Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

I often wonder what the problem is with Morning Joe that they can't book more relevant Democrats more frequently.   Do the Dems harbor resentments against Scarbro because of his past affiliations?    For a show this prominent, they also seem to have very limited access to influential Republicans.  All we get is Rand Paul, Rand Paul, Rand Paul (I keep hoping one of these days the booking agent will screw up and bring on Ru Paul).

• Love 7
9 hours ago, millennium said:

I liked that Moulton divorced himself from Nancy Pelosi.   I have nothing against Pelosi except that she hasn't done anything noteworthy in years, presides over a whipped party and shows no sign of inspiring any significant changes.   I hate to say it, but she's in her dotage and her "low energy" (to borrow a phrase) seems to have permeated the party itself ... at a time when precisely the opposite is desperately needed.   Scarborough keeps talking about a "blue wave" and an "energized electorate."   It's like the burden of being energized has been placed entirely upon the average citizen while our elected Democratic representatives have abdicated all responsibility of promoting a climate of hope and fervor.    How are we supposed to mount a revolution with no leaders?

Why are women not given credit for their accomplishments? Mika has made a bundle off her hypocritical nonsense of 'knowing her value' but she and most other women won't value the amazing work that Nancy Pelosi has done. During her two year stint when the Democrats had the majority in the House, they passed more legislation in one term than had been passed in decades and since then, she has managed to keep the Democrats in line to stand strong against the worst of the legislation that the Republicans have been proposing. Of her predecessors, Newt Gingrinch had to resign in shame and Hastert is currently sitting in prison. Her successor Boehner quit in disgrace and is killing himself with alcohol and boy wonder Ryan has been a total flop and is giving up because he can't accomplish anything. And yet it's Nancy Pelosi, the Democrat's biggest fund raiser and the one who is still wrangling her herd of cats in the House to stand united, who is the butt of so much derision. Democrats need to learn how to sing their own praises so the public is more aware of how much success they have had.

• Love 16
(edited)
12 minutes ago, shok said:

Why are women not given credit for their accomplishments? Mika has made a bundle off her hypocritical nonsense of 'knowing her value' but she and most other women won't value the amazing work that Nancy Pelosi has done. During her two year stint when the Democrats had the majority in the House, they passed more legislation in one term than had been passed in decades and since then, she has managed to keep the Democrats in line to stand strong against the worst of the legislation that the Republicans have been proposing. Of her predecessors, Newt Gingrinch had to resign in shame and Hastert is currently sitting in prison. Her successor Boehner quit in disgrace and is killing himself with alcohol and boy wonder Ryan has been a total flop and is giving up because he can't accomplish anything. And yet it's Nancy Pelosi, the Democrat's biggest fund raiser and the one who is still wrangling her herd of cats in the House to stand united, who is the butt of so much derision. Democrats need to learn how to sing their own praises so the public is more aware of how much success they have had.

Unfortunately, Pelosi doesn't score very high on the "what have you done for me lately" meter.  I don't think it has anything to do with her being a woman.   I have the same complaint about Schumer.   Pelosi and Schumer have allowed Trump to drown out any message the Democrats might have.   I have lost count of how many times I have seen Trump doing something outrageously unacceptable and have wondered "Where the hell are the Democrats?   Why aren't they saying something?   ANYTHING?   Why don't they get angry?"   The Democrats are largely invisible these days.   I believe Scarborough has had the same complaint and I have to agree with him.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, millennium said:

Unfortunately, Pelosi doesn't score very high on the "what have you done for me lately" meter.  I don't think it has anything to do with her being a woman.   I have the same complaint about Schumer.   Pelosi and Schumer have allowed Trump to drown out any message the Democrats might have.   I have lost count of how many times I have seen Trump doing something outrageously unacceptable and have wondered "Where the hell are the Democrats?   Why aren't they saying something?   ANYTHING?   Why don't they get angry?"   The Democrats are largely invisible these days.   I believe Scarborough has had the same complaint and I have to agree with him.

