Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, neona said:

but isn't the show contributing to it with all this depression and despair? is the whole month going to be like this, zero optimism or energy?

Whole month? Try whole year (or two). The reason I can't watch anymore.

I did happen to click by on my way to CNBC and saw Mika's horrid lighting and her desperate attempt to be patriotic. Maybe they should switch to one camera and drape themselves in one big flag.

• LOL 2

Well I didn't really disagree with Mika's comments, I think she's right... it's not that there isn't room for justified outrage at various moments.. it's just that the whole show is tense, from beginning to end...it's stressing me out...

Nancy Pelosi, by the way, is a class act. When she came on, she wasn't welcomed or wished a good morning, but she still took the time to graciously ask about Kasie's baby. I love that even the busiest woman in America takes time to remember things like that about people and show kindness

• Love 10
2 hours ago, neona said:

Nancy Pelosi, by the way, is a class act. When she came on, she wasn't welcomed or wished a good morning, but she still took the time to graciously ask about Kasie's baby. I love that even the busiest woman in America takes time to remember things like that about people and show kindness

That's the thing with JoMika.  They are not gracious with their guests at all. You watch other shows, and they thank guests, chat with them, Nicolle esp thanks every guest on Twitter every evening, does her heartbreaking "Life Well Lived" segment. 

Joe & Mika act like "if you aren't here to kiss our asses or agree with us, we have no need for you". 

And I don't get why Willie is hosting more and more of the show on his own, while they are there, or they just turn the show over to others. Like it's Morning Joe & Willie & Heileman & Katty and sometimes Barnicle.   The first 20 minutes will be Mika crying and Joe yelling, then at least we get Willie acting like an adult and running the show.  

This morning was rough enough without Mika screeching with that idiot flag scarf around her neck, and them continually running clips of Joe yelling at Trump.  As if that's going to wipe the entire 2016 primary & general election actions of the two of them. You don't even have to finish typing Joe & Mika and Donald Trump into the search engine to get all the articles about them giving him a pass, helping him, proclaiming him to be President because of his genius.  A 15 second clip of Joe telling him to shut up isn't gonna change anything. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 6

Who was the lady towards the end with Kurt and the other dude, talking about watching the 2000 election as a teenager and feeling disillusioned? She was interesting, I liked her. Has anyone watched her show, is it good?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, neona said:

Who was the lady towards the end with Kurt and the other dude, talking about watching the 2000 election as a teenager and feeling disillusioned? She was interesting, I liked her. Has anyone watched her show, is it good?

I didn't see it. Is she in the media or did they give any hint as to who she was or what she does now so we can look it up?  

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

I didn't see it. Is she in the media or did they give any hint as to who she was or what she does now so we can look it up?  

Oh she definitely did, it's just some other insane shit was going down in my house while she was talking so I missed it LMAO. Anyone? Joe told some sort of anecdote about wrestling a pig, and she said, without flinching, "Well..I'm from Jersey so we didn't raise pigs..."  Ahahahahahaha

ETA: WAIT, what actually happened to Mika's PIG? Like she used to have one, right? Was I hallucinating? That thing was freakin cute? There were like these really cute stories about it, to cheer people up in between Joe's bloviating. I HOPE HE WASN'T MADE INTO BACON, NOOOOOOOO. Like we need any more trauma right now. 

Edited by neona
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, neona said:

ETA: WAIT, what actually happened to Mika's PIG? Like she used to have one, right? Was I hallucinating? That thing was freakin cute? There were like these really cute stories about it, to cheer people up in between Joe's bloviating. I HOPE HE WASN'T MADE INTO BACON, NOOOOOOOO. Like we need any more trauma right now. 

I'm sure it was given to a sanctuary or some one else. No it was a miniature pig, it wouldn't have enough meat on it anyway.  Hopefully it's in a home or place where the owner doesn't hold it up to make it cry out and laugh about it. 

I can't find anything about that woman you mentioned. Their podcast is only 45 min long it only goes as far as when the Politico guy was on. There's no info. Hope everything's okay at Neona house.

• Love 1

Sorry, yes, all good! I checked the Morning Joe twitter feed, and her name is Alicia Menendez! She seems to be doing a new thing on weekend afternoons after our Yasmin. Imma check it out, I literally had that exact same GWB Moment of Teenage Despair, heh. Scarred a whole freakin generation.

