Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

What's up with all the strange faces Mika was making this morning??? Did anyone else notice how she glared into the camera? I quit watching for a while, but I did get to hear Heidi's report, Gene's opinions, and the talk about the situation in Iraq. Some guests are interesting, and worth watching, others....meh.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Tom Holmberg said:

Doesn't she make those face every morning?  Or did she come up with new ones?

I suppose she does, Tom! But, for some reason I was almost fixated on her strange facial expressions, and, of course, the adoring glances at her Adonis.

• LOL 3
28 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

What did Heidi have to say? 

This was at the very beginning of the show. The discussion was mainly focused on Biden's commanding lead in the polls, topping Sander's 20% by 40%. Heidi made the point how trump sent out angry tweets regarding the Firefighter's Union endorsing Biden, and how this could have actually helped Biden. I stopped watching for a while, since Joe was talking non-stop and Heidi just quietly sat there. She may have spoken more, but I didn't see it. 

• Love 3

I cannot believe that they have Susanne Craig on, who broke the NYT story on Trump’s taxes, and yet they spend 10 minutes on stupid stuff, including soccer. And really, Mika should just crawl into Joe’s lap - it’s clear that’s where she wants to be. They are so frustrating when there is breaking news and they choose to mug for the cameras. They didn’t even have questions ready for the reporter. Why couldn’t it be Ali Velshi and Steph Ruhle instead?

• Love 6

Overall, the first hour of the show was pretty good although depressing.

trump trying to have Mueller report sealed?

Jake Sherman: republicans not moved by NYT story.  Just want to get past 2020.

• Love 1

The New York Times reporter was on Lawrence's show last night and she was excellent.  She had lots of time to talk and explain the story.  But that is because the host of the show does not use huge chunks of time to talk about himself and his projects.  

• Love 8

Meeka's body language during the discussion re Sarah Lawrence students being manipulated by the father of one of them.  She was literally squirming in her seat.  Any notice this?  I grabbed the remote when Joe started shouting about his kids.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, may flowers said:

I cannot believe that they have Susanne Craig on, who broke the NYT story on Trump’s taxes, and yet they spend 10 minutes on stupid stuff, including soccer. And really, Mika should just crawl into Joe’s lap - it’s clear that’s where she wants to be. They are so frustrating when there is breaking news and they choose to mug for the cameras. They didn’t even have questions ready for the reporter. Why couldn’t it be Ali Velshi and Steph Ruhle instead?

They were very rude to her. Joe was making fun of all the newspapers he had on his desk.

Mika was rude to her co author on her new book yesterday. She made her sit in the audience while Joe got to sit with her at the head table while plugging her book. It made no sense because Joe had nothing to do with this book.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
34 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

I can do without Mika ever pretending to have a British accent, or talk about sports.  She ruined Liverpool's unbelievable victory for me.
She is the worst.

Oh man that was brutal to listen to.  I know zip about the game but her little squeeks, squeals and "kick, KICK!" were just gross.  For a second I thought it may have been a tape of her and the mister getting busy on the set.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, may flowers said:

I am glad I missed the majority of this as I saw a couple of excellent interviews with Susanne last night so I am up to speed.  What a waste of her valuable time.  I have seen her many times before and she is an excellent guest.  Always fully prepared, speaks well and has a great sense of humor.  What a waste of her time as I'm sure she is getting pounded with requests right now.

• Love 5
55 minutes ago, oakville said:

They were very rude to her. Joe was making fun of all the newspapers he had on his desk.

Mika was rude to her co author on her new book yesterday. She made her sit in the audience while Joe got to sit with her at the head table while plugging her book. It made no sense because Joe had nothing to do with this book.

I guess I missed The View appearance eh?  In retrospect it was probably for the best as those two are on quite a tear this week.  And I'm not at all surprised that they made her co-author sit in the audience.  That's where all loyal subjects sit.  Seriously Oakville, I totally agree.  He should have been in the audience for heavens sake!  Geez those two.

1 hour ago, Kemper said:

Meeka's body language during the discussion re Sarah Lawrence students being manipulated by the father of one of them.  She was literally squirming in her seat.  Any notice this?  I grabbed the remote when Joe started shouting about his kids.

Kemper, was this on the show today or on The View yesterday?  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

The last hour of the show was live. Do M&J get paid overtime?