They are saying something. Unfortunately, on a national scale, they're having trouble getting their voices heard over the noise of the Trump circus. What's going to be the lead story on Morning Joe? Trump putting on his own party or Jeff Merkley reporting that immigrant children are being held in cages? A pundit reported last week that the NYT ran SEVEN stories one day about Trump and his nonsense and not one single one quoted a Democratic source for a response. When Scarborough starts reporting some news on his show instead of nothing but Trump Trump Trump, only then can he complain about the Democrats being invisible. Fortunately the local news must still be reporting on Democrat policies because they're still winning elections like the one last night where they flipped a House seat in Missouri.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, shok said:

A pundit reported last week that the NYT ran SEVEN stories one day about Trump and his nonsense and not one single one quoted a Democratic source for a response.

Then it is up to the Democrats to change that -- and they're not.  

After more than a year, they are still mostly invisible.   They need to make some noise.   Instead all we hear about is how Democrats are studiously avoiding the word "impeachment" out of fear that moderates will not vote for them.

Enough with defense.  Play offense.   November is less than 5 months away.

In answer to your question, the opening story on Morning Joe is ancient history.   I feel like I'm watching Tom Brokaw and "The Greatest Generation."

Why does Barnicle always seem on the verge of making a "I Was That Boy" speech?

• Love 5
1 minute ago, millennium said:

Then it is up to the Democrats to change that -- and they're not.  

After more than a year, they are still mostly invisible.   They need to make some noise.   Instead all we hear about is how Democrats are studiously avoiding the word "impeachment" out of fear that moderates will not vote for them.

Enough with defense.  Play offense.   November is less than 5 months away.

In answer to your question, the opening story on Morning Joe is ancient history.   I feel like I'm watching Tom Brokaw and "The Greatest Generation."

How? How to they force the NYT to print their responses because you can be sure, they'd have plenty to say. Chuck Schumer is infamous for being a media hog - the joke is don't try and get between a camera and Schumer. How do they force Bloviator Joe to have Democratic guests and report on Democratic issues. You know that's not gonna happen.

And I disagree that they're avoiding the word impeachment. They've tried to take a more global approach to the problems in politics and called a big news conference last week to talk about how they planned to work to get money and corruption out of politics. Did Joe report on that or have a Dem on to discuss it? No, of course not. They can scream from the rooftops but if the media won't report it, they're screwed, just like in 2016 when Hillary, the ultimate wonk had policy positions on every issue under the sun but the media refused to talk about anything but her emails. It's a huge dilemma for them but how do they get an ignoramus like Joe to change his game when it's Trumpism that gets them ratings.

• Love 7
(edited)

Wow the lameness of the guests this hour!  Well the good news is leaves plenty of time for Joe to talk about himself and his feelings. Plenty of time for Mika to slow read the TelePrompTer as if she has vision problems. 

Edited by novhappy
  • Love 1
39 minutes ago, shok said:

How? How to they force the NYT to print their responses because you can be sure, they'd have plenty to say. Chuck Schumer is infamous for being a media hog - the joke is don't try and get between a camera and Schumer. How do they force Bloviator Joe to have Democratic guests and report on Democratic issues. You know that's not gonna happen.

Maybe they need to say something new and substantial.  

Good grief, this show is tiresome today.   Now 7 minutes on Scarbro's Little League coaching experiences.   Why don't they just install some barber chairs on this set to complete the atmosphere.

• Love 7

First time I've seen the show in a while and can't believe how boring it is!  Not the place to tune in for news, that's for sure!

Wow Bob Costa sure lost a lot of weight..... have to say he looks a bit scary now lol

• Love 4
46 minutes ago, millennium said:

Why don't they just install some barber chairs on this set to complete the atmosphere.

Good one.  And while they're at it, maybe they could employ a professional 'coiffer' to give Meeks a hair color that actually exists in nature.  As I've posted before, my mother had that color - naturally - at 80 years old.  It was beautiful on her.  At 80.  Why is Mika aging herself?  Old pics and vids of MJ's early days show her with such a pretty honey blonde color.  Maybe she's going for the Monroe or Mansfield look now.  Mika, I knew (who Marilyn was) Marilyn.  You're no Marilyn.

I agree with a lot of the points being made here.  I hope all of these comments are not considered "off topic" and get deleted.   Because Morning Joe is the quintessential issue in many ways.  News show...on every morning...constant political discussion...but same tired message and guests.  Who does the bookings?

