Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Interesting here is a list of the coaches of that team from the school's web site.  I don't see Joe Scarborough listed.   

1984 - 2016    33 years Richard Labounty  717-228-1

2017- 2018     2 years  Sonny Reedy    43-15-0

The current coach is Seth Currie. 

Bringing juice boxes and helping with equipment isn't coaching, Joe. 

Perhaps Joe was an unofficial coach of the team? 

4 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

How do you coach a high school baseball team when you live in NY and the school is in FL? 

Joe used his studio equipment to give advice to the kids via the remotes. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

Hee! You know, if this upcoming election's outcome wasn't so very DIRE, I would just sit back and put my legs up with a glass of cold Riesling and watch it all play out.  Like I did for the year leading up to the 2016 election, laughing over Trumps antics. I think its kinda amusing how Beto was the next President and now he's been repackaged into Mayor Pete.  (I was on Beto's side until he  took that solo soul-finding tour sans wife and kids after losing the Texas election, which was overly dramatic IMHO)

I wonder who Mika will support next week ?

Its confusing that she changes her mind every week.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

You didn't read Mika's post about being mindful?  She addresses this. 

She wanted a smaller house.  

What?  There were no small-ish houses in Connecticut; or wherever they were living?  That is such total BS.  She is heroic and brave.  Just when I think I can't resent her more...this kind of stuff comes out.  

• Love 4

What exactly happened that she needed to "rest and recover".  

She should have taken off with Beto in his road tour of the Soul.  Or she could've hiked the Appalachian Trail for 5 months like the founder of Whole Foods, wearing Donny's gifted Manolos.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, xaxat said:

That was pretty amazing. Joe and the Congressman from Oklahoma managed to do ten minutes on how evil deficits are without once mentioning the signature legislation of the administration, a deficit busting tax cut.

I was listening in my car screaming at the radio.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

I love the comments from all of you.  I don't watch Morning Joe as I'm not a morning person (I tried to watch back in early 2016 and was appalled at the way they tossed softball questions to Trump and had him on so many times). So now, I "watch" the show via your posts. Thanks for the chuckles and the updates.

• Love 8

Love that you guys outed Joe as not being the head coach at Pensacola Catholic...one of those guys, like Trump, always lying about his accomplishments etc...God he bugs

• Love 6

Mika just flailed her way through Comey’s NYT OpEd, which, despite my dislike of Comey, I found profound and scary. Too bad neither she nor Joe demonstrate any self awareness about their own souls being eaten.

Also, Woodward is on and TWICE he said “nukular.” What is wrong with people?????

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
10 minutes ago, Eliot said:

Mika just flailed her way through Comey’s NYT OpEd, which, despite my dislike of Comey, I found profound and scary. Too bad neither she nor Joe demonstrate any self awareness about their own souls being eaten.

Also, Woodward is on and TWICE he said “nukular.” What is wrong with people?????

Hey we need to cut her some slack today as it's her birthday and I believe I heard them babble that their coverage will continue past their normal timeslot (yikes O/T!) which is ironic since Barr already announced he isn't going to show up.  I guess we can use the term "coverage" lightly because if I want to look at empty chairs I'll go check out the IKEA site.

And Anderson Cooper is having a townhall with Comey and I am all in.  Spill that tea Jimbo!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I tuned in just in time to hear the last minute or so from Bob Woodward.  From that, going forward to the rest of the show, we are living in terrifying times.  Kamala Harris and Andrea Mitchell only added to my angst.  

I so wish we could get real analysis and commentary from The Twins.  But honestly, maybe that is not in the job description; they are there to move the discussion along.  Except Joe is only interested in pontificating and Meeka is Meeka.  To her credit, she tries to keep things on track; except when it involves herself and the projects of the two of them.  But she is right in her horrified reaction to what is going on.

• Love 4

Joe Scarborough (and Mika, but Joe just tells her what to think she she does it) was ALL IN with Barr when this whole thing started, as were a lot of the media. He made fun of people not believing his summary letter. He made fun of folks who didn’t trust it. He said, repeatedly, “Its a good thing when the President isn’t corrupt!” And now he’s playing the other side, but let me guess - he hasn’t apologized to the folks he belittled when it was clear something was rotten? 

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

Joe Scarborough (and Mika, but Joe just tells her what to think she she does it) was ALL IN with Barr when this whole thing started, as were a lot of the media. He made fun of people not believing his summary letter. He made fun of folks who didn’t trust it. He said, repeatedly, “Its a good thing when the President isn’t corrupt!” And now he’s playing the other side, but let me guess - he hasn’t apologized to the folks he belittled when it was clear something was rotten? 

