Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

The fication on polls is silly considering how wrong they were in 2016. Using a National Poll to forecast a 50 state Electoral College doesn't work. 

I remember that much of the pre-election was spent in pearl clutching about how the Republican party was kaput, this is the death knell for them, they have no place and no way to get back in power.  I distinctly remember this because I was cheering and happy every time they said it.  Now its the same spiel with the Dems.  You know what, when I was a kid TV stations had to fill up like 3-4 hours a day with newscasts.  Now it's 24 hours, and they can't just have blank screens.  It's all impossible and pretty much worthless.

Oakville, I'm glad you are no longer in the Hilton, Marriott, Holiday Inn or wherever....

• Love 3

Pence sold his soul to the devil. He's damaged goods.

Pence IS the devil.  He just teamed up with a con artist thinking he'd be able to push his theological agenda.  I'm from Indiana and believe me, even our Republican majority legislature disliked him constantly stirring up shit that made the party look like bigger assholes than they were.   Kind of like how Congress views Trump now.  Try reining into Pastor Pence's ideas if he gets into the Oval Office. 

1 hour ago, oakville said:

Why not discuss North Korea? Policies to fix Obamacare?

Unless something HUGE breaks in Mueller's investigation, I think people are going to start tuning out if it's just hours and hours of "hey look at the dumbass shit Trump did today".   JoMika can still bash Trump's administration by discussing what Pruitt, Price & Sessions are doing to dismantle civil rights, EPA, healthcare.  

How about discussing that Trump wants to overturn the regulations that nursing home residents can sue if they are being abused? 

• Love 8
41 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

I remember that much of the pre-election was spent in pearl clutching about how the Republican party was kaput, this is the death knell for them, they have no place and no way to get back in power.  I distinctly remember this because I was cheering and happy every time they said it.  Now its the same spiel with the Dems.  You know what, when I was a kid TV stations had to fill up like 3-4 hours a day with newscasts.  Now it's 24 hours, and they can't just have blank screens.  It's all impossible and pretty much worthless.

Oakville, I'm glad you are no longer in the Hilton, Marriott, Holiday Inn or wherever....

Thanks. I was at a Marriott. The only news channel was CNN. 

Morning Joe used to cover different topics & had a variety of guests. They even used to have Mika's girl power segments during the last 30 minutes.

Focusing 1 hour on a hypothetical GOP race in 2020 & 2024

• Love 1

I "loved" how they brought up that Democrats have to win local and state races, including governorships -- which is true -- and then mentioned New Jersey and Virginia's governorships, since they are being held this November. And the way it was referenced was like Democrats had never won those states. Of the last four governors of Virginia -- including the one currently in office -- three of them were Democrats. The only Republican -- Bob McDonnell -- was tried for corruption. In New Jersey, of the last three governors, two were Democrats. Unfortunately, all of New Jersey's recent governors -- including the current one -- have had one ethical cloud or another over them. But the point is in recent history Dems have won these races more than lost, but stating that fact wouldn't have fit the narrative Joe was going for this morning, I guess.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Nidratime said:

I "loved" how they brought up that Democrats have to win local and state races, including governorships -- which is true -- and then mentioned New Jersey and Virginia's governorships, since they are being held this November. And the way it was referenced was like Democrats had never won those states. Of the last four governors of Virginia -- including the one currently in office -- three of them were Democrats. The only Republican -- Bob McDonnell -- was tried for corruption. In New Jersey, of the last three governors, two were Democrats. Unfortunately, all of New Jersey's recent governors -- including the current one -- have had one ethical cloud or another over them. But the point is in recent history Dems have won these races more than lost, but stating that fact wouldn't have fit the narrative Joe was going for this morning, I guess.

Joe should also remind viewers that Corzine & Christie & MCConnell were all very friendly with Mika & Joe. Their political careers have all ended with scandal. I would be weary of appearing on The show if I was running for Governor of NJ & Virginia

• Love 1

I think people are going to start tuning out if it's just hours and hours of "hey look at the dumbass shit Trump did today".

Yeah years ago I would switch between this show and Fox and Friends just to see what the lunatic moron fringe was saying about Obama. (It was particularly fun back in the day to watch Elisabeth Hasselbeck be irate about something but incapable of speaking in coherent sentences.)  It would be a shame if this show just evolved into a Fox and Friends for liberals. Not stupid, but just harping on points that most of their viewers already accept.

