Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

(edited)

So I caught ten minutes of the show. Decided to turn it off after Joe went on a rant demeaning small donor numbers. I was going to write a rebuttal here, but got busy. Then Joe (retweet, I don't subscribe) posted this. 

I really wish we got this nuanced, not ranty Joe on the show. (Can you imagine Joe using the word "disposition" on the show?)

Edited by xaxat
  • Love 1

Argggh!   Mika's making sense re: Joe Biden and Lucy Flores.  I hate it when she does that.  It undermines the whole Tits LaRue persona.

But it's truly disgusting what has happened.  The media is trying Biden in the court of public opinion and tainting the jury with headlines like "Creepy Uncle Joe."   This isn't a MeToo moment (though some are trying to make it one) but I'm not sure the public is smart enough to make the distinction.   By association it also threatens to undermine legitimate MeToo complaints because in this case there are legitimate concerns that the complainant has an agenda -- the same strain of doubt that often unfairly attends MeToo accusations.

God help America if in the end the only two choices are Bernie Sanders and Trump.  

• Love 11

someone mentioned the other day that John Heileman had not been on the show for a while. Well. He’s on today, and when introducing him, Mika said something like “I’m going to be nice to you for at least the first 30 minutes”. It gave me the impression that he was returning he was returning after some negative event in his life. She then introduced Elise Jordan (who I also haven’t seen on the show on a whole), and after introducing Elise, she said “I’m sorry, thanks for coming on the show”

What’s going on, I’m confused. 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, cased said:

someone mentioned the other day that John Heileman had not been on the show for a while. Well. He’s on today, and when introducing him, Mika said something like “I’m going to be nice to you for at least the first 30 minutes”. It gave me the impression that he was returning he was returning after some negative event in his life. She then introduced Elise Jordan (who I also haven’t seen on the show on a whole), and after introducing Elise, she said “I’m sorry, thanks for coming on the show”

She had too much wine at a KYV event, then had her driver take her to Heileman's and Jordan's houses, where she stood on their front lawns and belted out a drunken rendition of "The Wind Beneath My Wings."

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
36 minutes ago, cased said:

someone mentioned the other day that John Heileman had not been on the show for a while. Well. He’s on today, and when introducing him, Mika said something like “I’m going to be nice to you for at least the first 30 minutes”. It gave me the impression that he was returning he was returning after some negative event in his life. 

Perhaps because they knew they would be discussing Biden, which brushes up against the professional and personal rift caused by the Mark Halperin scandal?

It's good to see Heilemann again.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, cased said:

Heilmann’s wife was diagnosed with cancer a few months ago, but seems to be cancer free now. Not sure if was their reference, but it’s pretty new. 

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

Heilmann’s wife was diagnosed with cancer a few months ago, but seems to be cancer free now. Not sure if was their reference, but it’s pretty new. 

I hadn’t heard this. Thanks. I hope Heilmann’s wife will be ok

• Love 6

Interesting discussion about KAC & George Conway's marriage. Mika said she knew what it was like to be married to a Republican. She joked that Joe left the GOP for her.

Leibovich wonders if the Conways will have a talk show after Trump leaves office.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, millennium said:

Bernie Sanders and Trump. 

Neither have released their tax returns. 

1 hour ago, millennium said:

Welp, Mika just won a whole month's worth of good will from me.  I will refrain from criticizing her until at least May 3rd. 

??

(edited)

whineandcheez said:

8:50 AM Mika is on the KYV infomercial.  All that is missing is a pan to the audience, nodding approvingly (like on PBS).

- - -

Or QVC. Which is ironic because she sees pop culture as being "lowbrow."

Edited by suomi
  • Love 3
(edited)

I enjoyed watching the April 2012 clip of President Obama calling Mika the better half on Morning Joe. Mika was wearing a short red dress with high heels. Joe was at the event as well.

Edited by oakville
  • Love 2

It must be the end of days because I actually think Mika is making sane, rational points re: The Biden Affair and I agree with her.

I will echo millennium and give kudos to whoever gave the shout-out to Sherwood Anderson.

Today is April 3rd, is it not? All of this makes me think that April Fools is a week-long celebration this year.