Where are Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren?  I like Eric Swalwell, he is on often and seems to have potential.  But he calmly sits there, quietly voicing his concerns.  Jeez, even Joe has more passion and fire than the usual MJ guests.  Can't stand him, but Rand Paul manages to get his ridiculous talking points in without much interruption.  Maybe the thing is that Joe doesn't want anyone on who will outshine him when it comes to outrage; and he is outraged a good bit of the time.

I want to get my news in the morning; I want political discussion; I want to be drawn in, no matter what the political persuasion of the guest is.  I would like to fist pump once in awhile when a vocal Dem gets passionate.  Joe is actually the only passionate person on the show most of the time.  And he fakes it!  

For the record, I love Nancy Pelosi...she has done so much for women and her party.  But it is time for new leadership and I look to some of the tv talk/news shows for inspiration.  Not getting much - shows like MJ would be a wonderful platform for a hopeful.  Someone who could overtalk Joe and make a few quips.  Joe actually has a bit of humor and sometimes gets a good one in there.  Meeka, of course, never gets it.  Bless her heart.

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Who does the bookings?

MJ got a new booker 3-4 months ago and still no luck getting better guests on.  Part of me thinks it's because they also compete with NBC's Today Show (why bother doing both when you get a much bigger hit on the network show) but part of me thinks folks don't want to deal with them.  I have seen more than my share of people look around uncomfortably when the train starts to jump the tracks plus those two are the worst interviewers I have ever seen.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, millennium said:

Now 7 minutes on Scarbro's Little League coaching experiences.  

Mika posted a photo on Twitter of Joe yelling at the kids. I responded "I'm sure the kids love being screamed at by Joe. Has he told them he was in Congress?" 

Hey Barnicle!!! I live in Indianapolis and remember the evening Martin Luther King was killed, and that Bobby Kennedy was here and gave a speech in a neighborhood park at 17th & Broadway, calming the crowd and keeping the people of Indianapolis from rioting. 

I was standing at the front door when my boyfriend dropped me off after we went to Steak & Shake. My best friend Cindy was with us.  My mom came out and told us about it. 

Do I get to come on Morning Joe and talk about it ad nauseum like it makes me important to remember something? 

56 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

Why is Mika aging herself? 

She doesn't seem to understand that your hair and your skin shouldn't be the same color. And that your lips aren't naturally taupe. And no one's cheeks flush brown. Whoever does her make up sucks. A little pink to the cheeks and lips, less shiny highlighter, and lowlights and she'd look more human and less like a walking light bulb. 

• Love 9

I just wonder if that with the hosts and guests, since November 8, 2016, that they aren't suffering with fatigue.  I know that the news exhausts me and sometimes, I just have to take a mental health day and not watch. But, when the news is your job.....I can't imagine. 

• Love 3

By the way, drink.  Joe transitions a segment on Sarah Huckabee being a liar towards Susan Page to kick the topic to her.  He greets her and she smiles, then he rants, "Susan, you were there during the Clinton administration.  You saw time and again the lies..."  and so on.  Her smile and brightness in her eyes melts and concern and bewilderment take their place.
I wish that just once, someone would say, "What the fuck are you talking about?"

This show has collapsed under its own weight.  They don't prep enough for it to be serious and weighty, and they aren't normal enough for it to be effervescent and fun. 

• Love 10

I turned off the show and put on CNN as soon as they announced that their next topic was going to be the anniversary of D-Day and Bobby Kennedy's death with guests Chris Matthews, Tom Brokaw, and -- I think -- Michael Beschloss:  people who we just haven't heard from since 12 hours ago. (I could be wrong on that last one because, as soon as they announced Matthews and Brokaw, I let out a long Wookie-type groan). If Bobby Kennedy wasn't already dead Matthews would be beating him to death with his Bobby Kennedy book, just as he is the rest of us.