The stacked map that the Dems face in 2018 was disheartening esp in light of Michael Moore's cogent comment last week that the Dems have won the popular vote 6 of the 7 last elections. (We are, as a whole, a slightly left of center country.) Given that, fact the lopsided advantage that the GOP has in Congress just shows how important STATE legislatures - which draw Congressional districts - are. Jane Mayer's great book Dark Money discusses how the Kochs noticed this decades ago and have been working this angle quietly but successfully, while the stupid DNC twiddled their thumbs and thought local politics was beneath them.

Harold Ford still always manages to stun me with his stupidity. Today he made some snarky comment about the Dems "running on a climate change platform." This, after they had a NYT reporter on to discuss the "Better Deal" platform - which is an *economic* platform, lame and wimpy as it may be. (And interestingly enough the NYT reporter pointed out that climate change can be considered an economic issue.)

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Mumbles said:

Congress just shows how important STATE legislatures - which draw Congressional districts - are. Jane Mayer's great book Dark Money discusses how the Kochs noticed this decades ago and have been working this angle quietly but successfully, while the stupid DNC twiddled their thumbs and thought local politics was beneath them.

I don't want to veer off topic here, but I do want to mention that for the last few years, California has had a bi-partisan commission that determines congressional districts. This was voted on in a state voter proposition, so I don't know why other states cannot do the same.

The results seem to have been positive. The immediate area that I live in would tend to vote Republican, and I was always in a Republican district, but now my Congressman is a Democrat.

See link below

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_Citizens_Redistricting_Commission

Edited by cased
Added link to provide more details
  • Love 3

There was an interview with a reporter who researched the 2010 elections, which led to Republicans taking enough key legislatures to dominate the redistricting in this decade.

It was on NPR Fresh Air.

The depressing thing is that it took a few millions spent on like a dozen state legislature seats in key states.  The Democrats were asleep at the wheel while this was going on.

There are several states where the Democrats have been getting more total votes in congressional races but the state delegation ends up being lopsidedly Republican because of gerrymandering.

Democrats can almost fundraise as well as Republicans in the big races, like the presidency and key Senate and gubernatorial races.  But they just can't compete with Koch money in these lower-profile contests.

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, scrb said:

There was an interview with a reporter who researched the 2010 elections, which led to Republicans taking enough key legislatures to dominate the redistricting in this decade.

It was on NPR Fresh Air.

The depressing thing is that it took a few millions spent on like a dozen state legislature seats in key states.  The Democrats were asleep at the wheel while this was going on.

There are several states where the Democrats have been getting more total votes in congressional races but the state delegation ends up being lopsidedly Republican because of gerrymandering.

Democrats can almost fundraise as well as Republicans in the big races, like the presidency and key Senate and gubernatorial races.  But they just can't compete with Koch money in these lower-profile contests.

As stated above, California has solved this problem. Other states should be able to do the same.

• Love 1

The fication on polls is silly considering how wrong they were in 2016. Using a National Poll to forecast a 50 state Electoral College doesn't work. 

Agree. Joe is obsessed with poll numbers.  Almost an hour and a half of today's show was spent dissecting meaningless poll numbers.   There is so much else going on in the news but polls are always the top story.    Balance would be nice.

• Love 3

Lots of dire talk about the madman with nuclear weapons, and Kim Jung Un.

Surprised no one is broaching the obvious -- that Trump's "fire and fury" sound byte was a ploy to divert from Russia and possibly elevate his plummeting poll numbers.   More like "Reichstag Fire and fury."

• Love 4

Fire & Fury Wednesday. The show began with a clip from aug 3 2016 of Mika & Joe wearing a Navy Blue & Mika wearing a Red sweater. Joe said that Trump had asked the Generals why he couldn't use Nuclear weapons. The Generals were upset that Trump was repeatdly asking about using those weapons. Mika was visibly upset & squeaked that the GOP is doomed & blowing up. Joe was very worried.

Fast Forward to Today. Joe is in the Bunker wearing a dark blazer with a striped green & blue tie.

Joe is mocking Trump for using verbal tics like "never seen before". Julie Pace said other administrations have not solved the North Korea issue.