• Love 2

Delurking to say that I don't think Mika is making sense at all re Biden. While I agree that this is not a ME TOO deal, I have thought from the beginning that his "lovey-ness" was outrageous  and have been surprised that he hasn't been chastised before. I have always really liked Joe but his behavior is way over the top inappropriate. And you can pipe down too Barnicle with your "He's just being human". PS, I'm 76 and have worked all my life and have experienced more than my share of this kind of stuff from men and No I didnt often speak up because  of the culture at the time, fear of losing job, and wanting to be a "good egg". Enough already! Keep your hands and your face to your self!

• Love 9
(edited)
2 hours ago, oakville said:

The panel discussed Trump claiming his dad was born in Germany. His father was born in the Bronx.

This is so ho-hum, along with his using the word oranges a few times instead of origins, though it should be a much bigger deal.  Joe, aren't you worried about the POTUS's dementia?

Edited by izabella
  • Love 4

While I agree with Mika regarding Biden, I actually think that it's better to have the discussion now and for him to address it, rather than waiting until after he gets in the race--which I hope he still does.  It's also a good message for him to be mindful of how he interacts with women.  And Trump can come after him all he wants and all Biden has to do is replay that Access Hollywood tape.

• Useful 1

About Biden, Johnathan Capehart said [essentially], "He always hugs me, slaps my back, puts his arm over my shoulders.  I never thought it was sexual.  It's sort of in my personal space, but it's who he is.  I'm not complaining."
At a conference this week I met a client and extended my hand to shake hers, and she hugged me, and I said in my head, "ok, we're hugging now?"  I went to hug another client and she kissed my cheek and I thought, "Ok, this is where we are?"
I don't presume they are wrong.  I presume I'm uptight and awkward.
All three ways of greeting are appropriate and normal.  The women complaining about Biden are NOT normal.  Mika's right.  This, unchecked, is the death knell of the Me Too movement.  Also it's ammunition for anti-feminists.  It does way more harm than good. 

• Love 7
(edited)
38 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

All three ways of greeting are appropriate and normal.  The women complaining about Biden are NOT normal.  Mika's right.  This, unchecked, is the death knell of the Me Too movement.  Also it's ammunition for anti-feminists.  It does way more harm than good. 

Even if they have grounds for complaint -- and I'm not convinced they do -- does it really rise to the level of needing to go public?   Of standing before the nation and saying he smelled my hair or we were posing for a photograph and first his hand was on my shoulder, then it was on my back, The End?  What next?  Joe Biden came to my house and left the toilet seat up?   That's another perfect manifestation of thoughtless and imposing male privilege.   But again does it rise to the level of becoming the subject of the national discussion?

I am in real danger of losing my health care if this judge in Texas heels to his master's voice.   And there's nothing to replace it.   Instead, the nation is focused on this nonsense.

IMO, far too many women are serial kissers.   They can't say hello or goodbye without punctuating it with an embrace and a peck on the cheek.   I find it an annoying custom and I'm sure I'm not alone.  Should people publicly complain about that?   Or would that be considered petty?   What about women who think it's okay to swat or hit men but write it off as harmless or playful?   Or women who feel emboldened to say anything they damn well please to a man regardless of how taunting, belittling or hurtful because they know chances are pretty good they won't get punched in the nose for it?

We can talk all day about male privilege, but women should check their own privilege too.

Or better yet, maybe we should all just calm down and maturely accept the fact that nobody's perfect.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 13

Mika just did a great job regarding Joe Biden.  I have been feeling the same way about it. This morning, I kept changing the channel to avoid the discussion on the show because the story has been so over blown. I turned back too early but then was happy to see her being so strong on the topic.

I have been enjoying MJ more lately especially the last several months when they brought book authors back to the show. 

Like Clair M, I am hoping that Stacey Abrams will run for the Senate.  She would be a tremendous asset there or as governor.  There are way too many others running for President on the Democratic side. She doesn't have to stop there but for now her getting to the Senate would be huge.

• Love 2

Thursday Recap. Mika is in NY with Willie. Joe is MIA. Trump & Sanders have not released their tax returns.

Mar a Lago security is a big topic. Mika bragged that she went here several times. The

Chinese are sending spies there. It's very scary.

The Mueller report could be worse than Barr is letting on.

