Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, stormy said:

Some good points on the mistake of trump calling Nancy crazy. Commenting on her hand gestures and saying she's lost it. That plays with his base but like Joe said, the Democrats win in 2018 was historic while the Republicans tried to tie everything to Nancy.

Unfortunately there's a germ of plausibility in the doctored videos.   Nancy is aging (as are we all).  She's almost 80 years old.   While I have no doubt about her mental acuity, she does at times she seem to grasp for words.  If I had a jaundiced view of her, I might cynically interpret her hand motions as palsied or hinting that she has some loss of motor skills.

Sadly, the more Trump calls attention to it, the more people on both sides are going to notice it.  

Has there ever been an uglier, more petty time in our history?

4 hours ago, Tom Holmberg said:

And he'll be telling us how he fought his way off the beaches and single-handedly liberated Europe from Nazi oppression.

It's the 75th anniversary of d day.

• Love 1
(edited)
10 minutes ago, Tom Holmberg said:

Chris Hayes would be the best person for MSNBC to send; Joe and Mika the worst.  So let's send the worst.

I was thinking that, if they were free, Jon Meachem and Doris Kerns Goodwin, would be bring a lot of interesting history to Normandy. Chris Hayes would also be a much better choice. Why do they send the worst??? Good Question!

Edited by PennyPie18
spelling
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, PennyPie18 said:

Jon Meachem and Doris Kerns Goodwin

I'm not a fan of either, but at least they are historians.  Chris Hayes did segments on topics like this on his old "Up With" show, so I know he'd be good.  Maybe Meachem and Goodwin could be the guests with Chris hosting. But I'd like to see Rick Atkinson, who wrote a great trilogy of histories of the U.S. Army in WWII, worth reading if you haven't.

• Useful 1

Today is Memorial Day. Mika mentioned several times that it was a taped show. She joked with Willie about his memorial day BBQ. Mika is still bitter over being called out a few years ago for pretending the show was live at Christmas time.

• Love 3
(edited)

It was Thanksgiving, the day after, when they pretended to be "remembering" their Thanksgiving festivities, including "Brzezinski's theoretical turkey":   

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/morning-joe-did-you-really-just-pre-tape-your-post-thanksgiving-banter/2017/11/24/7a73d84a-d161-11e7-a1a3-0d1e45a6de3d_story.html?utm_term=.9f3b98e0cf71 

5 hours ago, oakville said:

Today is Memorial Day. Mika mentioned several times that it was a taped show. She joked with Willie about his memorial day BBQ. Mika is still bitter over being called out a few years ago for pretending the show was live at Christmas time.

Edited by freddi
  • Love 2
(edited)

Journalists and political pundits like Brett Stephens make me want to cry.

And stop showing those God damn tweets.

Beto, are you listening? Joe has major tips on how to run a campaign and win.

Edited by stormy
  • Love 5

They are so freaking odd as regards Beto.
1.  Joe claims Beto has retooled and refocused his campaign and is now doing town halls and going door to door listening to "the people."
    I met Beto 2 months ago at a town hall here in Charleston as he shook hands and listened to "the people."  The centerpoint of everything he had to say is that he was going to do local town halls, answer questions, and listen to what "the people" had to tell him.
Joe is just inventing a story to explain his new appreciation of Beto
2.  After the panel discusses Beto, Mika offers this pearl, "I'm sorry.  I'm just sorry.  But we're six months away from Iowa.  What kind of a candidate readjusts their campaign midway?  Who does that?  I'm sorry, but I"m just sorry here.  Maybe it's me, but don't we want someone to beat Trump?  We can't have this.  I mean, is it me?"
   Referring to #1 above, remaining on the road isn't readjusting.  "Remain" and "readjust" are words with opposite meanings, if Mika cares what words mean, that is.
   IF he was changing his entire platform to cater to the electorate, how is that bad?
   Mika hates Beto for some reason
   Mika isn't intellectually qualified to use her vodka hole on political discussion shows.

• Love 8

Mika & Joe are back today. Joe talked about the late Bill Buckner who played for the Red Sox.

Joe blamed the pitching staff for giving up the lead in the 1986 World Series.

Mika went to visit her daughter in NH.

Joe is mad at Trump for his not being tougher on North Korea.

Joe admitted that most people support getting tough with China. He blamed Trump for using the wrong tactics.

Richard Haas said Trump shouldn't throw South Korea under the bus.

Joe started talking about the Dixie Chicks. they complained about the Iraq War.

Joe said that Trump is shredding constitutional norms.