Joe want to know why Trump's comments were not vetted.

Why is Barnicle on this show? Kornacki?.

Where is Admiral Stavridis? Gordon Chang? There should be experts on military & Korean affairs.

Joe thinks this will be like Obama's Syrian Line. No one took Obama seriously after that.

Will the Chinese take the use of nuclear weapons seriously?

North Korea threathened Guam which has a US Military base.

It's hilarious that Joe likes to talk about the optics of Trump's verbal tics during a serious situation.

• Love 2

The intelligence experts said that NK can put a small nuclear device on their warhead.

Joe thinks that Trump will not want to have a legacy that allows NK to have nuclear weapons hit LA or Seattle.

Joe said that Obama warned Trump about North Korea.

• Love 1

I agree with you Oakville. Where are the experts? A panel of nothing.

I turned into CNN and there are two of their retired military analysts and  Will Ripley, their correspondent on the ground, on board to talk intelligently.

Edited by stormy
  • Love 2

OK this is getting silly. At 6 34 am, they decide to discuss poll results!. Trump down to 32% !. Trump is losing support among white working class men. Other polls show him at 38%. Is this really the day to discuss poll results? This show spent all of 2016 discussing polls. They were useless when it came to predicting the final election result. Even Joe admitted that people that supported Trump would lie to pollsters because it was politically incorrect . Therefore, based on all the whacky things Trump is doing now, who would admit publically to supporting him. It's just a waste of time.

I would like to know what types of bombs could be dropped on NK. What are the consequences? Is the South Korean military on high alert?

My theory is that the staff member in charge of booking guests is on holiday, so no one bothered to call anyone with North Korean expertise.

Joe now wants Joe Mancin to represent the Centrist Democrats.

• Love 1

Gordon Chang shows up!. The Fire & Fury is aimed at China. There are Chinese elections. Xi was around when Trump launched missiles at Syria. It's time for the Chinese to enforce sanctions against North Korea.

President Moon wants to talk to NKorea. The South Korean capital is only 35miles away from the border.

The Chinese are helping the North Koreans how to use Chinese transporters. The missile technology is similar to the Chinese.

Back to the Palace Intrigue. Bannon is not in NJ, so he can't tell Trump to ignore North Korea.

More poll talk. Kornacki is frustrated that Republicans were more loyal to Trump than Democrats were to Hillary.

Joe said Democrats can't just run against Trump. They need a good candidate to run against Trump.

Joe is now mocking President Bannon. Bannon is the brain behind Trump. Joe is trolling Trump.

• Love 1

Andrea Mitchell is out of breadth. She said that Mattis & the Generals did not vet Trump's Fire & Fury comments. She said that Mattis was not a fan of a first strike against North Korea.

Andrea is excited about people complaining about Trump's comments.

Tillerson is in Guam. Watch out!

• Love 1

General McCaffrey cracked me up. Someone floated the idea that Trump's bombasity was merely a clever ploy to get China's attention, and he shot that down with a simple, "Not a chance - he was just shooting from the top of his head."

• Love 4

So JoMika, it's all cute and fun and games  and oh, look at our ratings, and we can help him get thru the debates and aren't we smart, until you normalize a fucking psychopathic man baby with no self control. 

And now he's going to get us into a fucking war with North Korea. 

Happy? 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, oakville said:

It's hilarious that Joe likes to talk about the optics of Trump's verbal tics during a serious situation.

His hyperbolic Tourette's syndrome is going to maybe get millions of people killed.  Fair game to mock him and those who support his idiocy.  Remember, 3/4 of Canada is easily within reach of a nuclear warhead from NK that probably cannot fly straight.  In that regard, Trump is your spokesman.  So...

• Love 4

So in their discussion of whether Trump's voters will return to him and propel him back for another term, Joe bloviates that if the Dems nominate a Bernie Sanders type, that will happen, but if the Dems nominate someone from the "Joe Manchin wing" of the party it won't.

Did he sleep through that last election? The Dems nominated a pro-business opportunistic centrist a la Manchin and she got her fat ass handed to her by a racist baboon. 

Moreover is Joe aware of how frequently Manchin votes with Trump? 

• Love 5

I would like to know what types of bombs could be dropped on NK. What are the consequences?