That pig was famous. It was on like John Oliver and stuff! So weird they never explained what happened to it. Hope the poor thing is okay.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, neona said:

her name is Alicia Menendez

Oh Alicia! She is fantastic! I've watched her show on the weekends after Yasmin.  I hope she isn't falling into Mika's KYV trap.  Somebody has to stand up to her.  

5 minutes ago, neona said:

Scarred a whole freakin generation.

Scarred more than one generation, let me tell you.  

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, teddysmom said:

I'm sure it was given to a sanctuary or some one else. No it was a miniature pig, it wouldn't have enough meat on it anyway.  Hopefully it's in a home or place where the owner doesn't hold it up to make it cry out and laugh about it. 

I think the pig went to an animal sanctuary in Maine. It turns out there is no such thing as a miniature pig, and it got too big. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, neona said:

Sorry, yes, all good! I checked the Morning Joe twitter feed, and her name is Alicia Menendez! She seems to be doing a new thing on weekend afternoons after our Yasmin. Imma check it out, I literally had that exact same GWB Moment of Teenage Despair, heh. Scarred a whole freakin generation.

Alicia is the daughter of  NJ Senator Robert Menendez.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

Omg, when a respected retired general comes on, how are the first words out of your mouth not "Good morning, and thank you for your service". HE opened by thanking THEM for having him, I can't even

I normally find it dull when they discuss guests' books, but Al Sharptons stories were actually pretty fun and interesting. ALFRED, heh. Bless. 

• Love 4

Found Joe's fascination with Trump not wanting to take advice/insight from people who do not agree with him interesting.  

Joe, you should try listening 1) to yourself 2) to those with opinions/ideas contrary to yours.

Perhaps Joe feels that Trump is taking away Joe's divine right to surround himself with people who start their insight with 'Joe you are right'.

• Love 7
33 minutes ago, Liberty said:

Found Joe's fascination with Trump not wanting to take advice/insight from people who do not agree with him interesting.  

Joe, you should try listening 1) to yourself 2) to those with opinions/ideas contrary to yours.

Perhaps Joe feels that Trump is taking away Joe's divine right to surround himself with people who start their insight with 'Joe you are right'.

It's funny because this is the one psychological trait the two of them share - an inherent allergy to all advice, this knee-jerk, don't tell me what to do!!! Imma do the exact opposite!!! If you tell me I have spinach in my teeth I won't take it out, IM GONNA EAT MORE SPINACH!!! IT'S A SCIENTIFIC FACT THAT EVERYBODY LOVES GREEN TEETH!! 

But Joe's version is inherently harmless, and I think behind the dull-ass bluster he's actually a kind, reflective, decent guy who has a sense of humor about himself...whereas DJT...well.... 

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, Liberty said:

I agree. I find it strange that the early success of Morning Joe was due to Joe having guests on the show with different opinions than his own.

• Love 5

13 hours ago, cased said:

It turns out there is no such thing as a miniature pig, and it got too big. 

Yeah full grown mini pigs get to around 150 lbs. They don't stay little like Chihauhuas. Regular hogs get to around 750 lbs. 

3 hours ago, neona said:

Dude why is poor Mika's lighting SO MUCH WORSE than Joe's? Does the production team play favorites?

I think the last couple mornings  Mika isn't doing her make up like she normally does. You can see she doesn't have that black eye liner on which she always wears.   The lighting in the basement is the lighting in the basement. I don't think anyone is playing favorites. 

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

I think the last couple mornings  Mika isn't doing her make up like she normally does. You can see she doesn't have that black eye liner on which she always wears.   The lighting in the basement is the lighting in the basement. I don't think anyone is playing favorites. 

Oh, no, I think it's definitely a lighting problem - look at this clip from just last week, which was bright and comfortable:

Then, this clip, from today, which is so dark and weird:

I can't be hallucinating this?

Or maybe I am. The pandemic is really taking a toll, let me tell you...

• Love 2

Hey, MSNBC? You know who would make a really really great guest when you're talking about the president attacking a Muslim woman?