The last 10 minutes of the show were devoted to Liverpool v Barcelona (as was the opening).  Because evidently we have to listen to one of Joe's personal interests that have nothing to with anyone but him.

Edited by stormy
  • Love 4

Chloesmom...the squirming was on the show today; if someone has dvr'd or taped the show, take a look.  Did she ever go to an all-girl's school? 

Two guys have authored a book about the father of a student at Sarah Lawrence who moved into the dorm (it was coed) and proceeded to act as a Svengali to his daughter's friends.  I missed the first part of the discussion and missed the last (that was when Joe went off on "his kids").  I am not sure I even understood what they were talking about because I was distracted at the time and only looked up to see Meeka's uncomfortable-ness.  New word!

• Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, stormy said:

The last 10 minutes of the show were devoted to Liverpool v Barcelona (as was the opening). Why?

A few reasons!
[and I took 'em to the small talk thread]

Edited by Landsnark
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, oakville said:

It made no sense because Joe had nothing to do with this book.

The bad news is that Joe's memoirs are being published in Sept. so we have to put up with days of him and Mika hyping this great work of litterature (spelling intentional). 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Kemper said:

The New York Times reporter was on Lawrence's show last night and she was excellent.  She had lots of time to talk and explain the story.  But that is because the host of the show does not use huge chunks of time to talk about himself and his projects.  

I was fortunate to see LOD's interview with Susanne Craig. Such a difference, and I, too, thought JoeMeeka  were rather rude and unprofessional when speaking with her. She seemed uncomfortable, especially at the beginning when they were talking about, to use a previous poster's phrase, "stupid stuff including soccer". That Sarah Lawrence report is really disturbing. What was/is  wrong with those young girls allowing their lives to be taken over by such a pervert?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Kemper said:

Two guys have authored a book about the father of a student at Sarah Lawrence who moved into the dorm

Not a book, but an article in New York Magazine.  The article has been option by Mark Wahlberg for a movie.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, Tom Holmberg said:

The bad news is that Joe's memoirs are being published in Sept. so we have to put up with days of him and Mika hyping this great work of litterature (spelling intentional). 

No, please, no! They will still be hyping KYV and predicting a Pulitzer Prize award for one/or both of these masterpieces of litterature (great one, Tom!)

• Love 4
8 hours ago, cased said:

I noticed that Mika is doing some sort of interview with Jill Biden this evening in Philadelphia, so it may be Joe solo tomorrow. 

No it was the twosome.  

However, Joe gave a bio of Joe Biden that was quite moving.  

(edited)

Is it just me, or is Joe's level of disrespect for Mika elevated today?   Each time I've bothered to pay attention, he's been steamrolling over her.   Just now she was easing out of the block and previewing the one coming after the break when he just broke into it full bore, talking nonsense and laughing uproariously at his own 'humor' to the point that the time just ran out and cut him off mid-sentence.  

Mika being the (😖) face of women Knowing Their Value has got to be some kind of joke, right?   She's punking us, right?   She knows she's married to a bullying control freak, right?  I wonder how much value she'd have if she didn't enjoy the Dr. Zbig cachet.

Edited by Ladyrain
  • Love 9
(edited)

Holy cow she just now said  "Mosco" instead of Moscow! I didn't believe the poster who said she did it the other day. WTF?? Is that how Dr Z said it, so she's being all continental about it?

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

Thursday Recap. First topic is that the Red Sox won the game and now have 19 wins & losses. The white players & JD Martinez are going to the White House. The other players are not going. Joe would not go to the White House if he was part of the Red Sox.

Joe said he did understand why some players would go to the White House. Joe was upset about the racial divide on the team.

Joe interrupted Mika at 6 07 am to talk more sports. Tottenham scored 3 goals in the second half.

Willie plugged his dad's book.

This show is becoming Morning Book Club. Everyone on the show has a book to sell.

Mika interviewed Jill Biden last night. Joe stayed off the stage during Mika's interview

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

The 9-a-Level Memorial Glade.

In other news, the stoic musings of Douchebro and Mika about teenage heroes in the face of school shooters is terribly misguided.  Chris Cuomo did it last night, too, to such a pompous, histrionic degree that I had to turn off the show.