The only kind of bombs that could be dropped are the kind that kill people.  Consquences would be that North Koreans would die.  North Koreans are prisoners of Kim Jong Il and his dictator ancestors, even more than we are captives of the crazy man in the Oval Office.  North Koreans can't stop their crazy dictator any more than we can stop our own.  It would be genocide to just drop bombs on them when it is Kim that is the problem.

• Love 1

Did anyone say anything about Little Steven Miller's claim  that Trump "was the greatest orator of our time"?  I spent most of the morning locked out of my house, sitting on my front porch waiting for the locksmith to come and charge me $190 for 10 minutes of his time.  Hey outsourced factory workers that support Trump because he's going to bring your factory back---learn to become a locksmith!!!! 

Therefore, based on all the whacky things Trump is doing now, who would admit publically to supporting him. It's just a waste of time.

You know who will admit to supporting our Whacky President.  Line up 3 people.  One out of the 3 loves and supports him. Why, I cannot say--all I know is I flipped to CNN this AM and they were in Hawaii discussing how you have 20 minutes there to react after N Korea launches their missile. Saying this deadpan.  WTH have we gotten ourselves into???

• Love 4
1 minute ago, WhineandCheez said:

Did anyone say anything about Little Steven Miller's claim  that Trump "was the greatest orator of our time"?

They didn't say much in any of the segments I watched, but I didn't watch the whole show all the way through.  Coming out of a break they ran Steven Miller's insane performance on Fox and after just looked at each other like this for a few seconds  O_o  and said they'd address it later.  Don't know if they did.

Did the author of "Devil's Bargain" ever get on the show?  They teased his appearance.  He want to college with Spicer at a 99% liberal college.  Spicer was, of course, an aggressively politically conservative douche bag.  You know the type in college.  Like the bad guys in Animal House.  Spicer's nickname in college was "Sphincter."  Hilarious.

Bad idea for them to air twice the year old segment about Trump and nuclear bombs.  Painted Joe and Mika as simpering drama queens.  Mika looks particularly bad.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

Did the author of "Devil's Bargain" ever get on the show?  They teased his appearance.  He want to college with Spicer at a 99% liberal college.  Spicer was, of course, an aggressively politically conservative douche bag.  You know the type in college.  Like the bad guys in Animal House.  Spicer's nickname in college was "Sphincter."  Hilarious.

He made it on today. He actually said that being away from Bannon during this "working vacation" might have caused this vitriol, because Bannon is an isolationist who doesn't care about North Korea. He said something about Bannon being a "moderating voice" on this stuff, I kid you not.

Line up 3 people.  One out of the 3 loves and supports him. 

That's all I see when these guys crow on and on about how dismal his approval ratings are. 

Edited by Mumbles
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

His hyperbolic Tourette's syndrome is going to maybe get millions of people killed.  Fair game to mock him and those who support his idiocy.  Remember, 3/4 of Canada is easily within reach of a nuclear warhead from NK that probably cannot fly straight.  In that regard, Trump is your spokesman.  So...

I am aware that the NK missiles could hit Canada. Trump has been speaking like this for few years. I would have liked more analysis of the military strategies that can be used

33 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

Our PM was able to get a Canadian Pastor released.

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, izabella said:

The only kind of bombs that could be dropped are the kind that kill people.  Consquences would be that North Koreans would die.  North Koreans are prisoners of Kim Jong Il and his dictator ancestors, even more than we are captives of the crazy man in the Oval Office.  North Koreans can't stop their crazy dictator any more than we can stop our own.  It would be genocide to just drop bombs on them when it is Kim that is the problem.

I would rather get rid of the NK government than wait for him to launch a missile st the USA.

Nuclear weapons had to be used on Japan to stop World War 2.  

Its sad but wars have to be fought & civilians die

• Love 1
2 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

Did anyone say anything about Little Steven Miller's claim  that Trump "was the greatest orator of our time"?  I spent most of the morning locked out of my house, sitting on my front porch waiting for the locksmith to come and charge me $190 for 10 minutes of his time.  Hey outsourced factory workers that support Trump because he's going to bring your factory back---learn to become a locksmith!!!! 

You know who will admit to supporting our Whacky President.  Line up 3 people.  One out of the 3 loves and supports him. Why, I cannot say--all I know is I flipped to CNN this AM and they were in Hawaii discussing how you have 20 minutes there to react after N Korea launches their missile. Saying this deadpan.  WTH have we gotten ourselves into???

