Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

49 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

They're like old vaudeville comedians that don't realize squirting people with seltzer water isn't funny any more. The Trump schtick, bashing the Clintons, etc. is so old it smells of desperation and stupidity.  And shows they have no  interest in discussing important matters.

A bunch of babies whining about whatever pissed them off years ago, who hurt their feelings or told them to fuck off. 

Any talk about the agent pulled out of the Kremlin in 2017? Or trying to bribe the captain of the tanker to turn it over to the US?  Climate change? How farmers are being affected by the trade war? 

Nah, let's make fun of Robby Mook, because only a few people around that table even know who he is,  or care. 

There was a brief interview with Jeremy Bash in the first 15 minutes of the broadcast. 

Bash said that the spy is currently in the US, where he is under protection.  Bash said there is a risk of the spy being targeted by the Russian government.  A Russian spy was found murdered in a Washington, DC hotel in 2015.  Bash was critical of the news stories about the spy because they put the individual at risk.  Mika's interview with Bash was cut off shortly after Bash started criticizing  the news coverage.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Yes I figured today would be all about Mika. 

What is going on with Joe? He looks ridiculous.  Grow a pair Joe and tell Mika you aren't her personal Ken doll.  What she got 2 boob jobs and a face lift for you, so now she dresses you up like Poindexter? 

Hee, between Joe's ensemble and that sweet little breakfast nook they are now broadcasting from I didn't know where to look first.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Donny Deutsch and Joe interviewed each other about what the Democrats need to beat Trump.  I know Donny is billed as branding expert, but his brand is not politics.  He is not a political strategist or a campaign veteran.

Donny is also not objective since he used to date Marla Maples.  There must be a Dem strategist who could address this.

Willie did an interview with legal and medical experts about anti-vaping measures.  It was very interesting until Joe cut in.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 5
26 minutes ago, oakville said:

He warned Obama that invading Libya would be a bad move because it's a lawless place now

Yeah sure you did Joe. When did you meet with Obama and warn him?  Because you running your mouth on your little show means nothing. 

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Yeah sure you did Joe. When did you meet with Obama and warn him?  Because you running your mouth on your little show means nothing. 

Joe used to brag that Valerie Jarret watched Morning Joe.

Donnie is demanding that Democrats stop talking  about single payer healthcare. He wants them to focus on Trump.

• Love 1

Joe said he was very conservative on immigration. He would allow Bahamian victims of Dorian to come to the USA and work.

Julia Ainsley said the Supreme Cort allowed Trump's new tough laws on asylum seekers.

Mika was off today. She was researching the number of pregnant people in Jupiter Florida.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2

Joe was interrupting Senator Claire. He said all the Democrats are terrified of Elizabath Warren.

He said it was his show & was allowed to talk.

Joe said that people are worried about Joe Biden stumbling at the debate.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe was interrupting Senator Claire. He said all the Democrats are terrified of Elizabath Warren.

And she shut him down for a minute too! I almost had some respect for her until she said what she had to say. She's just another hack, albeit a salty one.

• Love 3
59 minutes ago, oakville said:

She was researching the number of pregnant people in Jupiter Florida.

You are on fire!! 💥

She was catching heat last night on Twitter for the Ainsley pregnancy thing, like maybe Julia wouldn't have announced it yet if Mika hadn't said something to her. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
18 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe complained that Hillary Clinton lost the 2016 election. Trump didn't win.

Bashing Hillary Clinton every day is in Joe's DNA.

Well, Hillary did get 3,000,000 more votes than Trump.  But then again, we are living in upside-down-world.  

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe complained that Hillary Clinton lost the 2016 election. Trump didn't win.

Bashing Hillary Clinton every day is in Joe's DNA.

Joe just took a DNA test, turns out he’s 100% that dick 🎶 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2

Joe interviewed Bill Maher. Maher said Democrats were too politically correct.

Joe reminded Bill that he was a popular guest on his show 25 years ago.

Maher said that Democrats are weak & some behave like snowflakes.

Joe is opposed to the cancel culture.

Bill Maher said his show was cancelled for his remarks after 9/11.

• Love 2

Joe said he is a man without a country. Joe is worried about tribal politics.