• Love 3

Elise Jordan said that Trump was stabbing the Japanese in the eye. Joe laughed at her.

Elise defended Obama's nuclear deal with Iran.

Joe said that Biden has to stop saying that we have nothing to worry about China.

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

Hmmmm, when I have I seen him display this behavior before?

27 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

Maybe it's me, but don't we want someone to beat Trump?  We can't have this.  I mean, is it me?"

Yes Mika, it's you.

Mika isn't intellectually qualified to use her vodka hole on political discussion shows.

Vodka hole, hee!

I met Beto 2 months ago at a town hall here in Charleston as he shook hands and listened to "the people." 

Oh goodness I wish a few candidates would wander over here (besides the obligatory stop in Chicago for money).  The closest we got was Ted Cruz.  I actually thought about attending but then decided it wasn't worth putting on pants for.

Meeks was very indulgent today with Joe's baseball obsession and occasional dive into pop culture.  I did hear her mention being strong and focused but didn't tie it into KYV so I am assuming the pounding she is taking on Twitter is finally having some results.

• Love 3

Joe is mad at republicans still support Trump.

Joe is upset at the results of the European elections.

Joe is mad at European countries have open borders & unlimited immigration.

Joe said European leaders should listen to him that open borders don't work. They need a middle ground.

Joe said culture is important to Europeans.

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe said culture is important to Europeans.

Methinks a white, Christian culture is important to Joe. He really should just come right out and say it, his codes are easy to detect.

• Love 4

Joe said that Trump's strategy is to depress the African American Vote. Biden voted for the 1994 Crime Bill.

Eugene agreed that African Americans did not vote as much Clinton in 2016  as they did for Obama in 2012. Turnout was lower in Penn,Michigan & Wisconsin.

• Love 2
(edited)

7:20 AM  Women are VOTING IN THE RAIN in Southern California!  Joe, I lived in San Diego for 18 years, and no one is Voting In The Rain there unless it's March!

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Willie said that Trump supported the Death Penalty for the Central Park Five in NY. They were later acquitted.

Eugene admitted to being surprised that Trump won in 2016.

Brett Stephens was on the panel. He said that populism was winning in Australia & India.

Trump could get re elected next year.

• Love 2

Joe said that African American women voted in the rain in Alabama & Virginia against Trump.

Joe said highly educated women will vote against Trump.

Joe said Trump is doomed! LOL!.

I would love to see a Joe Scarborough wind up doll with 10 of his favorite talking points.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

Joe is happy that Beto took his advice and is holding town halls.

Everyone should listen to Joe!

15 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

7:20 AM  Women are VOTING IN THE RAIN in Southern California!  Joe, I lived in San Diego for 18 years, and no one is Voting In The Rain there unless it's March!

The Democrats are doomed if the weather is sunny on election day according to Joe.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

So Joe got MSNBC to pay to fly him and Mika to France in 2 weeks, and since D Day is a Thursday this year, they'll take a long weekend and go to Paris etc on the company dime.  Pretty sweet gig. 

I will not be participating in anything these two miscreants do regarding D Day.   

I'll watch Band of Brothers like I do every year.  

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

So Joe got MSNBC to pay to fly him and Mika to France in 2 weeks, and since D Day is a Thursday this year, they'll take a long weekend and go to Paris etc on the company dime.  Pretty sweet gig. 

I will not be participating in anything these two miscreants do regarding D Day.   

I'll watch Band of Brothers like I do every year.  

Perhaps Mika & Joe will go back to the hotel that he proposed to her.?

I wonder if MSNBC will send Tom Brokaw to France to help Mika & Joe cover D Day.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Landsnark said:

They are so freaking odd as regards Beto.
1.  Joe claims Beto has retooled and refocused his campaign and is now doing town halls and going door to door listening to "the people."
    I met Beto 2 months ago at a town hall here in Charleston as he shook hands and listened to "the people."  The centerpoint of everything he had to say is that he was going to do local town halls, answer questions, and listen to what "the people" had to tell him.
2.  After the panel discusses Beto, Mika offers this pearl, "I'm sorry.  I'm just sorry.  But we're six months away from Iowa.  What kind of a candidate readjusts their campaign midway?  Who does that?  I'm sorry, but I"m just sorry here.  Maybe it's me, but don't we want someone to beat Trump?  We can't have this.  I mean, is it me?"
   Referring to #1 above, remaining on the road isn't readjusting.  "Remain" and "readjust" are words with opposite meanings, if Mika cares what words mean, that is.
   IF he was changing his entire platform to cater to the electorate, how is that bad?
   Mika hates Beto for some reason

Joe is right that there is plenty of time to adjust the campaign strategies.