I thought about switching to CNN this morning because of all the empty calories on Morning Joe.   But after CNN's coverage yesterday I couldn't.  CNN is as guilty of escalating nuclear fears as Trump -- maybe even guiltier.   CNN sank its ratings fangs into this scenario yesterday and hasn't let go.   They had reporters in nuclear bunkers in Hawaii advising people to seek caves if you happen to be on the beach when the bombs strike.   Jeffrey Toobin actually had to say, "Hey, can we dial this back a bit?"

Compared to that blatant fearmongering, Morning Joe's lack of substance was comforting.  

• Love 1

I had heard one of the Senators from Hawaii say that the state is putting some emergency plans together just in case. Since they would be a likely target. 

Agree the networks playing this "Day After" scenario is straight up ratings grabs.

But the discussion that Trump needs to stop with the egging NK on, and agree with Feinstein we do need the Southeast Asia State Dept undersecretaries confimed ASAP. 

• Love 2

Nuclear weapons had to be used on Japan to stop World War 2.  

Its sad but wars have to be fought & civilians die

Okay, I'm not going to even tackle the substance of these statements, but I will bring up to a comment Elise Jordan made at the end of the show about how, up to now, everyone thought Mattis had done a good job educating Trump on how nuclear weapons are something that the US should never contemplate using. So even an old hawk like Mattis - whose nickname is "Mad Dog" for cripes sakes - thinks that nuclear weapons are unthinkable.

Edited by Mumbles
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Mumbles said:

Okay, I'm not going to even tackle the substance of these statements, but I will bring up to a comment Elise Jordan made at the end of the show about how, up to now, everyone thought Mattis had done a good job educating Trump on how nuclear weapons are something that the US should never contemplate using. So even an old hawk like Mattis - whose nickname is "Mad Dog" for cripes sakes - thinks that nuclear weapons are unthinkable.

Yeah I'm not fatalistic or blasé about doing whatever it takes to stop NK.

There will be hundreds of thousands of civilian casualties in South Korea and maybe Japan, not to mention NK.

The responsible thing would be to try diplomacy again, instead of this macho posturing that they can't back down from.

Compare how JFK handled the Cuban missile crisis with the way Trump is handling things.

• Love 1

I read a great article in either the NY Post or the NY Daily News that had folks that work on Morning Joe kvetching about how much money is being spent chasing these two around the globe with various production crews while they are having a terrific time not doing news related stories.  To be honest, I am more than surprised that now Mika "has the morning off" and Joe is in whatever studio is closest to him that doesn't involve him actually showing up with the rest of the panel.  Please know I realize many anchors are off these past couple of weeks but for me these remote shoots for Joe just kind of bug me.

eta:  plus I miss Oakville's primo snark describing what Mika's outfit du jour is . . . . :)

Edited by Chloesmom
  • Love 2

Is the ego of these two "hosts" so big that they don't think the show will survive if they are both off? The reason the show is a snoozefest when they are off is that at least one of them is hardly ever off.  It is distracting not to have the host in the studio; the remotes from wherever do the show no favors.  Just have Willie or Nicole (because we know how the powers-that-be love the lone-girl as host with the guys surrounding her like the sun and planets orbiting) or anyone be host for the day/week.  Have your guests there, where they can sit around the desk and talk about the days events.  Maybe "ego" is not it; maybe the Dynamic Duo is afraid someone else hosting for three hours a stretch might get decent ratings and have people talking about what a good show it is.

• Love 7
20 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Is the ego of these two "hosts" so big that they don't think the show will survive if they are both off? The reason the show is a snoozefest when they are off is that at least one of them is hardly ever off.  It is distracting not to have the host in the studio; the remotes from wherever do the show no favors.  Just have Willie or Nicole (because we know how the powers-that-be love the lone-girl as host with the guys surrounding her like the sun and planets orbiting) or anyone be host for the day/week.  Have your guests there, where they can sit around the desk and talk about the days events.  Maybe "ego" is not it; maybe the Dynamic Duo is afraid someone else hosting for three hours a stretch might get decent ratings and have people talking about what a good show it is.