Anyway, right before they announced that, they did have a Democrat on: Senator Tina Smith who took Franken's seat. And what did they talk about with her? They asked her how difficult was it to raise money for Senate races while actually being a senator. (Not an unimportant topic, but really?) Secondly, they asked her whether Minnesotans were asking her about Al Franken. (Gahhhhhhh!) Hello! You guys -- especially Mika -- you did your darndest to help drive that very effective Senator for the Dems out of office. Now that it's done, why do you *now* care what Minnesotans think? No one gave *them* a choice in the matter, so why do you care now what they think, and why ask Tina Smith? Go and ask ordinary voters in Minnesota if that question is so important that you had to spend valuable time discussing it with the sitting senator. 

Every once in a while they do have other Dems on, like Senators Blumenthal, Warner, and Murphy, but it's always to address Trump scandals rather than what the Dems are doing and what they hope to do if they control Congress again.  It's all Trump all the time, unless it's about whether Monica Lewinsky is owed an apology. 

• Love 12

Reason Pelosi keeps getting elected minority leader or speaker is that she fundraises for a lot of other Democratic congressional candidates.

They literally owe her their seats.

She's been vilified simply because she's a Democrat and a woman.

They basically did the same thing to her that they did to Hilary.

It's sad that some Democrats are being suckered in with the VRWC once again.

Do they really think if they had another leader, he or she WON'T be vilified again?  They did it to Reid, Trump is vilifying Schumer and it goes on.

• Love 13

All we get is Rand Paul, Rand Paul, Rand Paul (I keep hoping one of these days the booking agent will screw up and bring on Ru Paul).

This is the Greatest Post to Have Ever Appeared on the MJ Forum.  WERK BITCHES!!!!

• Love 7
12 hours ago, millennium said:

I often wonder what the problem is with Morning Joe that they can't book more relevant Democrats more frequently.   Do the Dems harbor resentments against Scarbro because of his past affiliations?    For a show this prominent, they also seem to have very limited access to influential Republicans.  All we get is Rand Paul, Rand Paul, Rand Paul (I keep hoping one of these days the booking agent will screw up and bring on Ru Paul).

This show became well known because of the 2008 GOP/Democratic primaries. That's when I thought the show was amazing. They had great guests. Everybody wanted to be on the show.  No one thought, ( except Dr Z. ) that Obama would beat Hillary. Joe was a fan of Hillary. Joe railed against Obama running for President after being in the Senate for 2 years. Joe bragged in 2008 that he was in Congress for 6 years & he never even considered running for the Senate. Joe did not mention his divorce from wife #1 & the deceased intern when he talking in 2008.

Mika & Joe have burnt a lot of bridges in the GOP & Democratic party. No one wants to go on their show.

• Love 5
(edited)
10 minutes ago, oakville said:

No one thought, ( except Dr Z. ) that Obama would beat Hillary. Joe was a fan of Hillary. Joe railed against Obama running for President after being in the Senate for 2 years.

I remember Joe saying Obama didn't have a snowball's chance in hell of being elected (or words to that effect). 

Trump is mad that people are saying Melania got plastic surgery, so Joe tweeted at him that "yeah it's really mean when someone makes fun of a loved one's plastic surgery". 

Dude the man committed treason, and you're still pissed off about a stupid comment about Mika that was made a year ago? That no one in their right mind took seriously? Let it go.  

As my Mother used to say, Get your priorities straight.  

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 1

Well, I think Joe was right to tweet that. Trump only understands when something affects him. Maybe it will stop him from his hateful tweets especially against women.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, rcc said:

Well, I think Joe was right to tweet that. Trump only understands when something affects him. Maybe it will stop him from his hateful tweets especially against women.

Nothing will ever stop him from tweeting but I am not mad at Joe for responding (although less whine would have been better).  Trump needs to be called out on each and every foul thing he tweets, every day, all day.  

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, rcc said:

I wouldn’t side eye this if he and she didn’t spend so much energy convincing everyone over the course of the last year how much the Tweet didn’t bother them when it’s clearly otherwise. 

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, XOQueens said:
45 minutes ago, rcc said:

I wouldn’t side eye this if he and she didn’t spend so much energy convincing everyone over the course of the last year how much the Tweet didn’t bother them when it’s clearly otherwise. 

This! Mika said she didn't care, she thought it was stupid and silly.  So if that's your story stick with it. It's just Joe beating his chest like the big man who has to protect his woman.  

Donald Trump will stop his hateful tweets when monkeys fly out of my butt. 