Joe reminded viewers that his father said John McCain would comeback in 2008 to win the GOP nomination.

• Love 2

Mika said women have to be perfect in TV news.

Joe reminded viewers that he went to Fenway Park yesterday.

I wonder if there was a special ceremony to celebrate Joe's appearance at Fenway Park.

Elise Jordan likes Beto's political advisors. She also likes Vanity Fair.

• Love 3

I'm still very upset over today's show. The pageantry and honors bestowed on trump by the Japanese prime minister was so over the top. Then, as Elise observed so well, trump turns around and stabs the Japanese in the eye by dismissing the missile launches by North Korea.  And takes joy in the attacks on "Bidan" by the same wacko dictator. Brett Stephens added more worries about a trump victory in 2020. Beto seems like a good guy, but is he ready for a presidential run??? And why did Joe find Elise's comment about the "stabbing in the eye" so funny????Nothing funny about it....IMHO.

• Love 4

I heard Meeka saying something about something ... she said she had heard it while "traveling"... !!  I think she wanted to say on a KYV stop but as stated above, maybe the network has shut some of that down.  A day late and a dollar short; better late than never; etc.

I don't know about anyone else but I am just exhausted by all of this.  I switched to CNN and I hate to say this....but it was a relief to get coverage of the storms in the midwest; interviews with people impacted, videos, etc.  I tuned back to MJ and there was Brett Stevens; switched to CBS This Morning (I miss Nora O'Donnell).  Could there be a danger of political fatigue in general and MJ in particular - at least with us, the loyal viewers?  

• Love 7
23 minutes ago, Kemper said:

I heard Meeka saying something about something ... she said she had heard it while "traveling"... !!  I think she wanted to say on a KYV stop but as stated above, maybe the network has shut some of that down.  A day late and a dollar short; better late than never; etc.

I don't know about anyone else but I am just exhausted by all of this.  I switched to CNN and I hate to say this....but it was a relief to get coverage of the storms in the midwest; interviews with people impacted, videos, etc.  I tuned back to MJ and there was Brett Stevens; switched to CBS This Morning (I miss Nora O'Donnell).  Could there be a danger of political fatigue in general and MJ in particular - at least with us, the loyal viewers?  

I agree with you Kemper.

Posting reply in Small Talk

• Love 1
1 hour ago, PennyPie18 said:

I'm still very upset over today's show. The pageantry and honors bestowed on trump by the Japanese prime minister was so over the top. Then, as Elise observed so well, trump turns around and stabs the Japanese in the eye by dismissing the missile launches by North Korea.  And takes joy in the attacks on "Bidan" by the same wacko dictator. Brett Stephens added more worries about a trump victory in 2020. Beto seems like a good guy, but is he ready for a presidential run??? And why did Joe find Elise's comment about the "stabbing in the eye" so funny????Nothing funny about it....IMHO.

Joe said that the expression' stabbing in the eye" is popular in parts of Mississippi where she grew up.

Joe said the part of Mississippi where he grew up did not use that expression.

Joe has lived in many states , so he knows all the local expressions.

America is lucky to have a commentator like Joe who knows so much about every state's local culture & expressions.

I can't wait for Mika & Joe's European Vacation next week.

There will probably be big crowds waiting to meet them. Do European women know their value? If not, Mika will advise them.

Joe was a big fan of Winston Churchill, so I expect him to be discussing how effective he was as a British PM during WW2.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

Edited by chillenout
Add something

Yes, women voting in the rain.  I can't help but think that he said this on purpose and as a snide put-down of this thread.  I am sure he must read our sarcasm about his "women standing in the rain" comments; and his ego is huge enough that he feels confident enough to poke fun at us.  He is that sure of his position at the network; sure enough to know that he can say or do just about anything, repeat himself over and over - and nothing will happen to him; his job is secure.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, Kemper said:

Yes, women voting in the rain.  I can't help but think that he said this on purpose and as a snide put-down of this thread.  I am sure he must read our sarcasm about his "women standing in the rain" comments; and his ego is huge enough that he feels confident enough to poke fun at us.  He is that sure of his position at the network; sure enough to know that he can say or do just about anything, repeat himself over and over - and nothing will happen to him; his job is secure.

Joe used to call his critics "cheetos eating basement dwellers".

Joe does not like to be criticized.

• LOL 1
(edited)

Hero of the day Jason Amash.  I saw some clips of Justin Amash's town hall on CNN last night.