I agree that I find it distracting when at least one of the hosts is not in studio as even the small lag via the satellite can throw off a conversation.  I have enjoyed the show when either may be off but the other is in studio, these remote shots just for me make it harder to watch. I too wish Willie would be in charge of the panel when the Coosome Twosome are not present as I find those discussions to be the most interesting and best moderated.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Chloesmom said:

I agree that I find it distracting when at least one of the hosts is not in studio as even the small lag via the satellite can throw off a conversation.  I have enjoyed the show when either may be off but the other is in studio, these remote shots just for me make it harder to watch. I too wish Willie would be in charge of the panel when the Coosome Twosome are not present as I find those discussions to be the most interesting and best moderated.

Definitely distracting when one of our "hosts" is hosting remotely.  I assume their respective contracts allow for a fixed amount of vacation days, and it seems like Joe has used a lot this year.  Maybe they are also contractually bound to avoid both being off at the same time.  Until recently, I don't think they were both off together a lot.  Seems like they are still trying to cover and avoid having both off, hence working remotely.  I would bet serious money that they are both in Nantucket this week.

• Love 4

I switched over to Morning Joe because of CNN's shenanigans on New Day -- for example, the weekly check-in with a panel of rabid Trump voters.   Now the hosting shenanigans on Morning Joe are making me feel like moving on from this show too.  

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Mumbles said:

I was referring to Truman's justification for the use of the Atomic Bomb in 1945. There was a fear that an invasion of Japan using conventional weapons would cost too many US troops lives & would take a long time.

The show made reference to Trump copying Truman's warning  about "Fire that the world has not seen before"  to Japan before he decided to drop the bomb on Hiroshima.

Mattis is correct that the use of Nuclear Weapons is unthinkable, however if North Korea nukes Guam or Seattle, what does Trump do? That is what the show has not addressed.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, millennium said:

I switched over to Morning Joe because of CNN's shenanigans on New Day -- for example, the weekly check-in with a panel of rabid Trump voters.   Now the hosting shenanigans on Morning Joe are making me feel like moving on from this show too.  

It's weird watching Alison Camerota. She used to be on Fox & spouted conservative talking points. Now she is on CNN & is more liberal. Do the networks tell the staff to focus on certain talking points that viewers would like to hear? . Chris Cuomo looks like he drinks Red Bull after every segment.  He is so wound up.

I would love to see a show called Battle of the Morning Cable Hosts. It used to be a show in the 70's & was called Battle of the Network Stars.

Edited by oakville
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Mmtx2002 said:

Definitely distracting when one of our "hosts" is hosting remotely.  I assume their respective contracts allow for a fixed amount of vacation days, and it seems like Joe has used a lot this year.  Maybe they are also contractually bound to avoid both being off at the same time.  Until recently, I don't think they were both off together a lot.  Seems like they are still trying to cover and avoid having both off, hence working remotely.  I would bet serious money that they are both in Nantucket this week.

I would love a Live from Nantucket show with Mika & Joe!

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

I read a great article in either the NY Post or the NY Daily News that had folks that work on Morning Joe kvetching about how much money is being spent chasing these two around the globe with various production crews while they are having a terrific time not doing news related stories.  To be honest, I am more than surprised that now Mika "has the morning off" and Joe is in whatever studio is closest to him that doesn't involve him actually showing up with the rest of the panel.  Please know I realize many anchors are off these past couple of weeks but for me these remote shoots for Joe just kind of bug me.

eta:  plus I miss Oakville's primo snark describing what Mika's outfit du jour is . . . . :)

The show would be better if Mika or Joe were in studio. However, the quality of the show has taken a back seat to Joe's singing career & the desire of the Royals of Nantucket to spend time together.

• Love 3

Thursday Recap. Willie is solo today. Kasie! & Sam Stein are there. It has been a discussion of North Korea, Manafort, MCain etc. This is very normal. It's a good episode if you want to learn something about the issues.

• Love 5

Thursday Recap. Willie is solo today. Kasie! & Sam Stein are there. It has been a discussion of North Korea, Manafort, MCain etc. This is very normal. It's a good episode if you want to learn something about the issues.

I agree Oakville, the show is so much more informative when Joe and Mika (especially Joe) aren't there.  I think Willie and Kasie! would be a great replacement (and side note, Kasie! is getting her own show this fall) which I will most definitely watch.

• Love 3