• Love 6
10 hours ago, shok said:

Good points! I just find it strange that the USA keeps electing Presidents born in 1946. Obama is the exception to the rule. 

Bush jr, Clinton & Trump are all born in 1946 or 1947.

Time to get some younger people in charge.

31 minutes ago, oakville said:

Bush jr, Clinton & Trump are all born in 1946 or 1947.

Clinton was considered young when he was elected, 1992.  He was 46.  Obama was 47. 

Teddy Roosevelt is the youngest POTUS we've ever elected, 42. 

• Love 4

Yikes, I do believe they just set a landspeed record for making the show be about themselves as it only took about 45 seconds to work their twitter war into the conversation . . . it's a shame really as the first 44 seconds were terrific especially including Steve Kerr's comments from the day before.

• Love 4

Meeks and Squinty are miles apart yet again this morning.   Has anyone checked to see if she's still wearing the ring?

The more often that one or the other of the lovebirds can't be bothered to get driven to the studio, the more I am inclined to switch to CNN, where the anchors respect and appreciate their jobs enough to show up for them.

Thursday Recap. Beeker is in the Bunker. Mika is wearing her librarian outfit & on set. Trump made a fool of himself with Trudeau.

Sam Stein i mocking Trump & Rudy for being 3 times married. Isn't Joe about to be married 3 times?

Mika is off the rails defending Stormy Daniels.

This show is making me laugh so hard. Joe is tlking about Molly Hatchet.

Beaker's hair is slick.

Heileman is mocking Trump for not knowing the words to God Bless America.

It's election day in Ontario!. Switching to Canadian news.....

For the record, Canada did NOT burn down the White House. We were living under British Army rule. We became a country in 1867.

Trump is coming to Canada this weekend. Yikes!

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, oakville said:

Trump is coming to Canada this weekend. Yikes!

Oakville, I can't even imagine . . . I haven't watched this much MJ in a long time and this morning was just stellar.  Of course much of my mirth is contributed to clips of Trump and co. (Rudy, seriously?) but Mika had to bigfoot her defense of Stormy Daniels even though she refers to her as a porn star instead of an adult film actress.  I think maybe their lane could be taking the TMZ route of reporting the news.

• Love 1

It’s so stupid that Joe spends so much time ( w Heilemann this morning) bemoaning Trumps lack of historical knowledge. “Shouldn’t have mouthed off to Australia they’re our biggest ally”. “Should be nice and kind to France Canada GB etc etc they’re our allies!”

People do believe that our allies and NATO etc have been taking advantage of us for decades. They believe we need to push back and this is Trump pushing back. Since this is a political show hosted by smart experienced people wouldn’t it be nice to have a robust convo about that as a strategy, instead of reacting as simplistically as those who think this is a clever strategy ? Who wants to hear Joe’s long-winded, pointless hand wringing. 

• Love 1

Mika is wearing the same preppie dress/top as she wore yesterday.  And the same shapeless cardigan she wears all the time.

Is it Interruption Thursday?  They are hell bent on setting an interruption record.  I can't watch any longer.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

Meeks and Squinty are miles apart yet again this morning.   Has anyone checked to see if she's still wearing the ring?

I’ve noticed a correlation between Joe being bunkered in a mans far far away and the times Mika overloads Instagram with posts of her daughter/s being home. 

Surely Mika knows to Tweet in full words when trying to start a Twitter # campaign? Her Stormy Tweets this morning are particularly painful. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Chloesmom said:

Oakville, I can't even imagine . . . I haven't watched this much MJ in a long time and this morning was just stellar.  Of course much of my mirth is contributed to clips of Trump and co. (Rudy, seriously?) but Mika had to bigfoot her defense of Stormy Daniels even though she refers to her as a porn star instead of an adult film actress.  I think maybe their lane could be taking the TMZ route of reporting the news.

The Canadian TV News is worried that Our leader, Justin Trudeau will get fed up with Trump & punch him. Trudeau became famous in 2012 for knocking out Conservative Senator Brazeau in a charity boxing match. 

What the f is happening to Mika & Beeker?

Joe was mocking Trump for making fun of Mika’s plastic surgery.