What everyone refuses to address is WHY these kids are shooting up their schools and classmates.   Used to be, you would learn about the shooters' lives in the wake of shootings and more often than not, it would be discovered they were subjected to bullying or other forms of abuse.   All that has now gone out the window.   It's easier to dismiss the shooters as "cowards" and victims as "heroes."   Easier and more dramatic to Monday-morning quarterback the aftermath than address the causes of these tragedies.   But until it's understood WHY these shootings are happening, and why they are escalating, there will never be a stop to it.   Yes, access to guns is a big problem, but what about the deeper question -- why are these kids reaching for guns?

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Ladyrain said:

Is it just me, or is Joe's level of disrespect for Mika elevated today?   Each time I've bothered to pay attention, he's been steamrolling over her.   Just now she was easing out of the block and previewing the one coming after the break when he just broke into it full bore, talking nonsense and laughing uproariously at his own 'humor' to the point that the time just ran out and cut him off mid-sentence.  

Mika being the (😖) face of women Knowing Their Value has got to be some kind of joke, right?   She's punking us, right?   She knows she's married to a bullying control freak, right?  I wonder how much value she'd have if she didn't enjoy the Dr. Zbig cachet.

He's probably all KYV'd out by now.  I think he has a gig tonight so he's all rock and roll spotlight on me today.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
38 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe said he wants the show to be more like Regis & Kathie Lee.

It's more like Jim and Tammy Faye Baker complete with bad make up, big hair, shameless shilling and an occasional bible verse thrown in for effect.  Praise the Lord and pass the loot.

Edited by Chloesmom
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, oakville said:

She said it was a waste of time.

I wonder what Mika does in her free time. She doesn’t read, she doesn’t like any films, her chicken-craze-of-the-hour is obviously over, she doesn’t prep the show...

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Joe wants the Democratic nominee to support limiting abortion on children after 20 weeks.

Joe complained about Republicans not supporting background checks.

Clire Macaskill wants more contraceptions in schools

• Love 1

What happened during the talk with Ari? Was Claire watching something on her phone and the sound could be heard? Clearly, Ari seemed a little miffed. We now know they aspire to be the next Regis and Kathy Lee show. So, why are they still on a cable news network???? I like Dr. Jill Biden.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, Tom Holmberg said:

Joe's memoirs should be entertaining to read. I wonder if he will include a CD with all his rock star performances ?

I suspect Joe will put a positive spin on his time in Congress & on TV.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, PennyPie18 said:

What happened during the talk with Ari? Was Claire watching something on her phone and the sound could be heard? Clearly, Ari seemed a little miffed. We now know they aspire to be the next Regis and Kathy Lee show. So, why are they still on a cable news network???? I like Dr. Jill Biden.

Mika & Joe did pitch taking over CBS Morning News before they hired Gayle King & Charlie Rose. CBS did not want Mika on the show because she tested poorly with female viewers.

I think Chris the former Executive Producer of Morning Joe went to CBS to run the show.

Joe refused to take the job, so they stayed with MSNBC.

• Love 2

I have to wonder if Meeka is actively trying to change her image so that she would test better with female viewers.  I my opinion it is not working;  but different strokes.  I can see how she may appeal to younger women.  Than me.  I.  

Geez I cannot Claire Mck.  I cannot stand her voice, her superior attitude and the fawning that Joe & Company do over her.  I wish she had signed with another network; I can only imagine how often she is going to be on as we head into the election season.  As if we ever left.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, XOQueens said:

I wonder what Mika does in her free time. She doesn’t read, she doesn’t like any films, her chicken-craze-of-the-hour is obviously over, she doesn’t prep the show...

Scrapbooking would be my guess. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Chloesmom said:

Wow, didn't they Know Her Value?

Clearly, yes they did.

She has a fundamental phoniness.   I don't think she has ever shown the real Mika, even once.   It's all practiced and posed and stiff.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

She has a fundamental phoniness.   I don't think she has ever shown the real Mika, even once.   It's all practiced and posed and stiff.

Her I Don't Watch Movie Schtick drives me batty.  Its like the people who loudly proclaim they don't watch TV.

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, millennium said:

I have this in my family so I can see her a mile away.  She will never be happy no matter what happens.  Jump through all the hoops you want you will always disappoint as God forbid she pick up an emotional check.  Just wait until these two narcissists can't find anyone else to blame for whatever is ailing them.  It ain't gonna be pretty.

Edited by Chloesmom
Gah spelling!
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3