I didn't know that their were democrats in the audience and not surprised that some  people admitted they had no clue what was in the Mueller report.

Yes, he got a standing ovation but were those the democrats that came out to support him?  There were two women, one was fairly young, who were angry and admonished him for attacking their president and had the typical democrats are trying to make up facts.

Allan Lichtmann and Steve Ratner are on the same page no matter how it looked this morning.  I read an article this week where they both said the same thing. This guy will be reelected.

Claire was good this morning.  Her snarky remarks about McConnel were well said.  And his supreme court comments weren't the only things he said this past week that she could have called him out on.

Edited by stormy
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Mika & Joe are in NY today. Joe said McConnell is shameless to want to appoint a Supreme Court Justice in 2020.

Joe still supports Biden. Joe is happy tht Elizabeth Warren took his advice to bring up more policy proposals.

The panel hates Bernie Sanders.

Joe said the economy could go into recession next year.

• Love 2

Joe retold his story about how successful he was at holding town halls. Joe said even people who disagreed with him in the past  were convinced that  he  was right.

Joe is a hero to everyone. Joe bragged about he was part of the 11 congressmen that removed Speaker Newt.

Joe is mad at Lindsay Graham because he didn't care about his comments.

Lindsay had the audacity to not care about Joe's opinions.

Joe mocked Lindsay for thinking he was important as a US Senator.

Mika was busy tugging at her sweater during Joe's monologue. She does not like the grey sweater. She gazed at Joe .

Joe

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
46 minutes ago, stormy said:

I read an article this week where they both said the same thing. This guy will be reelected.

Listening to the Professor on the show this morning was not encouraging.  I am pretty sure I can't do another six years of this.

• Love 1
56 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe is happy tht Elizabeth Warren took his advice to bring up more policy proposals.

Yeah Joe you don't think maybe Elizabeth Warren came up with that on her own? Are you implying that you spoke to her privately and told her how to run her campaign.

And when exactly did you tell her this? Are you advising all the campaigns?

FFS that's like me saying to no one in particular,  "when it rains use an umbrella" and then because people use umbrellas, I state "I'm so glad everyone in the world is taking MY advice". 

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
46 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Yeah Joe you don't think maybe Elizabeth Warren came up with that on her own? Are you implying that you spoke to her privately and told her how to run her campaign.

And when exactly did you tell her this? Are you advising all the campaigns?

FFS that's like me saying to no one in particular,  "when it rains use an umbrella" and then because people use umbrellas, I state "I'm so glad everyone in the world is taking MY advice". 

Joe is behind all the successful campaigns. If a campaign stumbles, its because they didn't listen to Joe.

In 2016, Joe used to brag about advising Donald Trump.

Joe reserves the right to change his mind on a campaign if their polling numbers fall.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, stormy said:

Although many inquires by several committees is not the way. to go was today's consensus.

Seeing as how the Senate will not vote to try and convict him if the House does vote to impeach him, it's a mute point. The House is holding several investigations into all facets of what the campaign and Trump did/is doing. 

Does it occur to Mr I know everything Scarborough that Amash might be thinking about taking a run at Trump?  So all this noise and publicity will help him run in the GOP primary. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Does it occur to Mr I know everything Scarborough that Amash might be thinking about taking a run at Trump?  So all this noise and publicity will help him run in the GOP primary. 

I doubt it, unless Amash thinks he can't hold his Congressional seat.  The party has already publically stoned him, someone is trying to primary him, and one of his big financial backers has announced they'll stop funding him.  

I don't get why they would be in Normandy?

Willie operating solo this morning and maybe for several mornings to come. He opened by saying Joe and Mika are on a delayed ‘extended’ honeymoon but will be covering the anniversary from  France next week. 

So far(to the extent I’ve been listening) we’ve had a very low volume discussion on Mueller’s press conference.  Eloise said that no author could produce a book and then refuse to do publicity, and how the spectacle of Mueller doing a dated FBI type press announcement  contrasts and loses out to the tweeting from the WH.  

They also discussed the USS John McCain but it was so low key I couldn’t engage with the content.

I’m almost missing Joe’s bombast. 

• Love 3

So our resident historians the Scarborough's get a free (albeit delayed) honeymoon in France and are going to ruin the D-Day remembrances for me with their vapid, phony emoting and droning.  Five bucks says Joe's book is somehow related to this and will start the promo launch.

Of all the talent MSNBC has these two are the absolute last I would send for something this important.  I'm sure Mika will be wearing a KYV hoodie.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3