This isn’t a serious news show.

1 hour ago, novhappy said:

It’s so stupid that Joe spends so much time ( w Heilemann this morning) bemoaning Trumps lack of historical knowledge. “Shouldn’t have mouthed off to Australia they’re our biggest ally”. “Should be nice and kind to France Canada GB etc etc they’re our allies!”

People do believe that our allies and NATO etc have been taking advantage of us for decades. They believe we need to push back and this is Trump pushing back. Since this is a political show hosted by smart experienced people wouldn’t it be nice to have a robust convo about that as a strategy, instead of reacting as simplistically as those who think this is a clever strategy ? Who wants to hear Joe’s long-winded, pointless hand wringing. 

Joe forgot that he used to rant against France for not joining the war in Iraq.

Joe forgot that he sponsored a bill in Congress in the 1990s to abolish the UN

• Love 2
1 hour ago, novhappy said:

This is from Reuters 6/6/18:

Wednesday’s report from the Commerce Department was the latest sign of robust economic growth in the second quarter.

But a protectionist trade policy being pursued by President Donald Trump, which has seen the United States slapping tariffs on imports from a host of countries including China, Mexico and Canada, as well as those in the European Union, poses a threat to the otherwise rosy economic outlook.

I think what most experts believe is that in the long run, it's better to have allies.  Trump doesn't put any thought into negotiating, he just makes an uninformed decision, and screw the consequences.  I have heard several interviews with American and Canadian business people on NPR recently, and they believe these tariffs will end up forcing companies to lay off employees, as the prices of importing and exporting products will negate any recent gains made in hiring.  International trade, foreign policy, and macro economics is complicated, and while we are gaining on overcoming the trade deficit,  Trump's old man isolationist policies, bolstered by the likes of Bolton will hurt us in the long run. 

The country that is hurting us the most is China, but since Trump wants to build hotels over there, and Ivanka wants to sell her crap over there, we're now allowing a company that was stealing US technology, ZTE,  to go unpunished. 

Wasn't it Mika rolling her eyes in disgust that Trump had a one nighter with a "porn star". 

Now she's BFF's with Stephanie Clifford all of a sudden because Guiliani, parroting Trump, brought up her looks?  

Pick a lane, Screech. 

• Love 4

Am I the only one who loved Mika's take-down of Rudy this morning?  I was literally cheering her.  She continued on with the subject on Stephanie Ruhle's show, and I can't remember Mika showing up to a panel on anybody else's show, ever.  She is on fire about Rudy and tRump's condescending, misogynistic comments.  Then she said that, in speaking to someone connected in/with the WH, that Donald's biggest complaint about living in the White House is that he's not allowed to watch porn.  Potus' twitter will explode today, and tomorrow's MJ should be pretty epic.  Let the games begin.  

I bitch about Mika on a regular basis, especially how she lets Joe verbally ride roughshod over her, and for not living up to the principles she espouses with her KYV, but today she found a voice; she's furious; and I don't believe she will let this one go. 

'

• Love 4

I just don't know what else anyone would have expected from Guiliani. It's infuriating, yes, but isn't it what we expect from these jackasses?  

These are a bunch of stupid old men saying shit stupid old men say. 

I'm much more worried about the shit they're trying to pull then the idiot things they say. 

Was there any discussion about the text messages between Cohen and Stephanie's previous attorney, who was working with Cohen behind the scenes, where they were going to get her on Hannity's show to deny the affair, which would have proven that the pay off wasn't just personal to protect Melania, it was an in kind contribution to the campaign, to prevent damage to his candidacy.  

Let's not forget the ass kissing Donald Trump  was getting from Mika during the campaign.  He didn't just start saying awful things about women in 2016.  But you'd never know it from Mika and Joe, guiding him to his nomination while giggling and believing they would be behind the scenes advisers to a President. 

I find it difficult to take anything Mika says seriously.  

Children are being shoved into dog kennels and an abandoned Wal Mart is being used as a giant kiddie prison, but Mika is upset that Rudy Guiliani made a disparaging comment about Stephanie Clifford's looks. I'm pretty sure Stephanie can stand up for herself. She's pretty tough and finds people like Guiliani to be ridiculous. 