Bill Maher is opposed to using nuclear weapons on hurricanes. He doesn't like Marianne Williamson recommending mind power to stop hurricanes.

Bill Maher is scared of Elizabeth Warren.

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, oakville said:

Bill Maher invited Joe to be on his show but he keeps declining the invitation.

Joe would not do well on a show that he can't control the narrative.

I think Bill Maher should be wife #4 (?) for Joe after JoMika inevitably implodes. Both of them are callow opportunists who apparently have a lot of regard for each other and no one else.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

Joe would get booed off the stage. Maher's audience is not Joe's "fan base" of imaginary syncophants. 

Oh goodness no kidding, it would be a bloodbath.  If nothing else Joe KHA (Knows His Audience).

Well aside from that rock star debacle . . . .

• Love 3
1 hour ago, oakville said:

Joe would not do well on a show that he can't control the narrative.

Joe would not do well on a show where they expected him to participate throughout the entire show.

Oakville, I echo those comments from our fellow posters.  You are on fire today . . . thank you!  🌟🔥

• Love 6
5 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe used to brag that Valerie Jarret watched Morning Joe.

Donnie is demanding that Democrats stop talking  about single payer healthcare. He wants them to focus on Trump.

Donnie needs to STFU.  Ever since he predicted a 48 state loss if Elizabeth Warren is the nominee I cannot look at him. Wealthy people like Donnie and Joe are terrified of her. Donnie is another reason I no longer watch. When did Mr. Buys Mika Louboutins  become a political pundit? I blame Joe. 

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, may flowers said:

Donnie needs to STFU.  Ever since he predicted a 48 state loss if Elizabeth Warren is the nominee I cannot look at him. Wealthy people like Donnie and Joe are terrified of her. Donnie is another reason I no longer watch. When did Mr. Buys Mika Louboutins  become a political pundit? I blame Joe. 

I couldn't agree more.  I just love hearing from folks that have never had to decide whether they can afford their medications that day mock Elizabeth Warren.  I want to hang him from the bumper of my car with those ridiculous bracelets he wears all the time along with the unbuttoned cuffs (what is that all about?) and drag him around the parking lot a few times.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

I want to hang him from the bumper of my car with those ridiculous bracelets he wears all the time along with the unbuttoned cuffs (what is that all about?) and drag him around the parking lot a few times.

Hanging on to the last vestige of youth. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, spiderpig said:

I simply couldn't take Liz Plank's motormouth at the end of the show.  After the break they went straight to Stephanie Ruhle without any byebyes from Joe's panel.

She is one of the most hyper guests on the show in a while.

She is from Montreal & graduated from McGill University.   Same as me. 🙂

3 hours ago, The Solution said:

I think Bill Maher should be wife #4 (?) for Joe after JoMika inevitably implodes. Both of them are callow opportunists who apparently have a lot of regard for each other and no one else.

Joe mentioned several times about the similarities he had with Bill Maher . Joe bragged about being a guest 20 times on his show Politically Incorrect.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe mentioned several times about the similarities he had with Bill Maher . Joe bragged about being a guest 20 times on his show Politically Incorrect.

I haven't been a fan of Maher in more than a while so yes I do see the similarities between the two of them.  Both have interesting relationships with women that don't always work out so well for the other sex.

• Love 6

Ah I see they have upgraded the Scarborough's breakfast nook to now include individual cameras in addition to the usual two shot (which is set at an angle that for some reason reminds me of the heat lamps at a KFC).

You can tell it's Friday as Joe already basically told Meeks to shut up.  Have a great weekend Joe!

• Love 2

Friday Recap.

Mika & Joe are in the breakfast nook. Willie said vinyl is back!.

Mika & Joe each get their own cameras. ! Joe's power at MSNBC continues to grow.

Biden wants to build on the ACA not have a medicare for all.

Mika said Castro took a low blow for basically calling Biden senile.

Joe said that Castro should have resigned if he was so upset at Obamacare.

Joe said that Castro got it wrong.

• Love 3

Ratner wanted the debate moderators to ask Warren & Sanders what they disagree on.

Joe is mad at Democrats for fighting over healthcare. Democrats wants Universal Healthcare.

Trump want to destroy healthcare.

Joe is shouting at the camera. Mika's head is bobbing up & down.