• Love 1

One thing that annoys me about the show is how they use "How can the Democrats win over Midwestern states?" as shorthand for "How can the Democrats win more white voters?" So I thought it was hilarious that Stacy Abrams came straight out and explicitly rephrased it that way. 

• Love 5

Claire Makaskill defended Joe Biden. Barnicle is Pro Biden. Elise Jordan admitted that Biden was a little handsy. Elise was upset that Biden's team did not have an immediate response to Flores & the other ladies.

Mika got very emotional defending Biden. She said his family had suffered enough.

Mika is now lashing out at the women who complained about Joe. She said they should have complained in real time & not waited until he considered running for President.

Mika said she was not a snowflake. Mika wants hugs from Joe Biden.

The panel is over the top in their praise for Joe. !

• Love 4
1 hour ago, oakville said:

Mika is now lashing out at the women who complained about Joe. She said they should have complained in real time & not waited until he considered running for President.

Biden or Scarborough?

... 😏... jk

• Love 4
1 hour ago, XOQueens said:

Biden or Scarborough?

... 😏... jk

Joe Biden:)

Mika did a commercial for Filtr which has agreed to play Joe's music. Mika asked the other panelists to attend Joe's show in NY. Macaskill said she is out of town but would send her daughter to the show. This is so rude. Stop trying to make Joe's music a thing.

• Love 6
(edited)
3 hours ago, teddysmom said:

I am glad I missed the Joe Garage Band infomercial.  

it was pretty funny. At the beginning she said "I have to brag"

Edited by cased
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

McCaskill pretending not how to say Buttigieg for a while was a bad look.  Then she went on and on how her daughter donated $3 to Buttigieg's campaign.  Bizarre.
I have a feeling all of that was shade thrown at Pete for some personal reason. 

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

McCaskill pretending not how to say Buttigieg for a while was a bad look.  Then she went on and on how her daughter donated $3 to Buttigieg's campaign.  Bizarre.
I have a feeling all of that was shade thrown at Pete for some personal reason. 

I don't know what Claire's problem is, other than  losing her Senate race.  

First its not that hard, and second, the joke was old about a month ago. I tweeted at Katy Tur yesterday to knock it off, she was doing a bit like she couldn't say it and tried like 10 times. It was idiotic. 

• Love 3

I just saw somewhere (maybe Mediaite?) that Mark Halperin has apologized.  That, along with Meeka's forceful tone on Biden, makes me feel that it won't be long for Halperin to be back on show.  I hope not, but you have to consider the "show family" that Meeka goes on about.

51 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Mark Halperin has apologized.

Just now? Shouldn't that have happened like a year ago? 

Where's Joe? Getting his guitar tuned for the big concert tour announcement? 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, madfortv said:

Mika just did a great job regarding Joe Biden.  I have been feeling the same way about it. This morning, I kept changing the channel to avoid the discussion on the show because the story has been so over blown. I turned back too early but then was happy to see her being so strong on the topic.

I have been enjoying MJ more lately especially the last several months when they brought book authors back to the show. 

Like Clair M, I am hoping that Stacey Abrams will run for the Senate.  She would be a tremendous asset there or as governor.  There are way too many others running for President on the Democratic side. She doesn't have to stop there but for now her getting to the Senate would be huge.

I can imagine Abrams becoming a lion of the Senate. She's young. I want her to serve in a number of capacities.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, xaxat said:

McCaskill also looked like she would rather eat a bug than call Bernie a frontrunner.

I always enjoyed visits from Senator McCaskill, MSNBC pundit McCaskill not so much. And I was genuinely looking forward to seeing a lot of her.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Kemper said:

I just saw somewhere (maybe Mediaite?) that Mark Halperin has apologized.  That, along with Meeka's forceful tone on Biden, makes me feel that it won't be long for Halperin to be back on show.  I hope not, but you have to consider the "show family" that Meeka goes on about.

I just saw that on Twitter too, and decided to dig a bit deeper. The reaction was overwhelmingly negative, from blue checked journalists and us common folk alike. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
16 hours ago, EmeraldGirl said:

Whoever called the Paul and Linda thing is right on. I follow Linda’s photographs on Instagram and Joe likes them. He just needs to strap a camera around her neck. 

Guilty 😄

Edited by stormy
  • Love 2