How about that rant at 8 am when, as only Joe can, he made the hearing about himself. 

"I am always right, I always know better, you can thank me later".  

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

Joe never apologizes for his past comments.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, The Solution said:
1 hour ago, Chloesmom said:

Hey we need to cut her some slack today as it's her birthday

Happy 67th!

This witch has powerful spells which make her look younger than her years. Bring the cake made from tears of her children, and the man husband who bellows in his sorrow. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Mika made me ill this morning. I'm so over her sounding the alarm on this fire that she and Joe fanned in 2015-16.

Instead of direly telling us we're living in dangerous times (Mrs Dumbledore) I want to hear a public apology from the two of them.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Kemper said:

I tuned in just in time to hear the last minute or so from Bob Woodward.  From that, going forward to the rest of the show, we are living in terrifying times.  Kamala Harris and Andrea Mitchell only added to my angst.  

I so enjoyed the interview with Kamala Harris. Serious, but with a little bit of humor (don't we all need some right about now??) thrown in. Her questioning of Barr was clearly making him nervous. I know Bob Woodward is famous for investigating the Watergate scandal, but his speech pattern tends to be slow.....just age related? Yes, angst is now part of my life, too.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Eliot said:

Most excellent observation re: the two suck-up interviewers of '15-'16.

Who started pronouncing nuclear as nu-ku-lar? Can we blame Jimmy Carter?

• Love 2
On 5/1/2019 at 2:24 PM, WhineandCheez said:

She should have taken off with Beto in his road tour of the Soul.  Or she could've hiked the Appalachian Trail for 5 months like the founder of Whole Foods, wearing Donny's gifted Manolos.

Gee, I missed this story about Beto. Where did he go? How long was he gone? What exactly is a "road tour of the Soul" anyway? Was this before or after he declared his candidacy??

13 hours ago, PennyPie18 said:

Gee, I missed this story about Beto. Where did he go? How long was he gone? What exactly is a "road tour of the Soul" anyway? Was this before or after he declared his candidacy??

He was bummed out about losing and just started driving around TX and I think the country, talking to people or something.  It was really weird. 

It was before declaring. 

• Love 1
(edited)

He was on the cover of Vanity Fair and the did an entire article on him mentioning it.

This AM Joe was even more annoying than the usual high-decibel amount of annoying he is.  I don't remember what the story was (it was about 7:15 AM) but everytime someone said something he kept piping in with the same quip. (EDITED)  I remember where Joe was annoying.  It was when the poll of trump vs numerous Democratic candidates was read, and in each case the Dem beat Trump.  Joe chimed in loudly after each name was read and it was really stupid.  Yeah MJ, let's follow the polls BY ALL MEANS.  It's not like that method was ever wrong or anything...

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

The only part I saw this morning was the announcement it's Willie's birthday and as a "joke", which it didn't look like Willie appreciated in the least, they used the footage of the women singing happy birthday to her highness, but dubbed in Joe saying "Willie" every time the group sang "Mika". 

It was really stupid, but then again, it was Joe's idea. 

Also Donnie has a show now? I heard this on Nicolle, but didn't know wtf they were talking about. And it sounds like Joe might have helped Donnie sell it to Phil.

Why is Joe pushing all these people to have shows, so he can build up a network of lackeys that owe him and Mika?  Run a way children! It's not worth it.

Remember Mika's story about the bosses telling her not to work with him that he's a loser!! 

They already have Yasmin & Kasie retweeting everything they do, that must be part of the pact. 

• Love 5

Friday Recap. Mika & joe are in Florida. It's Willie's birthday. Joe re dubbed yesterday's birthday tribute about Mika with the name Willie. It was poor quality.

Donnie is getting a show on Saturday night.

The polls show that everyone is beating Trump.

Joe is mad at Barr for lying to Congress.

Heidi found out that Bernie Sanders did not support  a pro gun bill. This will hurt him with young voters.

• Love 4

Joe complained about Trump.

Joe said China is not  threat. Joe admitted that they are rival.

Eugene mocked Trump for saying Mexico is taking jobs away from the USA.

Joe is not worried about low wage Chinese political pundits taking over his job.

• Love 2

I tuned out when the discussion went to same-old-same old.  Well, that is a good bit of the time.  I think I switched during the birthday wishes.  Then.