AN ACTUAL MUSLIM WOMAN. They exist, y'all. They have degrees, they're academics, they're journalists, they're doctors. They're elected representatives...

Edited by neona
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, neona said:

Oh, no, I think it's definitely a lighting problem - look at this clip from just last week, which was bright and comfortable:

Then, this clip, from today, which is so dark and weird:

I can't be hallucinating this?

Or maybe I am. The pandemic is really taking a toll, let me tell you...

So I haven’t been watching much throughout the pandemic but I do scroll thru here a couple time a week to keep up with the Morning Blow Twins. 
So I’ve read you all’s comments about Mika’s pajama tops and disheveled appearance. And I have sympathy for her since I like a good t shirt and cardigan and have gone to work throughout the whole pandemic, slapping makeup on every day
But Christ on a cracker what’s going on in the 2nd clip? Her T-shirt is askew and is not even remotely compatible w the cardigan. Her makeup was slapped on by herself, and the lighting is stupid! 
comeon MSNBC get some professionals involved in your 3 hour, flagship morning show!

• Love 3

I was thinking about today's news and speculating on how The King & Queen, and acolytes, will handle it for 3 hours.

That's a big part of their current problem, too predictable and too tedious.

• Love 3

Lemire is reporting about Trump and Melania's Covid-19 diagnosis. It looks like Lemire is at a guest room in his house since he had to quarantine.

It seems like no one really cares about Lemire's exposure or his quarantine situation.

The panel includes a physician in his 60's who had Covid-19 and recovered.

Lemire said that Kayleigh McKenney knew that she was exposed to Hope Hicks and still did the briefing.  Joe and Mika are horrified that Kayleigh gave a briefing.  

Mika excitedly read from a NY Times story.  The story said that the president might not stay on the ballot since he has Covid. Mika did her serious voice.

Do Mika and the NY Times realize that the ballots are already printed? I received one in DC this week. Some of these journalists seem focused on drama over logic.  We all know that Mika is mentally limited, but I expect more from the Times.

Ken Dilanian speculated that the president might have to give power to Mike Pence because of the nuclear football. Ken thinks infected people should not make decisions. Ken wonders if Justin Trudeau might be our next president. Just kidding, but Ken is all speculation today and he even admitted that he is speculating.  Does this asshat ever pick up the phone and confirm some facts.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, nittanycougar said:

Joe and Mika are horrified that Kayleigh gave a briefing.  

Like they were when Joe and Barnicle were spotted sitting on the city bench maskless?

Did they have time to cover the op-ed Mika breathlessly pushed on SM yesterday? Guess Trump gave them plenty of material to salivate over today. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, nittanycougar said:

Ken Dilanian speculated that the president might have to give power to Mike Pence because of the nuclear football. Ken thinks infected people should not make decisions. Ken wonders if Justin Trudeau might be our next president. Just kidding, but Ken is all speculation today and he even admitted that he is speculating.  Does this asshat ever pick up the phone and confirm some facts.

I don't think Ken should have been wildly speculating about Chuck Grassley taking over the Presidency. It's not professional.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, SG429 said:

I wonder if Lemire was up all night. He stayed pretty late with B-Dubs.

Hallie Jackson too. She came on a little after 1 am with BriWi, and then was on this morning. 

Mika got a little snotty with Meacham, he looked at her like "Bitch please. "

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Was the one bright spot this morning that Mika didn't cry read Joe's little story about democracy?  

She did post it on Twitter, it's basically a summary of stuff other people said all week.  From Meacham to Mark Hamill.  

• Love 3

Lemire was just broadcasting from the White House lawn. For some reason, his lighting setup looked like he was literally holding a flashlight under his chin. His mask, the shadows cast on his face and the big old trees behind him made it look very spooky Halloween! Despite the seriousness of the story, I couldn't help but laugh.

• LOL 3
7 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

HEE!!!! "Cry read", that explains it to perfection. Mika definately has her "modes"-- the one I mention the most is when she talks about YKV, it's always "chirpy and bright."

I love “cry read”. It’s a perfect description. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Lemire is going full Anchorman today. He said, "America wakes up today not really knowing how the president is doing."

Joe read tweets from Dr. James Phillips criticizing the president for taking a ride outside of Walter Reed.