• Love 7

Trump and his coterie are like kids. They see a problem and they believe they see an obvois solution. The parents try to point out the complexities of the matter and the problems with the simple solution. We’ve elected the children. 

Mika and Joe are like the other kid at the Sunday dinner table interjecting into the conversation pointless jabs at their sibling. “ Bro, you so stooopid”. “Yeah shut up, haha mom thinks you’re wrong”. You know. The kid everyone is tuning out 

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

I find it difficult to take anything Mika says seriously.

Her selective outrage is only fueled by a desire for attention and approval.  It's not genuine.
She is exactly like a child in this regard.  Child accidentally says something funny, reads the faces of the audience, repeats the same increasingly less funny thing hoping to sustain the flattering attention.
Think she'll hammer Giuliani tomorrow on the show?

• Love 4

I understand that Mika and Joe gave tRump ample free publicity when he was first running, and believe me, I did my fair share of screaming at the TV or changing the channel at the time.  However, I think they've come to their senses (what little of them there are) when it comes to him.  Better late than never.

My main point in my post above is that Mika wasn't the shrinking violet that she usually is when Joe is "there", either beside her or via remote.  She's usually the one who mumbles in agreement (or not), who sighs, who pulls faces, and who lets herself be steamrolled over by the men's voices at the table.  Today she was livid and she let the fur fly and that in itself was surprising and welcome.  Then she continued the discourse on the following program, also surprising.  My hope is that her crusade on this matter doesn't fade into the background when DT makes his next stupid and outrageous move...because every day more crap hits the fan.  I hope she takes up this particular banner - since it falls right in line with KYV - and runs a marathon with it.

• Love 3

re Mika v Giuliani, I would cheer if Mika had a track record of honesty. But I think she is an opportunist and that her rants/campaigns have only one intended beneficiary: herself. I would love to know how much time she spends watching footage of herself after certain shows. I picture lots of wine, bed head, and an endless loop of clips followed by a liiiitle nap. That's Her Value.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, teddysmom said:

This is from Reuters 6/6/18:

Wednesday’s report from the Commerce Department was the latest sign of robust economic growth in the second quarter.

But a protectionist trade policy being pursued by President Donald Trump, which has seen the United States slapping tariffs on imports from a host of countries including China, Mexico and Canada, as well as those in the European Union, poses a threat to the otherwise rosy economic outlook.

I think what most experts believe is that in the long run, it's better to have allies.  Trump doesn't put any thought into negotiating, he just makes an uninformed decision, and screw the consequences.  I have heard several interviews with American and Canadian business people on NPR recently, and they believe these tariffs will end up forcing companies to lay off employees, as the prices of importing and exporting products will negate any recent gains made in hiring.  International trade, foreign policy, and macro economics is complicated, and while we are gaining on overcoming the trade deficit,  Trump's old man isolationist policies, bolstered by the likes of Bolton will hurt us in the long run. 

The country that is hurting us the most is China, but since Trump wants to build hotels over there, and Ivanka wants to sell her crap over there, we're now allowing a company that was stealing US technology, ZTE,  to go unpunished. 

Wasn't it Mika rolling her eyes in disgust that Trump had a one nighter with a "porn star". 

Now she's BFF's with Stephanie Clifford all of a sudden because Guiliani, parroting Trump, brought up her looks?  

Pick a lane, Screech. 

Not only that, Putin wants to drive a wedge between the US and other NATO members so a trade war with Canada and Europe would be exactly what a dutiful puppet for Russia should be doing.

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, scrb said:

Not only that, Putin wants to drive a wedge between the US and other NATO members so a trade war with Canada and Europe would be exactly what a dutiful puppet for Russia should be doing.

Bingo.   But let's waste 20 minutes getting our panties in a bunch over Rudy Guiliani running his mouth.  Again. 

Once again, the geniuses fall for the bullshit,  instead of paying attention to what's important.  

• Love 4

Oh, jeez, Nicole Wallace is stroking Mika's ego big time, offering her up for adulation and saying that her tirade this morning was prescient. Avenatti joined in, my head was exploding but I think he called her astute. 

I will go out on a limb and say that Mika  will Not be taking the day off tomorrow!

• Love 7