• Love 1

Joe mocked Democrats for wanting Medicare for All.

Joe said that Biden wanted families to play the record player at night.

Mika mocked Trump for not recognizing that Barron was his son.

Joe told Mika to stop interrupting him.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Gosh, Joe and Claire...how will we pay for Medicare for All?  Gosh, Joe...how will we pay for tax cuts for millionaires?

Joe, building on Mika's very shrill "AND ITS ALL FREE"! comment of last week, he pontifcates upon how Americans want free healthcare, and to eliminate college and medical debt.  Umm Joe, one of these things is not like the other.  Why does almost every other country have guaranteed healthcare but us?  It's not some frivilous wishful thing!!

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

Joe, building on Mika's very shrill "AND ITS ALL FREE"! comment of last week, he pontifcates upon how Americans want free healthcare, and to eliminate college and medical debt.  Umm Joe, one of these things is not like the other.  Why does almost every other country have guaranteed healthcare but us?  It's not some frivilous wishful thing!!

THIS^^^^

I'm not even talking about the phrase "free healthcare" but geez folks are just looking for a fighting chance to obtain basic services healthcare.  This is my angst with talking heads and pundits that truly don't understand the struggle of so many people these days.

Edited by Chloesmom
  • Love 3

Sweet Jesus.  I just love these (mostly) rich, white, entitled assholes with golden health insurance plans with their (mostly) white, entitled hair on fire about Medicare for All.  

Here's a thought.  How about having a few "regular" people who are not (mostly) white, entitled assholes on your show to tell about their struggles with health insurance.  You know, the ones who are having their pay garnished (ala a recent story on CNN) when they could not pay their hospital bills.  They had health insurance (I think...didn't see all of it) but it would not cover all of their bills.  A good many people in this country file for bankruptcy due to medical expenses.  

How do we pay for it?  Maybe if you would get your rich, white (most) entitled over-groomed heads out of your asses and ask people?  Have Elizabeth Warren on your show and ASK her.  One to one.  Scoop Brzenski - are you listening with your white, entitled bobble-head.

Geez, I just had to turn it off.  Had to.  You could predict, last night, how the show was going to go this morning.  I just can't.  I live in North Carolina and we are mad, sad and depressed about what happened in our State Legislature this week.  Not taking money (free) to help with Medicaid.  Lawrence O'Donnell has been all over this. Sorry for the rant; and no, I don't feel better for having done it.  

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Sweet Jesus.  I just love these (mostly) rich, white, entitled assholes with golden health insurance plans with their (mostly) white, entitled hair on fire about Medicare for All.  

Here's a thought.  How about having a few "regular" people who are not (mostly) white, entitled assholes on your show to tell about their struggles with health insurance.  You know, the ones who are having their pay garnished (ala a recent story on CNN) when they could not pay their hospital bills.  They had health insurance (I think...didn't see all of it) but it would not cover all of their bills.  A good many people in this country file for bankruptcy due to medical expenses.  

How do we pay for it?  Maybe if you would get your rich, white (most) entitled over-groomed heads out of your asses and ask people?  Have Elizabeth Warren on your show and ASK her.  One to one.  Scoop Brzenski - are you listening with your white, entitled bobble-head.

Geez, I just had to turn it off.  Had to.  You could predict, last night, how the show was going to go this morning.  I just can't.  I live in North Carolina and we are mad, sad and depressed about what happened in our State Legislature this week.  Not taking money (free) to help with Medicaid.  Lawrence O'Donnell has been all over this. Sorry for the rant; and no, I don't feel better for having done it.  

THIS^^^^

Great post Kemper!  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, oakville said:

Joe liked it when Elizabeth Warren was quiet

Yes that's the problem, he likes it when women are quiet. 

56 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Joe told Mika to stop interrupting him.

Is this when she was laughing about Trump's "Melania has a great son" comment? 

• Love 7

Joe made fun of Bernie Sanders shouting. They kept showing clips of Larry David.

Mika said that Joe was tough on Senator Claire.

Claire wants people to keep private insurance. She is demanding that Elizabeth Warren tell the truth that MFA will cost money.

Joe called MFA a Monstrosity. Joe said that hospitals will be filled with poor sick people