Mika wants us to know that the Trumps don't wear masks.  She is  doing the crisis voice. She sounds like she is personally pissed about something.  My question is:  Is Mika ever happy about anything anymore.  

I drove by Walter Reed during my travels this weekend, and I am surprised that the president was allowed to do that because it was a circus between Trump supporters, reporters, and protestors.

Joe says "the lawyer in him" questions the president's doctors.  I don't think Joe has to worry about being involved in any legal case involving a president.  

Edited by nittanycougar
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

Joe interrupted Mika's interview with Dr. Vin Gupta and told her what questions to ask.  She stared at the camera and seemed kind of pissed at him.  So it's ok for Joe to just take over Mika's interview and make it his own. Joe is such a jerk sometimes.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 1

Mika & Joe complained that they had several friends in the audience at The Rose Garden. Why didn't they listen to  Mika & Joe ?

It's too bad that Mika & Joe aren't on better terms with President Trump. Joe could have gone to the event and warned everyone to wear a mask & a sweater so they don't catch a cold or Coronavirus. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, nittanycougar said:

Lemire is going full Anchorman today. He said, "America wakes up today not really knowing how the president is doing."

Joe read tweets from Dr. James Phillips criticizing the president for taking a ride outside of Walter Reed.

Mika wants us to know that the Trumps don't wear masks.  She is  doing the crisis voice. She sounds like she is personally pissed about something.  My question is:  Is Mika ever happy about anything anymore.  

I drove by Walter Reed during my travels this weekend, and I am surprised that the president was allowed to do that because it was a circus between Trump supporters, reporters, and protestors.

Joe says "the lawyer in him" questions the president's doctors.  I don't think Joe has to worry about being involved in any legal case involving a president.  

Twitter is full of media/pundits saying stuff that is pretty obvious to a person with a functioning brain.  So Joe is right in line with getting a "No shit Sherlock"  response to his stupid comments.  The lawyer in him.  If you aren't a practicing lawyer, you're not a lawyer, Joe.   Just like you're not a Congressman. You're barely the host of a tv show. Seeing as how you can only do it when you feel like it, for 30 minutes or so a day. 

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, oakville said:

Mika & Joe complained that they had several friends in the audience at The Rose Garden

Yeah I have friends in the cast of The Avengers movie.  Who the f are they friends with in that crowd? All they do is bitch about them. 

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Yeah I have friends in the cast of The Avengers movie.  Who the f are they friends with in that crowd? All they do is bitch about them. 

I think Joe knows the Chief of Staff , Mark Meadows. He was frequently interviewed on Morning Joe when he was in the Freedom Caucus.

Joe was supportive of the Freedom Caucus when President Obama was in office.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Mrs Obvious now cry tweeting.   I think she meant, "I mourn for those we lost".    We mourn for the lost makes it sound like someone driving around trying to find the open house their coworker is having.  "Hey we're lost, what street are you on again?" 

She's in Maine as of yesterday.   Wonder where Joe is. 

1 minute ago, oakville said:

I think Joe knows the Chief of Staff , Mark Meadows. He was frequently interviewed on Morning Joe when he was in the Freedom Caucus.

Well considering his ability to get to the truth thru all his sources, why isn't he calling Mark and asking him WTF is going on? 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, nittanycougar said:

My question is:  Is Mika ever happy about anything anymore.

Now, now Nittanycougar. You know  the answer to that! 😀

15 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Mrs Obvious now cry tweeting.

Again with the mind/mental health thing. I'm sick of this armchair diagnosing and speculation, especially from those with no training. And back in Maine? Who can take her tsk tsking and hand wringing about the behavior of others seriously?  

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Well considering his ability to get to the truth thru all his sources, why isn't he calling Mark and asking him WTF is going on? 

I think Joe has burned most if not all of his bridges with anyone who is part of the Trump administration. Joe has been warning Trump that he is doomed after his first week in office. Mika & Joe were invited to Mar A Largo for lunch shortly after the Inauguration.  Joe gave President Trump his recommended agenda for the next 4 years but Trump wouldn't listen to Joe. Mika refused to have President Trump or Jared Kushner marry them at the White House. Kushner was an ordained minister with the Unitarian Church & he could have borrowed some of Mika's scarves to perform the ceremony.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
27 minutes ago, plumbago blues said:

And back in Maine? Who can take her tsk tsking and hand wringing about the behavior of others seriously?  