I tuned in maybe 15 minutes before the show was over and saw the last bit of the Michael Bennett interview; I love him and did not know he was going to be on.  Willie and Barnicle asked some questions.  Then it was over when Meeka thanked him and they went to another tired piece on Biden.  Was the interview long and it was time to break away? I would have loved to hear a few more questions.  Then again, maybe they asked him a lot before I tuned in.  Did Joe and Meeka ask him anything?  Meeka did say they would "definitely" have him on again.  Maybe he will be the next Mayor Pete to The Twins.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Was the interview long and it was time to break away? I would have loved to hear a few more questions.  Then again, maybe they asked him a lot before I tuned in.  Did Joe and Meeka ask him anything?  Meeka did say they would "definitely" have him on again.  Maybe he will be the next Mayor Pete to The Twins.

He was on Rachel last night, there's a podcast of her show so you can hear her interview.  She usually talks to them for 20 minutes or so. 

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, millennium said:

Am I watching MSNBC or ESPN?   Nearly 10 minutes of Kentucky Derby bullshit.

Agreed, I couldn't grab the remote fast enough.  Not a fan of horseracing at all and I can't wait until everyone gets over what happened and stops running that film clip non-stop.

And I agree about Cohen.  That was the part of Donny's show I was disappointed in (when he had Steve Madden on).  Don't want to hear about Misbehaved Millionaire Rehab.  No I do not.

So it looks like Tom Nichols is the new John Podhoretz?

• Love 3

I am growing increasingly irked by the use of the word "Dems" to refer to Democrats. It's becoming more and more prevalent in the media.   Now Trump is doing it as reported on today's show, "No redos for the Dems."    Are the two extra syllables really that hard to say?   Why is it okay for everyone to say or write Re-pub-li-cans, but not Democrats?   

• Love 4
2 hours ago, millennium said:

Joe said that his dad was from Kentucky. The Scarborough family would wake up early on Derby Day to discuss the race. Joe became an expert on the topic by listening to his dad. Mika used to ride horses & Ratner raced. They discussed why the horse went through the puddle and into the other lane.

Joe said there were too many horses at the race. Mika doesn't like horse racing. People can get killed.

Joe said Maximum Security was the best horse. Joe does not like replays on horse racing.

Joe said War of Will could have fallen down.

Viewres re lucky that Joe is an expert on horse racing.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Joe is mad at Pompeo for supporting Trump. 

Joe said Pompeo is a day trader & will be out of office when Trump loses the election.

Joe said no one believes Pompeo

• Love 3

It's 8:40 EST and what, no love for Mika's New Book being released tomorrow?  It's geared to young women, teaching them how to get what they want. Can't this be done by kindle downloading the words, "Have an affair with your boss"

Joe used the word "beclowned today."  ( I think I wrote a post about this a year ago also!)

Those of you who watch rather than listen like me have no idea just how often Mika says, under her breath, "Wow."  It comprises about 35% of everything other than going-to-commercial-announcements that she says.  And its not in the fashion of "You just won Ironman--Wow."

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe said Pompeo is a day trader & will be out of office when Trump loses the election.

Yeah that's normally how that works Joe. If you're in a President's cabinet, when they leave office, you leave too. 

This is the brilliance of Joe's political expertise?  JFC

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, millennium said:

Did they mention what Trump tweeted yesterday (about how the win was somehow PC)?  Or was it just that this is another thing on which Joe is an expert?

My favorite response to Trump's tweet was "There were good horses on both sides."

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
(edited)
32 minutes ago, Jordan Baker said:

Did they mention what Trump tweeted yesterday (about how the win was somehow PC)?  Or was it just that this is another thing on which Joe is an expert?

My favorite response to Trump's tweet was "There were good horses on both sides."

There was no mention of Trump's tweet until 7 16 am. Joesaid Trump's tweet does not make sense.

Edited by oakville
34 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe said that his dad was from Kentucky. The Scarborough family would wake up early on Derby Day to discuss the race. Joe became an expert on the topic by listening to his dad. Mika used to ride horses & Ratner raced. They discussed why the horse went through the puddle and into the other lane.

A jockey can't change "lanes" and block another horse.  Maximum Security came off the rail and moved in front of another horse almost bumping into him.  The jockey of the other horse had to pull up just to stay seated.  Here's the replay to show exactly what happened. It was a good call.  Even if he hadn't "won", there would have been a protest for interfering with the forward progress of the other horses.  

You know how you become an expert, Joe? By watching the horses, understanding the rules of horse racing, listening to the trainers and jockeys, and not basing your expertise on your father's "stories". 

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/04/sports/kentucky-derby-live.html

39 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe said Maximum Security was the best horse. Joe does not like replays on horse racing.

The replay is called for when the owner of the disqualified horse protested. 

• Love 3

Joe explained why tariffs are wrong. He said Americans pay the tax on imported goods.

Ratner admitted that China steals American technology. Joe admitted that China is not playing fair.

Tom Nichols, who is a former 5 time Jeopardy champ said it was a political strategy by Trump.

• Love 2