBC to work on the Howard Schultz campaign

• Love 1
2 hours ago, teddysmom said:

I saw the Colbert piece on First Look.  It was very funny, but just like JoMika, and a lot of the shows, he focuses so much on Trump I just can't take it all the time. 

Agreed and that's why this piece was a nice surprise as it was just funny and not as heavy as he can get.

• Love 3

I saw the Colbert clip this morning and genuinely thought (until they showed the Criminal Minds part) that Trump had called in to Andy Cohen's show. I knew he'd called CNBC yesterday and I wasn't listening very closely. Plus, the reactions of Cohen's guests seemed about right for a Trump call.

I don't know whether to feel embarrassed or to just shrug that this is the state of the world we live in.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, stormy said:

And a waste of time

That's why I watch as little as possible when they're on. I can't imagine any candidate who would put up with Joe Scarborough for five minutes. 

• LOL 1
3 hours ago, madfortv said:

One of the best features of this show is the book discussions. This one is more in depth without the usual interruptions. They actually got to talk!

This is the main reason I, also, watch this show.There have been many interesting authors discussing their books. I agree with Eugene Robinson......get that Senate back, the candidates field is too crowded! I stepped out of the room for a minute, and upon returning saw JoMeeka on a scooter with Meeks making faces behind Joe! What exactly was that???? I missed the very beginning.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, oakville said:

I think they make too much money as pundits to quit and join a campaign. It's a cushy job where you aren't held accountable for results.

I think Steve Schmidt left MSNBC to work on the Howard Schultz campaign

Yes he did and since then I've only seen him once. On Nicolle Wallace's show.

Howard Schultz will presumably not run for president after all. Maybe Steve will be back?

Edited by stormy
5 hours ago, teddysmom said:

That's why I watch as little as possible when they're on. I can't imagine any candidate who would put up with Joe Scarborough for five minutes. 

Mika was very giddy today about going to Miami for the debates. They rarely venture out of their Jupiter Bunker so the network has to offer them incentives for them to appear outside the bunker.

Some possible incentives are :

Allowing  Joe's band to perform before the debates on MSNBC to warm up the crowd.

Allow Mika should provide a KYV pep talk to the female candidates .

I wonder if Mika will be allowed to moderate part of the debate ?. It could help her sell more books.

This is a major coup for the network to get MSNBC's power couple to be part of the debates:)

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

Mika was awol during the opening of the show. Joe's seat in the studio was moved closer to the camera. His head dwarfed the screen.

New polls.

Biden 30 -5

Sanders 19 +3

Warren 15 +2

Pete  8 +3

Kamala  7 -1

Beto  3  +1

Steve Kornacki said that Biden gave a boring speech in Iowa and looked at his notes yesterday. He was friendlier in the second event.

Joe said that Warren was getting more vote from Sanders campaign.

Joe wants Biden to stay on script.

Joe said polls are very important. It will affect fundraising for candidates at 1%.

Joe forgot that a few weeks ago he declared that Biden would sweep to victory.

Steve said that Harris could slingshot from Iowa to South Carolina.

Another poll shows that everyone would beat Trump in a General Election. Trump only has 41% support.

Joe bragged that he was right about the mid terms. He predicted that Democrats would win seats.

Joe is the Nostradamus of our time. His predictions are always right.

Joe did not like Trump's inauguration speech. Joe is furious that Trump did not seek his advice on writing his speeches.

Joe said that Trump had hidden support .

Mika showed up to praise Joe for his latest column in the Washington Post.

Joe wants everyone to stick to the script. Biden has to do the same. Mika hates Trump.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

There is much more to the Elaine Chao story than Mika & Susan Page let on. She used her influence as Labor Secretary to set up meetings for her father's company with Chinese gov't, she was supposed to divest all interest in Vulcan, the asphalt contractor the federal gov't uses, which she didn't do, and she's cutting funding to US shipping companies while promoting her father's shipping company. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/02/us/politics/elaine-chao-china.html

This makes Tom Price & Ryan Zinke look like amateurs. 

Savannah Guthrie, Rachel Maddow, and Chuck Todd are moderating debates along with Lester Holt so I don't know where JoMika fits in this scenario.  Unless they just wanted a free trip to Miami. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
(edited)

Joe discussed the poll numbers for Waxy Yellow Buildup (which is beating Trump handily) much to Mika's displeasure.  She says Waxy Yellow Buildup is inappropriate morning talk.  Doesn't she know Waxy Yellow Buildup's value?

Edited by Tom Holmberg
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3