Unless there's a place in FL where there are huge hills around a lake and trees changing color and steam/fog on a lake and it looks like it's about 50 degrees. 

24 minutes ago, oakville said:

Kushner was an ordained minister with the Unitarian Church

Does his rabbi know about this? 

30 minutes ago, plumbago blues said:

Is Mika ever happy about anything anymore.

Briefly when the Amazon driver shows up with her weekly delivery of three cases of Lucky Charms.  And when Joe goes to see his kids by himself. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

Mrs Obvious now cry tweeting.  

CRY TWEETING!!! HEE!!

Joe was supportive of the Freedom Caucus when President Obama was in office.

Oh yes, that was before he became WOKE. 

I just HAVE to say that  if SNL doesn't do a skit on Saturday about Trump driving around int he SUV with 2 Secret Service Agents in one of those diving bell or Hazmat suits, I'm pulling the TV plug. I'd suggest Kate McKinnon and Pete Davidson as the agents

• LOL 5
15 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

CRY TWEETING!!! HEE!!

Oh yes, that was before he became WOKE. 

I just HAVE to say that  if SNL doesn't do a skit on Saturday about Trump driving around int he SUV with 2 Secret Service Agents in one of those diving bell or Hazmat suits, I'm pulling the TV plug. I'd suggest Kate McKinnon and Pete Davidson as the agents

It is imperative that President Elect Biden follow all of Joe's recommendations after the election. Otherwise, Biden could be subject to the wrath of  daily 20 minute rants by Angry Joe:).

I remember when Mika & Joe visited the West Wing in the early days of the Obama administration & Joe started shouting at staffers to stop saying that everything is a crisis. Joe warned Obama about the stimulus package containing wasteful spending. Joe said he would have voted against the package if was still in Congress.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Anybody else notice no one from Biden campaign makes appearances on Morning Joe? I see Simone Sanders on tv quite a bit. 

Maybe Mika's shriekfest interview wasn't the raging success she thought it was.

I notice Joe Biden is doing a town hall with that inexperienced wannabe Lester Holt tonight, who has not been a Congressman, a lawyer,  nor does he have Joe's contacts within CIA, FBI, NSA, IRS, NASA, IKEA, CVS (drug store where Joe  picks up Mika's Xanax and Vodka) . 

Edited by teddysmom
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Unless there's a place in FL where there are huge hills around a lake and trees changing color and steam/fog on a lake and it looks like it's about 50 degrees. 

I have to wonder...is Joe with her?  My too-much-time-on-my-hands self is wondering if they are needing time away from one another.  

Of course Joe was supportive of The Freedom Caucus; he would have been it's head way back-in-the-days......When He Was In Congress.

Whoever invented Cry Reading and Cry Tweeting deserves a prize of some sort.  The best!

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Whoever invented Cry Reading and Cry Tweeting deserves a prize of some sort.  The best!

Somebody else started Cry Reading, I came up with Cry Tweeting when I saw her tweet this morning.  Hanging with you guys is prize enough 😘

I noticed in her IG/Tweet with the photo of the lake, no mention of Joe. Just lake, brain fog, calm, dog, stick.  

I do wonder if she went back up there to get away. Maybe that house has nicer carpeting than the one in Jupiter. I know the ice cream she likes, remember the photo of her shoveling it in her mouth from the 5 gallon drum like a college coed who smoked too much pot, is from up on the East Coast. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • LOL 3
2 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

just HAVE to say that  if SNL doesn't do a skit on Saturday about Trump driving around int he SUV with 2 Secret Service Agents in one of those diving bell or Hazmat suits, I'm pulling the TV plug. I'd suggest Kate McKinnon and Pete Davidson as the agents

I'm surprised they didn't turn Cecily Strong loose on Don Jr's GF, whatshername?  I still can't believe Gavin Newsome was married to her.  

They only did that tiny bit in the cold open, but man she nailed it.  When she did Judge Jeanine falling off the chair and spitting wine all over Colin Jost, I was dying.  I think she got an Emmy nomination for that. 

• Love 4